Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who could Angel defeat?

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

He's always been one of my favourite Marvel characters but I realise he isn't particularly powerful in feather form. Which super villains or heroes do you think he could defeat in battle? And I'm not talking about metal winged Archangel, this is feathered Warren.

a0040pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Maybe Avalanche since like in the Pokémon games. Ground attacks do not affect flying types.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Umm......like in a fight?

I mean he's rich and has lawyers so....He could beat them with a lawsuit.

idk did that with the lobster head have any powers? Cuz he could probably beat him if he didnt....unless he had birdseed

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: I get the impression you don't take Angel all that seriously :)

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

an actual bird. Not the fierce kind. A pigeon.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DarkDay

Considering his wings can break bones, he's fast enough to give most combatants trouble keeping up, and that he is enhanced physically... a lot of people. He has just come to rely on the metal wings for combat and he doesn't use weapons and training when he probably should.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredcdobbs

He attacked and destroyed a lot of Hydra in an issue of All new X-Men, tho past Angel was there to. Don't think he was using his metal wings. I think he's more powerful and capable than people think.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs: no....no I do not. If he pulls out the metal wings like he has now sure....but feather doesn't inspire confidence.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredcdobbs

@koays: to be honest I'm not sure why I like him so much. Obviously his power set is very limited as Angel. Think it has something to do with his classic blue and white halo costume (which I always thought was cool). Also I like redemptive characters and feel for him with what' he's gone through with Apocalypse.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredcdobbs: He has defeated Red Raven, and could hold his own against other flying characters like Sauron. I imagine he could really defeat any villain that doesn't have a degree of durability by punching them

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By frozenedge2

Considering nobody has actually expanded on what his current powerset (last I remember he created some kind of energy sword to fight Silver Samurai, blew up part of War Machine's armor with an energy blast) he could probably take out a few street level characterss. Both his metal and feathered wings are pretty dangerous though

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge: I've never heard of tenses energy powers, I understand they feel that just having wings can seem weak or boring but it's up to the writers to have him perform in exciting and interesting ways.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Koays

@fredcdobbs: Idk, i really liked him when he was blue and could heal people, but he sort of disappeared without explanation not long after that. He's a good character that's horribly under used(especially right now), but idk if i can see him go toe to toe with even most of his own team members and come out ahead.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess people with only human durability he could rush them before they can react.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've never really cared for Warren except as Archangel. I dont know who he could beat though

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He could probably take out Daredevil and Moon Knight.

Pikachunicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pikachunicorn

Okay, so Warren is a very important character to me. He's my second favourite fictional character ever (after Cyclops). Recently, I started RPing him (All New X-Men version) and that means dropping him into a lot of situations he wouldn't be in in canon (fighting Daken at one point (that didn't go well at all)). Honestly, his speed is probably his best asset. If he can use his speed to take an opponent by surprise, he can hit them with his wings (which can shatter bone) to knock them down and wound them. His flight also allows him the evasive edge.
    He's also a skilled fighter, as are most of the X-Men, so that gives the edge up on 'normal' people.

Plus, he's gorgeous. So, any girls or gay guys would just faint if he flashed them his perfect, rich boy smile. :') #WorthingtonCharm xD

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladewolf: agree on Daredevil but not sure about Moonknight.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@fredcdobbs: Yeah they just popped up in an issue where he was looking for Shark-Girl and I remember them showing up in AvX.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah he's pretty much useless in combat but hey he has like the best quote ever in TAS:

I'll follow him to the end of the earth, through perdition's fire,until he breathes blood and rolls over, split, broken, finished!

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

Considering his wings can break bones, he's fast enough to give most combatants trouble keeping up, and that he is enhanced physically... a lot of people. He has just come to rely on the metal wings for combat and he doesn't use weapons and training when he probably should.

Add to that the fact that he could descend on someone like a hunting bird, and use the energy generated by his acceleration/deceleration and gravity to swoop down on an enemy and break their bones - technically he would be able to generate as much or more kinetic energy as displayed by energy blasters, depending on how he dives unto an opponent in that way. He's often under-utilized in favor of his expanded Angel of Death powerset, but he's pretty lethal if used right. Most writers simply don't put him in situations that really allow him to shine.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was the energy blast that hit war machine his or it was an attack by rachel? the energy signature was rachel-like and angel didnt know he can do energy blasts. But it would be really good it he had energy blasts and a more durable body as an addition to his powerset

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

They should improve his powers also in feathered form. Maybe some sonic-based powers or they should just improve his healing powers(like a real Angel, you know).

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: I don't think they need to give him more powers, just use him in situations that utilise the ones he already has.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkDay

@phoenixofthetides said:

@darkday said:

Add to that the fact that he could descend on someone like a hunting bird, and use the energy generated by his acceleration/deceleration and gravity to swoop down on an enemy and break their bones - technically he would be able to generate as much or more kinetic energy as displayed by energy blasters, depending on how he dives unto an opponent in that way. He's often under-utilized in favor of his expanded Angel of Death powerset, but he's pretty lethal if used right. Most writers simply don't put him in situations that really allow him to shine.

Agreed. That is something I've never got about Angel, why he doesn't do more to take advantage of his physical abilities. Someone like Beast isn't particularly more dangerous than him or even Nightcrawler if I'm being super honest. I like both of those characters but the only edge they really have physically on Angel is that they don't need to stay in the air to keep their agility and Beast is physically stronger.

As a whole I feel like most purely physical X-Men that aren't named Wolverine don't get enough love and giving them a higher level of martial skill would be in line with comics logic and probably make them more appealing as characters. Or at least that's my opinion on it.

Fredcdobbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Angel could defeat beast and Kurt to be honest.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought Angel was a useless x m. All he has is wings to to fly. I thought he was better as archangel (he is more useful).

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

I always thought Angel was a useless x m. All he has is wings to to fly. I thought he was better as archangel (he is more useful).

This...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.