Which X-Man is not coming home...SPOILERS

• 70 results
#1 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

We know that an X-Man won't be coming back from Breakworld in Astonishing X-Men. Whether that means dying or just getting left behind is another story. I've had my suspicions and have pretty much had them confirmed. Also next week's Uncanny also sort of lets some things slip. Anyone want to take a guess? I don't just want to blurt it out in the first post. I have to say this is pretty sucky.

#2 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"We know that an X-Man won't be coming back from Breakworld in Astonishing X-Men. Whether that means dying or just getting left behind is another story. I've had my suspicions and have pretty much had them confirmed. Also next week's Uncanny also sort of lets some things slip. Anyone want to take a guess? I don't just want to blurt it out in the first post. I have to say this is pretty sucky."

i dont care who it is as long as its not Colossus everyone else is collateral damage

#3 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you think it is?

#4 Posted by Assimilation (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"G-Man says:
"We know that an X-Man won't be coming back from Breakworld in Astonishing X-Men. Whether that means dying or just getting left behind is another story. I've had my suspicions and have pretty much had them confirmed. Also next week's Uncanny also sort of lets some things slip. Anyone want to take a guess? I don't just want to blurt it out in the first post. I have to say this is pretty sucky."
i dont care who it is as long as its not Colossus everyone else is collateral damage"

agreed

#5 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Well Colossus was on a "road trip" with Wolverine and Nightcrawler after Messiah Complex."

yeah i know but this entire Astonishing Xmen is a divergent isnt it. i really havent been reading it. i stopped reading after Colossus came back all i needed from the series

#6 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Colossus was on a "road trip" with Wolverine and Nightcrawler after Messiah Complex.

#7 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat

#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna add this to my X-Men thread :P

#9 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Cobalt says:
"Shadowcat"

Ding ding."

meh that is alright

#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

But doesn't Messiah Complex take place after the X-Men come home? And if so, Kitty was there at the Mansion when the Marauders first attacked.

#11 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"Shadowcat"

Ding ding.

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

gets down on knees and starts begging

please, please, please tell me it's Wolverine

M

#13 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"***gets down on knees and starts begging***please, please, please tell me it's WolverineM"

nope its kitty

#14 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Kitty Pryde. Notice that she wasn't in Messiah Complex. Breakworld was supposed to have happened before. It's just the delays have messed things up. Colossus wouldn't go on a road trip with two dudes when he could be with her. I'm wondering if she's staying behind. I really don't think they'd kill her. People would be after Joss with pitchforks and all.

#15 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkchild says:

"G-Man says:
"Nope. Kitty Pryde. Notice that she wasn't in Messiah Complex. Breakworld was supposed to have happened before. It's just the delays have messed things up. Colossus wouldn't go on a road trip with two dudes when he could be with her. I'm wondering if she's staying behind. I really don't think they'd kill her. People would be after Joss with pitchforks and all."

no she was in MC"

Um...pretty sure she wasn't. Are you thinking about when they were after the Destiny's diaries and she was with the New X-Men? That was before.

#16 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Nope. Kitty Pryde. Notice that she wasn't in Messiah Complex. Breakworld was supposed to have happened before. It's just the delays have messed things up. Colossus wouldn't go on a road trip with two dudes when he could be with her. I'm wondering if she's staying behind. I really don't think they'd kill her. People would be after Joss with pitchforks and all."

no she was in MC

#17 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking back she wasn't actually in MC. She was in issue #201 (I believe) right as MC was kicking off. Emma Frost contacts her by telepathy (after being ambushed by the Marauders) and tells her to hide the Destiny Diaries.

#18 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Darkchild says:
"G-Man says:

no she was in MC"

Um...pretty sure she wasn't. Are you thinking about when they were after the Destiny's diaries and she was with the New X-Men? That was before."

yeah thats whay i was thinking

#19 Posted by Darkchild (40994 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"So the x-men leave her there, and Colossus is so angry they didn't stop her, and becomes part of the Last Defenders. That seems off somehow."

or makes total sense lol

#20 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"***gets down on knees and starts begging*** please, please, please tell me it's Wolverine M"
LMAO, you know better than that Methos.
#21 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

So the x-men leave her there, and Colossus is so angry they didn't stop her, and becomes part of the Last Defenders. That seems off somehow.

#22 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

She's probably gonna stay back with Lockheed and those lame SWORD (Sentient Worlds Observation and Response Department) people. Why else would Colossus not be in the X-Men and be in Last Defenders?

#23 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde) has rumored to have been "killed" off, but a Kitty Pryde is also in the new lineup of the Exiles. Personally, I believe that somehow they swipe her and she goes off on their merry adventures with Psylocke and the group and that's how she manages to "survive". Either that or this Earth's Kitty really is dead and the Kitty who's a part of the Exiles now is from another Universe/Reality.... whatever you wanna call it.

Either way, I'm so disappointed and saddened by this. She's my favorite.. And the thought of her being dead in Marvel Universe Continuity just seems wrong. Wherever she is, may she and Doug Ramsey find happiness together at last..

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

No surprise here. I'm pretty sure I've said the same thing (about her not being in MC) a few times. Hadn't thought of her staying behind instead of dying though.

#25 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

should have been collosus or they shud have put storm in space just to drop her.

#26 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what happens, yet. My friend scanned me images of his books that he's read so far and there was this one scene where she had to diffuse bombs that were aimed at Earth, while on Breakworld. The panel ends with her "on" the last one, she didn't have time to stop it in time. So.. yeah. I hate that. I hate the idea of her being dead, but if there's a Kitty somewhere, even with the Exiles, it's better than nothing. Once MC is over, I want them to acknowledge what she did and let us know difinitively if she's dead or not.

#27 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that did suck that we had to wait until after MC to find out her fate, but since she's not one of my top ten fav x-men, I'm not all broken up about it.

#28 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"Yeah, that did suck that we had to wait until after MC to find out her fate, but since she's not one of my top ten fav x-men, I'm not all broken up about it. "

pout That's a way to crush me, Cobalt..

#29 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Cobalt says:
"Yeah, that did suck that we had to wait until after MC to find out her fate, but since she's not one of my top ten fav x-men, I'm not all broken up about it. "
*pout* That's a way to crush me, Cobalt.. "

Lexi, I'm sorry but Shadowcat just doesn't do it for me. I like Gilmore girls.

#30 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"LexiCat says:
"Cobalt says:
*pout* That's a way to crush me, Cobalt.. "
Lexi, I'm sorry but Shadowcat just doesn't do it for me. I like Gilmore girls."

Gilmore Girls? laughs Wait.. are you messing with me?

#31 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL I can't believe you like her. Shadowcat(the original Pixie,or was her name Sprite)is not cool, but I do dislike Emma Frost more.

#32 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"LOL I can't believe you like her. Shadowcat(the original Pixie,or was her name Sprite)is not cool, but I do dislike Emma Frost more."

How can you not like her, Cobalt? She's got an amazing power, she can kick your butt probably about 100 different ways, and she's a genius!! Oh and let's not mention that she's pretty, too. Yeah.. I like her.

#33 Posted by G-Man (36655 posts) - - Show Bio

People (and most writers) tend to forget she's been trained as a ninja (in the original Kitty Pryde and Wolverine series). There was an issue in the original Excalibur where she was at (a regular) school and was just standing in a field practically invisible then "appeared" in front of some girls. Her hand to hand combat should be off the chart. And as stated, she's extremely intelligent. She also ended a fight Excalibur was having with Thor (they were made to think he was the Juggernaut) by phasing him half into the ground and leaving him there.

#34 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Cobalt says:
"LOL I can't believe you like her. Shadowcat(the original Pixie,or was her name Sprite)is not cool, but I do dislike Emma Frost more."
How can you not like her, Cobalt? She's got an amazing power, she can kick your butt probably about 100 different ways, and she's a genius!! Oh and let's not mention that she's pretty, too. Yeah.. I like her. "

yeh shes pretty hot lexicat. and her power is awesome. i will miss kitty.

#35 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightning Omega says:

"LexiCat says:
"Cobalt says:
How can you not like her, Cobalt? She's got an amazing power, she can kick your butt probably about 100 different ways, and she's a genius!! Oh and let's not mention that she's pretty, too. Yeah.. I like her. "
yeh shes pretty hot lexicat. and her power is awesome. i will miss kitty."

See? I'm glad someone understands.. Thank you, Lightning. I don't know if she's "dead" or not, given a Kitty Pryde's appearance in New Exiles. They've yet to really say if she's this timeline's Kitty or if she's another's. In the stuff I've read, her "Universe" is unidentified.

#36 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing in heaven(or hell for that matter)is going to make me like her. I'd take Kurt over Kitty anyday. I just the next person they put on the team is someone I like or I'll have to put a voodoo hex on them like I did Kitty.

#37 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt.. that's just mean. A voodoo hex?

#38 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Cobalt.. that's just mean. A voodoo hex?"

wow lexikat... that sounds a bit too kinky for an x-men forum.

#39 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"LexiCat says:
"Cobalt.. that's just mean. A voodoo hex?"
wow lexikat... that sounds a bit too kinky for an x-men forum."

I didn't say it.. it's Cobalt's idea. He was talking about putting one on Kitty. pout

#40 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Did you say Cobalt put a voodoo hex on your kitty? that is kinky.

#41 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao Ming says:

"Did you say Cobalt put a voodoo hex on your kitty? that is kinky."

not on MINE, no! wow.. I meant Kitty Pryde. eyes Cobalt Cause eww.. that would be kinky!

#42 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt and Lexicat...AWW

#43 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao Ming says:

"Cobalt and Lexicat...AWW"

laughing um.. not likely. we just met like..2 days ago. :P

#44 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Tao Ming says:
"Cobalt and Lexicat...AWW"
*laughing* um.. not likely. we just met like..2 days ago. :P "

you two seem to get along very well. you even laugh at his corny jokes.

#45 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Tao Ming says:
"Did you say Cobalt put a voodoo hex on your kitty? that is kinky."
not on MINE, no! wow.. I meant Kitty Pryde. *eyes Cobalt* Cause eww.. that would be kinky! "

probably animal abuse as well.

#46 Posted by Tao Ming (940 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, i'm sure that illegal in twenty-five states.

#47 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Tao Ming says:

"yes, i'm sure that illegal in twenty-five states."

Hopefully it's illegal in ALL 50. laughs If not? That's wrong. Sick and Wrong.

#48 Posted by Titan3510 (432 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Tao Ming says:
"yes, i'm sure that illegal in twenty-five states."
Hopefully it's illegal in ALL 50. *laughs* If not? That's wrong. Sick and Wrong. "

I don't really know you or much about what's going on, but from what I read, it seems that Cobalt wants to smash it with you, LexiCat. I'm just being real.

But as for the topic, G-Man has a point. But I hate to see Kitty go. She is a classic. Seriously, if she ends up dead, I am coming after Whedon with not a pitchfork but a wooden stake (get it, a wooden stake!!!) But seriously, Joss Whedon has been ticking me off with the delays, the frustratingly long storylines, the disregard for continuity, it lacks the style of the X-Men, suckish characterization and that piece of bullshiznit called Dangerous and Torn. Killing off Kitty Pryde would be the last straw.

#49 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I could NOT agree with you more, Elemental. I want a stake, some garlic, holy water, and for good measure, do it right before sunrise so I could be sure he got what was owed him for killing Kitty. She was the reason I got hooked on X-Men to begin with. I've read through the years and I love the way she's matured and grown. Toss out the rotten luck she has with men, she's just about the best there is.

Oh and as for that other? It so isn't gonna happen. :P

#50 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"I could NOT agree with you more, Elemental. I want a stake, some garlic, holy water, and for good measure, do it right before sunrise so I could be sure he got what was owed him for killing Kitty. She was the reason I got hooked on X-Men to begin with. I've read through the years and I love the way she's matured and grown. Toss out the rotten luck she has with men, she's just about the best there is. Oh and as for that other? It so isn't gonna happen. :P"

i shoudl hope nto Lexi!!!. how you been.

I dunno about Whedon's runs I mean in fairness it is good when it actually comes out and the art is great.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.