Which storyline would you like to see happen?

#1 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Vulcan invades Earth with Shi'ar Fleet: massive war:)

#2 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

How about whiny emo boy of the universe (ie. Vulcan) gets bitch slapped by his niece and nephew, both of which have had worse lives than he has, who both tell him "GET OVER IT!"

#3 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"How about whiny emo boy of the universe (ie. Vulcan) gets bitch slapped by his niece and nephew, both of which have had worse lives than he has, who both tell him "GET OVER IT!" "

Rachel Grey and Cable?

#4 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, hostility! I agree though, he is a brat. I didn't like how the Starjammers were just left in Limbo though. I would like to see Havok stage a daring escape from the Shi'ar, he's growing into quite the capable leader.

#5 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Rachel was raised in an apocalyptic future and brainwashed from childhood to hunt mutants until she escaped in the 616, and Cable was raised in a apocalyptic future and lost his wife and his son.

So, I don't get what Vulcan's problem is. "Ooooh, you all thought we were dead and forgot about us! You big meanies! I'm going to kill you all cuz' yer so MEAN!" Boo-hoo junior. Welcome to the X-Men. You can't swing a cat in the Mansion without hitting an X-Man that hasn't been presumed dead or gotten lost in the shuffle at some point or another. He seems like a freakin' whiny teenager who just needs to be backhanded.

#6 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol! Kill off Cyclops, then in a later issue Emma wakes up in her bed, and finds Scott in the shower. "I just had the strangest dream..."

They could retcon whatever they want that way, it'd be more believable than what they did to Spider-Man.

#7 Posted by Pania (1759 posts) - - Show Bio

If a writer is going to retcon X-continuity that badly (and by "badly" I mean major retcon for a bad reason, bad story, badly executed) and if they going to knock off longstanding characters as a plot device just to prove how bad-@ss his character is, Brubaker could have at least created a good character, which Vulcan is not. (Nor is Darwin, who is a walking duex ex machina with no personality.)

Havok grew into a capable leader (and Polaris became a whole, interesting character) under PAD's first X-Factor run, which subsequent writers have done their damnedest to either forget or destroy. PAD's Havok would have never gotten captured in the first place.

Quite frankly, the story line I would like to see is the entire X-Verse reset back to the year 2000.

#8 Posted by Sling Shot (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

"If a writer is going to retcon X-continuity that badly (and by "badly" I mean major retcon for a bad reason, bad story, badly executed) and if they going to knock off longstanding characters as a plot device just to prove how bad-@ss his character is, Brubaker could have at least created a good character, which Vulcan is not. (Nor is Darwin, who is a walking duex ex machina with no personality.) Havok grew into a capable leader (and Polaris became a whole, interesting character) under PAD's first X-Factor run, which subsequent writers have done their damnedest to either forget or destroy. PAD's Havok would have never gotten captured in the first place. Quite frankly, the story line I would like to see is the entire X-Verse reset back to the year 2000. "

Here here! PAD we need ya

#9 Posted by jmc247 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Pania says:

PAD's Havok would have never gotten captured in the first place. Quite frankly, the story line I would like to see is the entire X-Verse reset back to the year 2000. "

That wasn't Yost, that was the X-editors. Yost said as much at a convention a few months back according to several Rachel fans.

The ending of Emperor Vulcan was changed by the editors. Chris Yost's original ending had Lorna saving Alex and they all escaped. It was the big display of power that Yost had been promising Lorna's fans. And it didn't happen.One of the editors wrote the final three pages, not Chris Yost. I wondered why, and figured it had to be because of this and the rescue would be here. But nope. We got the crap ending of Emperor Vulcan for ##*$#$@ nothing.[url]http://www.marvel.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=118293

Post Edited:2008-05-29 16:28:19

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.