Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

who among the x-men can take on apocalypse alone?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Many of the x-men have had power upgrades and secondary mutations, who among them can single handedly beat apocalypse?

Will storms vast range of powers be beneficial in beating apocalypse?

is Rachel powerful enough to beat him?

is cyke's power up enough to bring apocalypse down?

can the hive mind stun this powerhouse?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

take on, or take on and win? its a totally different question lol

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phisigmatau

huh Scott gotta power boost?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Polaris? I mean I don't recall entirely but didn't Magneto turn him to a puddle or something in House of M?

Otherwise he'd crush anyone else....he's show up on the X-Men front lawn before

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Polaris? I mean I don't recall entirely but didn't Magneto turn him to a puddle or something in House of M?

HOM was not real, so anything Magneto did there was something that could only happen in his fondest dreams backed by his daughters power to warp reality beyond her station. To date only two Xmen have been able to take him down and that was Jean and Cable when they actually did it.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cable has been doing it for years so...

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HOM was not real, so anything Magneto did there was something that could only happen in his fondest dreams backed by his daughters power to warp reality beyond her station.

Actually, no intervention was found during his actions, at least not in Civil War.

I'd argue that AU sometimes look much more logical than 616.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EC2277

@darthphoenix said:

[…]

is cyke's power up enough to bring apocalypse down?

can the hive mind stun this powerhouse?

No one has explored the limit of the Cyclops' powers. In "Age of Apocalypse" his optic blast was able to destroy the left hand of Wolverine, with its adamantium skeleton and the regenerative factor of Logan wasn't able to regenerate his hand. In another story (I don't remember what) was confirmed that the optic blast of Cyclops are able to pulverize adamantium (http://i.imgur.com/NYFNEp2.jpg) and in X-Men 44 he was able to destroy a mountain without problem.

This and the read of the description of Cyclops' power in the official site of Marvel, made me think that his destructive power is potentially limitless.

Also in the psychic plan he should be a dangerous enemy for everyone: in X-Factor 68 was able to use (with the help of Jean) the psychic powers of his son like a bridge, to project his mind in the psychic plane, to fight and defeat Apocalypse himself.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

is it true that archangel was able to bring down apocalypse?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Wanda

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By darthphoenix

last time i checked wanda's an avenger

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I don't think any of the X-Men could solo Apoc. Jean could at one point (I remember she blasted through his armor during the 12 story...she may have had the PF then though.).

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

HOM was not real, so anything Magneto did there was something that could only happen in his fondest dreams backed by his daughters power to warp reality beyond her station. To date only two Xmen have been able to take him down and that was Jean and Cable when they actually did it.

Didn't get a notification.

Idk about how legit HoM was, i mean he never repeated the feat, but it's something to consider.

In my opinion Jean's not doing it, and Cable's not doing it at current power levels. I just don't see anyone hanging with him in a 100% fresh fight unless they've got a way to beat him already. Dude regenerates.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@koays said:

Idk about how legit HoM was, i mean he never repeated the feat, but it's something to consider.

In my opinion Jean's not doing it, and Cable's not doing it at current power levels. I just don't see anyone hanging with him in a 100% fresh fight unless they've got a way to beat him already. Dude regenerates.

I didn't say they were doing it currently only mentioning that to date they are the only ones that wear the X that actually did do it to the point that he was considered dead for years.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@koays said:

I didn't say they were doing it currently only mentioning that to date they are the only ones that wear the X that actually did do it to the point that he was considered dead for years.

Gotcha, my mistake.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

won't Rachel's micro black hole be enough?

Magik's soulsword?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

From the original line up, probably Jean and Iceman.

If you take the whole mutants there are just so many.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By devilsgrin81

there are many x-men who could legitimately stand up to Apocalypse. Whether they could defeat him is more arguable... but here's who i see being able to tangle with Apoc.

Storm

Rachel

Quire

Cyclops

Polaris

Psylocke (depending on how she's being written)

Havok

Jean

Hope (shudderrr)

Hellion

Iceman

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nate grey

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto did destroyed Apocalypse weather dream or not. He did destroy him and I don't think Magneto destroying Apocalypse has nothing to do with Scarlet or dream. He destroyed him period. And what make ya think Magneto can't defeat him? Strange because he had defeated many threats and many powerful beings and none has nothing to do with Scarlet reality or dream. Sorry but I don't think so.

xaviercarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Deadpool can't, that's for sure...

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Deadpool can't, that's for sure...

lol

I know. Poor Deadpool. Clearly that's not Evan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nate grey would defeat him

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate Grey's powers are diminished just saying.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

Magneto did destroyed Apocalypse weather dream or not. He did destroy him and I don't think Magneto destroying Apocalypse has nothing to do with Scarlet or dream. He destroyed him period. And what make ya think Magneto can't defeat him? Strange because he had defeated many threats and many powerful beings and none has nothing to do with Scarlet reality or dream. Sorry but I don't think so.

Whether dream or not? If it was a dream it certainly doesn't count for anything. It had everything to do with Scarlet Witch because she is responsible for HOM, and HOM was not real as even Rachel could see through it to the real reality beneath it. Maybe because if he did it in HOM that wasn't the real Apocalypse anyway, just like the Magik of HOM turned out not to be the real one resurrected, only a construct, as Belasco found out when he kidnapped the X-kids trying to find her. Apocalypse had been dead for a while before HOM. What makes us think he can't defeat him is him never legitimately defeating him. So far the only X-Men in 616 that have been able to actually beat and kill him were Jean and Cable when they beat and killed him to save Cyclops.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

Whether dream or not? If it was a dream it certainly doesn't count for anything. It had everything to do with Scarlet Witch because she is responsible for HOM, and HOM was not real as even Rachel could see through it to the real reality beneath it. Maybe because if he did it in HOM that wasn't the real Apocalypse anyway, just like the Magik of HOM turned out not to be the real one resurrected, only a construct, as Belasco found out when he kidnapped the X-kids trying to find her. Apocalypse had been dead for a while before HOM. What makes us think he can't defeat him is him never legitimately defeating him. So far the only X-Men in 616 that have been able to actually beat and kill him were Jean and Cable when they beat and killed him to save Cyclops.

Oh no. He did beats him either dream or not. I think that's the point here.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was jean just a telepath when he and cable fought apocalypse?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah they are but Im referring to when he was not depowered as he is most known in that manner :)

was jean just a telepath when he and cable fought apocalypse?

Yeah I believe so. I remember she was using the red and gold phoenix outfit and she only had TP that time

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

No that is not the point and as I said if it wasn't even the real Apocalypse it doesn't count for anything.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean, Cable, perhaps Nate or Rachel Grey could potentially take Apocalypse out by themselves, at the height of their realized potential. Magik probably has a very good chance after she masters all aspects of her powers (but she kind of trumps everyone since her powers give her so many options). Iceman can potentially take this, as well, if Bobby had a smarter person advising him on what to do.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emma frost but she will seduce him first because thats what emma does and no man can say no to her.....:P

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By EC2277
    Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

No that is not the point and as I said if it wasn't even the real Apocalypse it doesn't count for anything.

Maybe in your dream it doesn't

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

Dreams are the opposite of reality, so if Magneto killed a fake Apocalypse in a reality that was shaped by one of his childs dreaming his dream reality fueled by his other childs borrowed power, that all turned out to not be real, then it does not count at all. If dreams count as reality, I challenge you to dream you can fly under your own power without help outside of your own will, then I need you to wake up and do it, by it I mean fly. Then we can prove that dreams and reality are the same within the context of this argument. If you respond I'll know you failed to fly and I am right, if you don't respond I'll assume I'm still right because you either died or are in the hospital, either way you didn't fly unless you found a way to harness power that all the rest of dreamers cannot.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A fully powered Magik in Darkchilde mode or in Limbo, Nate, maybe Bobby, Legion, What happens if Warlock infects him with the virus? Danger? She's pretty underrated.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordOfAllHumans

@chiq said:

A fully powered Magik in Darkchilde mode or in Limbo, Nate, maybe Bobby, Legion, What happens if Warlock infects him with the virus? Danger? She's pretty underrated.

Apocalypse is a techno-organic being in his own right, I don't think Warlock would get that far if all he has to offer is a virus that Apocalypse seems to already have and can control.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sky_Fire

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

Dreams are the opposite of reality, so if Magneto killed a fake Apocalypse in a reality that was shaped by one of his childs dreaming his dream reality fueled by his other childs borrowed power, that all turned out to not be real, then it does not count at all. If dreams count as reality, I challenge you to dream you can fly under your own power without help outside of your own will, then I need you to wake up and do it, by it I mean fly. Then we can prove that dreams and reality are the same within the context of this argument. If you respond I'll know you failed to fly and I am right, if you don't respond I'll assume I'm still right because you either died or are in the hospital, either way you didn't fly unless you found a way to harness power that all the rest of dreamers cannot.

Dream or not he still beats him. I think none of this have anything to do with dreams. Like I say, maybe in your dreaaaaaaam.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

Dream or not he still beats him. I think none of this have anything to do with dreams. Like I say, maybe in your dreaaaaaaam.

That reality was a fake, that Apocalypse was a fake. Magneto did not do anything to Apocalypse he defeated a conjuration of an insanity fueled reality warp that was created based on the thoughts of others. It was not real. You not understanding the dream analogy is your problem.

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@sky_fire said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shebba said:

That reality was a fake, that Apocalypse was a fake. Magneto did not do anything to Apocalypse he defeated a conjuration of an insanity fueled reality warp that was created based on the thoughts of others. It was not real. You not understanding the dream analogy is your problem.

I take it like you're trying to rewrite Magneto. He defeated PERIOD. On panel and not a dreaaaaaaaaam.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Didn't Magneto do it once?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOA Magneto did it, 616 Magneto never did it, during HOM he defeated a fake Apocalypse conjured by his daughter in a world that was built for him to rule specifically. I say fake Apocalypse because the real one was dead during HOM and Belasco proved that any beings that were dead prior to HOM that showed up in HOM were not really resurrected but constructs created by Wanda.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformers1024 said:

AOA Magneto did it, 616 Magneto never did it, during HOM he defeated a fake Apocalypse conjured by his daughter in a world that was built for him to rule specifically. I say fake Apocalypse because the real one was dead during HOM and Belasco proved that any beings that were dead prior to HOM that showed up in HOM were not really resurrected but constructs created by Wanda.

I think you're missing the point. The point is he did it. You can't change that when he did no matter the universe. Apocalypse wasn't fake at all. Who you think you're fooling?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@transformers1024 said:

I think you're missing the point. The point is he did it. You can't change that when he did no matter the universe. Apocalypse wasn't fake at all. Who you think you're fooling?

I'm not missing the point because you don't have one troll, he did not do it because that was not Apocalypse, just like Wolverine didn't kill Magneto, because it wasn't really Magneto it was Zorn. Killing imposters and fakes is not the same thing as killing the real one. Apocalypse was dead during HOM, defeated by Jean Grey and Cable, no mutant was actually resurrected by Wanda, Belasco proved it when he was looking for Illyana.

ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowofthelight said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@transformers1024 said:

I'm not missing the point because you don't have one troll, he did not do it because that was not Apocalypse, just like Wolverine didn't kill Magneto, because it wasn't really Magneto it was Zorn. Killing imposters and fakes is not the same thing as killing the real one. Apocalypse was dead during HOM, defeated by Jean Grey and Cable, no mutant was actually resurrected by Wanda, Belasco proved it when he was looking for Illyana.

he defeated him in 2 alternate reality so cut the bull with dream LMAO

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofallhumans said:

@shadowofthelight said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@transformers1024 said:

And discussions on these boards are about 616 versions unless stated to included other versions, so in the context of this thread those defeats don't count and I mentioned him killing him in an alternate reality but never doing it in 616.

ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowofthelight said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@shadowofthelight said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@transformers1024 said:

And discussions on these boards are about 616 versions unless stated to included other versions, so in the context of this thread those defeats don't count and I mentioned him killing him in an alternate reality but never doing it in 616.

and he will still beat him.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
    BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

From X men line up I see Iceman has a chance.

@uhypocrite said:

yeah they are but Im referring to when he was not depowered as he is most known in that manner :)

That's sad. When and how did he lose his powers? How much powerful is he now?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.