Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-Men character has been written badly lately?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Rabbitearsblog said:

@Mucklefluga said:

Magneto

Definitely agree with this. Magneto used to be one of the most powerful characters in the X-Men universe and now, they keep on downplaying his powers when he could easily take down the X-Men in the past.

@Skaddix said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

And the sad thing is, X-Men/Security Recon is a book where she actually belongs. If she's just getting shafted into the background or if this isn't just a leave of absence...i REALLY won't be amused. Like seriously, what the hell are Colossus and Pixie doing there anyways ? Only people I actually like on that team as of now are Storm, Betsy and Domino, everyone else = *throws up*

well a teleporter is useful for stealth missions i suppose. personally, i would have used blink though if u need one, kept warpath and lost colossus. pixie gets too much push in my book even when logically it makes no sense.

Even though I love Colossus and Storm, I don't see a reason for them to be in the "X-Men" book when they are in "Uncanny X-Men." I'm just so upset that Warpath and Jubilee got booted off the book when the writers could have explored more with their characters.
    I for one think that Storm deserves that spot of leader of the Security Recon team and a place in that title as well, seeing as how she's Scott's Second in Command and co-leader of the X-Men, she needs her own space and time to shine, not to mention, it's all part of her returning to her former glory, Colossus on the other hand...just isn't needed, Domino even indirectly said that herself. 
    No Caption Provided
    And on the contrary, this is all Gischler's fault, what the hell was he thinking when he brought Colossus in for a stealth team ? -_-.
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @TheGreyOutcastX: One of the things that I hate about the newer X-Men comics is that they are never consistent with how the character is developing and I think the reason why Cyclops' characterization lately is often criticized is because the writers rarely bring up the past actions of Cyclops very often where the fans know what is going on. I kind of miss the whole "See last issue" little tidbits they have in each issue.
    Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rabbitearsblog: I can understand that. But it's also on the readers to look back if they want try to see things as well. Hence why people say House of M, Second Coming, Schism(no so much this one) are required reading for understanding the X-Men side. I'm just tired of people blasting Cyclops by calling him a villain/douche. He's been pushed down this road cause he had to in order to keep the Mutant race alive. There is always two sides of every story.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Rabbitearsblog: I can understand that. But it's also on the readers to look back if they want try to see things as well. Hence why people say House of M, Second Coming, Schism(no so much this one) are required reading for understanding the X-Men side. I'm just tired of people blasting Cyclops by calling him a villain/douche. He's been pushed down this road cause he had to in order to keep the Mutant race alive. There is always two sides of every story.

I agree with this, especially with Schism when he was only trying to state that the mutant race is in danger and now is the time to try to do everything to protect the mutant race.
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rabbitearsblog: I said it in an earlier post. The X-Men have been put into the victim role for the longest time, and Scott finally said, we will never be victims again. That's his rationale for having to become the "douchebag" who had to give up so much to get back so little.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By Inverno

Honestly I am a huge X-Men fan; I have more X-Men titles in my library than all other titles toghether but I think all the X-Men jumped shark with Decimation and after this they never recovered and I kept reading it until Nation X. Since Decimation, the X-Men stopped being heroes and became survivors where more than 90% of their species is gone but I can't blame them when every baseline human in the world want them dead. Ironically enough, their enemies also fell to bad writing. The major instance of bad writing I came across was the setup of Messiah Complex where the Purifiers kills every baby in city in search of the first mutant baby since Decimation. The fact they managed to get away without S.H.I.E.L.D. and the proper authorities in their trials for commiting such horrific insulted my inteligence. Also when William Stryker and the Purifiers attacked the X-Mansion and killed several students, I was baffled with the fact innocent children were killed in cold-blood like Virginia Tech and nobody in the Marvel Universe cared.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @CaioTrubat said:

Honestly I am a huge X-Men fan; I have more X-Men titles in my library than all other titles toghether but I think all the X-Men jumped shark with Decimation and after this they never recovered and I kept reading it until Nation X. Since Decimation, the X-Men stopped being heroes and became survivors where more than 90% of their species is gone but I can't blame them when every baseline human in the world want them dead. Ironically enough, their enemies also fell to bad writing. The major instance of bad writing I came across was the setup of Messiah Complex where the Purifiers kills every baby in city in search of the first mutant baby since Decimation. The fact they managed to get away without S.H.I.E.L.D. and the proper authorities in their trials for commiting such horrific insulted my inteligence. Also when William Stryker and the Purifiers attacked the X-Mansion and killed several students, I was baffled with the fact innocent children were killed in cold-blood like Virginia Tech and nobody in the Marvel Universe cared.

I agree that X-Men jumped the shark the moment that Decimation started because even though the idea of mutants being wiped out was an interesting concept, the way that it was brought out was too abrupt and seem like the stories after wards became badly written.  Also, I'm shocked that half of the Marvel Universe did not seem to care that many mutants (especially the mutant kids) were killed off.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#108  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Skaddix: First off, Cable attacked the Avengers cause he believed that they would prevent Hope from her purpose which they are now trying to do. He was acting as a rogue agent. Hell, Scott tried to release Cap and stop Cable.

Cyclops threatened the Mayor of San Francisco ONLY after she planned to blow up Utopia as a backup plan in case they couldn't stop Kuurth, to sacrifice mutants to save their own skin. The X-Men are always put into the victims role and after Decimation, Scott said no more. We will never be victims again. This is major part of Scott's philosophy now which Gillen (Uncanny X-Men writer) has said repeatedly.

No Caption Provided

Utopia though is considered a sovereign nation (it may not be recognized by other nations) which means Scott can tell Captain America to get off his Island. It's similar to Magneto and Genosha.

Hope is a kid who has more powers than she can really understand, people have tried to kill her since she was a baby, had to her father die (at the time), and she has to live up to concept of saving the mutant race by being the vessel for Phoenix, she has a right to act out given the stress that puts on a young girl. She didn't realize the extent of her control which is why she apologized to her lights and promised to do better. Besides the seeds for Kenji to go evil were already there. Everything else is just your own bias towards the character.

No Caption Provided

Yes, that may be, but remember this is a father who loves his daughter. That's his justification. He was doing all he could to prevent anything from happening to Hope. Was it bad? Yes, cause now the tech he found at the Avengers Mansion in the future is now in the Avengers hands which means he may have led the present to go towards this possible future. But remember Loeb wrote it and it was not a sound idea to begin with.

Yes, but think about it. The X-Men had to pick up the pieces the Avengers left. Osborn forced them onto Utopia and the X-Men stopped the Dark Avengers while they didn't beat them, they stopped them. When Cassandra Nova helped cause the Genocide of Genosha, The Avengers or SHIELD didn't do a thing which is why Scott called Fury on it in Whedon's Astonishing run. The X-Men had to put up with the skrulls, Civil War, Dark Reign, WWH, Hell, Scott has a piece of the Void trapped in a black box in his head cause of all this. The X-Men have to help the Avengers cause they have to deal with the aftermath of all the Avengers's problems, but when the tables are turned, the Avengers rarely if ever help the X-Men. Which is why Scott asked where were you? He meant You not really as just Steve himself, but the Avengers as a whole given that Steve is often considered a symbol for the Avengers as their leader.

No Caption Provided

I'm actually starting to enjoy Cyclops more. He's actually pretty amazing in his delivery with other characters..............and I love that image of him and Captain America.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@White Mage: Someone had to call out Captain America on his crap. xD

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ALdragon17

I think marvel needs a reboot on this, meaning reset some story lines. Oh, keep cycolps out, I never like him in the beginning. Yeah, Rogue w/big hair in all needs her Ms.Marvel power back, ( ah, just make her remember her power and that's it). The thing I never like it when Magus was with Rogue, that made no sense. I think that Storm would be the leader in charge, Wolverine is good as leader for the X-Force. He's the guy to kick down doors, period. Yes, make it was like in the 90s, also keep Psylock and maybe throw in Elektra (in X-Force, cause ninja chicks are cool:)

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Inverno

You can say what you want about comics during the 90s, but they were the best, most awesome time for the X-Men. I miss those days.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@CaioTrubat: And now most of the writers who wrote 90s X-Men and Marvel are with DC.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @ALdragon17 said:

I think marvel needs a reboot on this, meaning reset some story lines. Oh, keep cycolps out, I never like him in the beginning. Yeah, Rogue w/big hair in all needs her Ms.Marvel power back, ( ah, just make her remember her power and that's it). The thing I never like it when Magus was with Rogue, that made no sense. I think that Storm would be the leader in charge, Wolverine is good as leader for the X-Force. He's the guy to kick down doors, period. Yes, make it was like in the 90s, also keep Psylock and maybe throw in Elektra (in X-Force, cause ninja chicks are cool:)

I agree. Marvel needs to reboot these story lines since they are not written very well like they were during the 80s and 90s.
    Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Skaddix

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@Skaddix: First off, Cable attacked the Avengers cause he believed that they would prevent Hope from her purpose which they are now trying to do. He was acting as a rogue agent. Hell, Scott tried to release Cap and stop Cable.

Cyclops threatened the Mayor of San Francisco ONLY after she planned to blow up Utopia as a backup plan in case they couldn't stop Kuurth, to sacrifice mutants to save their own skin. The X-Men are always put into the victims role and after Decimation, Scott said no more. We will never be victims again. This is major part of Scott's philosophy now which Gillen (Uncanny X-Men writer) has said repeatedly.

Utopia though is considered a sovereign nation (it may not be recognized by other nations) which means Scott can tell Captain America to get off his Island. It's similar to Magneto and Genosha.

Hope is a kid who has more powers than she can really understand, people have tried to kill her since she was a baby, had to her father die (at the time), and she has to live up to concept of saving the mutant race by being the vessel for Phoenix, she has a right to act out given the stress that puts on a young girl. She didn't realize the extent of her control which is why she apologized to her lights and promised to do better. Besides the seeds for Kenji to go evil were already there. Everything else is just your own bias towards the character.

Yes, that may be, but remember this is a father who loves his daughter. That's his justification. He was doing all he could to prevent anything from happening to Hope. Was it bad? Yes, cause now the tech he found at the Avengers Mansion in the future is now in the Avengers hands which means he may have led the present to go towards this possible future. But remember Loeb wrote it and it was not a sound idea to begin with.

Yes, but think about it. The X-Men had to pick up the pieces the Avengers left. Osborn forced them onto Utopia and the X-Men stopped the Dark Avengers while they didn't beat them, they stopped them. When Cassandra Nova helped cause the Genocide of Genosha, The Avengers or SHIELD didn't do a thing which is why Scott called Fury on it in Whedon's Astonishing run. The X-Men had to put up with the skrulls, Civil War, Dark Reign, WWH, Hell, Scott has a piece of the Void trapped in a black box in his head cause of all this. The X-Men have to help the Avengers cause they have to deal with the aftermath of all the Avengers's problems, but when the tables are turned, the Avengers rarely if ever help the X-Men. Which is why Scott asked where were you? He meant You not really as just Steve himself, but the Avengers as a whole given that Steve is often considered a symbol for the Avengers as their leader.

does not matter if he was a rogue agent that excuse rarely works besides it was dumb and written by Loeb. The dumbest part being why all the Avengers show up individually pretty much instead of as a team. Cable is proof is weak anyway seeing as he shows up a good deal after all the destruction is done. Especially seeing as he had to capture Avengers for interrogation. So he pretty much just screwed himself and Hope right there.

Another Dumb scene seeing as Mayors have no power to command the US Military. Governor's have the state national guard. Not to mention Scott is going to gamble the whole world on saving mutants so not much better there.

Not really, Genosha not in US territorial waters. Utopia is right in SF Bay, heck u can see the golden gate bridge easily from the island. Not to mention Genosha has some self sufficiency unlike Utopia which has no crops or resources.

How did she not notice the extent it was obvious. It was noted by several characters before. Sure there were seeds for Kenji but just as many for Hope. Bad childhood and running from death is something a lot of mutants had to deal with hardly Hope unique nor did it cause them to do slave labor.

Well We can agree. Loeb sucks.

X-men step up for those because those were global problems. Dark Avengers only happened because the Mutants started rioting and it was not under control. X-men passed on civil war. As for Genosha, that was all Novas fault who is an X-Villain and lets not forget Sentinels only exist because the Hellfire Club led by Shaw bankrolled that little project along with his team causing the Dark Phoenix Problem. The same Shaw who is not sitting in a prison cell where he belongs or getting executed but the one Scott's letting walk around because Hope asked for it.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Skaddix:

1. I never said it was a good story. It was so full of holes, it's not even funny. But that's Loeb for you. Hell, if Thor was there, Cable would have lost as fast as he did to Surfer which Cable got one shotted and was at full power.

2. That may be, but again, she acts a liaison between Utopia, the people of San Fran, and the Government. And again, Utopia is a mutant NATION, and not considered American Soil. It was said so by Osborn in the Dark Avengers/X-Men story. So it may be in the bay, but it's a sovereign nation.

No Caption Provided

3.Slave Labor? She has influence, not total indoctrination. They are not mindless zombies, and they like to challenge her just as much at times. And the image, it shows that Hope isn't totally coping with the stress. She chose to be the soldier cause it was easier. She wanted easy cause everything else is far from that.

4. He sucks now. Early Loeb (90s) was actually good.

5. Not saying it's not Nova's doing. But it showed that the outside community and SHIELD doesn't care enough to lift to a finger to prevent mutant genocide. That the Avengers will not bother to help fight along with the X-men in mutant problems who bleed on the battlefield alongside them. Shaw being out is stupid, I agree. But he also has no memory of his actions, so in the same sense that Angel became Dark Angel and nearly caused massive damage being trying to be the new Apocalypse, Warren who now has no knowledge of his old life is allowed to walk free. Their sins are far apart, but it's the context.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Inverno

@ALdragon17 said:

Agreed but I fear if they do so, it will turn out something like the Ultimate Universe.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Skaddix

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Skaddix:

1. I never said it was a good story. It was so full of holes, it's not even funny. But that's Loeb for you. Hell, if Thor was there, Cable would have lost as fast as he did to Surfer which Cable got one shotted and was at full power.

2. That may be, but again, she acts a liaison between Utopia, the people of San Fran, and the Government. And again, Utopia is a mutant NATION, and not considered American Soil. It was said so by Osborn in the Dark Avengers/X-Men story. So it may be in the bay, but it's a sovereign nation.

No Caption Provided

3.Slave Labor? She has influence, not total indoctrination. They are not mindless zombies, and they like to challenge her just as much at times. And the image, it shows that Hope isn't totally coping with the stress. She chose to be the soldier cause it was easier. She wanted easy cause everything else is far from that.

4. He sucks now. Early Loeb (90s) was actually good.

5. Not saying it's not Nova's doing. But it showed that the outside community and SHIELD doesn't care enough to lift to a finger to prevent mutant genocide. That the Avengers will not bother to help fight along with the X-men in mutant problems who bleed on the battlefield alongside them. Shaw being out is stupid, I agree. But he also has no memory of his actions, so in the same sense that Angel became Dark Angel and nearly caused massive damage being trying to be the new Apocalypse, Warren who now has no knowledge of his old life is allowed to walk free. Their sins are far apart, but it's the context.

Agreed for the most part skip to 3.

She gives the orders and they have to follow it they have no choice to say no that is basically slavery.

Agreed.

I agree but its was my impression Genosha happened pretty quickly and unexpectedly and the Avengers could very well have been doing another mission at the time. Honestly, most assaults are quick jobs. Not to say I think the Avengers should not do more but we also have to remember from the out of universe prospective. People don't want the Avengers always showing up, they want to read the X-men in X-men books. But yes the avengers can give some more speeches and do better.

Not the same at all Warren was mind controlled essentially or possessed. Shaw made all his evil choices on his own free will and not for a higher cause or because of some perceived wrong he did it purely to increase his power and wealth.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Skaddix: Slavery would imply they have no free will which the lights do. They take on Hope's soldier persona when in the heat of battle, they take on her traits, but it's not a total indoctrination cause then Idie who is on the older side of the country should still be under her influence which Wolverine and the X-Men shows she's got her own will. Coercion yes, Manipulation I'll give you, Slavery I feel is reaching for something that isn't quite there. But I guess that's where we agree to disagree.

Yes, I agree they shouldn't always be involved, but they should show some form of empathy for mutants and not be afraid to lend a hand given they have mutants on the freaking team.

Like I said, their sins are far apart. I'm not comparing their actions, I'm comparing that both of them were mindwiped yet still taken back in. Shaw may have not been wanted, but unless he regains his memories (though they hinted that he may when Hope gave him a file) I think he's gonna be in a similar boat to Angel. And Angel is still gonna have a role in X-Force along with Genesis so for all we know they could go dark side again. Similarities in context of their current situation, but that's it.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By John Valentine

@CaioTrubat said:

You can say what you want about comics during the 90s, but they were the best, most awesome time for the X-Men. I miss those days.

Onslaught?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Sling Shot

There is a looooong list

but ima just say Bishop.

I wish Marvel would hire me to retcon re-write, and re-introduce Bishop in a mini-series....because......whew, sheesh, they blew it.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Inverno

@John Valentine: Alright, alright... Excluding Onslaught, Fatal Attractions and Heroes Reborn, the 90s were a good decade for the X-Men.

@Sling Shot: Tell me about it... Kids these days think he is Terminator travelling through time to kill the Messiah :-P

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Skaddix

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Skaddix: Slavery would imply they have no free will which the lights do. They take on Hope's soldier persona when in the heat of battle, they take on her traits, but it's not a total indoctrination cause then Idie who is on the older side of the country should still be under her influence which Wolverine and the X-Men shows she's got her own will. Coercion yes, Manipulation I'll give you, Slavery I feel is reaching for something that isn't quite there. But I guess that's where we agree to disagree.

Yes, I agree they shouldn't always be involved, but they should show some form of empathy for mutants and not be afraid to lend a hand given they have mutants on the freaking team.

Like I said, their sins are far apart. I'm not comparing their actions, I'm comparing that both of them were mindwiped yet still taken back in. Shaw may have not been wanted, but unless he regains his memories (though they hinted that he may when Hope gave him a file) I think he's gonna be in a similar boat to Angel. And Angel is still gonna have a role in X-Force along with Genesis so for all we know they could go dark side again. Similarities in context of their current situation, but that's it.

Okay Agree to Disagree.

True.

My point though is even mindwiped Shaw will eventually revert to evil because he was already evil before. Angel was corrupted, Shaw made his own choices that led to the dark side and I see no reason why he would not go in that direction again.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#123  Edited By ReVamp

I agree with the 90s-2000s sentiment.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @ReVamp said:

Me too.
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@ReVamp said:

Yep!

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@CaioTrubat:

Tribute to Terminator....and Epic Foreshadowing.
    No Caption Provided
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: I can only hope Greg Land didn't 'draw' that image.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry: It was Phil Jimenez

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#129  Edited By lorex

There are alot of things that have been written badly in the last few years: 

- Hope was very underwhelming since she returned from the future. Yes she had a difficult childhood but she was loved and had a normal life at times. Now the only thing that seems to come across is the young soldier with occasional bursts of incredible power.
    - Magneto. Well I am not entirely in favor of him being with the X-Men and would like to see him more as an independent cropping up from time to time.
    - X-Man. Nate finally returns from wherever he has been and he is totally depowered. I call this laziness on the part of the writers. Here is a guy with incredibly powerful abilities both telepathic and telekenectic and now he cannot ues them. I understand a writer not wanting to rely on Nate being the big gun all the time but to not even explore them at all is a copout.
    - Storm joining the Avengers sucks. She is written poorly. Though the writers of he Avengers may be taking their queues fron the X-Men writers cause the writing for her has sucked there too.
    - The young X-Men have been so underutilized most of them could fade away and not be missed they appear so infrequently. Also Hellion being portrayed as a creap I did not like. Yea sure he is a jerk but not the kind of guy lurking in the bushes.
    - The Avengers using characters outside the Avengers is just a stunt to prop up sales. I wonder if Avengers would be as popular if Spiderman and Wolverine were not appearing every month. I doubt it. 
    - The whole May-December relationship between Rogue and Magneto, does anyone else not fine that creepy. Also related to that Gambit has been written poorly lately. He looks pathetic following Rogue around like a puppy. I did like the older brother/mentor role he slid into with Laura.

I am sure there is a whole host of others I am forgetting but these are just the things off the top of my head.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: Sarah Connor...erm Hope Summers? -Riddles with bullets.-

@lorex: I'm with you on pretty much every point! I'd prefer Magneto splitting from Utopia with some of the less committed members of Scott's team. Colossus and Magik come to mind.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry: Does that make Cable Kyle Reese? I always looked at him as John Connor. lol

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: I suppose he'd have to be Kyle Reese. I'm not sure who would be John Connor.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry: But Cable was basically trained to be John Connor.....Holy time-traveler, Batman! xD

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Rickbarry

@TheGreyOutcastX: Wait wait wait. Hope would be John Connor. Bishop would be the T-100. Cable would be Kyle Reese. Now who would be Sarah Connor. Her mother was a fireman, right? I'm fuzzy on her parents.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry: Yes, Louise Spalding was the Fire Fighter. Father is still unknown.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@lorex said:

There are alot of things that have been written badly in the last few years: - Hope was very underwhelming since she returned from the future. Yes she had a difficult childhood but she was loved and had a normal life at times. Now the only thing that seems to come across is the young soldier with occasional bursts of incredible power. - Magneto. Well I am not entirely in favor of him being with the X-Men and would like to see him more as an independent cropping up from time to time. - X-Man. Nate finally returns from wherever he has been and he is totally depowered. I call this laziness on the part of the writers. Here is a guy with incredibly powerful abilities both telepathic and telekenectic and now he cannot ues them. I understand a writer not wanting to rely on Nate being the big gun all the time but to not even explore them at all is a copout. - Storm joining the Avengers sucks. She is written poorly. Though the writers of he Avengers may be taking their queues fron the X-Men writers cause the writing for her has sucked there too.- The young X-Men have been so underutilized most of them could fade away and not be missed they appear so infrequently. Also Hellion being portrayed as a creap I did not like. Yea sure he is a jerk but not the kind of guy lurking in the bushes.- The Avengers using characters outside the Avengers is just a stunt to prop up sales. I wonder if Avengers would be as popular if Spiderman and Wolverine were not appearing every month. I doubt it. - The whole May-December relationship between Rogue and Magneto, does anyone else not fine that creepy. Also related to that Gambit has been written poorly lately. He looks pathetic following Rogue around like a puppy. I did like the older brother/mentor role he slid into with Laura. I am sure there is a whole host of others I am forgetting but these are just the things off the top of my head.

I agree with these assessments. While I can't speak for most of this characters as I'm not as well versed them to give a breakdown on how to fix things, Nate I can give some ideas on how to make him still a powerhouse yet able to be on a team:

With most TK/TP users, you have a few options to make them work.

- The Jean Grey (No Phoenix) Method: You can make Nate on par with Rachel currently where he has enough telekinetic and telepathic power to still solo enemies if need be, but weak enough to function in a team set-up. While I get that the New Mutants are relatively low on the power scale currently, that's no excuse to nerf him to the level Nate's at. Hell, get Xavier to train him. Those two need to interact. Plus it will get my desired meeting of Legion and Nate....Man I want Nate to just deck him once he sees him then be the gentlemen and help him up.

-The Psylocke Method: Psylocke focuses on more a physical attack that uses his psionic powers in that capacity. Nate could do something like this if they writers really wanted Nate to be somewhat lessened in overall power by making Nate actually use skill, hand-to-hand training, and applied use of telekinesis/Telepathy like Betsy. Hence why I'd love to see Nate get some training from Betsy. Nate could learn Ninjustsu, and some melee weapons training and develop a teacher student bond with her. Logan shouldn't have the monopoly on them.

-The Combo method: Make Nate take both paths which make him a more well rounded character in both areas of his psionic powers. I would go one further and have Nate have the become a student of the world concept. After all, the 616 is still partially foreign as Nate hasn't experience all facets of it. I'd love Nate to finally do what Sinister said to him during the whole Onslaught ordeal:

You are a weapon, Nate, make no mistake about that... The most wondrous, enchanted, limitless weapon this world has yet to see wielded. And this is a war to end all wars. But I will not have you fall on another's battlefield. I will see you steeled for the final conflict to come - first tempered and tutored by the finest of all...

I'd have him actually do a One Year Later training moment like Bruce did with Tim and Dick.....maybe we can get Cable, Cyclops, and Nate together, and do just that. Or have him travel the world and learn the skills necessary to make him a character that doesn't need to rely on psionic might to take down enemies. Still would love Nate and Iron Fist to train. Nate could use a strong spiritual influence, and I think Danny could be a interesting teacher for Nate. Plus I'd like Nate's fighting style to emulate's Iron Fist's so it's not just a clone of Psylocke's....though I'd still like Nate and Psylocke to train together as well as Nate and Xavier. Show Nate has some brains, true physical prowess (those muscles need explanation), and of course, a leader (he's the last Male Summers to not have led). His shaman days should end. Nate needs to Nightwing suit up his game a bit. I'd post more....but I've been working on a blog that goes into more ideas I'd want for Nate. Plus, he needs a damn new costume and needs to lose the Shaman buzz. Hell, Dani should be on his ass for wearing the clothes given that he could get one shotted by a bullet and the New Mutants know all about that!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Skaddix

haha nate grey and dani should be careful, threnody strikes me as a jealous ex not to mention she is unstable and having a baby could not have helped that. nate so not winning father of the year awards. which reminds me after wolverine having to kill his own kids, other x-men should be careful. in comics, kids tend to come back and try to kill their old man. that gene is in the summers family seeing as vulcan did just that.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Skaddix: You have a few problems with that though.

1. It was never confirmed the child was his. It was assumed. For all we know, she could have been pregnant before she ran with Nate.

2. I'm still not sure how the baby survived after Maddie killed Threnody and then she awoke from the morgue, alive. Wouldn't the child have died?

3. Maybe it's not an actual child, but apart of a secondary mutation like Death giving birth to life, and the child is apart of her and in reverse. Where she feeds off death, the child gives off life (healing, restoring the dead.) (my own thought and would prefer this.)

4. Dani and Nate aren't a couple yet.

5. Threnody's a death addict, she needs to be surrounded by death and Nate tried to help her, but she told him to left her alone. She made him move on from her. No jealously involved.

6. Daken is a better example of that concept than Vulcan. I'd say Tyler Dayspring (Cable's son) is a better choice of a Summers version. He joined Apocalypse (Though Strfye toyed with Cable by saying he forced himself on Cable's first wife and Tyler was actually his son which only added to things), and was later killed by Wolverine when Tyler tried to re-bond Adamantium to his skeleton.

7. They actually have to do something with Threnody first before all this could happen.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Inverno

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@CaioTrubat:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@CaioTrubat: And that picture of Bishop is an actual comic cover.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Inverno

@TheGreyOutcastX: Well since he has hair in this pic, I assume this must be in his earlier appearences. and its merely a coincidence (Earlier when I compared him to Terminator, I wasn't being serious). Everybody knows that his reason for being in the present was to hunt down and kill Hope Summers was a retcon pulled out of writers' bottoms, they never planned this from the beggining for him and still qualifies as poor writing turning one of my favorite X-Men into a mass-murdering psychopathic extremist madman.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@CaioTrubat: No, I know. But It's amusing that they tributed Terminator then later made Bishop act like one. Oh Marvel....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@lorex said:

There are alot of things that have been written badly in the last few years: - Hope was very underwhelming since she returned from the future. Yes she had a difficult childhood but she was loved and had a normal life at times. Now the only thing that seems to come across is the young soldier with occasional bursts of incredible power. - Magneto. Well I am not entirely in favor of him being with the X-Men and would like to see him more as an independent cropping up from time to time. - X-Man. Nate finally returns from wherever he has been and he is totally depowered. I call this laziness on the part of the writers. Here is a guy with incredibly powerful abilities both telepathic and telekenectic and now he cannot ues them. I understand a writer not wanting to rely on Nate being the big gun all the time but to not even explore them at all is a copout. - Storm joining the Avengers sucks. She is written poorly. Though the writers of he Avengers may be taking their queues fron the X-Men writers cause the writing for her has sucked there too.- The young X-Men have been so underutilized most of them could fade away and not be missed they appear so infrequently. Also Hellion being portrayed as a creap I did not like. Yea sure he is a jerk but not the kind of guy lurking in the bushes.- The Avengers using characters outside the Avengers is just a stunt to prop up sales. I wonder if Avengers would be as popular if Spiderman and Wolverine were not appearing every month. I doubt it. - The whole May-December relationship between Rogue and Magneto, does anyone else not fine that creepy. Also related to that Gambit has been written poorly lately. He looks pathetic following Rogue around like a puppy. I did like the older brother/mentor role he slid into with Laura. I am sure there is a whole host of others I am forgetting but these are just the things off the top of my head.

I agree with all this, especially with the idea about the Avengers taking anyone on their team.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Skaddix

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

1. It was never confirmed the child was his. It was assumed. For all we know, she could have been pregnant before she ran with Nate.

2. I'm still not sure how the baby survived after Maddie killed Threnody and then she awoke from the morgue, alive. Wouldn't the child have died?

3. Maybe it's not an actual child, but apart of a secondary mutation like Death giving birth to life, and the child is apart of her and in reverse. Where she feeds off death, the child gives off life (healing, restoring the dead.) (my own thought and would prefer this.)

5. Threnody's a death addict, she needs to be surrounded by death and Nate tried to help her, but she told him to left her alone. She made him move on from her. No jealously involved.

6. Daken is a better example of that concept than Vulcan. I'd say Tyler Dayspring (Cable's son) is a better choice of a Summers version. He joined Apocalypse (Though Strfye toyed with Cable by saying he forced himself on Cable's first wife and Tyler was actually his son which only added to things), and was later killed by Wolverine when Tyler tried to re-bond Adamantium to his skeleton.

7. They actually have to do something with Threnody first before all this could happen.

Heavily Impllied

Marvel is not creative, Kids tend to have exactly the same powers as their parents most of the time.

Random Theory, Massive Stretch

True but its going in that direction.

But she is unstable

Okay

True

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Rickbarry

I'm not sure if this qualifies as bad writing, but what happened to Boom Boom? The last I remember seeing her in action involved blasting a predator X in a god awful skirt.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@Rickbarry said:

I'm not sure if this qualifies as bad writing, but what happened to Boom Boom? The last I remember seeing her in action involved blasting a predator X in a god awful skirt.

I don't like what they have been doing to Boom Boom lately, since they act like she doesn't exist anymore.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Skaddix said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Heavily Impllied

Marvel is not creative, Kids tend to have exactly the same powers as their parents most of the time.

But she is unstable

Okay

True

1. Let Maury decide that. lol

2. True, but doesn't the x-gene activate at puberty? How can the child have the power?

3. Hence my "()" at the end.

4. Possibly, but with Marvel and DnA's current writing on the title, it could just end up being nothing.

5. Unstable or not though, she wanted him to move on from her. She told him she only love the death that spiraled around Nate cause of his powers were consuming. She was partially lying when she said that, but it was done to end to end things between them. Besides, if she really wanted him back, she would have come to Utopia or Westchester in search of him. She tracked him down once after Maddie offed her, easily could have done it again. You're reaching on this. Dani has more to be afraid of Maddie should she appear before the New Mutants than Threnody.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Rickbarry: @Rabbitearsblog: She's basically in the random cast of Utopian mutants. And by that i mean, Dazzler's joke of a Street Team. I meant that as Marvel not doing anything with them and not hating on Dazzler's swag or the two other blonde mutties on the team. I am suggesting that Marvel send Boom Boom and Warpath to the New Mutants. They need people and it's a team of older New Mutants. That and Blink must return and become a member. Hopefully the new issue with Blink on the cover will have her join them.

MARVEL!

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Skaddix

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Skaddix said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

Heavily Impllied

But she is unstable

Okay

True

1. Let Maury decide that. lol

2. True, but doesn't the x-gene activate at puberty? How can the child have the power?

3. Hence my "()" at the end.

4. Possibly, but with Marvel and DnA's current writing on the title, it could just end up being nothing.

5. Unstable or not though, she wanted him to move on from her. She told him she only love the death that spiraled around Nate cause of his powers were consuming. She was partially lying when she said that, but it was done to end to end things between them. Besides, if she really wanted him back, she would have come to Utopia or Westchester in search of him. She tracked him down once after Maddie offed her, easily could have done it again. You're reaching on this. Dani has more to be afraid of Maddie should she appear before the New Mutants than Threnody.

LOl

Yes in some cases

Missed that

DnA sucks on this title so hard.

Interesting, Lets end this discussion.

We don't need more new mutants. Seriously DnA are not even doing a good job developing the cast they have. Sunspot especially has done nothing, heck he and magma did not even talk last issue. I mean seriously the fight against Sugarman highlights this problem Dani and him fight she beats him up but its pointless because Sunspot literally oneshots him.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Skaddix: Then we need a new writer. Is it too late to get Wells to come back?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.