Who do you feel is the most useless of the X-Men?

• 142 results
#1 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that Jean Grey, Cyclops, and Jubilee, are the most useless characters out of all the X-Men.

#2 Posted by Hunter114 (829 posts) - - Show Bio

I disagree with you on Cyclops and Jean (who I think is dead now?) - but Jubilee was always the most useless in the cartoons. Rogue was completely useless in the X-Men movies.

#3 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Prof X. 

#4 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

angel before archangel

#5 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Lately it has been Prof. X. He served no purpose in Second Coming except being forced to unleash Legion.

#6 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler. He was obsolete...so they killed him off. Sounds pretty useless to me. Or Dani Moonstar.

#7 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit and Jubliee are the two main ones that comes to mind.
#8 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

Definately Angel before Apocalypse. All the others had a mild use and had a lot more strengths, Warrens was being rich :/ 
#9 Posted by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388: Shame on you. Jubilee was never useless. She played a important role in being Logan's sidekick. We saw this the most masculine man in the world has time to become a daddy again. 

And in my opinion most useless is Colossus. He really complains way too much.
#10 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think it was Pixie... but now without Nightcrawler she's more important

#11 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

JUbilee: Warning: Emits Showers of Sparks. Thats about it

#12 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:  COMPLETELY WRONG!!! Nightcrawler is (was) one of my favorites and Dani Moonstar is the best example of female power!
#13 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:
" angel before archangel "
That, Angel was so lame... did he even have enhanced strength or anything?  All he use to do was fly lol
#14 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio
@xhavoc86 said:
" @agent9149 said:
That, Angel was so lame... did he even have enhanced strength or anything?  All he use to do was fly lol "
I know all he did was fly around and look pretty...every time i see him i would be like why is he here
#15 Edited by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149:  Cyclops have optic blasts and his leadership skills, Beast was smart and had enhanced strength and agility, Marvel Girl had telekinesis, Iceman had his ice abilities... and Angel..... Angel could fly.... lol not that flying is a lame power, but how do you use that in a battle other than to just run away? lol  maybe they just had him on the team because he was rich and they needed money to fund the mansion and what not jk of course lol   Angel is an awesome dude, but he was definitely lacking "finesse" .... which he got after Apocalypse amped him up lol
#16 Posted by Powerzone789 (430 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:  false nightcrawler had been in the x-men for ages before, teleporting and agility are extremely useful powers
#17 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" Nightcrawler."
#18 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor. Constantly undermines leadership. Wolverine, Magneto and Colossus can fill any role that he can. Spends all his time arrogantly complaining. Totally worthless.

#19 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat
#20 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Namor is worse than useless.

#21 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:
nc not useless hes saved the x men with teleporting a bunch of times and saved hope
#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Namor is worse than useless. "
Shakes hand. Buys metaphorical beer.
#23 Posted by JTraN (2 posts) - - Show Bio

the one who could turn on and off electicity in the movie he looked pretty useless

#24 Posted by Warpath Storm (492 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt:@Korg: 

I also agree on Namor, I wish scott would find namor and emma kissing,  and kill namor LOL
#25 Posted by EGoD (1513 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee for sure. 

Now I do believe Angel isn't as useless anymore, he did gain a sort of secondary mutation that his blood can heal.  I'm not sure if that's still the case now with his transformation back to the archangel, but a guy with blood that can heal himself and others doesn't sound all that useless.
#26 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warpath Storm: Kitty doesn't belong in this forum... She's too awesome and she's Jewish!!
#27 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercury

#28 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085 said:
" Nightcrawler. He was obsolete...so they killed him off. Sounds pretty useless to me. Or Dani Moonstar. "
If that's right I reckon it's time to kill off Wolverine.
'Crawler wasn't obsolete. Unimaginative writers were the problem.
#29 Edited by Jubilantlad (318 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God: I agree partially. Only because she doesn't get any paneltime. If they gave her a arc in Legacy which did her justice, I'd be glad.
#30 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio
@Larkin1388 said:

" I feel that Jean Grey and Cyclops "

Well, you're clearly wrong. 

@Gylan Thomas said:
" @LT1085 said:
" Nightcrawler. He was obsolete...so they killed him off. Sounds pretty useless to me. Or Dani Moonstar. "
If that's right I reckon it's time to kill off Wolverine. 'Crawler wasn't obsolete. Unimaginative writers were the problem. "
Yes, because it would have been sensible to kill off a character who is still relevant to the Marvel Universe..... 
The fact of the matter is that Nightcrawler had not done anything of importance in years and his powers were completely outshone by the likes of Vanisher, Pixie, Ilyana and Ariel.
#31 Posted by Enigman (195 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee definitely.

#32 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Korg said:
" Namor is worse than useless. "
#33 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

I never saw much point in Beak.
#34 Posted by Earthfall (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Beak was horribly useless. Classic Angel was as well.

#35 Posted by eldestrisk (635 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Karma.

#36 Posted by Ry Fryy (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel, followed closely by Gambit.

#37 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio
@xhavoc86:  why do your powers have to be about fighting? I dont think Angel is useless, he is very stunning and a symbol for hope to some. thats why he looks like an Angel. I dont think any mutant is worthless at all. thats like saying someone is worthless. everyone should have a sense of worth. just sayin. tho i do hate jean grey.
#38 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8141 posts) - - Show Bio
@eldestrisk said:
"Probably Karma. "

Yep Her or i always thought Armor was UNREAL boring and whinney
#39 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean and Cyclops as "useless" characters? HA! NO. RIDICULOUS OP!

#40 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio
@BuddyBulson: 
I thought he lacked in every aspect, like I said, even Cyclops has his leadership skills and Beast has the brains.  Angel didn't contribute much to the team, all he could do is fly...but if you look at Iceman and Jean, they could both fly through different means (ice bridge and levitation) and do more than just that whereas Angel only offered flight.  I think its great that he was a symbol of hope as you put it, but most of the time, they had to hide his wings anyways, which was more trouble anyways... of course now he could shield himself and others with his wings (sometimes...lol), shoot pinion darts and he also has that healing attribute that someone mentioned...but before, he was just not up to par cause you got a lot of characters who could fly and do stuff whereas all he did was fly.  Just my opinion, but like I said, he's an awesome character and he's filthy rich, and thats all that really matters in the end...jk lol
#41 Posted by RJMooreII (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider 2/3rds of the X-Men to be useless.

#42 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

Bishop!
#43 Posted by PhoenixHell (124 posts) - - Show Bio

dust
#44 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Warpath Storm said:
" @FadeToBlackBolt:@Korg: 
 I also agree on Namor, I wish scott would find namor and emma kissing,  and kill namor LOL "
Sorry, this didn't pop up in my email, otherwise I would have told you how awesome you were for saying that. I have dreams about Cyclops killing Namor. 99% of all X-Men stories I plot in my brain have Scott killing Namor lol. (Big thumbs up)
#45 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Armor

#46 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Stacy X!!  It's hard being more useless than Jubilee,  but she definitely got it done.

#47 Posted by Danial79 (2347 posts) - - Show Bio

Powers-wise, I think Cyclops it the least useful. He's just a human laser-cannon... whoopdeedoo...

#48 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1113 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:
Agreed with this one 
#49 Edited by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@Danial79:
just
I think surgeons, eye doctors, jewelers and CD's would all disagree on the usefulness of having a human laser cannon 
#50 Posted by alicemalice (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Since there are so few mutants these days..I find i hard to peg down a mutant who is useless. who are more important now more then ever.  And the characters who have been mentioned like Dust and Jubilee have incrediblee useful uses, with very dire effects.

she is depowered now, but Tattoo would have been my answer.  Her power was just to be able to write words onto her skin and disrupt neurochemistry. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.