Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

who deserves to be x-men leadering lady

• 180 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

leadering lady means the main female in x-men comics the one that usually in very team and most stories

here is the contenders

1 storm

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

2 Jean Grey
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

3 Rogue
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption

4 Psylocke
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

5 Emma
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption

caption
    caption

6 kitty
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

7 polaris
    caption
    caption
    caption
    caption

caption
    caption

9 Sage
    caption
    caption

10 Rachel
    caption
    caption

Please explain your answers why any of these deserve to be x-men leadering lady

X-men leadering men to come.
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IcePrince_X

It has to be Jean Grey the first and original female member of the X-Men

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Iron Maiden

storm is always gonna be my girl.

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Jaadu

Even though I LOVE JUBILEE AND PSYLOCKE, i have to go with STORM!

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By iSHADOW

i think jean was pretty good at leadering

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6  Edited By No_Name_
    caption
    caption
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine

Rogue, Rachel Grey or Polaris.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized

Emma

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jaadu

I think STORM

caption
    caption

but if Jean did come back alive i would chose her too.......

caption
    caption

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iSHADOW
    pixelized said:
    "Emma"
    thats a shocker. i think you type the name "emma" more than you type the words "a" or "the"
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

I'm sorry but you can't really give a prominent role to someone who has been absent for five years..... that's like giving a promotion to someone who has been on long term sick leave.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized

who drew that pic of storm that jaadu posted?

Jaadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jaadu

i wanna know to lol i got it from this website, but i like the drawing of storm :P

pixelized
    said:

"who drew that pic of storm that jaadu posted?"
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "who drew that pic of storm that jaadu posted?"
    It's from that new series featuring Storm: called worlds apart.... I'll find the artist for you.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

you don't have to John, i'm still trying to decide whether or not i like it

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine

It's by J.Scott Campbell..... I think it's too nineties...

Iron Maiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Iron Maiden

Storm is the most stable of all the X-Women. She was the leader of the gold team. And if you sleep on her she could fry you from long range.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pixelized
    John Valentine said:
    "It's by J.Scott Campbell..... I think it's too nineties..."
    maybe it's the face but it looks very "pin up"
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "It's by J.Scott Campbell..... I think it's too nineties..."
    maybe it's the face but it looks very "pin up""
    Meh... I just don't like the style... it's too cartoony.
    Avatar image for man_without_fear
    Man Without Fear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Man Without Fear

How about the girl who is already leading .Emma Frost.

If not Emma than Storm...
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By time1

personnally i don't think emma good enough to be x-men leadering lady there are others better than her.

I have three choices that could  be x-men leadering lady

1 Jean Grey, jean is one of most powerful x-men characters, she was x-men first leadering lady, so she should be again and i love the love traingle between scott, jean and logan, there also would be another one with emma, scott and jean if she was back in the comics and everyone loves  redhead.
    2 Storm, i think storm is a great leader,she good leader with the gold team and x-treme x-men, she has a great powers and she great surirval instinct like wolverine, she nevers gives up. Also she can  fight hand to hand combant which is always an advantage. 
    3 Rogue, i also like rogue, she one of my  faverite characters, she should be x-men leadering leader, cause she has been before and that was in age of aocalypse after magneto was kidnapped, she was brillant. also we would have enough relationship to explore if gambit was with the x-men, instead of just emma and scott.

psylocke, i don't really see psylocke as a leader, she is really good character, she like colossus of x-men really good and interesting but psylocke should still be in the x-men teams and comics just as another x-men woman

sage, jubilee, kitty, polaris i don't see any of these as x-men leadering lady maybe x-men member but not leadering x-men woman.

not really fan of rachel, i don't see her at all 

back to emma i don't  think she should be x-men leadering lady at all, she should be in  x-men team but not the main lady. now its' just boring we only really see her.  

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine
    time said:
    "personnally i don't think emma good enough to be x-men leadering lady there are others better than her.

1 Jean Grey, jean is one of most powerful x-men characters, she was x-men first leadering lady, so she should be again and i love the love traingle between scott, jean and logan, there also would be another one with emma, scott and jean if she was back in the comics and everyone loves  redhead.
    2 Storm, i think storm is a great leader,she good leader with the gold team and x-treme x-men, she has a great powers and she great surirval instinct like wolverine, she nevers gives up. Also she can  fight hand to hand combant which is always an advantage. 
    3 Rogue, i also like rogue, she one of my  faverite characters, she should be x-men leadering leader, cause she has been before and that was in age of aocalypse after magneto was kidnapped, she was brillant. also we would have enough relationship to explore if gambit was with the x-men, instead of just emma and scott.

psylocke, i don't really see psylocke as a leader, she is really good character, she like colossus of x-men really good and interesting but psylocke should still be in the x-men teams and comics just as another x-men woman

sage, jubilee, kitty, polaris i don't see any of these as x-men leadering lady maybe x-men member but not leadering x-men woman.

back to emma i don't  think she should be x-men leadering lady at all, she should be in  x-men team but not the main lady. now its' just boring we only really see her.  
          "
    time said:
    "personnally i don't think emma good enough to be x-men leadering lady there are others better than her.

"
    Your vendetta against Emma is founded purely on your bias for Jean Grey, your favorite character.
    Moreover, at the moment she is the only real option for the X-Men's leading lady:

• Rachel and Polaris are in Shi'ar Space: with the former being hunted by the Shi'ar Army, Death Commandos and the Imperial Gaurd and the latter being tortured by Vulcan.
    • Psylocke and Sage are with New Exiles.
    • Kitty is hurtling through space inside a giant bullet.
    • Rogue is MIA, and has been since the end of Messiah Complex.
    • Jean Grey isn't on this plane of existence: she's gathering the Phoenix Force in the White Hot Room.
    • Jubilee is no loner a mutant.

Now, the only viable options left are Dazzler, several female New X-Men and Storm. Now, Dazzler, and New X-Men characters (such as Dust, Mercury, Pixie, Surge and X-23) are not experienced enough to become proper X-leaders (Surge, Dust or Mercury could lead a New X-Men squad or something but not the whole roost).

Storm is not really an option either, as she is married to Black Panther and is Queen of Wakanda........

Now from the direct X-Men characters (excluding those involved in X-Factor and X-Force)... Emma is the only strong option, plus she is romantically linked to the X-Men's leading Man.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By time1

first of all john x-men writers always find way to return x-men characters, they have done before and they can do it again. psylocke and rogue with the  new exiles which is a  joke, new exiles is a joke. 

I think what the x-men writers  done is they gone though and show us an excuse to get rid of majority of the main x-men ladies, so emma could only be focus on , she only  the main lady cause she is with scott. if wasn't she would be that interesting, people  wouldn't  be that focus on her.

your bias against jean grey that why you always go for emma

x-men writers are seriously lacking in x-men leadering females, the only female lady that have is emma which is dicusting.

by the way my faverite x-woman is rogue ok , i just think jean is just better than emma.

why choose dazzler when there are better x- woman out there.

storm should be back, marrying black panther was excuse  for including her in  less in x-men comics.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By John Valentine
    time said:
    "

first of all john x-men writers always find way to return x-men characters, they have done before and they can do it again. psylocke and rogue with the  new exiles which is a  joke, new exiles is a joke. 

I think what the x-men writers  done is they gone though and show us an excuse to get rid of majority of the main x-men ladies, so emma could only be focus on , she only  the main lady cause she is with scott. if wasn't she would be that interesting, people  wouldn't  be that focus on her.

your bias against jean grey that why you always go for emma

x-men writers are seriously lacking in x-men leadering females, the only female lady that have is emma which is dicusting.

by the way my faverite x-woman is rogue ok , i just think jean is just better than emma.

why choose dazzler when there are better x- woman out there.

storm should be back, marrying black panther was excuse  for including her in  less in x-men comics.

"
    Firstly, I am not "bias" towards Emma (it would actually be "biased" if I was), as I can justify why she is a better character than Jean, and why she should be in X-comics.
    Rogue is also my favorite X-Woman (with Polaris second)and I would very much like to have her back, but unfortunately we will no be able to have her back for some time.

New Exiles is rubbish, but the Rogue in New Exiles is not the 616 rogue and both Psylocke and Sage were recently back in the 616 universe with 'Die By the Sword'. Hopefully the latter two will return to the 616 reality when/ if New Exiles is cancelled.

Emma is primarily important for her relationship with Scott, but as was Jean.
    Actually Storm is back and in two X-Men books....

I also feel that there are too few interesting X-ladies but there is no point complaining because eventually they'll return: it's comics. Dazzler, along with Magma, is an option because she's female and a mutant.....
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By time1

jean had her powers and also her relationship with both logan and charles, emma only got her attitiude, storm may be back but she not in last issue of uncanny x-men. i would agree with you when it comes to magma i would like to see her again. i don't hate emma i just don't like being the only x-men lead.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By John Valentine

You mentioned that Emma is insensitive.... for a leader that is a good thing: she is willing to do the right thing and not let her emotions cloud her judgement....

Her powers are good also, with her Telepathy and Diamond form.

Storm has been in the X-Universe a lot in the last year (She even lead a team during the eXtremists arc in Uncanny), as well as being in Messiah Complex: she is permanently featured in little mini-series as well (like Divided we Stand)...... she has one coming up... plus she's a permanent fixture in Astonishing (and Uncanny for that matter: you cannot expect every character to be in every issue).
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pixelized
    time said:
    "jean had her powers and also her relationship with both logan and charles, emma only got her attitiude"
    Translation = Jean only has sex and the phoenix, Emma only has her personality
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "time said:
    "jean had her powers and also her relationship with both logan and charles, emma only got her attitiude"
    "
    LOL.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I vote for Emma too, she's the only one with decent leadership skills, plus she's bitchy enough to back it up.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iSHADOW
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "time said:
    "
    LOL."
    what personality?
    this is all any writer needs to keep in minda about emma if theyre gonna use her in a story.
    "im so glamorous, im a slut, i think everyones beneath me cause im blue blood anglo"
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

caption
    caption
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By No_Name_
    iSHADOW said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "time said:
    "
    LOL."
    what personality?
    this is all any writer needs to keep in minda about emma if theyre gonna use her in a story.
    "im so glamorous, im a slut, i think everyones beneath me cause im blue blood anglo""
    =]
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By John Valentine
    fesak said:
    "I vote for Emma too, she's the only one with decent leadership skills, plus she's bitchy enough to back it up."
    She's no a bitch, she's a realist :P.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pixelized
    TheDrifter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    The thread is leading "lady"
    he doesn't count
    [=
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By No_Name_
    pixelized said:
    "TheDrifter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    The thread is leading "lady"
    he doesn't count
    [=
    "
    LMFAO I love you.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

pixelized said:
    "The thread is leading "lady"
    he doesn't count
    [=
    "
    Oh........

Well, We should rule out Emma too then :P
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pixelized
    iSHADOW said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "time said:
    "
    LOL."
    what personality?
    "im so glamorous, im a slut, i think everyones beneath me cause im blue blood anglo""
    and jean's is?????
    "i love scott, i love scott, i love scott, oops phoenix is coming, i  love scott, i love scott"
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iSHADOW
    pixelized said:
    "iSHADOW said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "time said:
    "
    LOL."
    what personality?
    and jean's is?????
    "i love scott, i love scott, i love scott, oops phoenix is coming, i  love scott, i love scott"
    "

i wasnt supporting jean either, she needs to stay dead and the x-men should leave the leading to the ones that are meant to, the x-MEN.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By time1

emma as the only leadering lady that's just poor, no wonder why comics is not that great today  

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    time said:
    "

no wonder why comics is not that great today  

"
    Tell that to Marvel's bank.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By time1

no thanks i prefer to tell here who your faverite x-men characters vance astro

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Yea so..any mutant female who could fill that spot and take over for Emma is pre-occupied with their own problems and their own life.The leading Lady is most likely going to be Scott's wife or girlfriend so...unless Scott leaves Emma which I don't see happening because of her popularity and storyline,then we aren't getting a new leading lady for a while.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By time1

i want rogue, psylocke and storm back and of course jean

cylops is always the focus in x-men comics, have you notice that

i missed the 90's or even x-treme x-men and new x-men with scott, jean, emma, beast and logan

we had a  variety of characters then and now in x-men we don't

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By Erik

Emma is fine. I have said it before but Emma compliments Scott very well. He is the leader, so she should be the "leading lady". As far as leadership goes, I would have to say that Storm was the absolute best female leader the X-Men had. Rogue and Jean have both shown to be capable leaders as well. Emma has her own style of leadership. It is less than traditional and she is not well liked even by her peers, but she is very good at leading in her way.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    time said:
    "

i want rogue, psylocke and storm back and of course jean

cylops is always the focus in x-men comics, have you notice that

i missed the 90's or even x-treme x-men and new x-men with scott, jean, emma, beast and logan

we had a  variety of characters then and now in x-men we don't

"
    Actually Cyclops isn't always the focus in X-men.Maybe they are trying now currently to gain him some popularity because he's never been a fan favorite.
    Wolverine was always usually the focus..that's why they gave him his own comic.

X-Treme was obviously the best but HoM changed alot.

Blame Wanda.
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By time1

wolverine never dated two x-men ladies at the same time

someone says that emma is good leader, i can't remember  who, they said she was good cause she puts her view across and never let her emotions cloud her judgement, that maybe truth but emma is also selfish, she only out for herslf otherwise she wouldn't of got involved with scott when he was with jean.Was that the best thing for the team.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By pixelized

Emma

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    time said:
    "wolverine never dated two x-men ladies at the same time

someone says that emma is good leader, i can't remember  who, they said she was good cause she puts her view across and never let her emotions cloud her judgement, that maybe truth but emma is also selfish, she only out for herslf otherwise she wouldn't of got involved with scott when he was with jean.Was that the best thing for the team."
    So? Wolverine is a faithful dude.
    Emma isn't a great leader but she's good enough it's not like she is in charge of every X-team or something.Getting involved with Cyclops has nothing to do with her being selfish.It takes two to have an affair.Jean and Scott being together wasn't the best for the team..Jean didn't so sh#t.Then she became the Phoenix and they had to have all those boring drawn out fights with her....LAME!
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pixelized

Illyana Rasputin

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By John Valentine

X-Treme was good but since then Claremont has become lame....

... Ilyana should remin in Limbo.

Also I say:

Polaris.
    Emma.
    Rachel Grey.
    Rogue.
    Mercury.
    Surge.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.