Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which X-ladies would you like to see fight

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By time1

I would pick Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey. The most powerful females in marvel.

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Batnandez

Vampire Jubilee vs. X-23 for the gore factor.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher

I voted for Storm vs Jean so I could see more of them and well, I'm a Storm fan. : )

But seriously, I don't want them to fight.

I should have voted for vampire Jubilee vs X-23 which for me is the most interesting to see.

as for Scarlet vs Jean, Jean would easily win.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PhoenixoftheTides

Other: Monet vs Storm

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By fodigg

Of the presented options, Kitty vs. Emma is always a good throwdown. And they have beef traditionally so it would make sense.

Stretching the definition of "X-lady" a bit, I'm usually a fan of Mystique/Rogue brawls as well, as their personal connection adds a bit of gravitas to the whole thing.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I would LOVE to see Emma Frost vs. this new Jean Grey coming back from the PAST because Emma Frost would KICK HER STUPID LITTLE TEENAGE ASS RIGHT BACK TO THE PAST WHERE SHE BELONGS! But I have a feeling Bendis is going to screw shit up and make Jean Grey over powered.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By time1

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I would LOVE to see Emma Frost vs. this new Jean Grey coming back from the PAST because Emma Frost would KICK HER STUPID LITTLE TEENAGE ASS RIGHT BACK TO THE PAST WHERE SHE BELONGS! But I have a feeling Bendis is going to screw shit up and make Jean Grey over powered.

To be honest that's the only the way Emma would stand a chance against Jean. If it was the 616 version of Jean Grey returning, there will be no contest. Jean would destroy Emma easily. Emma should stop living in Cyclops shadows and stop following in the same footsteps as Jean Grey. She should find her own path, I guess that's what you get for a poor replacement.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@time: First and formost if Jean Grey was not linked with the Phoenix and if there were SOME good writers writing a battle against Emma Frost and Jean Grey, Emma Frost would have no problem kicking Jean Grey's ass when it comes to a Telepathy battle and a hand to hand battle. Lets not forget, Jean Grey is not a strong telepath, and compared to Emma Frost, Emma is a much more skilled telepath and know's how to work her way around the human mind. That being said the only reason Jean Grey has EVER been on high scales is because of her Phoenix kick or the fact that writers over power her skills. She has been and always has will be over powered which is why writers like killing her of over and over again because that's all she has going for her.

I'm not going to lie recently Emma Frost has definitely been living in Cyclops shadows but that's because thats poor writing. Emma Frost has her own path and that's been developing Cyclops as an actual character rather than him being a swoony school boy who is in love with Jean Grey, he's become a man because of Emma Frost. She's been a character who will do anything for her students. Even now when she's being corrupted by the Phoenix Force what is she doing? Oh yeah looking out for her students, sure not in the BEST way but she's still herself, just not thinking about the consequences before doing what she's doing.When Jean Grey went all Phoenix what happened with that? Oh yeah she went crazy and did what exactly? Nothing but die.

You cannot compare Emma Frost and Jean Grey, they're two different characters that were developed in two very different generations. It's like people who compare Jubilee, Shadowcat, Armor and Pixie. JUST because they're all the youngest on their team and show a little spunk you cannot say that they're replacing one another, because they're not sure they have similarities but they're different characters. When people being to compare Emma and Jean it's annoying and basically the only reason people defend it is because of their hate for one or the other. All this being said. Emma is not living in Jean Grey's shadow, she's her own developed character who IS NOT afraid to be herself (that is when a writer actually writers her well like Morisson and Whedon).

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By time1

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@time: First and formost if Jean Grey was not linked with the Phoenix and if there were SOME good writers writing a battle against Emma Frost and Jean Grey, Emma Frost would have no problem kicking Jean Grey's ass when it comes to a Telepathy battle and a hand to hand battle. Lets not forget, Jean Grey is not a strong telepath, and compared to Emma Frost, Emma is a much more skilled telepath and know's how to work her way around the human mind. That being said the only reason Jean Grey has EVER been on high scales is because of her Phoenix kick or the fact that writers over power her skills. She has been and always has will be over powered which is why writers like killing her of over and over again because that's all she has going for her.

I'm not going to lie recently Emma Frost has definitely been living in Cyclops shadows but that's because thats poor writing. Emma Frost has her own path and that's been developing Cyclops as an actual character rather than him being a swoony school boy who is in love with Jean Grey, he's become a man because of Emma Frost. She's been a character who will do anything for her students. Even now when she's being corrupted by the Phoenix Force what is she doing? Oh yeah looking out for her students, sure not in the BEST way but she's still herself, just not thinking about the consequences before doing what she's doing.When Jean Grey went all Phoenix what happened with that? Oh yeah she went crazy and did what exactly? Nothing but die.

You cannot compare Emma Frost and Jean Grey, they're two different characters that were developed in two very different generations. It's like people who compare Jubilee, Shadowcat, Armor and Pixie. JUST because they're all the youngest on their team and show a little spunk you cannot say that they're replacing one another, because they're not sure they have similarities but they're different characters. When people being to compare Emma and Jean it's annoying and basically the only reason people defend it is because of their hate for one or the other. All this being said. Emma is not living in Jean Grey's shadow, she's her own developed character who IS NOT afraid to be herself (that is when a writer actually writers her well like Morisson and Whedon).

I would reply this post in detail, but I'm in the middle of typing up another post related to Emma and her roles in X-Men. Something I''ve been working on for weeks nows, but cause of my injury. It's be pretty hard for to finish off. I'll get back to you when I can.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Roddy010

@IllyanaRasputin:

First and formost if Jean Grey was not linked with the Phoenix and if there were SOME good writers writing a battle against Emma Frost and Jean Grey, Emma Frost would have no problem kicking Jean Grey's ass when it comes to a Telepathy battle and a hand to hand battle.

Lets get one thing clear, Jean and Emma fought on two seperate occasions. The first time Jean had Phoenix the second time it was under her own power. A lot of people misconstrue that Jean had Phoenix during New X-men but she didn't recieve the Phoenix until Issue #148. All the other times the Phoenix appeared in that arc was Jean's powers creating a raptor due to her second mutation. She's was able to easily get through Emma diamond form with ease and raid her mind leaving Emma humiliated.

Jean Grey is not a strong telepath, and compared to Emma Frost, Emma is a much more skilled telepath and know's how to work her way around the human mind. That being said the only reason Jean Grey has EVER been on high scales is because of her Phoenix kick or the fact that writers over power her skills

That's a bit of a stretch, Have you seen any of the things Jean has done with her telepathy? She was able to take Xavier's memory and spread it to mutants across the globe and but his consciousness into his body, look into the future, projected her thoughts from Galacticus's ship to the inhabitants of earth and urge them to resist the Magus's takeover, transferred her mind into Emma's body to save herself from dying, telepathically spent an issue with Storm from across the world and braided her hair with her TK etc.And she did all of this under her own power.

Emma is not living in Jean Grey's shadow, she's her own developed character who IS NOT afraid to be herself (that is when a writer actually writers her well like Morisson and Whedon).

Recent events have shown otherwise....

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I like Emma, but we've already seen Jean trump Emma's psi defenses when not even trying on multiple occasions during New X-Men and right before Emma's critical injury during the Fitzroy attack. Jean's on a higher level. It's just that most writers don't really care about writing telepaths at their full potential.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@PhoenixoftheTides: Agreed a 616 Jean could kick Emma's ass, it's been done! But a teenage past self Jean with no Phoenix power or lets say a "writers" power boost like she's been giving in the past, Emma would win! Haha.

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@IllyanaRasputin: Ugh, you're dumb. Even if it was the Jean in the past, you do know Jean had the ability to tap into the phoenix force since she was young. She will still be able to take Emma.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@oviouslyjeangrey: a) don't call me dumb b) if writers were smart they wouldn't have the young Jean Grey have anything to do with the Phoenix Force or what would the point be for bringing her back? To reuse material?

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@IllyanaRasputin: Okay, learn about who you are talking about before you compare and decides who wins. Jean Without the phoenix force Jean still has telepathy that by passes Emma's diamond form and her telekinesis is on a molecule level and could shred her apart.

ps. Jean was able to make Emma go back to her biological form.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@oviouslyjeangrey: Jean wasn't the PHOENIX was. When Jean first faced Emma Frost back in the day. It was the Phoenix who beat Emma. When Jean put Emma back together it was the Phoenix who did that not Jean Grey.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JohnnyWalker

emma vs polaris. never seen this one before. with mag's helmet of course.

oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@IllyanaRasputin: Same person, but let say Jean had no phoenix connection she will still be able to take Emma. She was able to take the phoenix out of Emma just by using her mind. (Jean didn't have phoenix because it was in Emma) and she was still able to take it out of her with her telepathy.

(sorry for sending it to you twice I want it to be on the forum)

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Other: I'll be getting my Domino VS. Psylocke next month.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21  Edited By x_29

Rogue vs Psylocke in mud wrestling :)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By papad1992

Rogue vs M is actually a really good match up!!

Crusader105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Crusader105

Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch. Unless it turned into a curb stomp battle. If it did, then Jean and Emma.

Jean and Rogue would (although not on this list) be a pretty good match, I think.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jhazzroucher

why Emma vs Jean when Jean would win?

Crusader105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Crusader105

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By poisonfleur

I thought Selene & Maddie Pryor vs Emma & Jean was a very interesting option

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Teenage jean as in first class x men only has TK her Telepathy comes later so Emma wins that contest hands down.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PassionFlower

Emma and Storm hand-to-hand no powers

Magik vs Wanda

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Skaddix

H2H no Powers? that is a stomp in Storm's Favor.

Magik vs Wanda though now that would be awesome fight.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#30  Edited By Joygirl

Jubes vs. X-23 would be fun and close, may help them bond too.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31  Edited By x_29

VS

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Skaddix said:

Lol...agreed.

@AgeofHurricane said:

I can't wait for this one.

@thread A Storm vs Polaris rematch would be cool to see. They have become more powerful since their previous battles.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Psylocke vs Emma in jello wrestling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Vs. Rachel

No powers

Straight up catfight

Frell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Frell

Kitty vs Emma would be an interesting fight. I would like to see Kitty go through Emma's diamond form.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PassionFlower

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Skaddix said:

Lol...agreed.

@AgeofHurricane said:

I can't wait for this one.

@thread A Storm vs Polaris rematch would be cool to see. They have become more powerful since their previous battles.

Lol, Ororo needs to get those licks in :)

shiesse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By shiesse

emma would beat jean grey's ass, easily,

emma vs polaris, that would be interesting,

emma vs psylocke, i dont know

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Target_X

I was going to go for an X-23 fight, but then I saw Monet in there! I <3 Monet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.