Who are you rooting for?

• 59 results
#1 Edited by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

I have just finish reading Avengers Sanction, Avengers vs X-Men 1 & 2 and Wolverine and The X-Men 9. So far I'm not enjoying the stories. At first I like how cable took down the Avengers, in Avengers Sanction, but I find myself truly disgusted with the way the story ended. Cyclops save the Avengers and let them beat Cable to death. Now it seems that Cable was right in the first place, the Avengers are going after Hope and now Cyclops has protecting Hope.

Avengers vs X-Men chapters was OK, although the art is horrible in it. After reading Wolverine and The X-Men, I realise marvel have no clue what there doing. Why would Wolverine betray X-Men, there his family, the people he cares for the most. He doing to protect his students, what about the students on Utopia. He completely in the wrong. I'm glad to hear that both Beast and Storm are making the right choices. Beast team up with the Avengers to stop the Phoenix and Storm is ticking by Cyclops and X-Men, where she belongs.

I am just curious to know, who you are rooting for?. Who do you think is right and Who do you want to win?.

Are you rooting for:

Cyclops and the X-Men

Captain America and the Avengers

Wolverine

Or Hope

I am rooting for the X-Men, cause I don't like the Avengers. I hope the X-Men will win. However I am not rooting for Cyclops. I think Cyclops is being a naive . Thinking the Phoenix will save the mutant race, he is placing all his hope, on Hope and she only a child. Since when has the Phoenix Force, gone out of it's way to save the mutant race or the X-men. The only time it help the X-Men, is when Jean Grey has had control of it. Which has taken her years to do and thinking Hope will have better control of the Phoenix is just being naive, she a child and not as powerful as Jean Grey.

I also think Cyclops has made so many questionable decisions over the last couples years. He mistreated Jean Grey, kick Charles Xavier out of the X-Men, use X-23 and he didn't mind sending young mutants to there deaths. He let Norman Osborn and his army hunt down mutants and torture them, including Beast and Charles. The most disgusting thing I have seen Cyclops do, is let The Avengers beat the crap out of Cable, nearly killing him as well. Betraying his own son, disgusting.

Cyclops has gone to far and needs to put his in place, I want someone beat the crap out of him, he deserves it. If the Avengers can't do it, I hope it will be Magneto or Jean Grey sometime in the future. I would love for it to be Wolverine.You know what, I would like Emma and Storm to step up and take lead of the X-Men in this event.

I am not rooting for Captain America and the Avengers, because I'm not a fan of the Avengers, there a made up team, that steal superheros from other teams and other titles. There only one character that like from the Avengers and that is Captain America and I don't agree with his actions. Going to Utopia with Army and demanding Cyclops to hand over Hope, is just wrong and it's inviting a war. Who says the Avengers will handle Hope and the Phoenix a lot better than the X-Men will.

I'm not rooting for Wolverine, I think he is wrong, betraying the X-Men, betraying his family. Trying protecting his students, and siding with the Avengers, is compeletly out of character. If Hope didn't take out the younger students, he would off. It's so wrong and I would be very surprise if he remains headmaster of the Jean Grey institute after this event, cause he deosn't deserve it. Marvel really making him out to be the bad guy in this.

I am rooting for Hope in the end. I hope she gains control of the Pheonix and puts a stop to this war. Putting both Cyclops and The Avengers in there place. They have no right to decide her fate, it's her choice, not theirs. There have been so many questions about Hope over the years, who she really is and I hope in this event will answer all those questions. I'm rooting for Hope, because of Cable, he put so much heart and passion in to protecting her and raising her, I hope he right. I hope she saviour of the mutant race. I do feel bad for Bishop, for marvel destroying his character, but that's what marvel do, they ruin good characters. I look forward to Bishop return.

I think marvel will favour the Avengers over the X-Men, which I think is wrong, cause Hope mutant and it's X-Men right to help her and protect her. I hope after this event, they will return Jean grey and have Charles Xavier play a large role in X-Men comics again. I think it what X-Men need cause, with Cyclops and Wolverine in charge it will get a lot worse, before it get better.

I would like to know who you are rooting for. Who do you think is right and Who do you want to win. What do you think the outcome would be after this event. Will the X-Men stay friends with the Avengers after this event and where will Wolverine stand after this, will the X-Men still trust him after this?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men. Straight down.

#3 Posted by Markall (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and the X-Men

#4 Posted by BewilderingBeing (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Cyclops and the X-men.. I grow tired of Wolverine and his self-righteousness. While it is true there is a level of Naivete thinking Phoenix will save the Mutant race, I find it highly hypocritical that Wolverine's only solution is to kill Hope. Anything that is too powerful his solution is to kill. There is no stopping the Phoenix. If it wants hope it is going to have her. Even if he does kill Hope he should know that it can bring her back from death anyway. All it does is show his true colors. Rachel Summers also was an avatar for the Phoenix and i don't recall her going crazy or killing everyone did she?

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (21 posts) - - Show Bio

The Underground Railroad.

#6 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, i'm sure posting this in the X-Men section is going to give you non-biased answers haha

#7 Posted by cattlebattle (13347 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm rooting for this horrible crossover to end

/trolling

#8 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers. Cyclops' X-Men have lost the vision of the X-Men and their leader is driving them into the ground with one stupid decision after the other. The guy's really losing it.

The Avengers could have been lost hostile about things, but they're looking to save Earth, not rebirth a "species."

And I'm not sure about Wolverine, but I don't agree with your points at all.

#9 Edited by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Cyclops and the X-Men.

I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were ready to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book when he was

Bastard! Haha. Anyway TEAM CYCLOPS & THE X-MEN

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops is a dilusional psycho for thinking the PF is going to save the mutant race.

Wolverine has been and will always be a sociopath

The Avengers I agree with morally in wanting to contain "Wolverine is the only one who wants to kill" Hope

Hope is crazy with PF though I'm sure we are gonna have her and Wanda meet half way

#11 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were ready to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book when he was

Right. A woman who almost, but didn't, "wipe out" an entire "species" is just as dangerous than a force that is wiping out all life in the galaxy as we know it.

#12 Edited by IllyanaRasputin (1095 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: I'm pretty sure no one knows how much potential Hope has to control the Phoenix Force, the Avengers are just jumping to conclusions that she'll fail as a host and then it'll destroy the world... Like I posted before, " I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her." BUT I don't think that they have the right to keep held up prisoner. And as much as you'd think Cyclops is reckless he's doing it to benefit his species and himself, because where were the Avengers when their school was attacked and dozens of children were murdered! Lol, all I'm saying is Hope as the Phoenix can be just as dangerous as the Scarlet Witch, but unlike Wanda maybe Hope wont get hit with the crazies and kill a handful of people! :P

#13 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were reading to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book when he was I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were reading to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book

This is why Logan tried to kill her. He promised her that if she got like that, he would end her.
#14 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin: Re-birthing a "species" isn't worth the risk of everyone on Earth dying, let alone the deaths of all the planets the Phoenix Force has hit on the way to Earth.

#15 Posted by thatlad (584 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with the X-Men, Cap has gone about this the wrong way and has actually represented every horrible stereotype the wider world thinks about America. Going to a small country and making demands, claiming to know what is best, when refused they invade and destroy the place. Arrogance and violence.

#16 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatlad: They weren't simply refused, they were attacked. If Cap had come to Utopia, a small, armed nation in U.S. territory(;, with a nice fruit basket and catered to Cyclops' every whim, Cyclops would've still attacked him. He's childish and very delusional, having him in a position of power is a terrible and dangerous idea at this point.

" As soon as we get a messiah of our own, they want to swoop in and take her away." Really? Come on. The fate of every on the planet, hell possibly the galaxy, is on the line. Get over your roll-on deodorant looking self.

#17 Posted by aerokinesis (529 posts) - - Show Bio

team storm ftw

#18 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio

x-men..although im an avengers fan i think they are going about the whole situation totally wrong...you can't just show up on their island and make demands.i mean cyclops doesn't know for sure if she will save mutant kind or not. the whole thing is controversal. From bishop's future she brings about certain destruction and a dark future. But cable believes she's a messiah and will bring mutankind back from the brink of extinction. The avengers just think the phoenix force is gonna blow up the earth, which is really...well..stupid. At least give it a shot instead of making demands on unproved theories

#19 Posted by jubilee042 (1345 posts) - - Show Bio

The Jean Grey Schools and Utopian X-men

#20 Posted by jhazzroucher (16502 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men for the win with Cyclops crippled. : )

#21 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want either to win. I want both teams to get a good, firm beating to the ground with characters sidelined on both sides. We need another Mutant Massacre that will stop the current trend of heroes being written to be so overpowered that no enemy can conceivably stand against them with the smarter villains joining the heroes for lack of anything better to do. Get rid of Cyclops and Wolverine for a while to give new leaders time to mature and grow.

I want the Phoenix Force to do a flyby, have Jean wave and say she's just there to see friends and then get a nice splash page showing her looking at a field of beaten and broken heroes that idiotically jumped to conclusions.

I'd prefer if the Future Foundation, who has dealt with Celestials and worse threats then random thugs who punch things hard, to pop in, tell both groups that they figured out that Jean was coming to say hello but couldn't get a word in edgewise with all the fighting going on.

#22 Posted by jhazzroucher (16502 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I don't want either to win. I want both teams to get a good, firm beating to the ground with characters sidelined on both sides. We need another Mutant Massacre that will stop the current trend of heroes being written to be so overpowered that no enemy can conceivably stand against them with the smarter villains joining the heroes for lack of anything better to do. Get rid of Cyclops and Wolverine for a while to give new leaders time to mature and grow.

I want the Phoenix Force to do a flyby, have Jean wave and say she's just there to see friends and then get a nice splash page showing her looking at a field of beaten and broken heroes that idiotically jumped to conclusions.

I'd prefer if the Future Foundation, who has dealt with Celestials and worse threats then random thugs who punch things hard, to pop in, tell both groups that they figured out that Jean was coming to say hello but couldn't get a word in edgewise with all the fighting going on.

I miss Jean Grey very much. She needs to return

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were reading to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book when he was I really can't stand Captain America and the Avengers. I understand the situation and I understand that they want to hold Hope accountable for because the Phoenix is coming for her. But she's as big as a threat as the Scarlet Witch ever was. She almost whipped out an entire species, yet the Avengers were reading to fight the X-Men when they wanted to take her into their custody. But, nor here nor there. Wolverine showed his true colours at the end of the 2nd book

This is why Logan tried to kill her. He promised her that if she got like that, he would end her.

I'd forgotten about this issue.

#24 Edited by Daycrawler (547 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm undecided. Avengers are currently acting like self-righteous, bullying idiots, but they have the most sensible/unselfish approach to the problem (out of the two sides that is). X-Men, well mainly Cyclops, are being incredibly reckless and selfish for reasons borne out of frustration and desperation, but it's about time they were respected a bit more and caught a break. BTW, by 'respected' I don't mean Caps version of the word which translates into "have nothing to do with the X-Men until the Avengers have a vested interest". Basically, at the moment, my head says Avengers but my heart says X-Men.

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Daycrawler said:

I'm undecided. Avengers are currently acting like self-righteous, bullying idiots, but they have the most sensible/unselfish approach to the problem (out of the two sides that is). X-Men, well mainly Cyclops, are being incredibly reckless and selfish for reasons borne out of frustration and desperation, but it's about time they were respected a bit more and caught a break. BTW, by 'respected' I don't mean Caps version of the word which translates into "have nothing to do with the X-Men until the Avengers have a vested interest". Basically, at the moment, my head says Avengers but my heart says X-Men.

I agree with this statement.

In all honesty, Beast and Wolverine have the most valid anti-Phoenix viewpoint. They've met the Phoenix before, they were there during the Dark Phoenix Saga, they know the destruction it can cause.

Captain America and his rag-tag team of A-listers should just disappear. Although I appreciate basis behind their standing, I would love nothing more than the X-Men to annihilate them.

#26 Posted by homeslice (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap is my favourite avenger, Cyke is my favourite X-man and I don't like Wolverine. The way I see it, either if not both of the leaders will be much worse off at the end of this. Whoever wins of the 2 teams I think the only winner will be Logan.

#27 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@homeslice: Knowing Marvel, they will make Wolverine come out of this like the bigger man, being one of the poster child of Marvel and all.

#28 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

@homeslice: Knowing Marvel, they will make Wolverine come out of this like the bigger man, being one of the poster child of Marvel and all.

That is my prediction, as well. I'd really like for some 3rd party to come in but the whole event seems set up to make it look like Wolverine is the only one doing what Hope wanted and allowing her to be free. I really miss the original Wolverine and am not liking this PosterChildVerine that can do no wrong.

#29 Edited by time (5172 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there making Wolverine out to be the good guy in this, he clearly in the wrong, you know betraying his own kind and is willing to kill a young girl, even if she wanted him to. They turn Cyclops into dick over the last couple of years and in this story he being naive. Thinking the Phoenix is here to help the mutant race. Clearly something not working in the X-Men any more. The X-Men are divided, because of Cyclops and Wolverine. I think new leadership is needed. Return Jean Grey, where hell she is? I think Charles, Storm and Jean Grey, need to take over leadership of the X-Men. They will run the X-Men a whole a lot better than Cyclops and Wolverine.

#30 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I don't think there making Wolverine out to be the good guy in this, he clearly in the wrong, you know betraying his own kind and is willing to kill a young girl, even if she wanted him to. They turn Cyclops into dick over the last couple of years and in this story he being naive. Thinking the Phoenix is here to help the mutant race. Clearly something not working in the X-Men any more. The X-Men are divided, because of Cyclops and Wolverine. I think new leadership is needed. Return Jean Grey, where hell she is? I think Charles, Storm and Jean Grey, need to take over leadership of the X-Men. They will run the X-Men a whole a lot better than Cyclops and Wolverine.

Exactly! For once, I want to see someone else be the leader of the X-Men. I'm hoping that this event will change the current leadership of the X-Men to someone else.

#31 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

I agree that Charles and Jean Grey should return to take over the leadership of the school and Storm should lead the X-Men. We'll have to see how Wolverine comes out of this looking; he's pulled the 'We've got to kill that person no matter what Rrragh' card many times in the past so I doubt that just because Hope's a young girl it would affect the writers. He's very rarely written to look bad; even when he does something bad, he gets mini-series and/or cool storylines making him look good afterwards.

#32 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@time said:

I agree that Charles and Jean Grey should return to take over the leadership of the school and Storm should lead the X-Men. We'll have to see how Wolverine comes out of this looking; he's pulled the 'We've got to kill that person no matter what Rrragh' card many times in the past so I doubt that just because Hope's a young girl it would affect the writers. He's very rarely written to look bad; even when he does something bad, he gets mini-series and/or cool storylines making him look good afterwards.

Yeah, I'm shocked that Wolverine is being written a bit poorly lately, especially since he's the character who makes a lot of money for Marvel.

#33 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3628 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog: If Hope just gets Reborn as Jean when/if the Phoenix Force takes her as a host, I'd be annoyed, just because that family is already screwed up enough.

#34 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@time said:

Exactly! For once, I want to see someone else be the leader of the X-Men. I'm hoping that this event will change the current leadership of the X-Men to someone else.

This could be a game changer for Marvel, I mean, for the first time since being first appearing, i feel that Cyclops (who survived 50 years) and Wolverine (who survived 40 years) should get killed fighting for their cause. Makes them look heroic, gives Marvel that "status quo change" they've always wanted, let someone else god damn lead the X-Men (which will make the Wolverine and the X-Men title awkward without Wolverine), and give those deserving X-Men time to shine (do i hear the name Dust, Surge, Chamber come up? Yes I do)

#35 Posted by desmond006 (598 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Cyclops and the x-men. I think both teams are being ridiculous.

#36 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

you got me at " she a child and not as powerful as Jean Grey" i miss ma girl!!!! T_T and im with wolverine ... an the x-men but i want cyclops out

#37 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I'm rooting for this horrible crossover to end /trolling

basically this, more than that though I'm rooting for the so called architects to stop butchering my favorite character

#38 Posted by Yasiiii4 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcano_19 said:

you got me at " she a child and not as powerful as Jean Grey" i miss ma girl!!!! T_T and im with wolverine ... an the x-men but i want cyclops out

agreeeed!

#39 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@time said:

Wrong. Cyclops has been fighting for the survival of his race since M-Day. Professor X and Storm have done little to support this. I'd have little problem with Storm co-leading the X-Men with Cyclops. But to have Jean come back, who's not been around for the last eight years (probably 2/3 years on current Marvel sliding timescale ), a woman who's not experienced any of the hardship mutants have gone through since M-Day, and put her in a lead position, would be ridiculous.

#40 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the x-men

#41 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@cattlebattle said:

I'm rooting for this horrible crossover to end /trolling

basically this, more than that though I'm rooting for the so called architects to stop butchering my favorite character

Me too!

@tomchu said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@time said:

This could be a game changer for Marvel, I mean, for the first time since being first appearing, i feel that Cyclops (who survived 50 years) and Wolverine (who survived 40 years) should get killed fighting for their cause. Makes them look heroic, gives Marvel that "status quo change" they've always wanted, let someone else god damn lead the X-Men (which will make the Wolverine and the X-Men title awkward without Wolverine), and give those deserving X-Men time to shine (do i hear the name Dust, Surge, Chamber come up? Yes I do)

I agree with this.
#42 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope X-Men.

I hope it's Hope's destiny as the Mutant Messiah to reunite the X-Men, not all this Phoenix stuff.

And I love you Cyke, but seriously? The Phoenix Force? You're logic has no sound.

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

X-Men. Straight down.

#44 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle said:

I hope X-Men.

I hope it's Hope's destiny as the Mutant Messiah to reunite the X-Men, not all this Phoenix stuff.

And I love you Cyke, but seriously? The Phoenix Force? You're logic has no sound.

It's not his logic that has no sound, it's Bendis's writing.

#45 Posted by gambit75 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops FTW

#46 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6028 posts) - - Show Bio

I would root for X-Men, but at the moment, I'm thinking that this event should not be happening right now, so I'm going with neither.

#47 Edited by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@RogueOracle said:

I hope X-Men.

True. I don't know why he's handling the X-Men's side.

And is that Hayley WIlliams as your icon?!

#48 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@RogueOracle said:

@Mercy_ said:

@RogueOracle said:

I hope X-Men.

True. I don't know why he's handling the X-Men's side.

And is that Hayley WIlliams as your icon?!

He's leaving Avengers, there are theories floating around that it's to showrun the X-Men D:

Yessir :D

#49 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Just curious, can anyone confirm that they're retconning the sh*t out of Pheonix? In the interviews I've read they've all been a bit suss about it.

#50 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

The mutant messiah, the savior, the badass that is Cyclops...and his followers.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.