Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

which x comic should i read

ratman19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ratman19

i've mostly read superman and batman comics for the past few years and i wanted to start reading x-men but theres a bunch of them so i wanted to know which one should i read

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Madame_Mist

There is a lot, but to be more or less up to date, read House of M, Messiah Complex, Second Coming and the current AvX, I think. But if you want to get really in depth, try Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. These would hopefully give you comprehensive knowledge of the current state of the X-Men.

Maybe go for a couple of the classics like Dark Phoenix Saga, Age of Apocalypse etc....Read a lot of Claremont, he really gave the X-Men the push they needed. Some of the current off-shoots are really great like Uncanny X-Force. So I suggest read whatever you can get you hands on.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dman1366

@Madame_Mist said:

There is a lot, but to be more or less up to date, read House of M, Messiah Complex, Second Coming and the current AvX, I think. But if you want to get really in depth, try Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. These would hopefully give you comprehensive knowledge of the current state of the X-Men.

Maybe go for a couple of the classics like Dark Phoenix Saga, Age of Apocalypse etc....Read a lot of Claremont, he really gave the X-Men the push they needed. Some of the current off-shoots are really great like Uncanny X-Force. So I suggest read whatever you can get you hands on.

I would do this; It really depends on what you want. Do you want something current? Some back story? or just some good reading?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

curent? just read x-force.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.