Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13404 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men title do you think will be cancelled next?

• 70 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

After hearing that "X-treme X-Men" and "Age of X" are going to be cancelled, what other X-Men titles do you think will be cancelled next and why? I was actually surprised to hear that "X-treme X-Men" is going to be cancelled since it just started at the end of last year.

In my personal opinion, I think that "First X-Men" might be cancelled next since I don't hear too much praise about that series.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

I can't believe First X-Men is still going....

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@judasnixon: I thought that was a limited series or was that the Avengers one?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By judasnixon

Oh yeah... I don't think X-men legacy is going to last to much longer ether. Astonish X-men won't be far behind. Most likely they just reboot those two titles.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By judasnixon
    @Jonny_Anonymous: I think its? Is it me, or is Marvel keeping it a secret what is a mini series, and what's not?
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@judasnixon said:

Oh yeah... I don't think X-men legacy is going to last to much longer ether. Astonish X-men won't be far behind. Most likely they just reboot those two titles.

I think that Astonishing X-Men might linger for awhile because of Northstar's wedding, but yeah, I can see that title going sometime soon.

Avatar image for manbehindthewires
    Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Manbehindthewires

Astonishing has a committed following...although it's one of the one's I'm following and liking, I think it may well be Arena. Hoping All-New sticks around for a while!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Manbehindthewires said:

Astonishing has a committed following...although it's one of the one's I'm following and liking, I think it may well be Arena. Hoping All-New sticks around for a while!

Yeah, I saw the controversy around Avengers Arena, although that's pretty new, so it might stick around for awhile, unless the story lines really upsets the fans.

Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Manbehindthewires

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Manbehindthewires said:

Yeah, I saw the controversy around Avengers Arena, although that's pretty new, so it might stick around for awhile, unless the story lines really upsets the fans.

I like that it's upsetting fans. It's good to see Marvel growing some balls and getting permanent with some of their darlings; even if they're relatively new, un-rooted ones. It's actually really refreshing to read.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By akbogert

@Manbehindthewires: Aye, that's just what Marvel needs. Two huge middle fingers to devoted fans. It'd be stupid for them to actually respect or care about their readers.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Manbehindthewires said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@Manbehindthewires said:

I like that it's upsetting fans. It's good to see Marvel growing some balls and getting permanent with some of their darlings; even if they're relatively new, un-rooted ones. It's actually really refreshing to read.

I wonder if half of these changes will ever stick in the future.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No f***ks will be given if first x-men was cancelled.

Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I think you've missed the point; they're moving the story forward for the sake of their readers. How could they possibly gain a greater emotional response than by putting your characters at terminal risk? I'm already finding myself hugely invested in Deathlocket, someone I knew nothing about 2 months ago, and I already feel genuine dread for her, which makes for an incredible read. Kirkman's been doing it for years on Walking Dead.

I don't know why, but I really think they will....then again, I thought that less than a month ago in The Amazing Spider-Man #700 and we can all see where that's going now...

Avatar image for mysterioususername
    MysteriousUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@Death Certificate said:

I'd like to say this, but with more flowery language.
    akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By akbogert

@Manbehindthewires: Deathlocket didn't exist two months ago. But most of those characters did. Kirkman created those characters; he has license over whether they die (and hey, Hopeless created Deathlocket, so ditto). The people who already cared about these characters don't want to see them die.

But that's an old song and dance, debated to death elsewhere. What really aggravates me is people saying they are deriving pleasure from other people's anger or suffering. That is textbook sadism.

Avatar image for death_certificate
    Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MysteriousUsername said:

@Death Certificate said:

A lack of sympathy will be given for first x-men, should it be called for cancellation.

Better or Worst

Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: well that's not what I meant at all. I'm deriving pleasure from something that's risky and different and makes all readers (including myself) sit outside of their comfort zone. You're willing to see your favorite characters risk their lives every week until it actually occurs to you that they are risking their lives? Bask in it! Enjoy it! It's the evolution of comics; it can make you feel about characters the same way people felt in the Golden and Silver ages, before we became jaded and overly secure about our heroes' futures.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18  Edited By x_29

@judasnixon said:

It ended recently.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Death Certificate said:

@MysteriousUsername said:

@Death Certificate said:

A lack of sympathy will be given for first x-men, should it be called for cancellation.

Better or Worst

I wouldn't be sad to see "First X-Men" go either.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John Valentine

Hopefully Astonishing. That book's a pile of crap.

That will leave us with...

1. Uncanny X-Men Vol 3.
    2. Wolverine and The X-Men
    3. All-New X-Men
    4. X-Men Vol 4.
    5. X-Factor
    6. Cable and The X-Force
    7. Uncanny X-Force Vol 2.
    8. X-Men Legacy
    spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

Is All-New X-men a mini that will continue with Uncanny?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By akbogert

@Manbehindthewires: Whether you meant it or not doesn't change whether you're deriving pleasure from something hurting other people or not. It's one thing to say "I'm enjoying the high stakes, but I wish there were a way to do it without hurting people's emotions." It's quite another to say "I'm enjoying the high stakes, and the fact that this is hurting people's emotions is a good sign." Even if I give you, personally, the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean the former, there are plenty of people saying the latter, and that sickens me. As it turns out, I don't enjoy these books because these characters risk their lives. I don't consider death or "ultimate" stakes fundamental to good action, and I consider them far less fundamental (perhaps even antithetical, as they're prone to misuse) to good storytelling and character development.

Risk, by the way, is only really a useful thing when used in tandem with choice. If I do something risky, I am doing something despite knowing it could end badly because I've decided that the ultimate consequence is worth the potential bad. So yeah, in a sense Marvel is being risky in that it's risking pissing off and/or losing readers, and has decided that's worth it because it might drive sales due to the controversial nature of the book. None of the characters, however, are risking their lives, because none of them had any choice over the situation and can do absolutely nothing to make themselves safe. None of them has a higher goal they are putting themselves in jeopardy for in order to accomplish.

If the evolution of comics is characters who don't want to kill being forced to kill, and kids who want to be safe being forced into death traps, and the only way to make people care about your characters is to physically and psychologically torture them, then we are "evolving" towards extinction.

Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spetsnaz_gru: think it's gonna remain an ongoing and simply pair up with uncanny

Manbehindthewires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: that's assuming that everything goes according to Arcade's plan, which history suggests it wont. Again, I think you're looking at this too terminally. I see it as bringing emotion (positive and negative) back into comics, whereas you, I can only assume, see it as taking the child-friendly, "it'll all go back" safety net away from it. Comics are being written for a more adult audience than ever, and I see this as being part of it. have you discussed this on another thread btw? I'd like to keep talking about it, but don't want to detract from this threads OP.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By akbogert

@Manbehindthewires: Quite fair. I'll shoot you a message.

And in the interest of topic preservation: I don't know whether it will be cancelled next, but I obviously would be thrilled if Arena ceased to exist.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blood1991

Xtreme is being cancelled?! Damn i really liked that book.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@akbogert said:

@Manbehindthewires: Quite fair. I'll shoot you a message.

And in the interest of topic preservation: I don't know whether it will be cancelled next, but I obviously would be thrilled if Arena ceased to exist.

Me too!!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By pixelized

Does Astonishing still come out once ever 6 months or so? I cancelled it long ago in my mind.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@pixelized said:

Does Astonishing still come out once ever 6 months or so? I cancelled it long ago in my mind.

I actually stopped reading Astonishing X-Men when Joss Whedon left.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#30  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@pixelized said:

Me too but I picked it back up to read the "new" and "fresh" team that was assembled. So far in the series, Northstar's wedding was bland and dull, Karma's "half-sister" story was incredibly confusing and boring (not to mention the art was horrendous), and the current story, which involves Warbird, is intriguing but a little lack lusting!! I would do some drastic changes to the roster, keep Cecilia Reyes, Gambit, and Warbird but get rid of Wolverine, Karma, Iceman and Northstar (including his husband!). Instead I'd replace the four I just mentioned with Hepzibah, Warpath, Thunderbird III, and Lifeguard!! It'd bring some fresh faces onto the pages and let other characters shine! Wolverine doesn't have to be in every book, nor does Iceman bring anything (or would lose anything) if taken out of this book. And with the addition of Karma and Northstar, I feel that Marvel played to a hot topic in society nowadays and made this book the unofficial "gay book," because Northstar and Kyle would be on panel, I would cringe, and same goes for Karma. I know being gay is apart of their characters but it's too much!! Lighten up the load, introduce forgotten characters, new concepts, and fresh stories, and this book would be the X-Men's top rated book! Plus so far it hasn't been affected by the Marvel universes continuity so it has an upper hand!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@pixelized said:

Me too but I picked it back up to read the "new" and "fresh" team that was assembled. So far in the series, Northstar's wedding was bland and dull, Karma's "half-sister" story was incredibly confusing and boring (not to mention the art was horrendous), and the current story, which involves Warbird, is intriguing but a little lack lusting!! I would do some drastic changes to the roster, keep Cecilia Reyes, Gambit, and Warbird but get rid of Wolverine, Karma, Iceman and Northstar (including his husband!). Instead I'd replace the four I just mentioned with Hepzibah, Warpath, Thunderbird III, and Lifeguard!! It'd bring some fresh faces onto the pages and let other characters shine! Wolverine doesn't have to be in every book, nor does Iceman bring anything (or would lose anything) if taken out of this book. And with the addition of Karma and Northstar, I feel that Marvel played to a hot topic in society nowadays and made this book the unofficial "gay book," because Northstar and Kyle would be on panel, I would cringe, and same goes for Karma. I know being gay is apart of their characters but it's too much!! Lighten up the load, introduce forgotten characters, new concepts, and fresh stories, and this book would be the X-Men's top rated book! Plus so far it hasn't been affected by the Marvel universes continuity so it has an upper hand!

I think the problem with Astonishing X-Men at the moment is that they are focusing too much on Northstar and not enough on the team dynamics. I think that's why some of the X-Men books are not as memorable as they were years ago because the stories would always focus on one character like "X-Men Legacy" always focused on Rogue and not on the whole team dynamic. That's why I liked Chris Claremont's earlier run on X-Men because he focused so much on the team dynamics.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Skaddix

@John Valentine said:

1. Uncanny X-Men Vol 3.
    3. All-New X-Men
    4. X-Men Vol 4.
    5. X-Factor
    6. Cable and The X-Force
    8. X-Men Legacy

Lol I read all that list except Cable and X-Force

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Veitha

Legacy or Astonishing, if they don't relaunch Astonishing, too, after X-Termination. Maybe they'll add X-Treme roster to Astonishing's one...

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could cancel more than half of them and it wouldn't affect my pull list! There are way too many X-Men (and Avengers) titles out there.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ssejllenrad

A+X... Nyahahaha!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By papad1992

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@pixelized said:

I think the problem with Astonishing X-Men at the moment is that they are focusing too much on Northstar and not enough on the team dynamics. I think that's why some of the X-Men books are not as memorable as they were years ago because the stories would always focus on one character like "X-Men Legacy" always focused on Rogue and not on the whole team dynamic. That's why I liked Chris Claremont's earlier run on X-Men because he focused so much on the team dynamics.

Agreed, but it's also because of who makes up the team!! Not special enough!! That's why I'm saying to restructure the team, take some risks and the book would be a hit!! And u r right about the team dynamics... it's just not found in any team books I read!!

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AgeofHurricane

A big lol to the people who're still pondering whether First X-Men is a mini/ongoing/cancelled or not. An even bigger lol to the OP for hoping that the said title will end some time soon, in addition to that, Avengers Arena isn't even an X-Title, go figure.

Anyways, in a perfect world All New X-Men's concept and everything to culminate from it wouldn't even exist, but alas.

So, i think the only reasonable option would be to settle for the second worst X-Title out atm: Wolverine and The X-Men. I can't even deal with that anymore, if the school manages to reach a third term without anything of paramount importance happening, then everything henceforth won't be canon.

And if Liu can't think of anything more appealing to do with the spare time she's been given, cancel Astonishing X-Men and sail that boat. We don't need incompetent X-Writers anymore.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By chocobojam

I hope that they also restart X-factor to issue # 1. I really love to try that one.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dangallant984

@John Valentine said:

1. Uncanny X-Men Vol 3.
    3. All-New X-Men
    4. X-Men Vol 4.
    5. X-Factor
    6. Cable and The X-Force
    8. X-Men Legacy

which still seems like a lot, to me.

Do we really need two X-forces if Storm has her own team in X-men?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@dangallant984 said:

@John Valentine said:

1. Uncanny X-Men Vol 3.
    3. All-New X-Men
    4. X-Men Vol 4.
    5. X-Factor
    6. Cable and The X-Force
    8. X-Men Legacy

which still seems like a lot, to me.

Do we really need two X-forces if Storm has her own team in X-men?

What's Storm got to do with the redundancy of either X-Force team ?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane: oh, I thought she was leading Uncanny X-force.. that's all.

I was going to read it to see what she's up to, and I still might, but I'm way more interested in seeing her lead the actual X-men.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@dangallant984: Eh, Co-leading. While Psylocke also co-leads on X-Men, the official power couple are shutting it down.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By dangallant984

@AgeofHurricane said:

@dangallant984: Eh, Co-leading. While Psylocke also co-leads on X-Men, the official power couple are shutting it down.

ha! Good!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@papad1992 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@pixelized said:

Agreed, but it's also because of who makes up the team!! Not special enough!! That's why I'm saying to restructure the team, take some risks and the book would be a hit!! And u r right about the team dynamics... it's just not found in any team books I read!!

I agree! You need some really good characters to pull off a really good book!

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#45  Edited By RawrImADragon

I really hope Astonishing doesn't get axed and if it does I hope they relaunch it. I've been following the series for a while and though it's been been hit or miss as of late, it really does have great potential.

I have a feeling that only one of the X-Force books stick around. I don't think Marvel will keep it at two because that's splitting the base of fans of X-Force who may not able to pick up both. It's hard to tell which one will get the boot seeing as how Uncanny has yet to be released but if it's half as good as Remender's run, CaXF will need to step it up to stay relevant.

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#46  Edited By MatKrenz

@chocobojam: How about a big fat NO and go back and read the trades to catch up. You wont be disappointed.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think the next X-Men book that might be cancelled might be whichever X-men book is not directly focused on the main plot, although that never really stopped Marvel before and it would all come down to sales in the long run.

Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Simpson

Astonishing will probably go.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think "X-Men Legacy" will get the axe next.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By poisonfleur

@x_29 said:

@judasnixon said:

It ended recently.

Thank God!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.