Which X-lady, do you dislike the most

• 78 results
#1 Posted by time (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Hope. Design-wise she just feels uninspired (does creating a character with connections to the PF have to have similarities with Jean). Her powers are any other mutants powers which kinda takes away uniqueness.

#3 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

oh this is a new topic... No wonder Emma is only 50%

#4 Posted by time (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a strange question right, if you had to pick out these ladies, who do you dislike or hate the most.

I might choice would be Emma Frost or Rachel Grey. I'm not huge a fan these of characters. I feel Rachel is just a poor replace for Jean Grey and I don't think Emma Frost has been a good leading lady and I don't like the way she replace Jean Grey. So in the end I picked Emma Frost. There are a lot of qualities about her character that I dislike.

#5 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm just for the fact she's being handle so badly the past few years.

#6 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope.

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope / Rogue.

I don't necessarily dislike either of them that much, but I find Rogue to be largely incompetent in most roles she's written in and Hope's just a brat.

#8 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope.  

Insufferable God Mode Sue

#9 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope or Emma

#10 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey.She is the character that I hate the most actually.

#11 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope by far. She's a knockoff Rogue but with ill-defined "messiah powers", looks like Jean Grey, and has a connection to the Phoenix Force. And on top of all that, she's an arrogant brat. Pass. She's more plot device than character, and she was more interesting when she was a little kid being carried around by Cable.

#12 Posted by shol (129 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a tie between Hope and Jean Grey. But since Jean is dead, I chose that brat Hope.

#13 Edited by gerrycarlos340 (5 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Veitha (3315 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey

#15 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope has been written so badly in AVX that I can't stand her anymore. She used to be strong and confident and now she's just a naive little kid.

#16 Edited by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope by far. So many unwarranted character deaths for a character who doesn't really do anything.

#17 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Cyclops having a girl fight.

#18 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
It seems like Hope is easily the most hated X-Lady

#19 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

jean

#20 Posted by Xwraith (18305 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope. She's not a character, she's a walking plot device.

#21 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

emma frost . never did like her .

#23 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm.

#24 Posted by darthphoenix (763 posts) - - Show Bio

hope. give her to the avengers

#25 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope......

#27 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Storm.... Mostly because of the fanboys.

#28 Posted by Selina_Sublime (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jean, but I think she should stay dead. Her revival(s) make her a joke when she should remain an icon of the foundations of the X-Men.

I dislike some characters, but the mediocre and the ones that overly exploit women/teenage male fantasies bother me most.

Least faves:

Polaris, X-23, Psylocke, Domino, Warbird, and Mercury are probably my least favorites.

#29 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

Magik easily, and what's with all the jean grey hate, come on people really?

#30 Posted by MarcosVergara14 (448 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey

#31 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

storm because of halle berry.

#32 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jean, but I think she should stay dead. Her revival(s) make her a joke when she should remain an icon of the foundations of the X-Men.

I dislike some characters, but the mediocre and the ones that overly exploit women/teenage male fantasies bother me most.

Least faves:

Polaris, X-23, Psylocke, Domino, Warbird, and Mercury are probably my least favorites.

No mention of Hope?

I really hated X-23 when she first appeared, now she's kinda growing on me. We'll see.

#33 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

storm

#34 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

I love all my X-Ladies.

#35 Posted by Rickbarry (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the main X-ladies? It's kind of difficult as I enjoy most of them, but Psylocke can rub me the wrong way from time to time.

#36 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Except Jean... Fffffrrrrrr Rock Jean.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the main X-ladies? It's kind of difficult as I enjoy most of them, but Psylocke can rub me the wrong way from time to time.

#38 Posted by Rickbarry (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

I blame Fantomex mostly...or Femtomex. Whatever they're calling themselves these days. I could have said Hope, but the poor girl gets beaten up enough as it is...and I actually like the character. -Flees.-

#39 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: Don't blame the Fantomsexes, they made her bisexual.

#40 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

Fantomex is Bisexual?

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Rickbarry (1784 posts) - - Show Bio

Tch. The only bisexual escapades I care to read involve Kitty and Karma. Speaking of Betsy...rumor has it she might appear in the X-force movie. My boy has been tossed around as well (reimagined of course!)

#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by God_Spawn (37901 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: You and your fan-fics will never happen!!

@theacidskull: Unless I missed something, whoever the current writer is on Uncanny X-Force didHumphries I think it is? When Fantomex was brought back, he had all 3 of Fantomex's brains get placed into their own body. The girl body, Cluster, ended up getting the brain that had whatever love for Betsy the original Fantomex had. Thus, Psylocke and her banged.

#45 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry: You and your fan-fics will never happen!!

@theacidskull: Unless I missed something, whoever the current writer is on Uncanny X-Force didHumphries I think it is? When Fantomex was brought back, he had all 3 of Fantomex's brains get placed into their own body. The girl body, Cluster, ended up getting the brain that had whatever love for Betsy the original Fantomex had. Thus, Psylocke and her banged.

well, ok then lol :P

#46 Posted by consolemaster001 (5603 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma frost

#47 Posted by Outside_85 (9041 posts) - - Show Bio

Rogue for my money. I know some find it charming, but I can't stand the way she normally talks, which does nothing but makes me think of her as some kind of hillbilly that never graduated from school.

Recently, I developed a new dislike for her when she was arguing with the Scarlet Witch and later how she is all 'mutants deal with mutant problems', which I quite frankly find as a lame excuse to not let anyone help you with a problem you've never managed to solve on your own, plus it's not like Apocalypse and his kids are only threatening mutants.

Lastly, I really dislike the logic that follows her powers around, or perhaps how some of her fans argue that it works. Especially against characters that's physically far above Rogue; "Yeah, but all she has to do is touch and then she wins." Wrong, even if she makes contact she still has to either hold on or actually get to the whole defeating part of it. Plus you have the risk of running into the; "If [ex.] Wonder Woman punches Rogue in the face, she will be drained." Thats perhaps true, but she still is getting punched in the head by someone who can lift mountains, she is going to be lucky if she can stand up afterwards.

#48 Posted by knighthood (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickbarry said:

I'd like Psylocke more if she stopped wearing underwear for a costume. Or at least start wearing some granny panties. Less buttocks. Her new costume is great. hopefully she keeps it.

#49 Posted by EuniceGalaxy (103 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by Selina_Sublime (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood: Hope's not the best and she definitely didn't pay off all the attention she got post-Second Coming, but "No More Nose", the underrated last half of Generation Hope, and her humanizing relationship with Cable give her some meat and value.

Also, I guess I should explain my list a bit more thoroughly.

Polaris: Visually, the green hair is unique, but reminds me of lettuce at worst and Sailor Neptune at best. Personality-wise, I enjoy her absurdity and fragile mentality, but otherwise she has historically been a generic heroine with Magneto's powers or more recently a smug S.O.B. in X-Factor. I loved her most post-Genosha's destruction and the pay-off for that has come and gone.

X-23: I find the cliche robot with feelings routine trite and silly. Her stories are sappy rom-coms with torture p*rn. I actually like her visual despite the Wolverine "borrowing" (being generous), but I don't find her genetically-engineered to be a weapon retread to be worth following, especially when its for the sake of stalking the cutest boy at the school.

Psylocke: Her motivation as a character being driven by the bizarre racial swap from the 90's is....bizarre. Its great that she wears clothes over her underwear now, but she still seems built upon fighting for the sake of it, miscellaneous romantic companions, and erroneously being Asian.

Domino: I feel gross reading about her.

Mercury: Potentially cool visual (other than the huge orange wig), but a cry baby for an X-Man.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.