Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

which mutants would you like to see on film?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

they could have been already done but sucked like "Juggernaut" or never seen before like "cable".

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

Magik

No Caption Provided

Magma

No Caption Provided

Sunspot

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Noticing a theme yet?

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@knighthood: Magma never did it for me, but big yes to Magik, Sunspot, and Karma! I'd love to see Cannonball, Moonstar, Wolfsbane, and Richter too!

No Caption Provided

I think a character that seems weirdly absent from the movies so far is Destiny, especially since they're doing DoFP, in which her role was especially thematically relevant.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jphulk26

i´d like to see Rogue. The actual Rogue. Not some damsil in distress.

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Madrox, and that dumb fill in from X3 does NOT count.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

A better portrayal of Psylocke and Colossus. But, I also want to see Rachel Summers, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, the New Mutants, and the New X-Men.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Mutants or Generation X. Not like that rubbish 90s Gen X film.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
    Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Cable, Deadpool, A real Juggernaut and Arcangel.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldnightcrawler

actually, the more I think about it, the more I'd like to see more of almost any character done well. When I think about which characters were actually done justice, over the course of the four movies they've made, it's not a long list.

Really only Xavier, Magneto, and Wolverine have been done all that well. And Mystique I guess, even if she was a pretty different character in the movies.

Rogue's story was good enough in X-men, but she should have been a bruiser by the end of the first movie. It actually wouldn't have been that hard either; consider that Magneto can't use his machine thing because it will kill him, but instead of just sacrificing a teenage mutant (something he probably wouldn't have done in the comics), he uses Rogue because she can absorb not only his powers, but also Sabertooth's healing factor to survive. She could have actually started on the Brotherhood's side and have superpowers and a split personality (the two things she was missing) by the end of the first movie, hence giving her a reason to join the X-men at the beginning of the second movie.

Nightcrawler, Iceman, and Beast were all pretty good, though, again, pretty different/underused compared to their comic book counterparts (I've often thought Iceman's role in the story could have easily been replaced with Cannonball as the friendly boy at school/character who speaks for the younger characters/obvious future member of the team). And yet Sebastion Shaw, Stryker, and especially Pyro became actually more interesting/relevant than their counterparts.

Everyone else they used were kinda just background characters/week bastardizations. That's not to say that I didn't like the movies, I do still think that X-2 and :First Class were great movies, but I'd definitely be interested in seeing the X-men more as they were in the early 80's. That's the main X-men thing that was really missing from the movies: the great relationships within the team itself. That's what I'd want to see, Storm and Wolverine teaching Kitty, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, and each other to be X-men.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cattlebattle

. And yet Sebastion Shaw, Stryker, and especially Pyro became actually more interesting/relevant than their counterparts.

Gah!! What?? Not saying Kevin Bacon wasn't awesome in First Class but Shaw was a great villain in the comics. He was pompous and arrogant till the end and always had a plan to manipulate someone with another plan, whether the the person being manipulated was good or evil....and if the X-Men would track him down to fight him he wasn't some guy that usually was taken down easily, Shaw would usually beat the crap out of all of them. People always equate the villain trifecta of the X-Men as Apocalypse, Magneto and Sinister, I have always disagreed. I think Shaw is way better than Sinister or Apocalypse.

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost (No not that one)

Magik

X-23

Siryn

Warpath

GREGalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By GREGalicious

I would love to see the quirky EXCALIBUR team and the hilarious X-STATIX team on film. Kick-Ass has proved that a superhero film could be both funny, ultraviolent, and action packed yet still profitable. I think they'd be really cool.

Also, I would love a GENERATION X film done right. They were awesome and I always thought the team got such a raw deal (they were every bit as cool as the New Mutants). Most just seemed to be killed or tossed aside.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By chem86

Cable, Domino, Magik, Boom-Boom, Syrin

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gah!! What?? Not saying Kevin Bacon wasn't awesome in First Class but Shaw was a great villain in the comics. He was pompous and arrogant till the end and always had a plan to manipulate someone with another plan, whether the the person being manipulated was good or evil....and if the X-Men would track him down to fight him he wasn't some guy that usually was taken down easily, Shaw would usually beat the crap out of all of them. People always equate the villain trifecta of the X-Men as Apocalypse, Magneto and Sinister, I have always disagreed. I think Shaw is way better than Sinister or Apocalypse.

I'm not saying I don't like Shaw in the comics, but he rarely seems to actually do that much. I've read just about every X-men comic from the 60's-10's, and outside of getting Mastermind to control Phoenix and slapping around a few X-men on occasion, I don't recall him doing anything all that diabolical. Maybe there's some really epic Shaw story I'm forgetting, but I don't recall him ever actually being as much of a big threat in the comics as he was in 'First Class.

Can you give me any examples?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cattlebattle

I'm not saying I don't like Shaw in the comics, but he rarely seems to actually do that much. I've read just about every X-men comic from the 60's-10's, and outside of getting Mastermind to control Phoenix and slapping around a few X-men on occasion, I don't recall him doing anything all that diabolical. Maybe there's some really epic Shaw story I'm forgetting, but I don't recall him ever actually being as much of a big threat in the comics as he was in 'First Class.

Can you give me any examples?

He invented Nimrod!! He manipulated the sentinel program back into action...several times....one of which allowed to gain more money as defense contractor, thus outsmarting the government. Before the Dark Phoenix saga he sent a mercenary in to tap the mansion which was a success. His plan to have Emma switch minds with Storm, he plotted to use Magneto as not only bringing him closer to the X-men (to destroy them??) but also to help usurp Selene who is very powerful and was a threat to Shaw. He also had more original plans usually. He always sought to control the X-Gene, he tried to develop some sort of elixir for the Legacy Virus once and he also tried to create a cure at one point

JROCK72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Polaris, Siryn, Cannonball, Husk, Lifeguard, Dark Beast, Rockslide, Hellion, Pixie, X-23, Match, Trance, and Dust.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to see Cyclops turn up in one of the X-films, probably wont happen though which is a shame considering his status among the X-men.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShadowX

Karma, anole, northstar, Bling!, Pixie, X-23, Destiny,Jubillie, Rachel Summers. Better portryals of Mystiqilue, Rogue, Storm, and Psylocke And just more of Nightcrawler and kitty pryde, because they weren bad i just want to see more of them

Edit: also Magik, Collosus, And Danielle Moonstar.

I alsp think Omega Sentinel would be intresting to see.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of the New Mutants.

X-23 would be awesome, as would Daken.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I just want Nightcrawler and Cyclops back.

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see either the New Mutants or Gen X. That would be great :)

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jonez_

Apocalypse, also I want an actually cool looking Iceman and Collosus. Plus if you're counting all mutants I want Namor.

Jeanniebird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez120: Does Fox have the rights to Namor? I mean, he is not exaclty just X-Men related. But since they also on the FF I guess they could use him.

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A real Cyclops.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He invented Nimrod!! He manipulated the sentinel program back into action...several times....one of which allowed to gain more money as defense contractor, thus outsmarting the government. Before the Dark Phoenix saga he sent a mercenary in to tap the mansion which was a success. His plan to have Emma switch minds with Storm, he plotted to use Magneto as not only bringing him closer to the X-men (to destroy them??) but also to help usurp Selene who is very powerful and was a threat to Shaw. He also had more original plans usually. He always sought to control the X-Gene, he tried to develop some sort of elixir for the Legacy Virus once and he also tried to create a cure at one point

are you sure? I don't remember any mention of him inventing Nimrod; as far as I understood, Nimrod was from a parallel universe, the same as Rachel.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are you sure? I don't remember any mention of him inventing Nimrod; as far as I understood, Nimrod was from a parallel universe, the same as Rachel.

Yes...it was paradox thingy. Like Terminator/Skynet thing in the Terminator franchise. You know, the government found the pieces of the Terminator destroyed in the first movie and used it to build Skynet...same deal, Shaw used the tech from the Nimrod he and Leland thrashed, also the Tri Sentinel that Loki made during Acts of Vengeance was said to be the catalyst.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@cattlebattle: I've only ever seen the first Terminator movie, but I see what you mean. I just don't remember that.

Was it actually in an X-men comic or was it some spin-off title? it just really seems like the sort of thing I'd remember..

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cattlebattle

@cattlebattle: I've only ever seen the first Terminator movie, but I see what you mean. I just don't remember that.

Was it actually in an X-men comic or was it some spin-off title? it just really seems like the sort of thing I'd remember..

The acts of Vengeance tri sentinel thing happened when Spider-Man had cosmic power...so that was probably in a different title. The indication that Shaw Industries would one day develop Nimrod was implicated in a conversation Shaw had with Senator Kelly in Uncanny X-Men 246 or so....

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@cattlebattle said:

The indication that Shaw Industries would one day develop Nimrod was implicated in a conversation Shaw had with Senator Kelly in Uncanny X-Men 246 or so....

right, the same issue that Nimrod uncovered/became Mastermold. okay.. I do remember that now (sorry, I get a little hazy around the replacement era X-men). Again though, time paradox or no, that would be a little more impressive if he were "inventing" something that hadn't already tried to kill him a few months earlier (his time).

I admit, I had forgotten all about that (what with all the other ridiculousness of the replacement era), but I think it's actually a fair example of why Shaw is so forgettable: he's always lurking in the background, and is rarely ever the real threat.

That's just my sense of it, and you have given me some food for thought (thanks for the issue number, by the way). It makes me want to go back and reassess my previous statement about his relevance. I just hope I don't have to reread to much of the replacement era to do so..

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

The indication that Shaw Industries would one day develop Nimrod was implicated in a conversation Shaw had with Senator Kelly in Uncanny X-Men 246 or so....

right, the same issue that Nimrod uncovered/became Mastermold. okay.. I do remember that now (sorry, I get a little hazy around the replacement era X-men). Again though, time paradox or no, that would be a little more impressive if he were "inventing" something that hadn't already tried to kill him a few months earlier (his time).

I admit, I had forgotten all about that (what with all the other ridiculousness of the replacement era), but I think it's actually a fair example of why Shaw is so forgettable: he's always lurking in the background, and is rarely ever the real threat.

That's just my sense of it, and you have given me some food for thought (thanks for the issue number, by the way). It makes me want to go back and reassess my previous statement about his relevance. I just hope I don't have to reread to much of the replacement era to do so..

Uncanny X-Men.net does amazing biopics of villains. There is no way I remember all that stuff, lol. I was just reading through the Sebastian Shaw on the other day...http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=11&fldAuto=221

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By Mega_spidey01
    No Caption Provided

pyslocke,

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#33  Edited By Silver_Raven

My hope would be to see a New Mutant film with a bunch of young X-characters, never seen on screen before but with some exceptions. Like Jubilee and Mirage, who were briefly seen or mentioned in X1 and X2 but will hopefully star in a spin-off of the X-men movie.

The X-films need more female empowerment and sadly they did not do Storm or the others justice. So I really would love someone like M on the screen with all her mutant abilities on display. Also if they could write around or make sense of her magic powers/demonic history then Magik for sure as well. Those two characters would be so cool to see in all their glory.

Also would love to see the third movie, after DOFP, to be about the Mutant Massacre and have the Morlocks and the Marauders.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Crimsonlord53

Dust would be interesting. But done well not just as a diversity character.

Oh and english Elizabeth Braddock.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want an Age of Apocalypse movie! Bring on Nate Grey and En Sabah Nur!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.