Who are the current X-Men as of December 2012??

#1 Posted by DeathGorath444 (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Or at least it's core members, I haven't read any X-men comics in a while so I just wanted to know if that's cool?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

There's no longer a core team. There's the original 5 I guess, they could be considered core. There's Cyclop's Uncanny team. Wolverine and the X-men are just a mishmash.

#3 Posted by DeathGorath444 (720 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: So I'm guessing that when ever there is a mission it's whom ever wants dibs on it basically?

#4 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@DeathGorath444 said:

@TheCrowbar: So I'm guessing that when ever there is a mission it's whom ever wants dibs on it basically?

Or whomever is needed, power-wise! As for the splinter teams like X-Factor, both X-Forces, and X-treme X-Men... their teams are set (with X-Factor's roster actually dwindling down and X-treme's actually losing and gaining a member)! But as for the "main titles' team... Wolverine and the X-Men has a senior and junior teaching staff with students attending the school and Uncanny X-Men is growing in their ranks. All New X-Men's team seems to be pretty much comprised of Storm, Beast, Kitty, Wolverine and Iceman (don't forget Lockheed). And Astonishing X-Men's team is Wolverine, Northstar, Gambit, Iceman, Warbird, Karma, and Cecilia Reyes. The adjectiveless X-Men title is getting a change in roster in the next issue or so, which will consist of Angel, Chamber, Iceman, Pixie, and Storm. X-Men Legacy has now become a title focusing mainly on Legion. And that's pretty much it! Hope that helps. :)

#5 Posted by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty much X-men lite these days. I know that some will disagree with me, but the majority of the X-men that are at the mansion are kind of lame. The bigger names are kind of going rogue and forming their own factions. Team Blue/Orange is where it's at.

#6 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer they had a set team, like event back in the 90's they had the gold team and the blue team, that was cool

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing as how the OP asked for core members as opposed to a team, i'd say: Storm, Psylocke, Cable, Dazzler, Scott, Madrox and Kitty f*cking Pryde. Simply because of their current leadership positions. Anyone else is up for debate.

#8 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Seeing as how the OP asked for core members as opposed to a team, i'd say: Storm, Psylocke, Cable, Dazzler, Scott, Madrox and Kitty f*cking Pryde. Simply because of their current leadership positions. Anyone else is up for debate.

Those actually seem to me like the leaders of various teams!

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: Exactly.

#10 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@papad1992: Exactly.

In that case u forgot to cover Astonishing X-Men... I'd say Northstar is the "leader" (or maybe I'm just saying that because he's more prominent in the title!)

Storm - All New X-Men / X-Men

Psylocke - Uncanny X-Force

Cable - Cable and X-Force

Dazzler - X-treme X-Men

Cyclops - Uncanny X-Men

Madrox - X-Factor

Kitty Pryde - Wolverine and the X-Men

#11 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

So its like a monthly gym dodgeball game, the captains are the same but they have to pick their own players

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5698 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind having different leaders in the X-Men (they should have done this years ago) but I wish the X-Men were united again (I know this whole "Schism" thing just started, but I don't like the idea about the X-Men not being the family they were years ago.

#13 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2483 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7206 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992: I never exactly "forgot", i just chose not to include it because i fail to see what relevance that title serves to the X-Verse. And Wolverine's the leader of that team, so, all the more reason for me to exclude it.

#15 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@papad1992: I never exactly "forgot", i just chose not to include it because i fail to see what relevance that title serves to the X-Verse. And Wolverine's the leader of that team, so, all the more reason for me to exclude it.

I get where you're coming from... I not necessarily a fan of the title itself (it was just a stunt for Northstar's marriage) I just like the real odd roster that this team is composed of! Northstar, Karma, Gambit, Iceman, Wolverine, Warbird, and Cecilia Reyes... I just wished someone else were writing!

#16 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Don't even get me started on that panel!! It just solidified in my mind how much of a douche Cyclops is!!

#17 Posted by Rickbarry (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

@papad1992 said:

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE: Don't even get me started on that panel!! It just solidified in my mind how much of a douche Cyclops is!!

*Appears to defend team blue.* How dare you! *Pummels*

#18 Posted by papad1992 (6815 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@papad1992 said:

*Appears to defend team blue.* How dare you! *Pummels*

"Strikes back" and says "How dare YOU!"

#19 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems like the core group is Wolverine, Storm, Kitty, Iceman and the Beast, but sort of also the O5 for the moment.

Angel, Rachel, Warbird (bleh), and I think Chamber are also at the school, and Northstar, Gambit, Cecilia and Karma are all associated with the Astonishing team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.