Which X-Men comics won awards?

#1 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know which X-Men comics had won awards over the years, whether it came from the 70s through the current years?  I was looking at some other comic books that were either nominated or won the Eisner Awards (Invincible, Locke and Key) and I was wondering if any of the X-Men comics ever won any kind of award over the years?

#2 Posted by Werupenstein (37 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Werupenstein (37 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure no x-men related book has ever won a literary award, these are just a list of ones that may have qualified/been runners up.

#5 Posted by EnlloLeal (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Astonishing X-Men, by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday won the 2006 Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@EnlloLeal said:

Astonishing X-Men, by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday won the 2006 Eisner Award for Best Continuing Series

That's great! I can't believe I overlooked that!
#7 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

@Werupenstein said:

I don't think any have won awards these would have been the only ones that would qualify

God loves,man kills

X-Men: Lifedeath

X-Men: Vignettes (these are amazing, my favorite x-men stories bar none)

Maybe Havok & Wolverine- Meltdown

Lifedeath!!

I just ordered that on ebay. I can't wait to read it. :)

Lifedeath sounds interesting! I'll have to check it out!
 
Here are some X-Men titles that I think should have won some awards:
 
God Loves Man Kills
The Dark Phoenix Saga 
Days of Future Past
#9 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Factor has won a GLAAD award.

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@Madame_Mist said:

X-Factor has won a GLAAD award.

Oh! That's interesting!  The old X-Factor or the recent one?
#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

#12 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

I definitely agree with this!
#13 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

I definitely agree with this!

Don't hate me for saying this.

I read God loves Man Kills.. and it was kinda bore for me. Maybe because I have read and seen all the redone versions of this story before actually reading this original one.

Hopefully Lifedeath does the trick for me. :)

#14 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio
@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

I definitely agree with this!

Don't hate me for saying this.

I read God loves Man Kills.. and it was kinda bore for me. Maybe because I have read and seen all the redone versions of this story before actually reading this original one.

Hopefully Lifedeath does the trick for me. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the other stories they did after God Loves Man Kills. I haven't actually read the newer stories on God Loves Man Kills, just the original one, but hopefully Lifedeath will be a good read!
#15 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

I definitely agree with this!

Don't hate me for saying this.

I read God loves Man Kills.. and it was kinda bore for me. Maybe because I have read and seen all the redone versions of this story before actually reading this original one.

Hopefully Lifedeath does the trick for me. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the other stories they did after God Loves Man Kills. I haven't actually read the newer stories on God Loves Man Kills, just the original one, but hopefully Lifedeath will be a good read!

Yes, I saw X2 before reading the book and read other stories where Stryker tells how mutants are evil and tries to break the x-men. Thats probably why the story didn't have such a strong effect on me.

Can't wait for lifedeath. It should be in the mail today!! :D

#16 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5835 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Just putting this out there - God Loves Man Kills along with Lifedeath are arguably some of the best and most classic X-Stories ever told.

I definitely agree with this!

Don't hate me for saying this.

I read God loves Man Kills.. and it was kinda bore for me. Maybe because I have read and seen all the redone versions of this story before actually reading this original one.

Hopefully Lifedeath does the trick for me. :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the other stories they did after God Loves Man Kills. I haven't actually read the newer stories on God Loves Man Kills, just the original one, but hopefully Lifedeath will be a good read!

Yes, I saw X2 before reading the book and read other stories where Stryker tells how mutants are evil and tries to break the x-men. Thats probably why the story didn't have such a strong effect on me.

Can't wait for lifedeath. It should be in the mail today!! :D

That's great! I hope you enjoy it! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.