Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Whille its on the subject...

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Powerzone789

I dug out my days of future past collection and started reading it...and it just left the same sour taste in my mouth when i was done as the other times i read it. I honestly never liked the whole event and i've read all the tie ins, like days of future present and days of future now. It just doesn't do it for me. It seems pointless and i think the whole arc is overrated, does anyone else have similar feelings? and what happened to like all the other heroes an stuff that weren't mentioned in the death toll?

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Nudeviking

@Powerzone789: It's been awhile since I've read it, but I think the Days of Future Past is kind of disconnected from the rest of the Marvel Universe in a way that things like House of M and Age of Apocalypse weren't, which kind of makes it feel off. Yeah I know there are tombstones for the Fantastic Four in that graveyard, but it's clearly an X-Men book. Fast forward 10 or so years to Age of Apocalypse and you had a clear idea of what happened to the "human" heroes. Looking back on it, Days of Future Past is kind of like a demo version of other alternative futures to come. It's a cool concept, but I think it was implemented much better later on.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

It was a landmark storyline that was original & really started to drive home the comparison between real life racial prejudice and the comic book segregation of mutants from humans.

That said, it's not one of the best stories ever. It also didn't deserve to have several spin-offs. Similar the Age of Apocalypse, it was original until the lack of imagination from other writers & editors ruined it.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Powerzone789

@xerox_kitty said:

It was a landmark storyline that was original & really started to drive home the comparison between real life racial prejudice and the comic book segregation of mutants from humans.

That said, it's not one of the best stories ever. It also didn't deserve to have several spin-offs. Similar the Age of Apocalypse, it was original until the lack of imagination from other writers & editors ruined it.

very true, the 2005 anniversary of AOA ruined it for me, im interested in the new ongoing series just to see where they go with it. Days of future past never really got me hooked@Nudeviking: thats a perfect way of putting it too as a concept idea

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Days of Future past should have been left alone after it was finished. Maybe taken out for a surprise appearance in the Messiah stuff, but thats it. Theres no reason for every x-crossover to feed off of dofp, and spoiling the original. It's like a house of cards, you have a house, and then you put more stuff, because the base was nice, then, as you keep stacking, it collapses. I hoped you liked the bad metaphor.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

@Powerzone789 said:

very true, the 2005 anniversary of AOA ruined it for me, im interested in the new ongoing series just to see where they go with it. Days of future past never really got me hooked

If the recent Uncanny X-Force is any indication, then it seems they're going even further away from the mid 90's amazingness :(

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By unicornpuncher

Im curious where the new X force is going to go, but not sure that I really care about this new AOA spinoff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.