Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who have the five original x-men has change the most

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By moywar700

As alot of us know, the first five x-men came out in the 60's, fast foward to present time, now that's over 50 years of character development.If you were to read about the x-men in the 60's and now, you probably wouldn't recognized them if you were a first time x-men reader. They are probably some of the few fictional characters who reviced very much changes but who do you think has changed the most out of the five characters?

Jean Grey- the girl who lost her mind to the phoenix

Cyclops- He was good hearted but than turn into a cold leader

Angel- He was a "good" but than Apocalypse changed him when he turned into a horsemen

Iceman- Wasn't powerful when he began his adventure but turned into a major powerhouse-

Beast- He was a "normal human" but soon changed forever to a beast

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Physically-Beast 

Power wise-Jean 

Personality wise-Cyclops

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Powerzone789

personality wise, angel or cyclops. Cyclops you can tell most recently with x-men regenesis when bobby was about to leave, he tried joking with scott one last time, but scott was forever changed when he merged with apocalypse. He's no longer the loving family man/leader he used to be. Angel changed alot earlier but still the change is apparent with archangel, although his personality became more intact as time further went on but it a;ll depended on the writer. The only real changes in Beast andIceman are powerwise, sure bobby is a LITTLE more mature now but honestly the biggest change goes to scott. Jean gray is just....dead

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By moywar700

I meant the title of thread to be "Who has changed the most out of the original X-Men"

thanks for answers

Markall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Markall

They changed Cyclops personality wise and i like it. But i cant decide if they changed Jean or Angel more because they are both changed personality wise and power wise

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By papad1992

Jean grey - The most desirable and undesirable X-Man to return countless times (one too many imo). Crumbled to the power of the Phoenix and is inhabited with immense power!!

Cyclops - The boy-scout gone army general!! His leadership choices have led to some immense events in the X-Men's history and lost friends!

Angel - Unable to amount to his code-name ever since Apocalypse took a hold of this ex-playboy!!

Iceman - The most low-key member of the original 5! His abilities have the potential to reach omega-level but like his personality... he's immature!!

Beast - Beast's turn-about was when he turned from his human appearance to ape-like to cat-like! One of the world's scientific mind!

My pick is Cyclops... not Jean because she's inhabited the Phoenix forever now and it feels one note!! Cyclops to me (even though he's not a favorite of mine) has really grown and has over-filled the shoes of a LEADER!!

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Night Thrasher

I think Bobby has had the most development, but Scott has changed the most. Bobby started as another Johnny Storm/Spider-Man personality. He has since then went through various bits with his father, almost depression, repression of his powers and mind control by Emma Frost. He went from class clown to a real three dimensional character.

Scott, to me has grown for the better. He used to be Xavier's lap boy. Anything for "the dream". Since the "betrayal" of Xavier, Scott has come to be his own man. Others call him cold. To me, he's calculating. He's the compromise of Magneto and Prof Xavier's visions. He wants mutant/human relations to be harmonious but he understands you have to break a few eggs to do so. He isn't reactive as Xavier was but he isn't antagonistic as Magneto was. I love the way they portray Scott now. He's an actual leader now and not a "yes man" to Xavier.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I would say angel, especially whats been happening recently  

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle

I would say Angel has been through the most out of the five, since his first appearance he has been a valuable member of the X-Men-- has quit the team-- lost his powers-- become a villain--become an "anti-hero" sort of character--has had the most relationships with various X-women--and among all this has had some interesting ties and grudges through his wealthy social status (Hellfire Club)--I have to admit, out the first five X-Men he went from the one with the lamest powers to one of the more interesting characters.....thats development!!
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

@cattlebattle: Angel recently has definitely been through the ringer lately. I just think Bobby has been through more growth on a personal level. His immature persona, at least to me, has faded. Warren, to me, has just went from rich boy who can fly. To schizophrenic, rich boy who can fly and is sometimes the Death horseman of Apocalypse. His relationship with Betty is pretty much stale. They had to make it a triangle to make it interesting, his personality is that of a cardboard box, plus we really don't know where he stands on any of the issues as far as Utopia and Magneto. IMO

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Warren was a teen with a physical mutation that is now an amnesiac incarnation of an all powerful mutant who dictated a alternate earth under his totalitarian rule. He has metal wings and is on a death squad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.