Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who are these two random '' new mutants'' in Uncanny X-men?

jojo111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jojo111

I haven't read Uncanny X-Men yet, waiting for it to appear on the digital comics store, but I do know a little about the comic already, I think it would make more sense to simply have Cyclops, Emma, Magneto, and Magik instead of adding in two random people to the roster.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

Hopefully they are cannon fodder....

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cattlebattle

The last thing X-Men needs is more new characters, they already have literally 20 to 30 characters floating around with little development and a lot of characters that used to be fan favorites are just in the background somewhere being as relevant as lawn furniture.

For shame Marvel.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GonnaRain

Actually there are four of them so far. Eva and Christopher are the ones who appeared first, the Shapeshifter who's name I always forget joined Cyke recently, and was shown already in the preview for Uncanny X-Men #2 alongside Eva, Christopher and another dude who I'm guessing is also a new recruit.

Anyways, I know the X-Men have a lot of Mutants with little to no development at all, but to be honestly I'm really happy with these new characters and so far I'm really interested in Christopher, the Shapeshifter and Eva specially, and I can't be sure but I got the feeling that at least Cyke's team will get more development, and they have the advantage that Cyke's team is really small in comparison to WaTXM with the whole Staff and student body.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dangallant984

I don't think they'd have much of a premise if they weren't training new mutants.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Decoy Elite

The girl is a mutant with the power to freeze time.  
    Haven't seen anything about her outside of that. 

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7  Edited By x_29

Eva and Christopher. Introduced in All New X-men.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By papad1992

@GonnaRain said:

Actually there are four of them so far. Eva and Christopher are the ones who appeared first, the Shapeshifter who's name I always forget joined Cyke recently, and was shown already in the preview for Uncanny X-Men #2 alongside Eva, Christopher and another dude who I'm guessing is also a new recruit.

Anyways, I know the X-Men have a lot of Mutants with little to no development at all, but to be honestly I'm really happy with these new characters and so far I'm really interested in Christopher, the Shapeshifter and Eva specially, and I can't be sure but I got the feeling that at least Cyke's team will get more development, and they have the advantage that Cyke's team is really small in comparison to WaTXM with the whole Staff and student body.

Their characters are knockoffs of previous characters! Christopher, the power to heal, is nothing compared to Elixir who has disappeared from total existence just after his X-Force disbanded (that little cameo with Logan in Wolverine isn't justice either). Eva's power we've seen before in Tempo and Sway, both dead... and that shapeshifter is entirely nothing new! They are all boring!

CerealKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CerealKiller

to be honest i already like eva because she is an aussie girl.

call it a shallow reason but i instantly get the "OMG JUST LIKE ME" factor haha

Of course she will have to prove herself to be awesome. Theres only so long she can coast on my bias preferences.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GonnaRain

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

Their characters are knockoffs of previous characters! Christopher, the power to heal, is nothing compared to Elixir who has disappeared from total existence just after his X-Force disbanded (that little cameo with Logan in Wolverine isn't justice either). Eva's power we've seen before in Tempo and Sway, both dead... and that shapeshifter is entirely nothing new! They are all boring!

I know their powers could be nothing new, and of course Christopher has done nothing yet to put him on Elixir's level. But that's the thing, they have done nothing yet. We didn't even see how he healed/resurrected his girl friend. So, we have to wait and see how their powers work. Cyke's himself said that the Shapeshifter's powers seemed like something different like he has never seen before. They could be copies or other characters powers? Sure, but they could also have something new.

Anyways, I'm not judging on powers alone, there's just something on those three, specially Eva, that I like. Kind of like CerealKiller said.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unicornpuncher

I like the chick who can stop time. A healer seemed necessary since Elixer has taken a leave of absence and the shapeshifter I could care less for.

What about the technopath guy I saw running around? He seemed pretty cool

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By papad1992

@GonnaRain said:

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

I know their powers could be nothing new, and of course Christopher has done nothing yet to put him on Elixir's level. But that's the thing, they have done nothing yet. We didn't even see how he healed/resurrected his girl friend. So, we have to wait and see how their powers work. Cyke's himself said that the Shapeshifter's powers seemed like something different like he has never seen before. They could be copies or other characters powers? Sure, but they could also have something new.

Anyways, I'm not judging on powers alone, there's just something on those three, specially Eva, that I like. Kind of like CerealKiller said.

But I don't care how different their personalities might be...or what they have or haven't done yet, I'm just pissed at how no creative thought went into these new characters when there are perfectly good ones waiting on a dusty shelf till a writer picks them up and decides to play with them (I just pictured Toy Story)! What happened to mutants being "mutated"?? That's why I like Grant Morrison's run the best on X-Men because he actually delved into the word "mutation" and played with it quite well!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Eva's also a complete knockoff of Kiden Nixon, Laura's gal pal.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GonnaRain

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

But I don't care how different their personalities might be...or what they have or haven't done yet, I'm just pissed at how no creative thought went into these new characters when there are perfectly good ones waiting on a dusty shelf till a writer picks them up and decides to play with them (I just pictured Toy Story)! What happened to mutants being "mutated"?? That's why I like Grant Morrison's run the best on X-Men because he actually delved into the word "mutation" and played with it quite well!

Well, that may be true, but after the events of AvX, I guess it was natural that more new Mutants would appear. And Cyke needs members. Again, I'm with most of you in that there are too many Mutants already that desperately need to have some development or something, but I can't help but like those new three (out of the four).

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Veitha

@GonnaRain said:

I agree, we have to wait until we see how their powers really work, they're not just a healer, a time-freezer and a shapeshifter, I'm pretty sure they've got other powers or their powers work in a different way than usual. For example Christopher has got a wodden staff in the Uncanny X-Men #1 preview, so I think that he may have other powers than what he has shown in All New X-Men.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lykopis

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

Yep.

@AgeofHurricane said:

Eva's also a complete knockoff of Kiden Nixon, Laura's gal pal.

Exactly. Thank you.

It would make more sense to have Cyke and the gang (including Wolverine's side of things) to go around the globe collecting mutants who lost their powers due to M-Day. But noooooooooo, let's bring in new mutants because writers can do whatever they want without having to accommodate established histories of other characters with similar power-sets.

Annoying and lazy writing. What a surprise.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By papad1992

@GonnaRain said:

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

@papad1992 said:

@GonnaRain said:

Well, that may be true, but after the events of AvX, I guess it was natural that more new Mutants would appear. And Cyke needs members. Again, I'm with most of you in that there are too many Mutants already that desperately need to have some development or something, but I can't help but like those new three (out of the four).

Fine, I'll be cooperative... patience is a virtuous snake, and if they aren't something special... I'm heading over to Marvel myself and rewriting their characters!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.