Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which member of XX-Men is going to be on M's hitlist?

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Which member of XX-Men is going to be on M's hitlist? (30 votes)

Storm, the matriarch and original Know-It-All 43%
    Shadowcat, the fellow genius and smart mouth 7%
    Rachel Grey, the easy target (see Rachel and stairs) 17%
    Psylocke, the upper-crust warrior with a mouth like a sailor 7%
    Rogue, the butcherer of the English language 17%
    Bling!, the awkward newbie with an explanation point 3%
    BFFs all around 7%

Monet clashes wonderfully with at least one member of each team she's on. First it was Emma Frost and Jubilee in Gen X and over the course of X-Factor she most notably butt heads with Banshee, Madrox, and Wolfsbane (with her and Rictor ribbing each other occasionally). There was also the really unfortunate Pip debacle, but I'm ignoring it because it was Cousin Pip, the sign of X-Factor's end times.

Now that she's hitting the big leagues, who--apart from Jubilee--will be her new nemesis? Or with all the in-fighting will she just sit back and fan the flames?

• 
    darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rachel Grey, the easy target (see Rachel and stairs)

i didnt get this. please explain. =)

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Emequious_Swerve

The M that didn't get along with Emma Frost and Jubilee was really her twin sisters in a gestalt form.

I am saying Psylocke.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

maybe she will be so happy to be on a decent team with decent leadership that she wont fight too much. Maybe she would give it to Jubilee,bling and,psylocke. My question is.... are we really sure she's joining the team? Those covers can be misleading. Also this would be about 3 psychics on one team. Seems like a bit much. Though M is one of my favorites so I want more of her regardless

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to directly challenge Storm, so Storm is out. Shadowkat to me has the weakest personality but she also kind of a snob, yet still childish. Rachel would be a good mark for M to mess with, however Rachel is way more powerful in telepathy to for her to threaten without being lobotomized, i would say the same for psylocke given her time on X-men she is not someone to be messed with. Jubilee is way too smart for M to be on her level. M tried messing with Jubilee before in Generation X, they might continue this rively they had, but Jubilee always seemed to get the best of her.

I am going to have to say Rogue is the most likely. She doesn't have a defined powerset, and is literally the weakest one in the group of women, however she has a strong and sometimes overbearing personality that comes off and preachy if it isn't Jubilee due to their history.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel Grey, the easy target (see Rachel and stairs)

i didnt get this. please explain. =)

Rachel famously fell down a flight of stairs during Claremont's 3rd Uncanny run. I think it was during Coipel's first X-Men issues when Viper and the Inner Circle hunted down the X-Men in Murderworld.

The M that didn't get along with Emma Frost and Jubilee was really her twin sisters in a gestalt form.

I am saying Psylocke.

M's biggest fights with Emma were probably the Twins (which is unfortunate) but Monet definitely still feuded with Jubilee during Faeber's run.

@hawk2916 said:

maybe she will be so happy to be on a decent team with decent leadership that she wont fight too much. Maybe she would give it to Jubilee,bling and,psylocke. My question is.... are we really sure she's joining the team? Those covers can be misleading. Also this would be about 3 psychics on one team. Seems like a bit much. Though M is one of my favorites so I want more of her regardless

Yes, Brian Wood confirmed she would be joining the team with issue 7, the first issue of Muertas.

I don't think anyone is stupid enough to directly challenge Storm, so Storm is out. Shadowkat to me has the weakest personality but she also kind of a snob, yet still childish. Rachel would be a good mark for M to mess with, however Rachel is way more powerful in telepathy to for her to threaten without being lobotomized, i would say the same for psylocke given her time on X-men she is not someone to be messed with. Jubilee is way too smart for M to be on her level. M tried messing with Jubilee before in Generation X, they might continue this rively they had, but Jubilee always seemed to get the best of her.

I am going to have to say Rogue is the most likely. She doesn't have a defined powerset, and is literally the weakest one in the group of women, however she has a strong and sometimes overbearing personality that comes off and preachy if it isn't Jubilee due to their history.

I think if Monet's fatal fight with Pluto taught us anything, its that Monet doesn't back down no matter how powerful you are. Even if she is outclassed in raw power, I think Monet will still come guns blazing if personal beef arises with any of the ladies.

Avatar image for emequious_swerve
    Emequious_Swerve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

M's biggest fights with Emma were probably the Twins (which is unfortunate) but Monet definitely still feuded with Jubilee during Faeber's run.

Please, don't remind me of Jay Faerbers run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@emequious_swerve said:

I am saying Psylocke.

As I recall, M (as the twins) had no real issue in particular with Jubilee. It was M (Monet) who had a problem with her, stating that Jubilee treated her like a pet when she was in her Penance form (state? Whatever). So yeah, they fought a hell of a lot. I don't remember Monet really getting along consistently with anyone, except for Synch.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im excited to get M in a mainstream book. I actually pictured her joining Cyclops team but im so glad Wood is writing her

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of off-topic, but I disagree. Rogue is hardly the weakest member, if all, I would say she is one of the strongest.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mercy_

Gonna say Rachel.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue single handedly took on the whole avengers with just her power absorption power.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rachel Grey

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GonnaRain

@darthphoenix said:

Rogue single handedly took on the whole avengers with just her power absorption power.

And recently she gave a spanking to She-Hulk and co. when they tried to play it smart with the JGS during AvX.

Rogue is badass, and knows how to combine the powers she absorbs in interesting ways.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@darthphoenix said:

And recently she gave a spanking to She-Hulk and co. when they tried to play it smart with the JGS during AvX.

Rogue is badass, and knows how to combine the powers she absorbs in interesting ways.

The only part of AvX and, actually, the only part of Gage's run that i actually liked. Anna Marie thrashed them.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Rouge because when push comes to shove, the gloves are off with Rogue and we are going to see who is 'better with flight, super strength, and durability a.k.a. Rouge's M.O.

That would a memorable fight and an excuse to get Rogue flying and strong again.

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Silver_Raven

Rogue is a shadow of her former self. She has been such a snooze and a lightning rod of needless melodrama. I miss the old (Ms. Marvel) Rogue, and the personality she had to match those powers. So unless she finally get to keep one those useful powers she borrows, she is just going to keep on being a copycatter rather than an originator.

But now that M has graduated to the head of the class and will be joining the X-Women I finally have my superwoman character back, so who needs Rogue. ^-^

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Rogue actually has to leave the team cause of Remender's babble to make way for M...omfg.

I mean i like M, but Wood's managed to breathe some well needed fresh air into Rogue's character--Remender's iteration is an angsty step-child who doesn't know when to stop moaning and now

she might get killed in one of his ott story-arcs

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Blacharrt1

@selina_sublime: "I think if Monet's fatal fight with Pluto taught us anything, its that Monet doesn't back down no matter how powerful you are. Even if she is outclassed in raw power, I think Monet will still come guns blazing if personal beef arises with any of the ladies."

The topic is who is M going to go after on her hitlist, meaning she is actively gunning for those people in a conflict. M went after Pluto mostly out of vanity and the fact that all her stuff was destroyed, so she was pissed, and needed an outlet, for her frustration which happened a lot in X-factor. Pluto is not a good example of the kind of hitlist that i think is being disgusted in the poll, if you said Jubilee, or Layla Miller (before they became friends) then it would make sense. M actively antagonized those two simply out of spite, that's the kind of hitlist i thought we were talking about. If she tried to simply fight Storm, yeah she could definitely try, but she would lose, and rather quickly. I'm sure M is well aware that her Mentor Emma Frost has tried several times to challenge Storm and has lost every single time, so it would not be wise of her to start that fight or challenge Storm in any capacity.

@blacharrt1 said:

Kind of off-topic, but I disagree. Rogue is hardly the weakest member, if all, I would say she is one of the strongest.

Um if i'm accessing the characters and abilities and personality to weigh in on if they would conflict with someone then it's on topic, if i randomly started talking about a character that's not on the poll and their abilities in relations to M, then that would be off topic. Rogue's powerset is the most flexible but is also the weakest because it's close ranged, she had no enhanced stats what so ever, meaning she is literally the weakest. That's simply stating a fact, can she boost her stats by touch, yes, but that's not her normal starting point. I stated she has an sometimes overbearing personality meaning she has a strong personality so i don't really know what exactly you're disagreeing with.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: yea i get thay feeling too. Im actually afraid that this is what will happen to Rogue. I miss the Ms.Marvel powered Rogue. I dont care for this Hope Summers copycat. I was kinda hoping Rogue get her powers back by way of the inhumanity storyline and the terrigen mist.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GonnaRain

@blacharrt1 said:
    @gonnarain said:

@blacharrt1 said:

Um if i'm accessing the characters and abilities and personality to weigh in on if they would conflict with someone then it's on topic, if i randomly started talking about a character that's not on the poll and their abilities in relations to M, then that would be off topic. Rogue's powerset is the most flexible but is also the weakest because it's close ranged, she had no enhanced stats what so ever, meaning she is literally the weakest. That's simply stating a fact, can she boost her stats by touch, yes, but that's not her normal starting point. I stated she has an sometimes overbearing personality meaning she has a strong personality so i don't really know what exactly you're disagreeing with.

I wasn't implying your statement was off-topic, I was saying what I was about to say was off-topic. Since, even if I was about to talk about one specific character present in the voting poll, I wasn't going to refer about M at all, and or Rogue possibly clashing with her.

And I'm disagreeing with you in the "weak" part, speaking specifically about her powers, because even if her staring point is baseline human, and she needs "contact" for it to work, she has always found a way to this not being a problem. Not saying you're wrong because the way you see it, just saying that I have a different opinion on it.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Selina_Sublime

@ageofhurricane said:

If Rogue actually has to leave the team cause of Remender's babble to make way for M...omfg.

I mean i like M, but Wood's managed to breathe some well needed fresh air into Rogue's character--Remender's iteration is an angsty step-child who doesn't know when to stop moaning and now

I find that very unlikely. I think Wood would've added Monet regardless of who's in the cast. He's a big fan of the character and certainly didn't sacrifice Psylocke or Rachel in favor of the other.
    @blacharrt1 said:

@selina_sublime: "I think if Monet's fatal fight with Pluto taught us anything, its that Monet doesn't back down no matter how powerful you are. Even if she is outclassed in raw power, I think Monet will still come guns blazing if personal beef arises with any of the ladies."

The topic is who is M going to go after on her hitlist, meaning she is actively gunning for those people in a conflict. M went after Pluto mostly out of vanity and the fact that all her stuff was destroyed, so she was pissed, and needed an outlet, for her frustration which happened a lot in X-factor. Pluto is not a good example of the kind of hitlist that i think is being disgusted in the poll, if you said Jubilee, or Layla Miller (before they became friends) then it would make sense. M actively antagonized those two simply out of spite, that's the kind of hitlist i thought we were talking about. If she tried to simply fight Storm, yeah she could definitely try, but she would lose, and rather quickly. I'm sure M is well aware that her Mentor Emma Frost has tried several times to challenge Storm and has lost every single time, so it would not be wise of her to start that fight or challenge Storm in any capacity.

I made that comment because I think Monet would find it irrelevant how fast Storm can blow wind if she had a bone to pick with her. I find it unlikely that she's going to gun for whoever is the weakest and thus I found the insertion of everyone's power levels somewhat irrelevant as I think the question is whose personality will clash with hers the most. They all have strong personalities--several of them hostile--and Monet is definitely no sweet pea.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@ageofhurricane: yea i get thay feeling too. Im actually afraid that this is what will happen to Rogue. I miss the Ms.Marvel powered Rogue. I dont care for this Hope Summers copycat. I was kinda hoping Rogue get her powers back by way of the inhumanity storyline and the terrigen mist.

...Hope Summers is the copycat. Biggest one of them all. But i don't think Rogue's character should be dependent on the Ms Marvel power-set, course, that's what people usually relate her with, but since gaining control of her powers she's been subject to a lot of mess in Legacy, which is why people were a bit sick of her time. She just needs a writer who gets her persona, which is Wood, and if she's leaving cause of Remender...>.>

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetH still loves tHat Brian Woods "X-Men" nicknamed Xx-Men. For only those who remember the teaser know why.

MetH would like it if M ends up beefing it with Kitty. It would be totally different.

-StayBlessed-

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#24  Edited By time1

So are they actually going to kill Rogue in Uncanny Avengers.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone believes that Rogue is going to get killed in UA... I just hope it doesn't happen. Kill someone like Wolverine, or even the Scarlet Witch, but leave Rogue alone. :/ Heck, have her leave UA instead, the book sucks anyways.

Blacharrt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacharrt1 said:
    @gonnarain said:

@blacharrt1 said:

I wasn't implying your statement was off-topic, I was saying what I was about to say was off-topic. Since, even if I was about to talk about one specific character present in the voting poll, I wasn't going to refer about M at all, and or Rogue possibly clashing with her.

And I'm disagreeing with you in the "weak" part, speaking specifically about her powers, because even if her staring point is baseline human, and she needs "contact" for it to work, she has always found a way to this not being a problem. Not saying you're wrong because the way you see it, just saying that I have a different opinion on it.

However, when facing other x-men she is at a great disadvantage, especially one who's a telepath with super strength and super speed. Does she have more experience, sure, but she starts out the weakest, even Bling has boosted stats due to her being a living diamond, Kitty can phase, Storm powers work offensive and defensively, psylocke has telepathy and telekinesis to defend herself, Jubilee, has supernatural, strength and speed, and can turn into mist, Rachel has Omega level telekinesis and telepathy... Rogue literally has to wait to touch someone or run. There is no real argument here, she is the weakest.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By fodigg

Pulling for BFFs just for a change in pace.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gonnarain said:

@blacharrt1 said:
    @gonnarain said:

@blacharrt1 said:

However, when facing other x-men she is at a great disadvantage, especially one who's a telepath with super strength and super speed. Does she have more experience, sure, but she starts out the weakest, even Bling has boosted stats due to her being a living diamond, Kitty can phase, Storm powers work offensive and defensively, psylocke has telepathy and telekinesis to defend herself, Jubilee, has supernatural, strength and speed, and can turn into mist, Rachel has Omega level telekinesis and telepathy... Rogue literally has to wait to touch someone or run. There is no real argument here, she is the weakest.

Dude, but if you put someone like Kitty for example, facing a Telepath, she will be at a great disadvantage as well, just like pretty much anyone without any kind of Psi resistance. I get your point, and the fact that it was an example, but honestly, and it's just my opinion, I would rank other member lower than Rogue.

I don't know, I still disagree, I know that touching someone to acquire an actual power is kind of a handicap, sure, but Rogue has always found a way, even when going on her own.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@ageofhurricane said:

So are they actually going to kill Rogue in Uncanny Avengers.

I know not...only timewill tell.

Ho ho...

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

Let Monet butt-heads with EVERYONE... I know it'll happen, so let's just sit back and enjoy the show!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.