Which female should lead a X-Men team

Posted by time (4913 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Which female should lead a X-Men team (44 votes)

Emma Frost 23%
Jean Grey (Grown up Jean Grey, the one from Morrison run) 16%
Kitty 25%
Porlais 2%
Rachel Grey 11%
Someone esle 23%
#1 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

I have left out Storm And Rogue, cause they already have lead a team.

#2 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: What's with all of your threads time!?

#3 Edited by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

Got bored decided to post some.

#4 Posted by Extremis (3334 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pumped for the all female team led by storm.

But otherwise, Kitty Pryde all the way!

#5 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6200 posts) - - Show Bio

Kittayyy!!!! But she is already kind of leading the Original 5 XMEN

#7 Posted by DishonestSnakeCharmer (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris

#8 Edited by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

i voted Polaris, because she has always been in the shadow of some man. She is an uninspiring character who has remained stagnant and useless for a long time. If someone could see more potential in her and gave her a new direction as a leader, maybe then she can be a better character. I feel like she deserves it.

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm. Polaris is in need of some light. But other than her, i'd go for either Rachel, Dani or Hisako.

#10 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

Dani Moonstar, natch'.

or..

..maybe co-leading a team with Anole?

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (15199 posts) - - Show Bio

Jubilee

#12 Posted by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Dani Moonstar, natch'.

or..

..maybe co-leading a team with Anole?

Moonstar over Armour, but still wouldn't mind either.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14474 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a book where Emma is leading a team of X-Men.

#14 Edited by Veitha (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I'd kill to see a book like that ahahahah

#15 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomchu said:

Moonstar over Armour, but still wouldn't mind either.

yeah, pretty much.

@veitha said:

@tdk_1997 said:

I'd kill to see a book like that ahahahah

I love Emma, she's one of my all-time fav's, but one of the most interesting things about her is that she's not all that great at being an X-man and she knows it. Like she told Kitty, "being an X-man means a lot to me, but it doesn't always agree with me". Yeah, I love Emma, but I really don't see her leading the X-men.

Although I am really enjoying that she's tied with Kitty in this poll; their's is one of the best rivalries in comics.

#16 Posted by McKlayn (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually Voted Rachel Grey, she can be a good character when written right and has been around forever, a chance for her to get her shine on would be cool enough. Its kind of annoying how they add her and then she doesnt show up for 2-3 books in a row, then when she does its a quick cameo blessing out Quire or something to that extent

#17 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

@mcklayn: I've thought of Rachel as a totally wasted character since she returned to Excaliber in the 90's.

I don't really see her as leadership material, but I definitely think she should be given much more voice if they're going to bother keeping her around. Hopefully we'll see more of that in Wood's upcoming X-men.

#18 Posted by t3hLomb (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Kitty is already leading the "All New X-Men" team.

Emma's ready to lead since she's already been co-leading with Cyclops for a while now.

#19 Edited by PhoenixoftheTides (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle Moonstar. I'm ready for her to step up and be given a more central role in the X-Men, and I think she is ready, too. Restore her powers, expand them to full on illusion casting and/or telepathy in addition to her empathy and capitalize on the fact that archery is in. Plus she has built in angst being a legitimate minority in multiple contexts.

#20 Posted by oldnightcrawler (4281 posts) - - Show Bio

Danielle Moonstar. I'm ready for her to step up and be given a more central role in the X-Men, and I think she is ready, too. Restore her powers, expand them to full on illusion casting and/or telepathy in addition to her empathy and capitalize on the fact that archery is in. Plus she has built in angst being a legitimate minority in multiple contexts.

Yeah! This!!

#21 Posted by Dayvid3 (807 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Emma, I think she's got it all, good head on her shoulders, cares about the students. She can be a bit off putting though. I wonder if she could keep a team together in the rough times when people want to give up and quit.

Dani does seem groomed for the part. Domino would be cool. Too bad Hope and x-23 are too young.

Are we talking about x-men only or x-teams that kind of makes a difference? Someone who can lead x-men might not be suited for x-force

#22 Edited by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

Any X-Men team, deosn't have to be the main team.

#23 Edited by poisonfleur (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL
Storm

#24 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Shadowcat is really the only female X-Man (X-Woman lol) that I even like so I voted for her.

#25 Posted by time (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm already lead, so I missed her, her and Rogue.

#26 Posted by judasnixon (6229 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7266 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Kitty would definitely lead, but not 616 Kitty, Bendis has proven that she's much better suited for time-displaced doppelgangers.

#28 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like any of the choices in light of how the characters are now. Definitely would not touch that inane Morrison version of Jean Grey. AoA Rogue was a strong choice, Simonson Grey is better one. I like Kitty but she is largely designed to be something short of a real leader type. I do like her teacher "persona" that seems to be a good idea so far. Strongest female is Dani, right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.