Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which role will Magneto play in his new series?

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By Cutter

@cutter said:

@hotshotters said:

@cutter: impressive. the look on his face at the end of the chapter, it tells me he might be an antihero. bunn did pull it off as you mentioned and for "that" i can give you props for keeping it up with the magneto new book who everyone, including me, thought it was going to be meh (which in fact, it was the bomb). i can now say magneto will more likely have this bad ass incarnation with interesting characters. the way the first issue came through, this convinced me that the whole series is going to be strong and WOW.

let me persuade you, I didn't like the acolytes but, ever since, i've been reading some old past issues of when the acolytes first appeared. needed to know the original, so i can understand the incarnation. i guarantee many ppl don't know much of them. but i'm beginning to understand why you've been so consumed with this team. they were kick ass, they were loyal, they were unique, and yet, they were the most dangerous mutants that magneto created. dangerous as magneto himself. and for this again, i'll give you props for coming up with this team, which neither you, or i, or anyone above this knew about their forthcoming. good position.

Wow...I don't know what to say. I'm in a state of bliss.........FINALLY someone understand. Despite what people think about the Acolytes...they will always be my #1 villain. I'm glad you did your resources. And I know this incarnation is not what people think about from the original. This time I'm hoping Bunn pull it off and make them look what people won't expect. I have a feeling this is going to be a big time bad ass Acolytes...lol...I'm just hoping to see some of the old ones, though.

Oh I definitely agree...is going to be strong and Magneto is just getting started (I just wish the artwork was better, but the writer was good). I believe he's definitely an antihero this time. He pretty much doesn't look that old with him being bald...lol.

@purepower said:

Oh man, man, man, this S$$$ is a F$%^%@! BOMB. For me this was like a KA-BOOM. I finally got it today and needed to come here (cause after reading it, I was thinking about Cutter lol) to tell you the truth. It was a blown away. I truly can't wait for the next issue, which is suck cause we have to wait a whole month. I'm more into the Avengers and some xm but, Magneto is going to be my primary to buy every month. I got this feeling that the first kid he attacked in prison, is going to be one of his incarnation. I'm thinking cause he was still alive by the end of the section. So let see.

Someone is creating Omega Sentinels...but they don't have the resources of the government...or trask industries...its like they're putting them together in their basement or something.

This kid is obviously dead. He's a human...he's not gonna survive that. He's been ripped apart (but who knows right?). Who ever made him...probably has more.

Oh yeah someone is definitely creating them. Exactly, who knows? maybe he's dead maybe not but I guess you're right. He wouldn't survived that.

Neh...I don't think he would. Anyway...we'll find out when we get the next issue.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hey, I am a big Mags fan and bought Issue 1, but haven't read an X Men comic since about 1996! (I had 17 years away from all comics until last year)...Can someone explain to me please why Magneto's powers are diminished...can we assume he will get them back?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bezza said:

Hey, I am a big Mags fan and bought Issue 1, but haven't read an X Men comic since about 1996! (I had 17 years away from all comics until last year)...Can someone explain to me please why Magneto's powers are diminished...can we assume he will get them back?

He spent to much time around the Phoenix Force when it was last on Earth to reignite the Mutant gene after it was turned off. No explanation as to why it messed with hi powers was given.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@bezza said:

He spent to much time around the Phoenix Force when it was last on Earth to reignite the Mutant gene after it was turned off. No explanation as to why it messed with hi powers was given.

Exact what dernman said...but I have a feeling he will gain most of his power back...slowly...but gain it. I'm glad you're a fan :)

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@moonlighterstone said:

@lightblaze said:

I'm so happy about this new Mag. Let me put it this way, I got hooked for more. I'm really confused about his status. He acted evil at a point when he was willing to kill a half-dozen cops to get the mutant killer who happened to be a human's sentinel. But then again, at the end of the chapter, his emotions show the opposite. I truly don't know what to think. either hero or villain.

There's something I would like to share with you people. I have to say, I read an article where it seems that Mag is not happy to have the Acolytes. Not that he's not happy, but this is what Cullen said "Magneto himself won't even know quite how to handle this groups." It doesn't necessarily say he's not happy but, sort of. Definitely there would be Acolytes coming soon. "Their role grows slowly, but will be important." Either way, this story's going to be hugely powerful. And eventually, we get to know what exactly Mag is.

I still haven't got mine, yet. I'm sure the Incarnation haven't emerge, yet. We just need to C how he handles the groups. Maybe it's because there will be so many that even without his full powers, he just don't seem to know how to control them. I don't know. Is what I'm thinking.

Good point. It's not specific of him thinking that way but, like you said, it's probably cause he's powers are not quite developed yet. I was just saying what the article was implying. You should get your Magneto book because you will love it.

I know you were. I was just guessing what might be the reason. And I finally got my Magneto book. This is going to be very intense and I believe we all going to be very happy with this Magneto solo book. I, myself, thought it was going to be meh (and no is not the reason why I took 4ever to get it lol just saying). I'm hoping this continue to wow us cuz this seem to be like nothing b4 and very promising. Cullen Bunn, finally I can say You Go Boy! lol.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have anyone purchased the new Magneto #2?

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

It was a good issue with a damn big flaw. I enjoyed the blood and Magneto's ruthlessness, it was also nice to see him using martial arts. Breaking one's neck with his bare hands is not how we used to see Magneto in action, and of this stuff I'd like to see more =)

What I really hated was the unnecessary comparison to the Nazi in the end, it was forced and annoying. Shooting scum that capture defenseless people to turn them into Omega Faketinels so they could auto-kill mutants, and shooting a boy for stealing food for his starving family, has absolutely no equivalency.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

It was a good issue with a damn big flaw. I enjoyed the blood and Magneto's ruthlessness, it was also nice to see him using martial arts. Breaking one's neck with his bare hands is not how we used to see Magneto in action, and of this stuff I'd like to see more =)

What I really hated was the unnecessary comparison to the Nazi in the end, it was forced and annoying. Shooting scum that capture defenseless people to turn them into Omega Faketinels so they could auto-kill mutants, and shooting a boy for stealing food for his starving family, has absolutely no equivalency.

I got it, it was great and the comparison i think i actually liked but i viewed it as a different way,

I thought it was the fact that through his long hard life magento had learned that only the people who have no heart, no compassion, no sense of truth are the ones who get things done. The most effect way is typically morally wrong way

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By adamTRMM

@mcklayn:

That's what you get if try to sympathize with him, but not anybody will, couse a story interpreted by each person differently, so there will be those who will say he just tries to justify his comparable to Nazis ways.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it just shows a natural human dilemma. We are shaped by our surroundings good and bad. And as Mcklayn mentioned, its what gets things done. At times its a choice of whether you will become the thing you hate to accomplish your purpose.Does the end justify the means? In certain instances I would say yes. I guess this is why I lean toward the darker or grey hero, anti-hero type. I feel at times you have to get your hands dirty because in dealing with some people and situations that's what they understand. its like in comics why keep capturing the bad guy and locking him up after thwarting his plans, only to have him constantly escaping and now starting to gun for you and your family and pick your family and team off one at a time? I guess this appeals to me because at the core I believe in "eye for an eye". I believe when humans behave in an inhumane way then there is no such thing as inhumane treatment.

This is something thats been discussed alot, at least in my experience, in the military. Do you become the ruthless dictator in order to root out the enemy and then establish peace and so-called freedom? one of the biggest and funniest, i guess call it ironic and cliched statements i hear all the time is the idea and threat of the UN sending in their peacekeeping armies. Its hilarious, you have an army outfitted for war and waging war to keep and establish peace.

Sorry to get political or whatever its just that this is something that really appeals to me when it comes to comic characters.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Sorry to get political or whatever its just that this is something that really appeals to me when it comes to comic characters.

These sorts of comics are actually the best ones, or at least in a top .)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the same reaction to Magneto's decision to follow in the steps of that Nazi although I don't quite know what to make of his belief that because he was spared, he is meant for greater things. I mean, I could be convinced that it's to showcase his arrogance (which is a big defining aspect of the character) but it causes some alarm.

I don't necessarily agree with Magneto but I can see how morality in terms of killing/not killing can be molded to accommodate him. I got a little worried with the cleaning woman but that too is important to note since Magneto pulled back and questioned himself which is a good thing.

Really enjoying this book.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn this sound really good. I'm a lil behind. Still haven't got my second issue yet but, from what I'm hearing, I need to get this by 2morrow lol. I knew Nazis were going to be involved in this story.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Poze11

Wow I need to get this book. I actually forgot the second book was out already. I'm hoping the Nazis doesn't present in the whole series because they're NASTY.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11: @blackblade: @lykopis: @hawk2916: @mcklayn: @adamtrmm:

Definitely an adult Magneto series. Is not that Mag is emulating the Nazis, but he learned the hard way that...in war...ruthlessness is an effective tactic. To promise mercy...but not deliver... means that not only does he get information...but also an enemy is not left alive to inform the next target. Also, we don't often see Magneto getting his hands dirty physically as we did here. I have a feeling this is going to get better and better and wow...lol.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By adamTRMM

The slaughterhouses that Magnus leaves behind him reminded me of one of the most idiotic part in Remender's Uncanny X-force, where Magneto asks Wolverine to kill a Nazi, that he, himself for somereason couldn't. One of the worst characterizations of him. There was another story about that I like much better, where Magneto finds another underground mutant freedom fighter and the second he's told that "That mutant vowed that mutants will never fall to slaughter like he witnessed at Auschwitz" made Magneto become overreacting and heavily empathetic towards him, until the second where it's revealed that he wasn't a simple prisoner, he was a guard that forced Mags' family into the gas chambers, that seems to be regretting of his past stating "Humanity doesn't change, what was once could easily happen again, I saw it all and was too young and foolish to realize". Knowing Magneto, we also know that "remorse" never stops him from "doing what needs to be done", and while the mutant ex-Nazi tells Mags that if he will kill him, all the secrets that documented humanity in its worst and could definitely serve their mutant cause, will be lost forever. What will Magneto choose, the future lives that will be saved or revenge for those already lost?

What do you think he chose?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By lykopis

@adamtrmm: Yeah, that part in X-Force always annoyed me. I happen to know what Magneto chose to do, and keeping Magneto's character in mind as I know it, there was no way he couldn't go the way he did. (The mutant's name was Whisper, btw.) Great story, I agree.

@cutter: This is why I am really loving this book so far -- Magneto in the trenches instead of loftily floating in the air as he wraps girders around armies of humans is exactly what I was hoping for. Sure, the lack of control/ability to use his powers could be argued as the reason, but not according to the story being told so far. It's well done. I always loved to hate Magneto, but this is a take on the character others in the past argued to me was always a part of him. As a long time Marvel fan, it's cool. :)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By adamTRMM

@lykopis said:

Yeah, that part in X-Force always annoyed me. I happen to know what Magneto chose to do, and keeping Magneto's character in mind as I know it, there was no way he couldn't go the way he did. (The mutant's name was Whisper, btw.) Great story, I agree.

Nice :) It was obvious that Remender wanted that part with Magneto and a Nazi to serve some metaphor and symbolism to his "killing is wrong" X-force part of the run, but damn it was almost character assassination right there. Not only Magnus is bloodthirsty for revenge and demonstration of power, he happened to kill innocents. Now, the way it was shown, there was some pretty important officer that by my understanding messed up Mags' life personally, and he, having his whereabouts, chooses to give the satisfaction of that sweet vendetta to.... Wolvie? F@ck me, illogical logic.

As for the second part, you're right. It depends on how you view the character, some prefer to see in him, as I think, lameass "he has become what he hates the most.", I see "Look what "humanity" did to him." with all the ensuing consequences. For me, Planet X, Eve of Destruction and even Fatal Attractions are dull and simplistic visions of what man with a tragic and troubled background is. Why must he sink into pure madness and mindless fanaticism? The answer is simple and absolutely not satisfying, because in the end of the day it's "hero vs. villain!!". 616 Magneto is a messed up and inconsistent character if we acknowledge his whole history from day one, yet for me, what Claremont tried to make him, with that absolutely powerful background from WWII to the second where CIA agents kill that girl he started to get close to, that is the most symbolic and definitive part of his character for me. Too bad writers and editors don't see or don't need that for most of time. But in this age of antiheroes I am kinda optimistic, but in the same time I am ready for a repetitive character regression.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Frozon

I think an anti-hero. Though he is getting good with what he's doing. I just got mine last week and I already got hook for more. This is not the Magneto we used to see. Still waiting for the moment of his gathering new mutants. It look like this series is going to be longer than what we expect it.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lykopis: I was thinking the same thing. It's cool to see Magneto being more physical. I wonder how far he's willing to go and how bloody he's willing to get.

@adamtrmm: To answer your question...knowing Magneto he'll choose both...because rescuing mutants and revenge are both priorities to him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

No, like almost always, he chooses death :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

No, like almost always, he chooses death :)

Lol...that wasn't one of the choices.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter:

"Revenge for those already lost" ,)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

"Revenge for those already lost" ,)

I guess that makes sense. But I think that saving mutants is also now his priority.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@poze11: @blackblade: @lykopis: @hawk2916: @mcklayn: @adamtrmm:

Definitely an adult Magneto series. Is not that Mag is emulating the Nazis, but he learned the hard way that...in war...ruthlessness is an effective tactic. To promise mercy...but not deliver... means that not only does he get information...but also an enemy is not left alive to inform the next target. Also, we don't often see Magneto getting his hands dirty physically as we did here. I have a feeling this is going to get better and better and wow...lol.

I completely agree with you. Good point. I don't think he's trying to portray himself as a Nazi either. I loooove seeing Magneto get physical. Magneto getting his hands all bloody and he doesn't give a damn who he will have to kill. I'm loving it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

I guess that makes sense. But I think that saving mutants is also now his priority.

Depends. On this occasion he preferred humans. That's the Magneto I like, so unpredictable he himself might not even realize. :)

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Cutter

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter said:

Depends. On this occasion he preferred humans. That's the Magneto I like, so unpredictable he himself might not even realize. :)

Good point...it does seem like. But I think we need more then 2 comics to judge that accurately.

By the way....here is the Variant from Issue#3?

No Caption Provided

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Also...in issue #4 we will gain a greater understanding of why his mission is so important to him.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By adamTRMM

@cutter:

It was a story from Marvel Comics Presents v.2 I was talking about, not from the ongoing :)

Cool variant btw, dam I want more issues per month.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool variant of Magneto (how come I haven't seen this yet?). I got issue #2 and I was speechless of the ruthlessness of this section. Magneto seems to go hand on hand with every one who gets his his way. The way he use martial arts was the least I expected from him. This is the badass Magneto I was longing for. I truly can't wait to C the next issue because this hooked me for more. Let C what the next section would be. And Cutter, how do U know what's going to happen in Issue #4 when we don't know anything from issue #3 yet? U seem to be ahead of everyone lol. Glad U'R informing us. Keep up with the update would ya lol.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

It was a story from Marvel Comics Presents v.2 I was talking about, not from the ongoing :)

Me toooooo...lol. I thought we were talking about the ongoing series...lol. I don't think I read Marvel Comics Presents v.2

Cool variant of Magneto (how come I haven't seen this yet?). I got issue #2 and I was speechless of the ruthlessness of this section. Magneto seems to go hand on hand with every one who gets his his way. The way he use martial arts was the least I expected from him. This is the badass Magneto I was longing for. I truly can't wait to C the next issue because this hooked me for more. Let C what the next section would be. And Cutter, how do U know what's going to happen in Issue #4 when we don't know anything from issue #3 yet? U seem to be ahead of everyone lol. Glad U'R informing us. Keep up with the update would ya lol.

I'm sure we all love the way Magneto uses his martial art to kill. I also can't wait for the next one...I hate waiting every month. I was searching for something and found this little article and read it...and brought it up...lol.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This is a wow moment. I am more than interested to see where else Erik is headed and just how far he is willing to go in his pursuit of justice. The issue holds true to what has historically made the character so interesting, despite his villainous ways, he sees himself as a champion to his cause. I was very impressed with his killing and this comic is definitely an adult series. This is not for kids and I hope they ain't reading or buying this Magneto book. Too dark, too brutal, and it's awesome and it's clear were in for one hell of a ride lol. This I never thought. Btw cool variant, but I don't buy variants cause they're too expensive, which is $20.00 per a variant.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutter said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

Me toooooo...lol. I thought we were talking about the ongoing series...lol. I don't think I read Marvel Comics Presents v.2

@moonlighterstone said:

I'm sure we all love the way Magneto uses his martial art to kill. I also can't wait for the next one...I hate waiting every month. I was searching for something and found this little article and read it...and brought it up...lol.

I'm excited to C where this series goes. Is the Magneto book all the x-fans needed and deserved. Well keep up bringing all the update lol.

Hotshotters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love seeing max getting all bloody. it is apparent that this series is going to be heavy. magneto is no regular man, he will never surrender his ideals. i'm so glad this book exists.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. This is a wow moment. I am more than interested to see where else Erik is headed and just how far he is willing to go in his pursuit of justice. The issue holds true to what has historically made the character so interesting, despite his villainous ways, he sees himself as a champion to his cause. I was very impressed with his killing and this comic is definitely an adult series. This is not for kids and I hope they ain't reading or buying this Magneto book. Too dark, too brutal, and it's awesome and it's clear were in for one hell of a ride lol. This I never thought. Btw cool variant, but I don't buy variants cause they're too expensive, which is $20.00 per a variant.

I believe is not for kids...it is too dark and brutal for kids to be reading and seeing the killing stuff. And yes the variants are expensive...20 to 25 or more.

@cutter said:

@adamtrmm said:

@cutter:

@moonlighterstone said:

I'm excited to C where this series goes. Is the Magneto book all the x-fans needed and deserved. Well keep up bringing all the update lol.

I'm also excited about it. I truly can wait to see the next issue because the image I posted of one of Magneto's variant...it show like he's above the city and it look like he's undoing something as you can see those metal flowing around him. Can this be one of the sentinel? And yes this book is what we all needed and deserved :)

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm a lil late, but better late than never ha ha. Magneto is the BOMB. Magneto is a bit of Punisher type. I'm loving the shit out of this book. Kinda sadistic but I love how creative he is with his killing. Truly scary take on him. Can't wait to see the next issue.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm a lil late, but better late than never ha ha. Magneto is the BOMB. Magneto is a bit of Punisher type. I'm loving the shit out of this book. Kinda sadistic but I love how creative he is with his killing. Truly scary take on him. Can't wait to see the next issue.

He do look some kind of Punisher type. Good observation. I also can't wait for the next issue either. This keep getting better and better and hope it keep like this till Marvel decides to end it.

Poze11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh it was really good. The moment I finished this I wanted issue 3 right away. I've been very picky with the large amount of All New Marvel Now books cause there are so so so many. But Magneto is one that I will most definitely be coming back too. I'm so so so happy with this book... Ha.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poze11 said:

Oh it was really good. The moment I finished this I wanted issue 3 right away. I've been very picky with the large amount of All New Marvel Now books cause there are so so so many. But Magneto is one that I will most definitely be coming back too. I'm so so so happy with this book... Ha.

I guess we all are happy for this book. I really can't wait for the next issue...I really hate waiting every month for it...that part sucks...lol.

i love seeing max getting all bloody. it is apparent that this series is going to be heavy. magneto is no regular man, he will never surrender his ideals. i'm so glad this book exists.

Im also glad this book exists...knowing that most of us are not happy with others current comics. Magneto is the best yet to pick at the store...lol.

Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering where this thread go? lol. I'm surprised no one made any comments about the Magneto next issue. I'm I the only one buying or reading this series? lol.

Magneto continued his killing and finally discover who was behind the omega sentinel. Well, I'm sure he's after the head of this conspiracy. I truly felt bad for this young woman who seemed to just follow her orders and that cause her her death. Magneto doesn't seem to care about who is who. Who ever it is, is going down. I'm luvin it.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last issue felt like a feeler, of course the ending explains a lot, but the same content and type of story-telling becomes repetitive so I hope Bunn will go into new developments ASAP.

I think I'm missing something in the internal voice Bunn gives to Magneto. I understand, the first 3-issue arc delivered the more hideous, deducting and grim parts of his personality, but let's also not forget - he is not the Punisher. There are lots a complicated, artistic and even "outdated" angles of his character which I really hope the writer will also start to acknowledge. That's why the sentence "I might have enjoyed these respites amidst nature had my youth not been stolen away from me" felt kinda forced, I mean, it's obvious he is much more than this eternally dark "woe is me" attitude. What about hidden romanticism, love for arts and literature, which maybe were mostly parts only acknowledged by Claremont and Carey, yet still cannon. Another thing writer must not forget, besides Rogue, all of his women were regular humans, how does it fit his "racist supremacist" image? Always dug the idea behind Magneto/Omega Sentinel romance, could be very thought-provoking if handled rightly.

Anyway, "I'm looking for more".

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The series has been a good one. Magneto is nore of a revolutionary than Scott ever thought about being. My only criticism with isuue #4 was the inclusion of the silly freakish looking mutants. The serious tone is lost in that. It would have been so cool if it was normal looking kids or at least mostly normal looking. Even some sort of medical transport with the kids being sedated with mask on or something

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hay caramba. I haven't got into this series yet, pero from what I'm reading seem to be very interesting. I like Magneto and now that I know about his new comic series I'm going to try to get it. I really need to see who this new incarnation is going to be. I hope Unuscione is one of them and some of those that are still around. Never thought of this. Wow. Finally the Acolytes are coming back. I wish to see Spiral involve with Magneto porque that will be so AWESOME lol.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is the BOMB. Ever since his first issue, he's been killing and you can see his hands full of blood. This is the bad ass Magneto we've never seen. I only hope his Acolytes doesn't turn out to a bloodthirst like Magneto. Even though, the original Acolytes were (kind of). All we need to see who's the female in the next issue, which it has everyone wondering. Funny because I haven't seen Magneto gathering his mutants. I guess after he's done with his first mission, he will begin so. Overall, I like it so far.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Magneto comic is so disturbing. Just got my series yesterday and bought 1-4 (thanks to this site I found out about it) and all you see is blood and killing. My god, this comic shouldn't be for kids. Despite how disturbing this is, I really like the new outcome of Magneto. Im glad he is on his own and I do know some of the Acolytes as well. My favorite is Tempo, Kleinstock, Exodus, Scanner, Barnicle, Skids, and Projector. Im glad the Acolytes are coming back and let see "who" form the original one get to return. Im hoping for Scanner to be back as well as Tempo and Kleinstock. I'm so glad I found this site yesterday. Oh and BTW, I think Magneto is an anti hero. He's stepping for the right thing, but in a evil way. I love it.

BlackBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By BlackBlade

@hawk2916 said:

The series has been a good one. Magneto is nore of a revolutionary than Scott ever thought about being. My only criticism with isuue #4 was the inclusion of the silly freakish looking mutants. The serious tone is lost in that. It would have been so cool if it was normal looking kids or at least mostly normal looking. Even some sort of medical transport with the kids being sedated with mask on or something

I absolutely agree with that. It would have been cool if they were normal looking kids. I didn't like the fact that they were appearing like a freak.

In the story Magneto to axis, there are a few mutants looking like a freak, who seem to be fighting Magneto except the blue woman. I think she is some kind of water girl or something. I thought Magneto should keep her and kill the rest of them lol. I like the way Magneto fought the pedetor x. VERY punisher appearing and how good he's at it. He finally discover about the mutant hormone and I'm sure he is going to take one for him. I wonder what he will become like? Mixing his mutation hormone with other mutant hormone? What will be his specific cell or tissues into action? There was a phrase that we will see a big change in Magneto. I wonder if this has to be about the mutant hormone?

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackblade: Interesting line of thought with those questions

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Twinblock

It is kind of confusing. First I thought he was a hero, then I thought he was a villain, then I thought he was both. I think he's playing anti-hero this time, but who knows for how long. He's being killing people, which does not make him a good guy, but he's saving mutants, which make him the savior. Magneto will be known as the great emancipator and that would make him an anti-hero.

This story of the Magnus is very fierce and bloody. Magneto comic book is nothing like others. I'm very impressed with Bunn's original story. I like it and I also like the Acolytes to some degree. Wasn't a fan until I got to the Fall of Avalon. I saw those females and they were all beautiful and unique to me (except Frenzy... I always thought she was like a tomboy). Nevertheless, they all seem ok in my book. As for the new incarnation, Bunn was smart enough to regroup the Acolytes once again, but with new faces and as much excitement as this is, I would like to see some familiar faces as well. At lease the females he he. I'm a fan of Magneto and his followers just like I'm a fan of Vulcan and his followers. I'm sure we will all be impressed with the new incarnation.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#199  Edited By John Valentine

I hope he remains in anti-hero territory, it's what suits him most, IMO. I'd love to see him dish out some justice to Red Skull and cripple his henchmen.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto is the best comic out there, imo. Magneto continue his crusade and nothing would stop him. This is the Magneto I always expected to see, a very vicious man, who seek justice for the mutant kind. Justice is what he wants and Justice is his final. I also hope he remain anti-hero (as John Valentine stated) because it's suits him most and when he was trying to be a hero, this didn't really worked out for him. Magneto fighting the predator x was entertaining to me. I feel we are getting closer to the Acolytes scene. I'm glad I found out about this series, yes, a little late, but better late then never.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.