Who do you think always be X-Men best couple

#1 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's between, Rogue and Gambit and Jean and Scott. I picked Rogue and Gambit, cause I liked them more than anyone.

#3 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue and Gambit are a terrible, terrible couple!

#4 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked Psylocke and Archangel together the most. But I guess overall I'll always have a soft spot for Elixir and Wallflower.

#5 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

Not there not and name couple better than them..

#6 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

Not there not and name couple better than them..

It's a stale relationship that's massively detrimental to both characters, especially Gambit. It gets way too much focus and hasn't been interesting since the 90s.

Angel and Psylocke, Charles and Moira, Madrox and Layla Miller.

#7 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Scott will always be the best IMO and are certainly the most memorable.

#8 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

kitty and peter. best ever.

#9 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty & Colossus are the best X-couple IMO. Unfortunately, they never know what to do with it so they put them apart in various ways and now finally they've run out of excuses and they're just splitting them up.

#10 Edited by Veitha (3285 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty/Peter; Emma/Scott; Betsy/Warren are the best ones IMO.

#11 Posted by SoA (4828 posts) - - Show Bio

i chose havok and polaris since they still together. after that gambit and rogue, psylocke and warren, it should have stayed untouched but my personal fave was cyclops and jean (i grew up in the 90s) but eh stuff happens

#12 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

No matter what haters say...no couple like Gambit and Rogue.

#13 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roguegirl24 said:

Yeah, no other relationship's been so damaging to the development of both characters.

#14 Posted by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Roguegirl24 said:

Yeah, no other relationship's been so damaging to the development of both characters.

How has the relationship damage there characters ?

#15 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@John Valentine said:

@Roguegirl24 said:

How has the relationship damage there characters ?

Just look at modern Gambit, he's a pining, Rogue-obsessed doormat, completely defined by his attachment to Rogue opposed to the mysterious, womanizing thief he used to be.

#16 Posted by Roguegirl24 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Now wait just a bit, those characters have been together almost since they were introduced and i sincerely don't know another pair that used to have so many fans like them .Everyone could feel that sparkle between them, just because things screwed up like everything does nowadays, it's just because the writers don't understand their personality , don't understand who they really are. Rogue and Gambit are written bad, really bad, but who knows? maybe someone in the future , will be smart enough to write them like the badass couple , they used to be. And about Gambit..."mysterious, womanizing thief"? that's what you think about Gambit?Really? You really, cant see how complex his character is, do you? I have a lots to say about this topic but i don't want to say something bad about anyone. But the point is...if you see Gambit that way, you'll never be able to understand his and Rogue's relationship and why no matter who Marvel will pair them with, no one will be good enough for either of them.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to have to go with Emma and Scott. It isn't as lovey, but they have stood together through hell and back; have made choices that have blackened their souls and turned the world against them.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roguegirl24 said:

nd about Gambit..."mysterious, womanizing thief"? that's what you think about Gambit?Really? You really, cant see how complex his character is, do you? I have a lots to say about this topic but i don't want to say something bad about anyone. But the point is...if you see Gambit that way, you'll never be able to understand his and Rogue's relationship and why no matter who Marvel will pair them with, no one will be good enough for either of them.

Sorry, I forgot how he likes to hang around with teenage girls and was blind for a bit. COMPLEX.

#19 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roguegirl24 said:

Utterly true.

@John Valentine said:

@Roguegirl24 said:

nd about Gambit..."mysterious, womanizing thief"? that's what you think about Gambit?Really? You really, cant see how complex his character is, do you? I have a lots to say about this topic but i don't want to say something bad about anyone. But the point is...if you see Gambit that way, you'll never be able to understand his and Rogue's relationship and why no matter who Marvel will pair them with, no one will be good enough for either of them.

Sorry, I forgot how he likes to hang around with teenage girls and was blind for a bit. COMPLEX.

Come on now, lol. Let's just try and pretend the end of x-23's series never happened when he got a little too protective and went all pea-cocky on a young kid....

Seriously though --- Gambit is much more deeper and complicated a character than how he has been portrayed these past few years. He's off on his own -- getting back to his "roots" but he is much more than just a womanizing thief **fingers crossed this will be brought forth in his new series** although anything is better than seeing him play Rogue's safe harbour.

So --- yes, Rogue and Gambit. Best couple EVAH!!!! :)

#20 Posted by Roddy010 (5246 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue and Gambit all day everyday.

#21 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10467 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

Rogue and Gambit all day everyday.

This.

#22 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris and Havok!

#23 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

rogue and gambit.

#24 Posted by Imperius_Rex (452 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor and Storm AoX

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

Polaris and Havok!

I agree, ignoring that awful early 2000s-Nurse Annie stuff.

#26 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I selected Emma and Cyclops because it is a mature, adult relationship where they are equals in the partnership.

#27 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@lorex said:

I selected Emma and Cyclops because it is a mature, adult relationship where they are equals in the partnership.

Ha!

#28 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke and Archangel for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.