Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-titles are being canceled or being replaced?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Help me out, I am out of the loop for X-title of 2014.
    Is it true that these titles will be canceled?

Astonishing X-men
    Wolverine and the X-men
    X-men Legacy

I heard the replacements for Astonishing X-men is Amazing X-men. And the replace for X-factor is All-New X-factor, respectively.

So are we going to be 2 X-books short? :(

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know a lot of folks didn't like Wolverine and the X-men, (it had some rough moments) but I'm sad to see it go. I really did enjoy the Hellfire Saga arc. Oya as the Black Queen was good. Plus her and Quire are a couple now! But I hear the series is coming to an end and the students are graduating? Is this true?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I know the X-Force books are being condensed into 1 title.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

@fallschirmjager said:

I know the X-Force books are being condensed into 1 title.

Are you serious??? I don't know why there were two books to begin with, but now this is weird. There are wayy too many characters at this point. Plus I heard a rumor that Marrow was coming back to join X-force.

So X-force's cast will be:

Storm

Cable

Psylocke

Puck

Spiral + her daughter

Clustur

Fantomex

Marrow

Boom Boom

Hope

Dr.Nemeisis

Forge

Domino

Colossus

REALLY?? Character Overload much??

Who will get cut?

Storm & maybe Colossus can return back to the school.

Hope needs to just quit being a Marvel character.

anyone else? Because everybody can't be in one giant X-force.

I guess we are down 3 X-titles, then.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager
    Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

I know a lot of folks didn't like Wolverine and the X-men, (it had some rough moments) but I'm sad to see it go. I really did enjoy the Hellfire Saga arc. Oya as the Black Queen was good. Plus her and Quire are a couple now! But I hear the series is coming to an end and the students are graduating? Is this true?

Wolverine & the X-Men is being relaunched with a new creative team.

http://www.newsarama.com/19712-wolverine-the-x-men-relaunches-with-focus-on-the-kids.html

Fantomex seems like a weird addition, but I quite like Quire, Oya, and Broo, and it looks like Armor will be in it too, so I'm curious to check it out.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Astonishing X-men ended a while ago. Wolverine and the X-men is being relaunched. Legacy is being cancelled, x-factor is being relaunched, and the x-force titles are being cancelled and relaunched as one.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Please, poisonfleur, please do explain in full detail if possible, what you liked about this 'arc'. Emphasis on the second image, clearly conveying a writer's oh so dazzling initiative to have a 14 year old girl sport dominatrix-wear like it was nothing in order to excite the narrative. Then we have her kissing Quentin Quire in that same outfit. Oh, the grossness.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@poisonfleur said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Please, poisonfleur, please do explain in full detail if possible, what you liked about this 'arc'. Emphasis on the second image, clearly conveying a writer's oh so dazzling initiative to have a 14 year old girl sport dominatrix-wear like it was nothing in order to excite the narrative. Then we have her kissing Quentin Quire in that same outfit. Oh, the grossness.

Thing is, if this wasn't in WaTXM and the Hellfire Club wasn't a complete joke, this could have been a good story.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By poisonfleur

@hawk2916 said:

@poisonfleur: How could you possibly like that arc?!!

Let me tell you, I hate-- Hate- *dislike the kid hellfire club. But this story was pretty good. I also like Quire and Idie. So to see them fighting together and have the teachers breaking in to save them and fight against major x-villains like Mystique and Sabretooth. I really enjoyed the arc top to bottom. Plus I like when Idie steps up her game! Both her and Quire are Logan's most personal students.

The arc before that on the other hand-- with Dog and the savage land... Ughh that arc was borrrrrrrrrrinnggg..

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

@ageofhurricane:

1) I am an Idie fan. And I never saw it coming to see her in the Black Queen outfit. It's interesting to watch her go back and forth between good and bad. Plus I am was a happy to see a black woman be the Black Queen. lol

2) I am a fan of Idie and Quire as a couple. I've been waiting a while for this to happen.

3) I liked the contrast between the Jean Grey School and Hellfire School teachers. Some parts I found funny.

4) I loved when the teacher broke into the school to rescue the students. I thought that was a good scene.

5) Also I am happy to see the Kid Hellfireclub gone and defeat. Duces!

6) I found Kade and Quire's rivalry more acceptable than Wolverine and Kade's.

7) I thought Kade liking Idie was surprising and then having her kick his butt was worth the read.

8) As a whole I found the arc cute and still action packed but not as heavy or serious as most X-books. It was my favorite W&tX arc so far. Well this one and the one where Storm joins the school.

I guess I don't like stories most people like. For example my favorites:
    X-treme X-men arc when Storm and Yukio go to S&M Arena with Masqe
    Astonishing X-men arc is Ghost Box & XenoGenesis
    Others I like: Necrosha X, Fall of Mutants, & Worlds Apart

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I'm an Idie fan too, or was, before Aaron got a hold of her and started doing things like this. I feel like she's taken a psychologically unhealthy turn since being enrolled into the JGS and he's pushed her to an unearthly dead-end where she needs to take a major 180 before things go out of hand. I also can't condone a black teenage girl being subject to such dehumanizing acts of...fondling.

It would have been better to have this be an ethereal arc of soul-searching which would delve into the nature of who she is as a person, where she's been and where she would like to go in life. Something that would focus on her going back to her (the motherland) country/hometown and pulling of her own 'The Painted Lady' (see Katara from ATLA if you haven't already) story in which she invokes and assumes herself as the Goddess Oya of which she claims to be. On this journey she could relinquish herself of this one-note 'we're all monsters and we're going to hell' in learning what it means to weild the power and the inherent good/bad/destruction/life that lies within. I'd also have the true Goddess ;) by her side whilst this was going on.

I guess I don't like stories most people like. For example my favorites:

X-treme X-men arc when Storm and Yukio go to S&M Arena with Masqe

Astonishing X-men arc is Ghost Box & XenoGenesis

Others I like: Necrosha X, Fall of Mutants, & Worlds Apart

Loved these two, particularly cause they're seriously pivotal and awesome Storm stories and they had writers like Claremont and bleeding' Warren Ellis on them. They didn't have Aaron :s, but imagine if they did.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poisonfleur

@ageofhurricane:

I heard what you are saying. But when I read Aaron's work, I put myself in a cartoony kind of mindframe. Like Magik school bus meets X-men kind of mood. (I know it sounds silly.) I like the drama with Oya. The only issues I hated was how she would ALWAYS fall back on 'I'm evil and going to hell.' line... and it would postpone her growth till hopefully the next arc... But you can't hate Aaron's Idie too much because:

1) She was given a role & could have easily faded into the background like the rest of Hope's lights. (Especially being religious and black.)
    2) He gave her two & 1/2 love interests. (Quire, Broo, & Kade) And Idie and Quire do make a good couple. It's the main reason I pick up Wolverine and the X-men to read those two.
    3) Memorable moments like when she burned the witch at the circus.
    4) I still liked her brief moment as the Hellfire clubs 3rd Black Queen- Jean, Selene, & Idie. Love all of them.
    5) She did have a nice scene where she caught up with Hope. Those two have a relationship like Jean and Storm-- Like the next generation. I really enjoyed that.

So I do like Aaron. Sure he is no Brian Wood, but the man brings out the best in Quire and Idie. And let's face it-- In his book, Storm and Wolverine got together as a couple-- and I approve of that. They have been so cute lately-- Especially in the first issue of Amazing X-men when they are arguing in the halls.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@poisonfleur: Hear you too. Anyways, Latour's gonna be handling her in the new revamp of WATX and she's thankfully got a pivotal role to the direction of the series (as does Ororo, although i'm still skeptical as to what her footing will be) so one would hope that he doesn't do anything particularly typical or overly cliche.

We'll see, though, we'll see.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Hear you too. Anyways, Asrar's gonna be handling her in the new revamp of WATX and she's thankfully got a pivotal role to the direction of the series (as does Ororo, although i'm still skeptical as to what her footing will be) so one would hope that he doesn't do anything particularly typical or overly cliche.

We'll see, though, we'll see.

OOoooooooooOOOooo Yay!! *Happy Dance* Thanks for telling me this AOH! I've been waiting for Oya and Storm to do some bonding. I see a daughter in her for Storm. But now that we have Kymera-- I guess that would be awkward.. Where is she btw??? Way to go Bendis!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.