Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which role will Magneto play in his new series?

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

magneto comic is the best out there and will continue being the best. i love the x men (don't get me wrong), but there is nothing good so far about them. ever since magneto left the x men, xavier dead, wolverine dead, kids back to school, barely villains, and always drama drama drama in the x men, i realize that i should follow magneto because he became the bomb in his ongoing.

magneto is becoming something big and even now that he found the growth mutant hormone (which this will help him face the red skull... I believe) and who knows what he'll become. maybe that's when he can be consider the most powerful mutant being on earth or universe imo. magneto facing the predator x was so good to see and how he was fighting one of them and killed it (with barely power). i see that magneto doesn't need to be powerful in order to look interesting. magneto will always be magneto no matter what. and this bunn earned it big time. i literally can't wait to see who will be his new incarnation and with new faces in the team it's what intrigue me. i don't mind some familiar ones because they were once magneto's loyal army.

great book out there so far. i'll recommended to everyone for those who are not following.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magneto comic is the best out there and will continue being the best. i love the x men (don't get me wrong), but there is nothing good so far about them. ever since magneto left the x men, xavier dead, wolverine dead, kids back to school, barely villains, and always drama drama drama in the x men, i realize that i should follow magneto because he became the bomb in his ongoing.

magneto is becoming something big and even now that he found the growth mutant hormone (which this will help him face the red skull... I believe) and who knows what he'll become. maybe that's when he can be consider the most powerful mutant being on earth or universe imo. magneto facing the predator x was so good to see and how he was fighting one of them and killed it (with barely power). i see that magneto doesn't need to be powerful in order to look interesting. magneto will always be magneto no matter what. and this bunn earned it big time. i literally can't wait to see who will be his new incarnation and with new faces in the team it's what intrigue me. i don't mind some familiar ones because they were once magneto's loyal army.

great book out there so far. i'll recommended to everyone for those who are not following.

The best indeed. I can't believe how he actually kill this predator without using his power. All we need to C is how the battle will play out with the Red Skull. I truly can't wait to C this myself as well. Knowing Magneto, I'm sure he got this... 110%

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Cutter

@flavalon: I'm glad you're a fan :) Magneto's book is entertaining...indeed.

@john_valentine: Yea I hope so too...it's the best suitable for him. Justice we might see for Red Skull.

@twinblock: Anti-hero is what he is now and I believe he always was. I agree with you...I would love to see the females which I miss so much. They were cool and beautiful and at the same time unique. I'm glad you're a fan.

@blackblade: Interesting with those question of yours. This is probably what going to happens. He might become into something different...strong...and who knows what he will become like. To defeat this massive Red Skull that he had become...he need to become something else in order to do so. Let see if you have a point here. Like your thoughts.

@flavalon: Yes...very disturbing. I'm glad you found out about it on time...lol. I'm very happy to hear that the Acolytes are back too, but I don't know if some old ones will emerge at this point. Let see.

@psy_chrometer: Well you better hurry and catch up...lol...you missing the whole thing :)

@hawk2916: I agree with you. I'm with you in this because I thought it would have been better as a human form and not a freak. That was the only thing that was bothering me.

@adamtrmm: Agree...is getting there.

@moonlighterstone: Trust me...you're not the only one...lol.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Disturbing, but I like the way he play out on his own. Ever since he was with the xm, which I believe it was one of his biggest mistake. Ever since he did that, he lost his power, he was below cyclops, many of them didn't trusted him, and became a low profile when he was the most interesting villain or hero in history. But in his ongoing, seems like he is getting back up and I hope if this series ever end, he stay as a anti-hero and with his new team.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Poze11

@flavalon said:

@cutter: Disturbing, but I like the way he play out on his own. Ever since he was with the xm, which I believe it was one of his biggest mistake. Ever since he did that, he lost his power, he was below cyclops, many of them didn't trusted him, and became a low profile when he was the most interesting villain or hero in history. But in his ongoing, seems like he is getting back up and I hope if this series ever end, he stay as a anti-hero and with his new team.

This

Though Magneto and the Red guy is going to be very interesting. If he only know that the Red's been manipulating his daughter with Xavier's brain. He will go down so is his freakshow team. I can't wait to see what Magneto would do on them Ha.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Viperians
    No Caption Provided

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: I know. I got back with my ex-husband and so I abandoned in looking forward to it but now I'm single again I can really look in to it. I hope I wont be dissappointed.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By PurePower

MAGNETO is becoming to be a BADA** once again. I really love love love this f*****g book. The best from Marvel to read. I don't care how some people might think about this book, but Magneto is the S**t. Here is some image I found and the synopsis of the coming story.

"Magneto is finally forced to deal with his weakened mutant powers, following his prolonged exposure to the Phoenix Force during the events of Avengers vs. X-Men. What is Magneto willing to do to regain his full strength?"

"• MAGNETO was once arguably the most powerful mutant on the planet.

• But after his latest tenure with the X-Men, his powers have been reduced to a whisper of what they once were.

• Maddened by the fact that he struggles to safeguard mutantkind in uncertain times yet his own mutant gift wavers, to what lengths will Magneto go to become the Master of Magnetism once more?"

Magneto is coming baaaaack (KaBOOM lol). Needed to come here and post this for the fans and for those who didn't know about the next issue (KaBOOM).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@purepower: Well according to the synopsis you posted, it look like Magneto is getting his power back somehow. I'm happy to hear he is and I was wondering when issue 8 was going to be available. But I found out that it will be on the 20th of this month. Oh this is getting HOTz. And look at those humans turning into mutants. oh my... what will Magneto do?

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want to get this as a start to finish book, no need for clffhangers in my life

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto #8 was a complete lackluster that disappointed me wholeheartedly :'((((

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Can you explain the lackluster part? I thought this book have more bubbles then any other previously ones. Magneto is going to be the Master we always knew, the powerful and fearful mutant. The scientist guy will make Magneto a perfect formula and make serum to benefit him. YOU can't be disappointed about that. In the story to AXIS we'll see the Master of Magnetism like never before. Well I hope we do. And let me not doubt that Briar plan is to fulfill her duties by getting the perfect MGH with Magneto's blood. Now THAT can be one of her agenda. This was a compelling performance.

@phisigmatau: I feel you ugh.

WonKka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto, Gambit, Wolverine, Punisher, Deadpool, and Catwoman, are Anti-hero's cause they don't give a crap about how much they hurt the bad guy and most of them don't care if the bad guy even dies. in my list of examples only Catwoman and Gambit would care about killing some one, but they probably both still do it. I guess Magneto might be wear people got the idea of anti-hero's cause he is not really evil, just not nice, and generally have extremely evil methods but is not generally evil. But I would think most people would just say he is either anti-heros or supervillians.

it seems to be that while most villain's goals are motivated out of greed, power, lust, or just being evil, Magneto goal is to protect and help his people by any means necessary. Pretty much that what he's doing in his series. The only evil thing I can find with him is that he wants normal people to say his kind are better than theres and if they can't then stay away from mutants if they want to go about there normal lives in peace. Magneto is anti-hero. I think he is a lot like the Punisher. Awesome book.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

When I first heard the outlaw revolutionary idea for Uncanny Xmen this is what I pictured. This book is one of the best out there.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I want-- you to perfect your MGH formula. I want you to make a serum... Befitting the Master of Magnetism."

Interesting quate

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By adamTRMM

@purepower said:

@adamtrmm: Can you explain the lackluster part? I thought this book have more bubbles then any other previously ones. Magneto is going to be the Master we always knew, the powerful and fearful mutant. The scientist guy will make Magneto a perfect formula and make serum to benefit him. YOU can't be disappointed about that. In the story to AXIS we'll see the Master of Magnetism like never before. Well I hope we do. And let me not doubt that Briar plan is to fulfill her duties by getting the perfect MGH with Magneto's blood. Now THAT can be one of her agenda. This was a compelling performance.

Where do I begin...

First off, the concept of being a minor player without the powers is becoming repetitive, even disrespective if we acknowledge he admits his inferiority and finds the answer in the most petty and degrading "needle". Secondly, we are talking about the guy who genegineered the first god-like mutant, which shows how advanced his skills in the field of genetics are, even when he was a madman. Yet, he finds some lowlife dealer to solve the problems he himself should be able to? The last time the guy needed help he had it from damn High Evolutionary, so what the hell are those "unique" solutions we're getting? Original? Indeed. Continuity respecting? No way. Quality ones? Obviously not.

The idea of MGH as a drug running throughout the Earth is a great and pretty much the best thing Bendis' Uncanny has promoted, but turning it into supply for Magneto himself? Who are we talking about, world-class persona or a f@cking junkie?

Nothing is certain yet but I will be 100% disappointed if the story of overcoming and adapting to the struggle turns into dependance and pettiness from one of the most intriguing characters we're finally able to follow in his own book.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree about the "low life dealer" and I was thinking it's the only way for him to gain more power. it seem that in his mind he was reliving all his past defeats. The shield agents and magneto finally had interaction. Magneto noticed that they only after him and they don't care about anything else. it seemed to me they want to use Magneto for something. I remember there was a crew of magneto's fans. Thinking about it, what if these crew get to use the MGH to become Magneto's sidekicks? I mean I remember Cullen saying something about those fans.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@purepower said:

Where do I begin...

First off, the concept of being a minor player without the powers is becoming repetitive, even disrespective if we acknowledge he admits his inferiority and finds the answer in the most petty and degrading "needle". Secondly, we are talking about the guy who genegineered the first god-like mutant, which shows how advanced his skills in the field of genetics are, even when he was a madman. Yet, he finds some lowlife dealer to solve the problems he himself should be able to? The last time the guy needed help he had it from damn High Evolutionary, so what the hell are those "unique" solutions we're getting? Original? Indeed. Continuity respecting? No way. Quality ones? Obviously not.

The idea of MGH as a drug running throughout the Earth is a great and pretty much the best thing Bendis' Uncanny has promoted, but turning it into supply for Magneto himself? Who are we talking about, world-class persona or a f@cking junkie?

Nothing is certain yet but I will be 100% disappointed if the story of overcoming and adapting to the struggle turns into dependance and pettiness from one of the most intriguing characters we're finally able to follow in his own book.

I get you. But this is the only way my bro. Wouldn't you want to see Magneto like we always knew? I thought that would make you happy. I know I am.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is going to become the Master of Magnetism once more. I like the way Briar is playing out. Investing money for a lab, which is obvious she's on something more then helping Magneto. And the look on her face while saying that it looks creepy, cookoo, evil, and scary.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Viperians

I agree about the "low life dealer" and I was thinking it's the only way for him to gain more power. it seem that in his mind he was reliving all his past defeats. The shield agents and magneto finally had interaction. Magneto noticed that they only after him and they don't care about anything else. it seemed to me they want to use Magneto for something. I remember there was a crew of magneto's fans. Thinking about it, what if these crew get to use the MGH to become Magneto's sidekicks? I mean I remember Cullen saying something about those fans.

Quote:

"Magneto having a human fanbase is something that we haven't seen before, or at the very least I don't recall it. Where did that come from?"

"I have to dance around this question a little bit, because if I say too much about my inspiration for these characters, I'll spoil some surprises to come. Let's just say that their fandom for Magneto comes from a very dark place."

What ever reason there fan with Magneto is not nice.

No Caption Provided

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hotshotters said:

Quote:

"Magneto having a human fanbase is something that we haven't seen before, or at the very least I don't recall it. Where did that come from?"

"I have to dance around this question a little bit, because if I say too much about my inspiration for these characters, I'll spoil some surprises to come. Let's just say that their fandom for Magneto comes from a very dark place."

What ever reason there fan with Magneto is not nice.

No Caption Provided

Ahh i see. then maybe they have some kind of connection with briar. I knew bunn did said something about those fans. thanks for the quote.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Cutter

@psy_chrometer said:

@cutter: I know. I got back with my ex-husband and so I abandoned in looking forward to it but now I'm single again I can really look in to it. I hope I wont be dissappointed.

Trust me you WONT be disappointed

@adamtrmm said:

@purepower said:

Where do I begin...

This is so you can see how far the Master of Magnetism is willing to go just to defend his kind. Yes...he is using a "Low Life Dealer" to engineer MGH, but so what? Magneto always has underlings doing his gruntwork. So why not use one who's "perfected" the MGH Formula? Also...he is looking for a serum "Befitting the Master of Magnetism" so...perhaps...permanent? I don't think we're gonna be seeing him shoot up every issue; I don't think we'll be seeing a junkie Magneto...at lease I hope not...but he got to get his powers back somehow. But I understand where you are coming from my friend :)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

Well, let's see maybe Bunn will surprise in the end :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

Well, let's see maybe Bunn will surprise in the end :)

Yes...I'm hoping he does...he's doing great so far.

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm missing issue 6 and 7. It's why I haven't been commenting on this yet. But I will get there.

4U2NV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me put this together. He became an antihero, he's recruiting new Acolytes, becoming a junkie, and now he's going to fight the Red Skull? I like this actually :) I'm glad I found this site. I'm getting this comic. Magneto is the bad bad badasssss. I always thought he was an antehero.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get you. But this is the only way my bro. Wouldn't you want to see Magneto like we always knew? I thought that would make you happy. I know I am.

Missed that massage.

I would rather see him experimenting on himself using his own established to be great knowledge.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter: Thank you. I will try it.

Magneto is a junkie? omg.

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@purepower said:

Missed that massage.

I would rather see him experimenting on himself using his own established to be great knowledge.

He just did. The man is old and I think it's time for someone to take care all that S^^t for him. He don't have time for anything. Except for killing people with no self respect.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Cutter

No he's not a junkie...at lease not yet. And too early to know if that's what going to happen...which I doubt it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The junkie stuff will stink with the Planet X trash, that's why it is so bad.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

The junkie stuff will stink with the Planet X trash, that's why it is so bad.

Is not an addiction...this is only to befitting the Master of Magnetism.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does anyone remember that magento was holding a long stick in uxm??? Also triage still has one

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Viperians

Did anyone got the Magneto book today? Tell me about it.

No Caption Provided

Then you wonder why.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like Magneto is getting defeated by those smen. I'm hoping for the next chapter, we get to see this new mutant saving him some how. Truly the Red Skull is become interesting, but not for too long.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: Meanwhile...the X-Men are reading wills and having interpersonal conflict.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Azalae

I'm sure after a tough battle, he will overcame the enemies.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@psy_chrometer said:

No he's not a junkie...at lease not yet. And too early to know if that's what going to happen...which I doubt it.

I was only asking a question cause I don't own this book yet. Someone here said it so I was curious. But junkie or not he still Magneto. Only time can tell what will become of him. I'm buying this book. :)

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Hero. This is no question. In his solo comic, he's not doing anything to humas, better say what humans are doing to mutants. I love this book. is better then Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, and others. While those books is about dramas and for lil kids, Mags book is about intense and with adult graaaaaphics.

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viperians: Meanwhile...the X-Men are reading wills and having interpersonal conflict.

Exactly instead of saving their kind.

Roboticianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Roboticianist

He'll likely play the role of the main character.

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool. I never post here because I never got this book, but from what I see it do sound interesting. I like him more as a anti hero but first I need to get this so I can comment something. I like Magneto like everyone else here. I'm going shopping this weekend :)

Snurks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Snurks

Magneto doesn't usually draw first blood or kill humans for no reason, 90 percent of the people he has hurt or killed in the comics usually had it coming, is this really any different than what the Punisher does? yet the Punisher is labeled a Hero?

He's anti-hero, no question. He became the most interesting (regardless he always was) character in his ongoing.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Fabulosity

Magneto is fabulous as an hero, villain, and anti-hero, but I like him better as an anti-hero. This is his best role ever. Magneto's going to be the badass through his whole book (and this is so overpowering). I like the idea of Magneto recruiting new Acolytes. My one and only fave is Unuscione. Ain't she's fabulous?

Sky_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-Hero

Warhammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is, of course, ANTI-HERO. And how good he plays this role.

Noctum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My old pal's antihero. The one and only character I like. I wouldn't read a comic unless he's in it. Let see what this MGH will do to Magneto. Red skull is going to get his (don't know if I'm allow to use that word) ass kick lol. My numba 1 and favorite book of all time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.