Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13409 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men character should take this pose next?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Which X-Men character should take this pose next?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I personally would like to see either Colossus or Storm take up this stance!

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Djainess

Ha funny question :p. Bit as wolverine was some kind of mentor to kitty, I'd say jubilee, armor or x-23

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think it needs to be someone who usually wouldn't be so aggressive, to keep in the spirit of Kitty following in Wolvie's footsteps. Jubilee could be fun.

Oh, Dazzler! Haha, it would be in keeping with what's happened to her and make up for not explaining her drastic change in appearance from one issue to the next. Make this happen, Bendis.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle

Sebastian Shaw made this homage when he escaped Avengers custody.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Dazzler, Magma, Richter, or Cannonball would be nice.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rodwell

@djainess: I agree with you jubilee or x23 would be good. I was wondering tho is his relationship with armour only in astonishing xmen or does it appear any where else? As it was a bit short lives to me

Maybe Quintin after his mentor relationship in watxm as that's still on going now

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would have rather Dazzler be thrown in this stance as opposed to her butchering her hair and clothes. This would have been the perfect moment to reference this seen but we got stuck with angry Emo hipster.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cyclops: When the Phoenix comes back (We all know it will), he can do that pose and instead of his left? arm forward, it can be the visor and he can say that dialogue!!!

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Djainess

@rodwell said:

@djainess: I agree with you jubilee or x23 would be good. I was wondering tho is his relationship with armour only in astonishing xmen or does it appear any where else? As it was a bit short lives to me

Maybe Quintin after his mentor relationship in watxm as that's still on going now

Well it's mostly in astonishing, not a lot of writers seemed to be very interested in using her as a character. Which is too bad I think. But did you ever read Wolverine and the X-men: Alpha and Omega? It's a series mainly starring Wolverine and Armor (and Quire), and their relationship really gets the foreground in it, on top of that it's a great read.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Cutter

I will say either Colossus or Cyclops.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djainess: ive not read it, what is it about story line wise? and what would you review it as?

Djainess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell: Ok here goes:

The story starts out with Quire watching Wolvie and Armor sparring together. As usual he decides he has to be an annoying bastard, but he also wants to test the borders of his abilities. So he creates some kind of virtual world with his mind and traps both Wolverine and Armor in it. Wolverine and Armor don't remember anything, even that they are mutants. So Quire kind of controls them in the virtual world and a lot of cool stuf happens (also in the real world actually). I won't go to far into the story as to not spoil too much for you, but I you really want to know the rest of the story, just ask and I'll spoil it anyway :p.

As for a review: It's a 5 issue miniseries written by Wood, which is good because I didn't really like Aarons work. I really liked the art too (but I don't really remember the artist, shame on me). It's a good story, with good pacing and some good character moments between Wolvie and Armor. Overal I'd say the series should be rated 4.5 out of 5 stars.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: It's really a shame. Writers just don't know what to do with Alison. I think they don't know how to handle characters that aren't emo or angsty.

rodwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djainess: @phoenixofthetides: I agree, writers have struggled with dazzler, the only time when she got on my radar was the Australia period and there is a cool story where she takes on juggernaut (i really liked that). That being said she has never stood out as a character to make it into my top 10 or anything like that. I think I like her more just because of the fact she has been around for so long and so shares the x-history with other characters rather than her characterization. I think her power can be made to be cool too, and I liked the issue where she is at gold balls house in bendis uncanny and she uses a flash grenade, I can still picture those people out side the house including a dog go flying across the street at the windows burst out.

Also thanks for review it does sound interesting, im gonna look into it. maybe pick it up cheap on amazon or something, i picked up endangered spicies for 99p off ebay and 99p postage. so like 3 dollers

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rodwell: I think one possible direction for her would be to actually become an attorney with a passion for singing, and then she could be the team's She-Hulk/legal expert. There are a number of hurdles for the character to become more popular, but giving her another character beat besides liking to sing would be a step in the right direction.

Her current look is just so tired looking. It's a similar critique that I have anytime a creator goes back to Storm's mohawk days. But I don't see this is being viable for Ali, mainly because the Ultimate X-Men tried that direction, and all it got her was drowned.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

I will say either Colossus or Cyclops.

Agree!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops or Havok....lol she probably won't, but Emma could reignite her character if she had a moment like this.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@koays said:

Cyclops or Havok....lol she probably won't, but Emma could reignite her character if she had a moment like this.

Yeah! It would be interesting if Emma took this pose!

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Personally, I think Cyclops and Emma have had enough covers. I'd rather characters who are generally overlooked get this type of moment for thematic purposes. It's hard to believe someone is an underdog who is ready to take it to the limit when they are generally perceived to be an A-lister. Wolverine, in the original storyline, didn't have the reputation he has now, so it was a breakout moment for him. I'd rather another breakout moment be given to a rising star.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides: idk from a story perspective Emma has been through the ringer losing her abilities, being ignored by Cyclops when it comes to leadership and essentially becoming the teams load. As a character/story moment I think it would carry more weight for her then it would for a near A - lister like Magik to have that moment and way more then for a character like Oya (who could also benefit)due to there being more interest in her character.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog said:

@koays said:

Personally, I think Cyclops and Emma have had enough covers. I'd rather characters who are generally overlooked get this type of moment for thematic purposes. It's hard to believe someone is an underdog who is ready to take it to the limit when they are generally perceived to be an A-lister. Wolverine, in the original storyline, didn't have the reputation he has now, so it was a breakout moment for him. I'd rather another breakout moment be given to a rising star.

I agree with this. I would like to see characters who are generally overlooked get this moment like Jubilee, Dazzler, and to a lesser extent Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a shame that Marvel still uses the same poses in the comics. And they suppose to be good artists. I will say either Psylocke or Emma.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Emma. I think i've had enough fugging Cyclops glorification for one decade as it is. This woman has given so much for him with nothing on her end to show for it. This is Emma all over. Emma when she's finally fed up with Scott's banal s*%@ and says goodbye to both him and Bendis.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm or Emma.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.