Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who has been the best X-Men characters of 2013.

• 66 results
    adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By adamTRMM

@ageofhurricane said:

Uh, what ?

Wherever you got that from, Rachel doesn't know this (him being a different person now, notwithstanding). And, like, you give people second chances. The X-Men have had worse additions for moral questioning join their ranks anyways. Wherever she goes, at least she's not rotting away in the depths of the JGS before Wood decided to take the initiative and develop her. People should just give it a chance.

I got that from Here Comes Tomorrow, you say you love Morrison's run, I thought you would know this. Worse than a man who is behind Weapon Plus\X and a death of her alternate mother? I don't think so. Does Rechel know who he is? Well, where and how most of comic book characters receive their information, was always a mystery for me. But, in the first issue where Sublime explains what Arkea is, seems like X-men pretty much informed about who sits in front of them. Do they know about Kick and Weapon X\Plus? That I'd like if somebody could remind me, because I really don't remember. I assume they do, at least some of it, which already shows how wrong this idea (romance?) is, especially assuming that she knows behind what atrocities he stands. Another wrong idea, is making Sublime look more likable like he's some complicated person while he pretty much one-dimensional in his essence. I can see this as a part of his unrevealed plans, but seeing Rachel fall for it is not the best development, which I think she deserves. But what if this development looks like Sabra falling for Dr. Mengele?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Uh, what ?

Wherever you got that from, Rachel doesn't know this (him being a different person now, notwithstanding). And, like, you give people second chances. The X-Men have had worse additions for moral questioning join their ranks anyways. Wherever she goes, at least she's not rotting away in the depths of the JGS before Wood decided to take the initiative and develop her. People should just give it a chance.

I got that from Here Comes Tomorrow, you say you love Morrison's run, I thought you would know this. Worse than a man who is behind Weapon Plus\X and a death of her alternate mother? I don't think so. Does Rechel know who he is? Well, where and how most of comic book characters receive their information, was always a mystery for me. But, in the first issue where Sublime explains what Arkea is, seems like X-men pretty much informed about who sits in front of them. Do they know about Kick and Weapon X\Plus? That I'd like if somebody could remind me, because I really don't remember. I assume they do, at least some of it, which already shows how wrong this idea (romance?) is, especially assuming that she knows behind what atrocities he stands. Another wrong idea, is making Sublime look more likable like he's some complicated person while he pretty much one-dimensional in his essence. I can see this as a part of his unrevealed plans, but seeing Rachel fall for it is not the best development, which I think she deserves. But what if this development looks like Sabra falling for Dr. Mengele?

is sublime even real??? I thought he was just an ancient sentient bacterium that possesses and operates through human hosts. So its some kind of bacteria in a human host. If you take out the bacteria then the person would be free and a whole different person?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@adamtrmm said:

@ageofhurricane said:

Uh, what ?

Being the driving force behind the 'they hate and fear us' trope was implicit. None of the X-Men are or were aware of Sublime's coercive role to play in Jean's death, (even though she's not even dead in that sense) so this shouldn't effect Rachel's decision or disposition towards him. Upon arrival at the JGS, it was Psylocke who had to inform her of the man she was facing, and while she took heavy precautions in dealing with him, based on what's been shown on-panel, neither she nor the other X-Men are aware of his dark past. As it stands his current character's motivations are altruistic enough (he even said he learnt some humanity from his hosts) to give him a pass but like you said, this could all be part of a more sinister plot. Just because we may know what he's done, doesn't mean every single X-Character does as well. That's a rather crass assumption to make.

And nothing's been verified, it's just that out of all the members of Storm's team, she was the only one who didn't give him the cold shoulder.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@hopesummersforthefuture: Different, yes. As evidenced by Karima's current state, they'd remember nothing of their life prior to being 'infected'.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Different, yes. As evidenced by Karima's current state, they'd remember nothing of their life prior to being 'infected'.

huh, weird. Thanks for the info :)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By adamTRMM

Being the driving force behind the 'they hate and fear us' trope was implicit. None of the X-Men are or were aware of Sublime's coercive role to play in Jean's death, (even though she's not even dead in that sense) so this shouldn't effect Rachel's decision or disposition towards him. Upon arrival at the JGS, it was Psylocke who had to inform her of the man she was facing, and while she took heavy precautions in dealing with him, based on what's been shown on-panel, neither she nor the other X-Men are aware of his dark past. As it stands his current character's motivations are altruistic enough (he even said he learnt some humanity from his hosts) to give him a pass but like you said, this could all be part of a more sinister plot. Just because we may know what he's done, doesn't mean every single X-Character does as well. That's a rather crass assumption to make.

And nothing's been verified, it's just that out of all the members of Storm's team, she was the only one who didn't give him the cold shoulder.

Yeah, Psylocke said "You don't recognize him? It's John Sublime." like Rachel actually should have. If all of the knowledge X-men possessed about him, was based on what we've seen only, they shouldn't also know he is able to possess people. That being said, we'll have to see what exactly is going to happen before the final verdict, and until it's clear she doesn't know what was Sublime behind, no matter how "humane" he might seem, I'll call this tension a blasphemy.

You mean, the person that was possessed before, or bacteria itself?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightcrawler

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

My top 5 for 2013 would be:

5. Storm (Headmistress,leading her team, co-leading UXF, and lots of appearances in other titles) she has the relevant positions in the X-Verse but really needs the voice and writer focus to propel character and make these roles more pivotal)

I genuinely think that Brian Wood really gets Storm's voice, it's just unfortunate that he's only had the chance to write her in a few short arcs so far. But I do feel pretty confident in Storm under his pen.

And, like you say, at least now she's back in the type of prominent role that she should be in.

I definitely agree that Wood has a good take on Storm's voice and writers her pretty well. I have really enjoyed most of his work with Ororo.

We just don't know yet if he is the writer who will develop her role as leader of the X-Men, since he has stated that the leadership for the team is not definitive and the mandate is still undefined, or will leverage her role as Headmistress in a meaningful way for his book or the X-Verse as a whole. It's still early in his run so we never know but I am not sure he is interested in developing Storm in a more relevant way (i.e. - leader of XXM and the XSE or making the JGS into a school respected and recognized by the relevant governmental factions in the MU as the place to handle mutant related issues, etc.).

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Cyclops. Not only does the X-Men universe hinge on this character right now but his arc has been the most compelling.

Jimmie_Hudson_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jimmie_Hudson_

1) cyclops

2) pryde

3) storm

4) jean

5) magneto

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion and Blindfold, definitely. I wish more noise were made about them, the perspective taken with the characters and this whole debacle with the split between major players in the X-World is bloody fantastic.

I could mention Kitty, Storm, etc but they pretty much hit my top ten every year. I like seeing others get some shine and the couple above have glittered blindingly this past year.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I agree with everyone saying Legion and Blindfold. Legacy has been a gem and breath of fresh air.

Magik has been great. I've fallen back in love with her and I'm glad her and Kitty are friends again.

Psylocke, bias aside, I think has had a good year. It was inevitable after UXF vol. 1. She's been kicking major arse in adjectiveless, and I enjoy her popping off at the mouth in UXF.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Broo

warbird

doop

gold balls

oddly enough emma frost

Doctor_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Doctor_Zero

1. Legion

2. Cable

3. Blindfold

4. Cyclops

5. Dr. Nemesis

Bossmoss4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legion, Colossus, Blindfold, Domino, Warbird, Iceman, Hell I will even put Dazzler on here just for X-Treme X-Men

skypilotbinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By skypilotbinky
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Future Shogo and Jubilee - BOTA set up a lot for these two. I hope this isn't just a fad and Shogo actually grows up to become how he's depicted in the future.

O5 Angel - I honestly think that teen Warren should be the leader of the O5. He's seems to be the smartest of them and this is a chance mix things up.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.