Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Who Are The Worst X-Men Couples?

• 185 results
    Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

In my opinion I think it is Black Panther And Storm I mean this couple don't make no sense what so ever!This couple has no chemistry/spark between them!Just because Storm is African dose not mean she can be paired with another one!

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde and Iceman. It's utterly pointless and forced just because of the movies.

You dont take ideas out of the movies and put them into comics. You take ideas out of comics and put them into the movies.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitty Pryde and Iceman. It's utterly pointless and forced just because of the movies.

You dont take ideas out of the movies and put them into comics. You take ideas out of comics and put them into the movies.

You do realize that Kitty Pryde and Iceman were a couple first in the Ultimate Universe, right? That's where they took it from. And their relationship in the Ultimate line was taken straight from the movie, especially with the whole Rogue/Iceman/Kitty triangle they had going.

This isn't the really same thing. Though I agree that it's pointless.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@avenger85 said:

You do realize that Kitty Pryde and Iceman were a couple first in the Ultimate Universe, right? That's where they took it from. And their relationship in the Ultimate line was taken straight from the movie, especially with the whole Rogue/Iceman/Kitty triangle they had going.

This isn't the really same thing. Though I agree that it's pointless.

I agree that Kitty and Iceman's relationship is just too forced out rather than developed. That's why I loved the way Joss Whedon portrayed Kitty and Colossus' relationship in his run because it felt so natural.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Rogneto. The relationship that damned Carey's Legacy, and much of Rogue's character. Then there's the looming Storm/Wolverine. That's quite repulsive.

Also still don't understand why Storm/BP is classified as an X-Couple, it's bloody not.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@mistressoftheelements: I disagree with that first post 100%. Storm and Black Panther made more sense than 90% of the pairings in comics. What they are doing now with the couple makes no sense. The potential of that couple could have been epic, almost a Barack/Michelle of comics. Which would not only be good for comics, but also a good positive example of an ethnic couple in which we so lack in comics.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistressoftheelements: I disagree with that first post 100%. Storm and Black Panther made more sense than 90% of the pairings in comics. What they are doing now with the couple makes no sense. The potential of that couple could have been epic, almost a Barack/Michelle of comics. Which would not only be good for comics, but also a good positive example of an ethnic couple in which we so lack in comics.

Indeed.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Not current, obviously) Wolverine and Jean Grey

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Night Thrasher

Rogue and Magneto is the worst couple BTW. What in the world would Rogue see in Magneto? If anything I would think she would see Mystique in Magnus and that would turn her off. It's almost as if 20+ years of character development went out the window so that the writer could put the two together.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: You may disagree with me but it was not a good couple!I don't know that the writer was thinking about pairing them too together!I like how people compared Wolverine And Storm together it made better sense and it so relatable to a real relationship's!I liked the also loved angle that she had with Night Crawler!It was basically like BP is african and Storm is african let's set them together!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Can I say Jean and Scott?

I don't even dislike them as a couple that much but the fans made me hate them together. Either they insult Scott and say Jean should be with the sleaze of a man known as Logan or they bug about how Jean is way better than Emma.

Plus I didn't care too much for their union in the first place so the fans ruined them completely. I personally felt like Jean was holding Scott back.

but

whatever

( + )

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: Of Course You Can Say Jean In Scott..They Are In The X-men Aren't They :]? Well Jean Is Arguably The Most Powerful Mutant In X-Men After All.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Night Thrasher

@mistressoftheelements: Reginald Hudlin did a LOT wrong during his run on BP...pairing him up with Storm was not one of them. BP is a king, a BLACK KING. So, unlike Luke Cage, Blade or Falcon he must be held to higher standards. His mate must exude 1) class (which she has in abundance) 2) maturity (leader of the X-Men and Morlocks anyone?) 3) Nobility (worshipped as a Goddess) and almost most importantly to a monarch of an African nation 4) She must be Black (how as a king of a African nation would you tell your people that you have forsaken all of the beautiful black African women of the country for a snow bunny)?

Not only was Storm the logical choice, she was THE ONLY choice. Her being paired with T'Challa was a tad rushed but definitely not forced. She certainly worked better with T'Challa than she did with Forge or Bishop or Logan (who is the worst possible choice for her). Why would someone as classy as Ororo even want to stoop down to sleeping with Logan who has slept with half of the X-Men roster and almost as many on the Avengers roster? Logan has a bigger body count than She-Hulk.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@night_thrasher: Agree with everything else, but i got lost at Forge. He understood and loved Ororo for her attributes and flaws much better than T'challa ever could and did.

The only time Storm and T'challa's relationship "worked" was under McDuffie (and Yost for how long it needed to), every other occasion, she was usually the supportive Trophy Wife.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: That's more about writing than the characters. To me it seemed as if Forge was a bit of a Cuckhold when it came to Ororo. He loved her more than she loved him. As I said the idea of O'Challa was a great one and very logical; the execution wasn't as great. But still I don't think it was really given a chance.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: Did I say that he forced Storm to Be With BP??So you saying that Storm should only be paired with a African American Person?Other people have class like Storm, hell Frenzy would be a good choice for BP.Storm getting BP was way to random for me and it did not make sense IN MY OPINION!Don't everybody in marvel sleep with people!?

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night_thrasher: Their relationship to me is rushed and did not make any sense.I felt like her getting with BP was a exscuse for Storm to be only part-time in the X-Men.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistressoftheelements: Frenzy is a horrible choice.

1) Of course it's your opinion and I'm stating mine. A point/counterpoint if you will.

2) I was obviously stating that T'Challa's mate would have to meet those requirements not Ororo due to him being African royalty.

3) Very few Marvel characters have both the class and nobility that Ororo has.

4) I capitalize for emphasis and not for volume. No anger or hostility in my post whatsoever. It's only an opinion just like yours and I posted how I've come to my opinion. Don't get your panties in a bunch about it.

5) Frenzy is a former terrorist and is absolutely not an option for T'Challa

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1)Well since Frenzy is black should she together with Black Panther?

2)Plenty Marvel character's have the class that Storm have..But you compared only Black people to her

3)It would be nice if Storm would finally get a man that loves her and not for force

4)I can my panties in a bunch if I want to..:P

5)This convo. Is over..Bye Now :]

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

X-23 and hellion

wolverine and jean

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Emma and Scott, they were a couple for 9 years, X-Men main couple. The only couple in the spotlight and nothing happened in there relationship. They didn't , moved forward. Emma just lived in Cyclops shadows. It wasn't a equal relationship.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm and Forge - he created a machine that removed her powers, yet they still ended up getting together. It was a strange turn of events. They always ended up being somewhat awkward together IMO.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Night Thrasher

@mistressoftheelements: you obviously twisted my words to "Storm should be with only Black people" when it was obvious that I was saying that T'Challa is the one who would be best served with an ethnic bride. Not because he's black, but because he is royalty of an ethnic nation. I wasn't saying that it's the only reason either. I clearly stated that she was the best fit for T'Challa because of her ethnicity, grace and poise. I also made it clear why I think other characters like Frenzy and Monica Rambeau wouldn't work because 1)Frenzy is a former terrorist and 2) other characters of color don't exude the nobility like Ororo. The only other character that I consider a good fit for T'Challa is Monet.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Where do i start?

Most loathsome: Magneto and Rogue, Mystique and Iceman, Cyclops and Frenzy, Angel and Husk, Warpath and Hepzibah, Madison and Danger

Most troublesome: Storm and Black Panther, Storm and Forge, Rogue and Gambit, Emma and Namor,

Most boresome: Cyclops and Emma, Havok and Polaris, Psylocke and Archangel, Dazzler and Longshot

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By judasnixon

Domino and Colossus........

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMAO. Don't let @rickbarry hear you say that. He has become their shipper.

I'll say Wolverine and Jean, Rogue and Magneto (save the AoA version), Emma and Namor, and X-Man and Moonstar (There was no point to it).

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Rogneto. The relationship that damned Carey's Legacy, and much of Rogue's character. Then there's the looming Storm/Wolverine. That's quite repulsive.

Also still don't understand why Storm/BP is classified as an X-Couple, it's bloody not.

This times infinity gauntlet.

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Didn't Nightkrawler and Kitty have a thing in X-men Evolution? I don't remember if that ever happened in the actual comics.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

I'll say Wolverine and Jean, Rogue and Magneto (save the AoA version), Emma and Namor, and X-Man and Moonstar (There was no point to it).

I'm not shipping. I just think they're rather fantastic on panel. Domino needs as much panel time as possible. Domilossus is taking 2013 by storm!

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Im going to get alot of hate for this one but I never liked Kitty and Colossus together. I guess its mostly because Colossus is one of my least favorite X-Men while Kitty is one of my favorites. Its especially weird since I loved Astonishing X-Men.

I also REALLY hate Wolverine/Storm. That shower sex shaving scene in Wolverine and the X-Men was just mind numbingly bad!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegreyoutcastx said:
    @judasnixon said:

I'm not shipping. I just think they're rather fantastic on panel. Domino needs as much panel time as possible. Domilossus is taking 2013 by storm!

It's when you say stuff like that lol...It makes me think you really mean: Yeah, I'd ship that. XD

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Nate Grey/Kitty would be an interesting pairing. Although I do kinda like Ice-Sprite.

Rachel Grey/Cannonball could also be an interesting pairing of opposites. The girl from the dystopian future with the southern gentleman. Could he handle a woman who has enough brass to handle the Phoenix Force?

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Nate Grey/Kitty would be an interesting pairing. Although I do kinda like Ice-Sprite.

Rachel Grey/Cannonball could also be an interesting pairing of opposites. The girl from the dystopian future with the southern gentleman. Could he handle a woman who has enough brass to handle the Phoenix Force?

O_O

Do you have Telepathy? Cause I swear to god, I thought I was the only one who thought of the potential of them as a couple. Plus Rachel's reactions would just be priceless.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Night Thrasher

@thegreyoutcastx: The whole family reaction thing would be priceless. Not only Rachel; but Cable, Maddie, Cyclops, Colossus, Logan, Emma, etc...I hadn't really thought of it on those terms but that could fill pages upon pages by itself.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@night_thrasher said:

@thegreyoutcastx: The whole family reaction thing would be priceless. Not only Rachel; but Cable, Maddie, Cyclops, Colossus, Logan, Emma, etc...I hadn't really thought of it on those terms but that could fill pages upon pages by itself.

True which is why I felt the idea of them as a couple could lead to some interesting stories.

Oh man, now I can't get the idea of them out of my head. Damn you, internetz! xD

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My least favorite is Rogue/Magneto cuz, eww, 50 year age gap or whatever. And somebody discussed Cannonball/Rachel. I've been reading Avengers & I thought he & Sunspot were together.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

My least favorite is Rogue/Magneto cuz, eww, 50 year age gap or whatever. And somebody discussed Cannonball/Rachel. I've been reading Avengers & I thought he & Sunspot were together.

Everyone keeps saying they have a bromance. But it doesn't match with their dating histories. I think it's just that Hickman doesn't really what to do with them.

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimlim

If the Marvel solicitation cover for All-New X-Men is to be believed...

Spoiler alert...

YOUNG JEAN GREY & YOUNG BEAST

Wrongwrongwrong

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

Im going to get alot of hate for this one but I never liked Kitty and Colossus together. I guess its mostly because Colossus is one of my least favorite X-Men while Kitty is one of my favorites. Its especially weird since I loved Astonishing X-Men.

I also REALLY hate Wolverine/Storm. That shower sex shaving scene in Wolverine and the X-Men was just mind numbingly bad!

I also never liked Kitty and Colossus together. It used to creep me out, TBPH. She was thirteen when they first met and he was old enough to be in a different peer group. Very old-fashioned relationship dynamics and he never seemed smart enough to do much for her besides offer a physical attraction.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimlim said:

If the Marvel solicitation cover for All-New X-Men is to be believed...

Spoiler alert...

YOUNG JEAN GREY & YOUNG BEAST

Wrongwrongwrong

Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyat man ! That better be just some typical Marvel misdirection regarding covers & solicitations ( like in the last ANXM the said that Jean would unleash all her powers and terrify the hell out of everyone, but instead the Cuckoos wiped the floor with her face). And if not I hope Beast gets a nice optic blast to the face for that.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TheCowman

@silver_raven said:

Angel and Husk

This is the first thing that sprang to mind. I remember when they started that; it just seemed to come completely out of the blue and made no sense.

Others..... I never really liked Rahne and Rictor together, though that was probably just personal prejudice than objective "wrongness". I wasn't really into X-23 and Hellion either, though that never really went long enough to tell what their relationship would actually be like. They also dropped hints of Rockslide and Jubilee that I'm glad they never followed through on.

Also, I just gotta throw out a bit of defense for Storm's attraction to Wolverine. I'm not a big fan of the couple, but I also have no problems with it. People often forget that while Storm WAS worshipped as a goddess and DOES have loads of class; she was also the woman who shaved her head into a mohawk, won a knife fight in a sewer, lived as a street thief as a child and later with Yukio, and in her early days was well known for being naked whenever she could.

I loved the duality of the character and her grittier, mischevious side seems to be too often overlooked in favor of the regal goddess aspect. And I think the gritty, naturalistic side of her would naturally be attracted to someone like Logan.

Polarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure there are many x-couples that I dislike. I use to think Magneto and Rogue made zero sense, but that was until I saw My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and its American counterpart. At that point I realized Magneto had a "type" and both Magda and Rogue fit it.

Also, I love both Havok and Polaris and the idea of the two together, but writers tend to view their relationship as a default position not an actual relationship and it does neither any favor.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Dman1366

I personally hated Kitty and Colossus. That couple was so mind-numbingly dull. They did absolutely nothing for years. Outside of Whedon's run, the most action they ever spent together was during AvX.

I also thought Rogue and Magneto was creepy. And I do not like Storm/Wolverine, I know Claremont had them together, but how do you go from a rich/genius husband to him?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@thecowman: It's not even that i've a problem with the pairing, it's just that Wolverine's current character (which fluctuates depending on writer and situation) is not something i'd want herto be associated with. He's a hairy hypocrite.

It was better when we had competent writers and a consistent character.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: But then you guys want Storm to be associated with Black Panther but then she lost her virginity to Black Panther, at age 12.

MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: I rather see Storm with a hairy furball then Black Panther that had sex with the goddess at only at age 12!Not to mention Storm class is much higher than Black Panther's. I always loved seeing Storm and Wolverine since the episode "One Man's Front" of the original X-Men in the 80's-90's.It made sense and the writer did really good for that pairing and it seem like she really love a man like the furball.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.