Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men comics features the cartoon cast?

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brad387

Which series features the X-Men team from the animated show of the 1990s, or at least as close as the comics come to it if not? Gambit, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, Storm, Beast and Professor X are, from my childhood, the true X-Men team.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now, I'd say it's easier than ever to get into the X-Men. You can start with All-New, Uncanny, Wolverine and, and the new Amazing X-Men.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You should start with Amazing X-Men, as it features the return of Nightcrawler

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By _Gaff_

I am in the same boat as you. I wanted to get into X-Men so i read Dark Phoenix Saga and Days Of Future Past. Now I want to read God Loves Man Kills but i can't find it anywhere :( Same goes for Mutant Massacre

I could skip ahead but I'm committed to reading the early stuff first.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

I am in the same boat as you. I wanted to get into X-Men so i read Dark Phoenix Saga and Days Of Future Past. Now I want to read God Loves Man Kills but i can't find it anywhere :( Same goes for Mutant Massacre

Go to Amazon.com. Also, if you have a comic store near you, it is possible that they have these in their X-Men Graphic Novel section.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_ said:

Go to Amazon.com. Also, if you have a comic store near you, it is possible that they have these in their X-Men Graphic Novel section.

I have 2 Comic shops in the town where I go to school. Neither one has it. I don't trust Amazon unless its an ebook.

On the upside, one of the comic shop owners told me he might could get it if its still in print. I'm not sure if it is or not but maybe I can get it that way.

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brad387

@maddpanda531: Is Amazing X-Men (the new series) even out yet? I never saw it on the Marvel website.

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brad387

@_gaff_ said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

@_gaff_ said:

I have 2 Comic shops in the town where I go to school. Neither one has it. I don't trust Amazon unless its an ebook.

On the upside, one of the comic shop owners told me he might could get it if its still in print. I'm not sure if it is or not but maybe I can get it that way.

Have you considered Comixology? I actually don't know of any local comic shops, so tend to purchase them digitally through there. To some, a physical copy is better, but I'm not a collector. I only want to enjoy the stories, which buying digital does not stop.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_gaff_: Did you have a bad experience with Amazon, or something? As much as I dislike them, preferring to give my business to a local store, I've never had a problem getting graphic novels or trade paperbacks from them.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: Charged my twice for one thing. But its more than that, i don't trust mail delivery in general. My family has lost some important stuff through the mail.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@brad387 said:

@maddpanda531: Is Amazing X-Men (the new series) even out yet? I never saw it on the Marvel website.

it comes out tomorrow.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brad387: It comes out tomorrow. I am very excited.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@oldnightcrawler is the guy you go to for all things X-Men. There is no one better as far as I know.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@oldnightcrawler is the guy you go to for all things X-Men. There is no one better as far as I know.

hey, thanks for noticing :v

although, I have to admit, I'm still waiting to hear from some others on this topic. Despite having read almost every X-men comic, I've read very few of their solo series, including, surprisingly, Nightcrawler's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@brad387: Never try to get into a fandom as large and confusing as the X-men by focusing on only one character. You miss out on so much of the big picture that way.

That being said, it doesn't mean that you shouldn't pick your titles according to the characters you like. For Nightcrawler, I'd say try getting your hands on some Excalibur (1st and 2nd runs, I think), the main Uncanny title (especially after Second Genesis, where he joined the team), and go from there. Miniseries can sometimes be hard to find, so if you can find Nightcrawlers', by all means get it, just don't expect it to be really easy to track down.

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Brad387

Which series features the X-Men team from the animated show of the 1990s, or at least as close as the comics come to it if not? Gambit, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Jubilee, Rogue, Storm, Beast and Professor X are, from my childhood, the true X-Men team.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@brad387: The closest I can think of is the "Mutant Genesis" story arc. It shouldn't be hard to find a TPB of it.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brad387 said:

Sorry to break this to you but jean grey has been dead for almost 10 years(not including phoenix endsong)

But the o5 are back from the past brought to the future which is the x-men's present and yes it has teen jean grey :) in all-new x-men<--the one i buy the most

My favorite x-men is jean grey and i also loved the 90's tv show(i have the whole dvd collection)

cyclops is in uncanny. Gambit had his own comicbook but it got cancellled, Wolverine had alot of books and on the Avengers team, Jubliee is in x-men an all female x-men book and had an adopted babyboy, Rogue was in x-men but is mostly seen in uncannny avengers(which is a book with x-men and avengers on the same side), Storm is in x-men and amazing x-men(sometimes in wolverine and the x-men) Beast is recently in amazing x-men(also sometimes in wolverine and the x-men) and sadly professor X is dead at the hands of a crazy cyclops turned dark phoenix mode(also cyclops broke out of jail and is on the run)

Brad387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brad387 said:

Sorry to break this to you but jean grey has been dead for almost 10 years(not including phoenix endsong)

But the o5 are back from the past brought to the future which is the x-men's present and yes it has teen jean grey :) in all-new x-men<--the one i buy the most

My favorite x-men is jean grey and i also loved the 90's tv show(i have the whole dvd collection)

cyclops is in uncanny. Gambit had his own comicbook but it got cancellled, Wolverine had alot of books and on the Avengers team, Jubliee is in x-men an all female x-men book and had an adopted babyboy, Rogue was in x-men but is mostly seen in uncannny avengers(which is a book with x-men and avengers on the same side), Storm is in x-men and amazing x-men(sometimes in wolverine and the x-men) Beast is recently in amazing x-men(also sometimes in wolverine and the x-men) and sadly professor X is dead at the hands of a crazy cyclops turned dark phoenix mode(also cyclops broke out of jail and is on the run)

I'm going to read X-Men: First Class. I hear it's good and also a great way to get to know the original X-Men characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@brad387 said:

Like someone already said, Mutant Genesis is fairly close to that team. Also, since the cartoon is mostly based on the Claremont/Lee run of X-men, you could get the two omnibus volumes of the Claremont/Lee run.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.