Which male character have you dislike the most

#1 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

So out of the most popular males, who do you dislike the most. My choice would be Kurt, nothing really against him, it's just never be interested in him.

#3 Posted by NightHaunter (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren since the mind-wipe. Beast otherwise.

#4 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightHaunter said:

Warren since the mind-wipe. Beast otherwise.

Warren would be my second choice.
#5 Posted by cattlebattle (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

None of the characters I dislike are on here, I like all these guys....except for maybe Archangel.

#6 Posted by Veitha (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan... I used to like him but now he appears in too much comics... And he's become a big hypocrite thanks to this

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

None. I have problems with wolverine as of now but i do not flat out dislike him.

#9 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

hahaha! this!

#10 Posted by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

aw i like how no one has voted for colossus

everyone loves pete

#11 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller: ...I just voted Colossus before reading what you said.

I have nothing against Colossus, but to me, he's always been pretty vanilla, he's a great character, but recently has been boring, and his date with Kitty was kinda stupid, especially after the hype with Marvel labelling it "Summer Event of the Year", and hasn't actually had a proper debut on X-Force and Cable, so more recently, Colossus = meh.

#12 Edited by CerealKiller (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Their date was labelled summer event of the year? What date was this, the one in AvX when he accidentally goes all crazy phoenix and burns her? I did not know they had a big event date haha.

But he's so niiice and sweet and Russian, while being powerful and kick-ass at the same time. Like if the x-men where real and i won a radio show to meet them or something, i would be intimidated to talk to everyone except like colossus. i just get the feeling he would be nice. maybe a little vanilla, but nice vanilla. Like vanilla ice cream.

nice russian vanilla ice cream with kick ass sprinkles.

That is what colossus is.

#13 Posted by SoA (5129 posts) - - Show Bio

bishop, he kinda sucks also he is bad now .

#14 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

Charles has no votes yet.

#15 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@CerealKiller:

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #14

JASON AARON (w) • JORGE MOLINA (a)

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

AVX TIE-IN!

• We can’t say much or we spoil the event of the summer!

• Kitty Pryde on a date with…???

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Marvel Marketing - at its finest.

Fact is, Colossus is the awesome backbone of the X-Men, and his character development in the 80s was amazing, and 90s him (turning away and having doubt on Xavier, Legacy Virus Savior, I LOVED 90s Colossus), but recent Colossus hasnt really been living up to standards. I mean, I hated Uncanny X-Men #20, the whole "You could have done it at any time" thing really annoyed me.

Colossus has been paired up with Magik wayyy too much recently, almost makes me think theyre a couple, even though that'd be creepy.

#16 Edited by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio
@tomchu said:

@CerealKiller:

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

AVX TIE-IN!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Fact is, Colossus is the awesome backbone of the X-Men, and his character development in the 80s was amazing, and 90s him (turning away and having doubt on Xavier, Legacy Virus Savior, I LOVED 90s Colossus), but recent Colossus hasnt really been living up to standards. I mean, I hated Uncanny X-Men #20, the whole "You could have done it at any time" thing really annoyed me.

Colossus has been paired up with Magik wayyy too much recently, almost makes me think theyre a couple, even though that'd be creepy.

I think all the X-Men characters have something good and bad about them. Just look at Gambit, in the 90's he was one of the best, now look at him. Characters like Emma and Magik get the nod  over him.
Most X-Men characters have been victim of bad writing, they been a victim of bad writing , cause marvel focuses on Cyclops and Wolverine too much.

#17 Posted by Uvula (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to say Charles but I usually consider him such a non-entity that I don't really have any feelings towards him.

#18 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@tomchu said:

@CerealKiller:

Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

AVX TIE-IN!

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

I think all the X-Men characters have something good and bad about them. Just look at Gambit, in the 90's he was one of the best, now look at him. Characters like Emma and Magik get the nod over him.
Most X-Men characters have been victim of bad writing, they been a victim of bad writing , cause marvel focuses on Cyclops and Wolverine too much.

Storm has been sidelined a lot, but she stills comes off as a pretty decent character.

Gambit is now a pushover, from his over the top late 80s early 90s debut, has badassery has greatly decreased.

Counter argument, Fantomex's popularity has skyrocketed thanks to his debut in Uncanny X-Force.

But you know who has been written badly for awhile? Wolverine, I mean, besides him popping up everywhere with his claws and calling people Bub, he really gets it bad. Sure enough we get an awesome Wolverine story every now and then (Old Man Logan anyone?), but besides that, I don't know what the hype is about him. I mean, when I read Claremont's Wolverine / X-Men, I can genuinely see him as a fan favourite (he was awesome then), and his performance in Uncanny X-Force (though extremely sidelined, giving Fantomex, Archangel and Psylocke the spotlight) was amazing, acting as the voice of reason every now and then, but in more recent appearances (New Avengers, Jeph Loeb's Wolverine is especially Bad) he isn't as interesting :\

#19 Edited by deaditegonzo (3690 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine, because his abilities have been taken to stupid extremes. I remember in Secret Wars, everyone thought he was going to die from a pretty pathetic plasma blast from a character who for the life of me I cant even find the name of. He would have died too if Cyclops hadnt saved him.

A healing factor isnt a blank check to have a character coming back from anything and everything. Nor are unbreakable bones evidence that the character themselves is indestructible. And combining those abilities in one enhanced human character and saying he can stand toe to toe with top tier characters pisses me off.

#20 Posted by xtremexfan (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambit is the most exhausting character to me these days. His character goes from good to bad like day goes to night. He loved Rogue, then he didn't love Rogue...I mean, make him a solid character for once!

#21 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

@xtremexfan said:

Gambit is the most exhausting character to me these days. His character goes from good to bad like day goes to night. He loved Rogue, then he didn't love Rogue...I mean, make him a solid character for once!

He just been a victim of bad writing, like a lot of the characters.

#22 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never really liked Bishop. His back story and powers were not interesting to me. I kind of liked the biker/mullet design he used to have, though - very different from most designs for black male characters.

#23 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (6020 posts) - - Show Bio

None really, although almost all of these characters have been written poorly lately.

#24 Posted by supacheeseman22 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I said cyclops and I like him just not his power I mean how many times has he Ben stuck on the flore looking for his classes but he is a good care tour and a good team leader just not a good fighter in my opinion

#25 Posted by Dayvid3 (826 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Wolverine, because his abilities have been taken to stupid extremes. I remember in Secret Wars, everyone thought he was going to die from a pretty pathetic plasma blast from a character who for the life of me I cant even find the name of. He would have died too if Cyclops hadnt saved him.

A healing factor isnt a blank check to have a character coming back from anything and everything. Nor are unbreakable bones evidence that the character themselves is indestructible. And combining those abilities in one enhanced human character and saying he can stand toe to toe with top tier characters pisses me off.

Amen

#26 Posted by time (5106 posts) - - Show Bio

So kurt is most popular male and logan is the least popular.

#27 Posted by GonnaRain (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast and Wolverine.

#28 Posted by ScarletBatman (366 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, Bishop. When I was a kid, he was soooo cool! Now's he's just a lame villain.

#29 Posted by Roddy010 (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

@GonnaRain said:

Beast and Wolverine.

@Dayvid3 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Amen

These...

#30 Posted by ScarletBatman (366 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine is way too powerful, he's the superman of Marvel. Nitro annihilated a city with his power. When he used the same power on Logan, Wolverine was incinerated all the way back to his adamantine skeleton. Yet, less than 5 minutes later, Logan was up and about, ready to kill. That is way too powerful! Who can kill Logan? Can he even be killed? It's like the only weakness Wolverine has is his broken heart.

#31 Posted by Prodigy P (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Wolverine for me. With all the books he appears in, writers seem to just pick and use him for some new ridiculous purpose. His handling has become so inconsistent and bad that I can't even consider him a character anymore.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.