Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men couple do you want to stay together permanently?

• 51 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

After so much turmoil with these couples in the X-Men universe, which couples do you think should get married or stay together forever if the writers stop breaking them up?

Angel/Psylocke

Colossus/Shadowcat

Cyclops/Jean Grey

Cyclops/Emma Frost

Gambit/Rogue

Magneto/Rogue

There's more but I can't think of anymore right now, but feel free to post some more couples and explain why they should be together forever.

Personally, I think Colossus and Shadowcat should be together forever because they have died for each other so many times in the past and I think they are to that point in their relationship where they are understanding each other. Also, I loved the pairing between Rogue and Gambit especially built on the fact that Gambit didn't care about Rogue's powers early on. Now if the writers just let these couples stay together, they will be fine...

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Burnstar1230

I would have to say Colossus and Shadowcat out of everyone else that I can think of. I never liked Cyclops with Jean because I felt he was always so protective of her and 'taking charge' of her to the point that she didn't get to express herself as much as I felt she could. He does the same thing with Emma, but at least she talks back to him. Magneto and Rogue didn't feel right since I always saw Rogue as being a bit younger than Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, Mag's kids, and now I relate that to Hulk Hogan and the twenty something women he has been with after his divorce. Gambit and Rogue is pretty good but I can't see Gambit settling down and starting a family. Right now, I wouldn't say Angel and Psylocke due to the events in X-Force. Storm and Forge could've worked, but I think there would've been some trouble in the long run.

0xymoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By 0xymoron

Colossus and Shadowcat. I think they are the cutest couple that the X-Men offer at the moment.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Piotr and Kitty without a doubt.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

Kitty/Colossus, if they had to be permanent. But if I were deciding a couple to stay together for 20 years or so, Gambit and Rogue definitely. Definitely.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Cyclops and Emma.  

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SC  Moderator

None, because here's the thing? Writers change and so do characters and sometimes its for the better and sometimes its for the worse and so a more pressing question for me, is which writer is immortal and always going to be writing the characters and then... otherwise, don't want any of them to be binded/bound in such a way. 

VesKaGan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By VesKaGan

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

Cyclops and Emma.

This.

davelecave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By davelecave

@The Dark Huntress said:

Piotr and Kitty without a doubt.

Yup.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@0xymoron: I agree!!! The cutest couple ever!!!!

@SC: I agree about which writers should write these characters because for some reason, they like the break up couples for no logical reason other than to cause drama in the story. Personally, I find it a bit annoying because either they want these couples to be together or not. A good example of the perfect relationship shown from these couples was from Joss Whedon's run of "Astonishing X-Men" when he wrote both Emma and Scott and Kitty and Colossus fighting occasionally with each other, but it shows that they truly cared about each other.

0xymoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 0xymoron

@Rabbitearsblog: Scott and Emma are absolutely boring. I'm ready for them to call it quits, Scott doesn't deserve Emma, let alone any woman. Far as Rogue and Gambit go...I mean c'mon people, she can't even make up her mind whether or not she likes the cradle-snatcher or the swamp-rat. Though to be honest with you I don't understand what they see in Rogue, she could certainly pass for a butch.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @lykopis said:

Angel/Psylocke:

Almost a mute point considering what's happening in X-Force. But no - there's history but not enough to keep it going. Too many things going on right now for it to work. Pyslocke should be on her own for a while.

Colossus/Shadowcat:

My favourite out off them all. It's like - enough already. Can they PLEASE get married now?

Cyclops/Jean Grey:

Words ALMOST fail except for two...H#LL NO.

Cyclops/Emma Frost:

I like them. Complicated, I get p*ssed sometimes, but it works. I'm just crossing my fingers that the writers don't screw them up....

Gambit/Rogue:

***sigh*** I love them. I really do. Followed them for a long time - what a roller coaster - too many moments of realization - too many moments of "it was always YOU, it can ONLY be you" only to have Rogue fly off. I would love for Rogue to be alone, Gambit to be alone and Magneto be alone, but some casual dating on the side. This supposed triangle is annoying.

Magneto/Rogue:

See above. This is most emphatically a NO.

(IMHO)

They will. It's an unfortunate certainty. Death, taxes and bad Marvel writing. 
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

Angel/Psylocke:

Almost a mute point considering what's happening in X-Force. But no - there's history but not enough to keep it going. Too many things going on right now for it to work. Pyslocke should be on her own for a while.

Colossus/Shadowcat:

My favourite out off them all. It's like - enough already. Can they PLEASE get married now?

Cyclops/Jean Grey:

Cyclops/Emma Frost:

I like them. Complicated, I get p*ssed sometimes, but it works. I'm just crossing my fingers that the writers don't screw them up....

Gambit/Rogue:

***sigh*** I love them. I really do. Followed them for a long time - what a roller coaster - too many moments of realization - too many moments of "it was always YOU, it can ONLY be you" only to have Rogue fly off. I would love for Rogue to be alone, Gambit to be alone and Magneto be alone, but some casual dating on the side. This supposed triangle is annoying.

Magneto/Rogue:

(IMHO)

They will. It's an unfortunate certainty. Death, taxes and bad Marvel writing.

Yeah. Bad Writing always ruin these couples....

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By chalkshark

Havok & Polaris. They chose to be with each other, rather than stick it out with the X-Men. Granted this relegated them to guest star status, on the rare occasion when they made an appearance, but I always kind of liked the idea of this mutant couple going off to live their lives, far away from "good mutants vs. evil mutants". Sure, the war eventually ended up on their doorstep, forcing Havok to re-up with the X-Men, but they had a good 10 years (real time) away from it all.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

I think the best thing for these couples to have a happy relationship is if they stayed away from the mainstream universe for awhile and have their own little miniseries that would allow for the writers to develop more on their characters since obviously what is happening in the mainstream universe is that it's all about shocking the audience and more action scenes rather than developing the characters.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm and Wolverine

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

haven't all of the sex-men been with one another at least once?

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Renee

Colossus and Kitty. <3

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#19  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

Cyclops and Emma, though Kitty and Colossus are also close to my heart.

Here's another one nobody has mentioned yet: Beast and Abigail Brand! :P

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Oh yeah! I forgot about Beast and Abigail Brand! I wonder how they are doing...

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By jrock85

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@lykopis said:

Angel/Psylocke:

Colossus/Shadowcat:

Cyclops/Jean Grey:

Cyclops/Emma Frost:

Gambit/Rogue:

Magneto/Rogue:

(IMHO)

They will. It's an unfortunate certainty. Death, taxes and bad Marvel writing.

LMAO

Avatar image for apatheticavenger
    ApatheticAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#22  Edited By ApatheticAvenger

@Rabbitearsblog: You see them in X-Men: Regenesis, they certainly appear to be doing well (as in, Beast's about to hop into bed with her after making phone calls to Wolverine and Cyclops).

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Well, I wouldn't like any couple to stay together "permanently", but I would like many of these couple to catch a break. I would also like like for Marvel to realize that bringing characters together, keeping them apart, and breaking them apart of a regular basis just for the heck of it doesn't build up suspension. It becomes as tedious as having them steadily together in a conflict-free relationship all the time. What's really interesting in my opinion is seeing how characters who are attracted to or in love with each other react to each other in different situations, and how their relationship is affected by changes in their lives. You know, human drama. Editorial decisions to make and break couple are usually annoying.

Anyways.

Angel/Psylocke

Judging by what's happening in the Uncanny X-Force right now, there ain't gonna be sunshine and flowers left for these guys. I really like this couple, but I actually find them to be more interesting now when everything is horribly tragic. I'm not sure how interesting they are when they're happy.

Colossus/Shadowcat

Out of all X-Men couples, I think these guys deserve a break the most. They have barely had any time to just be happy together since there's always something keeping them apart. I think they work like magic when they're happy together so I don't think the relationships needs constant angst and obstacles in order to stay fresh and interesting.

Cyclops/Jean Grey

I think Cyclops/Jean Grey should be over and done with. I think it would only be appropriate if they had to deal with some lingering feelings if and when she comes back, but other than that I really, really think that this couple has already run its course.

Cyclops/Emma Frost

I kind of like and dislike this couple at the same time. A part of me wants to see Emma with someone like Magneto, or going solo instead, because I've always felt like Scott is not the ideal man for her. On the other hand, the reason this couple is so interesting is because at first glance they seemed so mismatched, and yet they've managed to bring out hidden sides in each other. It's definitely one of the most interesting X-Men couples. Either way, I still wouldn't be too sad if this couple eventually breaks up.

Gambit/Rogue

I'm a diehard fan of this couple and I'm always hoping that they'll get back together. There's so much history and great moments between them that I don't think it could ever be entirely satisfying to see them with other people. I do wish that these guys would be together, but lately I've began to wonder if it's possible for them to pick up where they left off anymore, considering that Rogue has been bumping uglies with Magneto after hearing Gambit basically confess his eternal love and devotion for her, and she hasn't even been particularly discreet about it even though Gambit is on the same team with them. I'm not sure if it's possible for them to get back together after somnething like that without sacrificing Gambit's dignity. My first and foremost concern is that my favourite character Gambit doesn't have to be the fool in this mess all the time, so if Rogue/Magneto is going to be a thing from now on, I'd just prefer him to move on instead of being hung up on Rogue.

Magneto/Rogue

No. This couple just doesn't do it for me at all. It's not just because I like Gambit/Rogue too much, but because it's just impossible for me to buy the idea that these two could have genuine feelings for each other, and I don't think the relationship flatters either one of one these great characters. After countless issues of build-up in X-Men: Legacy, it still feels incredibly forced and not the slightest bit interesting. The only reason I've kept up with the title is because I'm waiting for someone (Mike Carey, I'm looking at you!) to come into their senses and end the madness before it's too late. But that's just wishful thinking, I guess. Looks like Marvel is smiling upon this couple right now. Ugh.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Magneto/Rogue

No. This couple just doesn't do it for me at all. It's not just because I like Gambit/Rogue too much, but because it's just impossible for me to buy the idea that these two could have genuine feelings for each other, and I don't think the relationship flatters either one of one these great characters. After countless issues of build-up in X-Men: Legacy, it still feels incredibly forced and not the slightest bit interesting. The only reason I've kept up with the title is because I'm waiting for someone (Mike Carey, I'm looking at you!) to come into their senses and end the madness before it's too late. But that's just wishful thinking, I guess. Looks like Marvel is smiling upon this couple right now. Ugh.

I can't see why Marvel decided to put these two together. I can never really see Magneto hooking up with someone so much younger than he is. I don't know why they never thought about hooking Magneto up with Mystique, she's more closer to his age (I think).

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By butterflykyss

This wasn't an option because one of the characters is not an X-MEN, but I couldn't resist:

O'RORO and T'Challa!!!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@butterflykyss said:

This wasn't an option because one of the characters is not an X-MEN, but I couldn't resist:

O'RORO and T'Challa!!!!

Oh yeah! They should put T'Challa in an X-Men book!

Ouija

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ouija

Lorna & Alex

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By butterflykyss

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@butterflykyss said:

O'RORO and T'Challa!!!!

Oh yeah! They should put T'Challa in an X-Men book!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@MyraMyraMyra said:

Well, I wouldn't like any couple to stay together "permanently", but I would like many of these couple to catch a break. I would also like like for Marvel to realize that bringing characters together, keeping them apart, and breaking them apart of a regular basis just for the heck of it doesn't build up suspension. It becomes as tedious as having them steadily together in a conflict-free relationship all the time. What's really interesting in my opinion is seeing how characters who are attracted to or in love with each other react to each other in different situations, and how their relationship is affected by changes in their lives. You know, human drama. Editorial decisions to make and break couple are usually annoying.

I agree. I usually don't like it whenever the editors always want to break the couples apart for no reason except to create drama, but that just becomes so annoying so fast.

Avatar image for infinityomelette
    InfinityOmelette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By InfinityOmelette

@ApatheticAvenger said:

Beast and Brand. Are they still dating these days?

OldManJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OldManJoe

I'm going to go with some of the younger x-men and say that X-23 and Hellion should just get together already. Then we can worry about them staying together.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ssejllenrad

Cable/Domino

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By fodigg
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@ssejllenrad said:

Cable/Domino

Cable is such an interesting character! Isn't he coming back in the comics?

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By buttersdaman000

Scott and Emma 
    F#CK NAMOR!!!!!

tsorfamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tsorfamme

Kitty and Colossus, Havok and Polaris

Most wanted break-up: Magneto and Rouge (I'm surprised Marvel allowed it)

Likely to break-up next year... I'm thinking Scott and Emma (I've got a hunch)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#38  Edited By time1

I think

Rogue and Gambit, should get back together and stay together, have a family or find a way to settle down. There far more interesting than any other couple in comics.

Emma and Scott. No, they shouldn't stay together, over the last couples years they have been pretty boring, then there is the rubbish the writers made up, that Scott taken advantage of Emma Frost. The biggest load of rubbish, I've ever seen. How is he taking advantage of her ?

Kitty and Colossus, not the most interesting couple I've ever seen in X-Men, they are cute couple and should stay together.

Jean and Scott. I have always prefer Jean and Scott instead of Emma and Scott, three main reasons. I'm not a huge fan of Emma and never will be and I'm a fan of Jean, she one of my favorite characters. I also prefer Cyclops, when he was with Jean, I liked him more back then, now he just a jerk . Do I think they should reunite, yes, not right away though, he doesn't deserve her. Jean and Scott, have been through so much together and in the next couple years I don't see Scott staying with Emma, not if Jean comes back.

Psylocke and Angel. No, I don't seem them staying together, I like them as couple, although I prefer Psylocke to hook up with someone esle, maybe Gambit. Anyway, Psylocke is more interesting being single then being in the relationship.

Rogue & Magneto, I do like them a lot, there a very interesting couple, but they shouldn't stay together, she belongs with Gambit and he should find someone his own age. Magneto will be returning to his villian days soon and I hear he will be putting the brotherhood back together too. That says goodbye to him and Rogue.

I would like to Jean and Logan be together, get together for a year or two and with the X-Men dividing up, Jean may join Logan side and then maybe there hook up. In a perfect world, we have Jean and Logan and Emma and Scott together in comics at the same time and add to that, Rogue and Gambit together again. I would like to see more of Hellion and X-23, I would like writers to explore there relationship abit more.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dernman

Angel/Psylocke: No they had their thing and it's time for them to move on. Hopefully Psylocke doesn't move on to Fantomex

Colossus/Shadowcat: Never really done it for me as a couple

Cyclops/Jean Grey: Maybe before he made his huge character change but not any longer.

Cyclops/Emma Frost: I can see them getting married but I can also see them getting a divorce and her becoming the worst Ex Wife in history.

Gambit/Rogue: What makes them good to me is that they can't get together even though they want too.

Magneto/Rogue: Should never have happened.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Ryonslaught

Cyclops and Emma! :)

Ive outgrown Kitty and colossus....but can't see Peter with anyone else! XD

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By Kallarkz

Cyclops and Emma for sure.

Avatar image for nightwalkerrevan
    NightwalkerRevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NightwalkerRevan

@Rabbitearsblog:

Angel/Psylocke:

Given what's about to happen I guess they won't be. I've always been on the fence with them, if (and when) he comes back, and they get together I won't be bothered about it. But then I won't mind much if they don't either.

Colossus/Shadowcat:

In favour of them working out, it just has such history behind it now. They didn't seem to fully break up in Regensis so lets hope they can work it out.

Cyclops/Jean Grey:

Hell no, she'd have to be a walking doormat to get back together with him.

Cyclops/Emma Frost:

Complicated, and he's more interesting with her then he ever was with Jean. However is she better of with him, it certainly wouldn't hurt to do some shaking up in their relationship (after-all, I think it works best for them).

Gambit/Rogue:

The writers need to decide for good what to do here, either get them together for good, or not. Let them get over the angst please.

Magneto/Rogue:

Ugghhh, this pair is just yuck, I hope the writers end it soon. I wish to move on to pretending it never happened as soon as possible :)

ranvage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ranvage

Wolverine and jean grey.

Avatar image for lectriccolossus
    lectriccolossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lectriccolossus

Well thats an easy one Colossus and Kitty & Gamibit and Rogue

shrmntnk62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By shrmntnk62

Havok & Polaris

KDarkholme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By KDarkholme

Colossus and Kitty

Gambit and Rogue

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@NightwalkerRevan said:

@Rabbitearsblog:

Angel/Psylocke:

Given what's about to happen I guess they won't be. I've always been on the fence with them, if (and when) he comes back, and they get together I won't be bothered about it. But then I won't mind much if they don't either.

Colossus/Shadowcat:

In favour of them working out, it just has such history behind it now. They didn't seem to fully break up in Regensis so lets hope they can work it out.

Cyclops/Jean Grey:

Hell no, she'd have to be a walking doormat to get back together with him.

Cyclops/Emma Frost:

Complicated, and he's more interesting with her then he ever was with Jean. However is she better of with him, it certainly wouldn't hurt to do some shaking up in their relationship (after-all, I think it works best for them).

Gambit/Rogue:

The writers need to decide for good what to do here, either get them together for good, or not. Let them get over the angst please.

Magneto/Rogue:

Ugghhh, this pair is just yuck, I hope the writers end it soon. I wish to move on to pretending it never happened as soon as possible :)

I'm glad that Colossus and Shadowcat didn't seem to fully break up in Regenesis. I just hope that they really get back together soon. I also want Rogue and Gambit to get back together. I don't know why they did the whole Magneto/Rogue thing in the first place.

FatBono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FatBono

Professor Xavier and Magneto.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thunderscream

Wolverine & Domino

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CATPANEXE

I just want Warpath and Hepzibah back together. I miss the animal intensity that was boiling between them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.