Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which young X-Men book you like more?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By judasnixon
    judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By judasnixon

I have no idea where option E came from, then again I'm on pain killers for broken ribs, so who knows.....

Avatar image for deactivated-62dfe515b2439
    deactivated-62dfe515b2439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

WATXM. Yup, apparently I am insane.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

I loved Generation X. It was very different from the status quo of the X-Men books

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine

New X-Men. By far.

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lightburst

New X-Men. its amazing.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By kingjoeg

Is that supposed to be All new x-men?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By judasnixon
    @kingjoeg: No. just New X-Men.
    No Caption Provided
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

Academy X/New X-men is one of my favorite X-books ever so it definitely gets my vote

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

Anyone who votes WaTXM is clearly insane.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11  Edited By x_29

@cyberchop979 said:

WATXM. Yup, apparently I am insane.

No. You just have an different opinion than most.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dangallant984

I have a fondness for all of them, really, but I'm going with New X-men mostly because it seemed to actually have the most to do with them being mutants, which, for me, is half the premise of any of these books.

Generation X started out on pretty firm ground in this regard, probably even more so than the X-men at the time, but by the time Age of Apocalypse was over, it too had become mainly just another teen superhero book.

As for Wolverine and the X-men, I think it may still be too soon to say, but it's becoming too late for me to care. I do like a lot about this book, but it's really missing the mark in terms of focus, especially in regards to the students. It's kinda just all over the place.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By AgeofHurricane

I think E should just be Academy X, as New X-Men and Academy X are clearly different in terms of story-telling and direction. So, yeah. Academy X.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By papad1992

In reality there is NO real comparison other than that they were "young!" New Mutants was the first teenage team to introduce the concept to the X-Men universe that greatly impacted the Marvel universe, Generation X brought the kids into a more school setting but still choosing to learn out in the field, and New X-Men brought a more modern and more grand approach to the school idea incorporating new concepts, amazing and likable new characters, and great stories! So each were like a step up from the other! Wolverine and the X-Men shouldn't even be considered here since it barely sheds light upon any X-students, instead it's all about the teachers whereupon New X-Men was less about the teachers and more about the students! So Wolverine and the X-Men is actually a step down from New X-Men!

Most of my favorite characters have spawned from those teams/series, like: Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Husk, M, Mercury, Dust, Anole, Pixie, Rockslide, etc...

NOT with Wolverine and the X-Men, however, with their "oh-so-transparent-characters!"

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dangallant984

@papad1992 said:

In reality there is NO real comparison other than that they were "young!" New Mutants was the first teenage team to introduce the concept to the X-Men universe that greatly impacted the Marvel universe, Generation X brought the kids into a more school setting but still choosing to learn out in the field, and New X-Men brought a more modern and more grand approach to the school idea incorporating new concepts, amazing and likable new characters, and great stories! So each were like a step up from the other! Wolverine and the X-Men shouldn't even be considered here since it barely sheds light upon any X-students, instead it's all about the teachers whereupon New X-Men was less about the teachers and more about the students! So Wolverine and the X-Men is actually a step down from New X-Men!

Most of my favorite characters have spawned from those teams/series, like: Dani Moonstar, Wolfsbane, Chamber, Husk, M, Mercury, Dust, Anole, Pixie, Rockslide, etc...

NOT with Wolverine and the X-Men, however, with their "oh-so-transparent-characters!"

agreed!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By papad1992

@dangallant984 said:

@papad1992 said:

agreed!

:)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lykopis

I have no favourite. But I do like Wolverine and the X-Men, and nope -- not insane. Yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.