Who do you believe is affected the most after AVX?

#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

'It's true that once the wheels of justice begin to turn, nothing can stop them... nothing.'

-Jill Valentine

;P

Considering none of the heroes in Marvel were acting like adults during AvX-- yet now they have to suffer the final consequences.. Who do you think is walking away from AvX with the most damage?

#2 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

The mutant community. I mean they're looked at as the main enemy again, and the fact that there are more popping up in the world I wouldn't surprise we'll see sentinels or something worse popping up sometime soon.

#3 Posted by poisonfleur (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

The mutant community. I mean they're looked at as the main enemy again, and the fact that there are more popping up in the world I wouldn't surprise we'll see sentinels or something worse popping up sometime soon.

Love the answer-- that was good. Although my question was aimed more at one single person rather than groups.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

Only hero to go "Worldbreaking" and go to jail for it.

#5 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost.

Post-AvX and she's nothing more than Cyclops' private hand-bag relegated to wallpaper/one-liners for the rest of her days, and only popping in when Cyclops is concerned. She's suffering a fate worse than death.

#6 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

chuck. he's dead now and red skull has his brain. oops spoiler for uncanny avengers.

#7 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Emma Frost.

Post-AvX and she's nothing more than Cyclops' private hand-bag relegated to wallpaper/one-liners for the rest of her days, and only popping in when Cyclops is concerned. She's suffering a fate worse than death.

Sadly I agree with this. I wonder what they're going to do with her. I mean she hasn't even been seen yet except for her little cameo where DareDevil knocked her over the head -____-. She was mentioned though as being captured. Ugh. I hate how the Avengers are holding her - what are the reasons!? Cause she didn't agree with them? BS. Pure BS. I want to see some Hellfire Club Emma after this event.

#8 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

The fans

Most just cry to themselves that the books have fallen so far, the rest sadly continue to support their maligned characters while ignoring all reason or sense

#9 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer said:

chuck. he's dead now and red skull has his brain. oops spoiler for uncanny avengers.

Red Skull, really just wants to know how Xavier convinced everyone he was "noble". It's quite the trick.

#10 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect: This :)

Also, if you withdrew your support you may find things change. Unwavering support only encourages this behavior.

#11 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: i know better than to waste my time arguing chuck's nobility. still being dead trumps anything else. scotty boy will be out of prison soon enough, by mags's hand if they play it good.

#12 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Men in general. The Avengers took their spot as the #1 superhero team.

#14 Posted by McKlayn (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops if your looking for an individual. Witch says No more Mutants gets away free of jail, Professor X goes all Onslaught but its ok, Namor blows up Wakanda but hes got immunity, Hulk is hulk and destroys as much as he saves but its ok cause he can smash for cap when he needs him, Hell even Jean grey did her part in destroying shit when she had the phoenix, They all get away with people just feeling sorry for them for being used. but Cyclops gets jail time lol

As for a group the X-men is right, the avengers picking some of there characters to steal their fans and stories and adding them to their roster. A SHAME, A TOTAL SHAME!! GIVE US CANNONBALL BACK!!

#15 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

The fans first.

The civil population of the 616 U. 2nd

D.C comics for all the fans jumping ship.

#16 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crimsonlord53: LOL. the fans first. i love you.

#17 Edited by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops. Lost the support of the mutant community, mentor dead by his own hands, and now imprisoned.

#18 Posted by McKlayn (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

Cyclops. Lost the support of the mutant community, mentor dead by his own hands, and now imprisoned.

im not 100 percent sure he lost the support of the mutant population, granted some big names (beast, wolverine even havok) have spoken out against him, but Rogue didn't seem like she was blaming him so much, and what about others? Sure they helped stop him when he went all dark phoenix but they accepted Jean after she did the same thing, maybe (doubtful but can't blame a guy for hoping) there will be more support for him then anyone realizes, I mean at the start of AVX Wolverine was pretty confident everyone who sided with him in the schism would agree with him in AVX but Scott came to his school and walked out with an army, maybe we will see something similar

#19 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Avengers has been the top franchise since Bendis started New Avengers.

#20 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@Brazen_Intellect said:

The fans

Most just cry to themselves that the books have fallen so far, the rest sadly continue to support their maligned characters while ignoring all reason or sense

Definitely this!!!
#21 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1359 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin: You might change your mind I believe scott was wrong.

Sorry firmly on the other side of the argument. :)

#22 Posted by sdimple387 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes i believe's.

#23 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@McKlayn said:

Cyclops if your looking for an individual. Witch says No more Mutants gets away free of jail, Professor X goes all Onslaught but its ok, Namor blows up Wakanda but hes got immunity, Hulk is hulk and destroys as much as he saves but its ok cause he can smash for cap when he needs him, Hell even Jean grey did her part in destroying shit when she had the phoenix, They all get away with people just feeling sorry for them for being used. but Cyclops gets jail time lol

As for a group the X-men is right, the avengers picking some of there characters to steal their fans and stories and adding them to their roster. A SHAME, A TOTAL SHAME!! GIVE US CANNONBALL BACK!!

Witch was actually mentally unstable. And she has Chaos magic, which can't be good for mental health. Prof X's Onslaught incident, while it may have been his fault, it was not him, and so he can't be held accountable for it's actions. Namor was under the control of the Phoenix, which was not his fault. Hulk is... Hulk. Jean Grey ended up dead. Again.

Cyke gets jail time because he chose the Phoenix Force, and until Dark Phoenix seemed to be in control of his actions. Namor just went nuts, and he didn't choose it.

That said, I don't really agree with it. Turn the situation around, make it a global threat, say 95% of the human population was wiped out, and Captain America had to make a choice between allowing a force that could destroy the Earth or save the human race, or stop it from having the chance, you know he'd risk it. And the heroes wouldn't say a word about it.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@McKlayn said:

Witch was actually mentally unstable. And she has Chaos magic, which can't be good for mental health. Prof X's Onslaught incident, while it may have been his fault, it was not him, and so he can't be held accountable for it's actions. Namor was under the control of the Phoenix, which was not his fault. Hulk is... Hulk. Jean Grey ended up dead. Again.

Cyke gets jail time because he chose the Phoenix Force, and until Dark Phoenix seemed to be in control of his actions. Namor just went nuts, and he didn't choose it.

That said, I don't really agree with it. Turn the situation around, make it a global threat, say 95% of the human population was wiped out, and Captain America had to make a choice between allowing a force that could destroy the Earth or save the human race, or stop it from having the chance, you know he'd risk it. And the heroes wouldn't say a word about it.

You, forgot how Cyke forced Stark to split up the PF and give him a fragment.....

#25 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@JonSmith said:

You, forgot how Cyke forced Stark to split up the PF and give him a fragment.....

He didn't force Stark to do it, but he fully intended to use the Phoenix's power either way. It just ended up not quite the way he expected, allowing him to make use of it more directly. He still actively CHOSE to allow the Phoenix Force contact with Earth, and then rather than thinking about the consequences and trying to rid himself of the Phoenix Force, chose to use it's power to change the world.

#26 Edited by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Emma Frost.

I wager that you are wrong on this. Because there are some big titles not mentioned yet, one that she will be a star of I'm guessing. Watch.

But Professor X is dead. He lost the most. Considering Hickman fought to keep him alive and wanted him for NEW Avengers.

#27 Posted by Rickbarry (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd venture on Wolverine. What doesn't hurt his feelings now? His feelings were hurt when he was going to kill Hope. Then his feelings got hurt when someone killed the Professor. Then he hurt the feelings of hundreds of others with all the peoples he's killed.

I hate you, Wolverine.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@Vance Astro said:

New Avengers started just before Civil War and i'm fairly certain the masses still didn't know who the Avengers were. Now with the film and a recent cartoon series and several events, I think more than just people who read comics know who the Avengers are.
#29 Posted by poisonfleur (3129 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

>_<

That post makes me want to cry.. What a harsh reality..

@McKlayn said:

I agree on this. Marvel really, really, really, wanted to downplay the X-men in any way shape or form in order to make the Avengers look good.

Even if that comes to:

1) splitting the X-men and making half of the villains.

2) Putting lots of mutants and X-men on the Avengers team.

3) and making Scott and the X-men the bad guys unless they join the Avengers.

Total uppercut to face to all X-men fans....

#30 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa: One ? That's cute, really.

#31 Posted by Umbraa (912 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@Umbraa: One ? That's cute, really.

Well she is a part of All-New X-men, she will show up in that book. But Lowe said there was a book that he is most excited for that has not been announced yet. I'd wager that's the book with Emma, Magneto, Magik and Scott, etc coming the AvX nonsense.

#32 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Umbraa: Lol. I 'forgot' her only saving grace is some sort of role in a Bendis-written title, because Scott's there, no less. Yes, a fate worse than death.

Even if she is in this title, point is, she'll only be there because Cyclops has something to do wit it.

#33 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@John Valentine said:

@Vance Astro said:

New Avengers started just before Civil War and i'm fairly certain the masses still didn't know who the Avengers were. Now with the film and a recent cartoon series and several events, I think more than just people who read comics know who the Avengers are.

And what about House of M? The book had been going for the best part of two years by Civil War. Sure, it's probably more popular now, but it's been pretty damn popular for a long time (over eight years).

#34 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Was there a time where the mutants weren't looked at as the main enemy by the humans because I remember otherwise. Also here to say how much I hate the depiction of normal humans in the MU when it comes to humans.

#35 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

us, poor fans

#36 Edited by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

And what about House of M? The book had been going for the best part of two years by Civil War. Sure, it's probably more popular now, but it's been pretty damn popular for a long time (over eight years).

What about it? Like most events it involved both the Avengers and the X-Men and although Scarlet Witch was an Avenger, it had more to do with mutants and the  X-Men than anything. When New Avengers first started the Avengers weren't getting anywhere near the level of exposure their getting now. It was just a regular solo comicbook series like anything else.
#37 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio
@McKlayn said:

I agree but you forgot Captain America while he turned himself in at the end of Civil War he was killed shortly after and never faced the consequences of because when he came back all was forgiven. Similarly when Iron Man was at the helm of SHIELD the Skrull invasion happened right under his nose and what happened, he erased his memory and was forced back to a later 'save' point in his memories and he also went into a coma. He wakes up and all is forgiven. So why is Cyclops have the screws put to him, cause he is a mutant. We see in AvX Consequences #1 he is put in an private prison at an undisclosed location created to handle an influx of new mutant prisoners that could become inconvinent for the government in the future. 

Avengers have been stealing from X-Men history for some time and this latest 'unity' between Avengers and X-Men is all part of some grand design to make the Avengers look better but Marvel dosent seem to realise or care that they are diminishing their best franchise the X-Men all becaue of movie rights. Its like they are poisioning the well or enacting a scorched earth policy so FOX will get no new X-Men material in the future.

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Emma Frost.

Sadly I agree with this. I wonder what they're going to do with her. I mean she hasn't even been seen yet except for her little cameo where DareDevil knocked her over the head -____-. She was mentioned though as being captured. Ugh. I hate how the Avengers are holding her - what are the reasons!? Cause she didn't agree with them? BS. Pure BS. I want to see some Hellfire Club Emma after this event.

Emma Frost is a great character and I like her and Cyclops together but over the last few years she has gotten virtually no new creative direction and has become an apendage to Cyclops within the X-Men rather than the strong character she is. This is not the fault of AvX but the collective X-Men creative over the last few years that made everything about Cyclops and Wolverine in the run up to Schism, the outcome of which was made meaningless by Avengers vs X-Men. I have said this before and I still agree Emms Needs to rediscover her inner bitch, because withing the X-Men she is at her best when she is 
cold and and uncaring, at least at first glance.
#38 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

Was there a time where the mutants weren't looked at as the main enemy by the humans because I remember otherwise. Also here to say how much I hate the depiction of normal humans in the MU when it comes to humans.

For a while now Mutants have not been the number one threat for the majority of humans. I mean - before house of M they had schools and sure some stuff went down but you didn't really hear about so much mutant mayhem. And also, after House of M they were hated by individuals not the whole human community - I just think after Cyclops' destruction they're back to number one on the most hated and feared list.

#39 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

For a while now Mutants have not been the number one threat for the majority of humans. I mean - before house of M they had schools and sure some stuff went down but you didn't really hear about so much mutant mayhem. And also, after House of M they were hated by individuals not the whole human community - I just think after Cyclops' destruction they're back to number one on the most hated and feared list.

I enjoy the X-Men when they are hated and feared. The books are better this way. Also, Cyclops was affected the most. Despite him doing everything right (mostly), the Avengers still took him down, because they were afraid to let mutants handle things, and didn't want to lose their status as rulers of the world.

#40 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

In general the mutant community. Character specifics it's obvious the P5 and the primary focus of Scott and Emma.

#41 Posted by Lapsus (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Black Panther actually seems really pissed off with Namor.

They are going to war after all.

But the first place is for Scott, Kills his mentor and lost trust of mutant community.

#42 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

#43 Posted by KarachiRiot (18 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

True, but Mutants are making a come back. Cyclops made sure of that. The AvX series did reek of Marvel playing favourites with the Avengers, seeing as it's their new cash cow.

Fans probably suffered the most.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.