Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which did you hate more - Last Stand or Origins: Wolverine?

• 87 results
    MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think they were both pretty terrible.

Last Stand tried to cram too many characters and too many plot ideas into one movie without doing anyone or anything any justice. It completely failed to deliver the Phoenix plotline even though the two previous movies had been carefull building up to it, it wasted time introducing new characters who ended up serving no greater purpose in the movie, and it gave such letdown endings to many of the central characters from the previous movies (mainly Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique, Jean, Xavier... oh hell - everyone, really). Overall, it was one big hot mess of a film that clearly lacked dignity and direction, and it was such a sad way to (temporarily) end a pretty good movie franchise.

Wolverine: Origins was a boring and forgettable gun show with explosions and ineffective fanservice. It was drawing from source material that could have easily been made into an exciting film, but it pretty much ruined it in delivery by speeding through the most interesting revelations of the original comic version of the Origins plotline within the first five minutes of the movie, and the spending the rest of the time retelling the story that was already mostly uncovered in the previous movies, tripping on plotholes, and marching in cameos of characters who really deserved more screen time that the script warranted them (what a waste of a good Gambit). It just basically ruined any chance it had to be engaging by killing all suspension in the very beginning and by focusing on telling the story the movie-going audience already knew, and not even being fun while at it.

I can't tell which I disliked more. Both movies bored me to tears between the occasional facepalms.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

I think they were both pretty terrible.

Last Stand tried to cram too many characters and too many plot ideas into one movie without doing anyone or anything any justice. It completely failed to deliver the Phoenix plotline even though the two previous movies had been carefull building up to it, it wasted time introducing new characters who ended up serving no greater purpose in the movie, and it gave such letdown endings to many of the central characters from the previous movies (mainly Cyclops, Rogue, Mystique, Jean, Xavier... oh hell - everyone, really). Overall, it was one big hot mess of a film that clearly lacked dignity and direction, and it was such a sad way to (temporarily) end a pretty good movie franchise.

Wolverine: Origins was a boring and forgettable gun show with explosions and ineffective fanservice. It was drawing from source material that could have easily been made into an exciting film, but it pretty much ruined it in delivery by speeding through the most interesting revelations of the original comic version of the Origins plotline within the first five minutes of the movie, and the spending the rest of the time retelling the story that was already mostly uncovered in the previous movies, tripping on plotholes, and marching in cameos of characters who really deserved more screen time that the script warranted them (what a waste of a good Gambit). It just basically ruined any chance it had to be engaging by killing all suspension in the very beginning and by focusing on telling the story the movie-going audience already knew, and not even being fun while at it.

I can't tell which I disliked more. Both movies bored me to tears between the occasional facepalms.

I agree that both movies were not that well done and Last Stand made me really angry because of the way they killed off most of the cast while Origins had a convoluted story plot that didn't make much sense.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I'll take cheesy action flick over X-men meets Reservoir Dogs. Although the Deadpool thing was a deal breaker.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that both movies were not that well done and Last Stand made me really angry because of the way they killed off most of the cast while Origins had a convoluted story plot that didn't make much sense.

Most of the cast?? Dude, they killed off like two people, and it was all pretty justified. The actor who played Cyclops wanted to be in the movie of their opposition that summer with the director who just f'd them, Xavier was killed to increase Jeans menace....otherwise Jean would have just destroyed a bunch of fodder characters and background...and no one would of cared, and Jean died. All these characters have died and have been resurrected in the comics a couple of times, hell, there was never a body recovered for Cyclops and Xavier did resurrect at the end.

Avatar image for mistressoftheelements
    MistressOfTheElements

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Stand Of Course

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

This except I didn't totally hate last Stand, I mostly don't like it cause it deviates from the comics too much.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58  Edited By Pokeysteve

@acer51 said:

@pokeysteve said:

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

This except I didn't totally hate last Stand, I mostly don't like it cause it deviates from the comics too much.

I hated most of Last Stand but it had it's redeeming qualities. Iceman's ice form, Beast, and more of Colossus.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@acer51 said:

@pokeysteve said:

I hated most of Last Stand but it had it's redeeming qualities. Iceman's ice form, Beast, and more of Colossus.

I do agree that we actually get to see more of Colossus and Ice Man in this movie, so that was a highlight of the film.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine is my favorite character, so seeing him get screwed over in Wolverine:Origins still makes me want to punch my computer. So yea, I hate Origins more.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Neither loved both. I'm not a nit picky comic book movie watcher. I dont really care if Wolverine Origins deviated to much from the comics, or if X-men the last stand killed off to many characters. I really enjoyed both films for what they were entertainment.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins... horrible, terrible and petrifying..Seriously what a waste of time....Will.I.Am... seriously I should have known it would suck right there!

gambit75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate all of Fox's X-men Movies.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Madame_Mist

DEADPOOL. Why would they doooooooo that?!

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could someone please inform me as to why there is so much hate for these movies? Aside from what they did with Deadpool, I didn't really see anything wrong, on the other hand I only read DC comics. Was there anything about the movies that was drastically inaccurate from the source material?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm I the only who liked all? Last stand and Origins had flaws but were they not enjoyable.Or maybe it's hard for me to hate films or perhaps I dont understand X-Men as well as most people

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wolverine Origin was straight up terrible.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@frogdog said:

A turd sandwich or a turd burger.

Spot on!

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Stand at least tried IMO. X-Men Origins Wolverine is like a cheesy 80's Jean Claude Van Damme movie with modern actors in it.....In fact it more or less has the plot of the movie "Commando". The dialogue is terrible, the editing is terrible, they don't even get the powers right.....Blob, Cyclops, Gambit, Silverfox....unbelievable. I could actually sit here and tear into it, but I digress......So yeah, I think Wolverine is just a horrendous movie on so many levels

I agree with everything you said about Origins! It was terrible.

But for me I'm kind of biased towards Last Stand being worse, because Jean Grey is my favorite character, and they COMPLETELY shat on the entire Phoenix storyline! Also the love triangle with Kitty, Rogue and Bobby bugged me a lot. It also bugged me that they don't even mention Juggernaut and Xavier being related. Also again with all the people they killed off, that was just ridiculous, and they tried to stuff too many mutants into one movie. I could literally go on forever about the things that bothered me about that movie.

What I don't get, it why so many people hate on Singer, I really liked the first 2 X-Men and he had a lot to do with First Class. Although I'm not sure how DOFP is going to turn out, because I feel like the storyline is too complicated for Hollywood, I DO think Singer is the best choice to make the movie.

yasiiii4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By yasiiii4

Could someone please inform me as to why there is so much hate for these movies? Aside from what they did with Deadpool, I didn't really see anything wrong, on the other hand I only read DC comics. Was there anything about the movies that was drastically inaccurate from the source material?

Last Stand was drastically inaccurate
    They did all sorts of characters completely wrong, Phoenix storyline was NOWHERE NEAR what it is in the comics, they completely f'd that one up. Juggernaut and Xavier are step brothers. Technically Juggernaut isn't a mutant, so in that scene where Kitty has that kid who's power is that mutant powers won't work around him, and Juggernaut hits the wall, that shouldn't have happened, because he's not a mutant. Rogue and Bobby have NEVER been a couple. Rogue is just completely wrong on every level and they make her look weak and useless. Mystique and Magneto have never actually worked together, they are separate villains. I don't recall Pyro ever being an X-Men and he's Australian! They messed up Callisto, didn't even give her her accurate powers. The asian with purple hair was supposedly supposed to be Psylocke, like wtf?! Also, it took them to one of the last scenes in the movie to show Iceman in his ice form, which he is ALWAYS in, when he is fighting. I can give you more examples if you need anymore.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed First Class I already forgot about all of the other ones and I seen them all in the theaters.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I enjoyed both actually but I was more lenient with Last Stand it was acceptable for me story wise compare to Wolverine Origins. I felt like Origins had way too many random cameos for the sake of having cameos. Plus Baraka-Pool is > Cyke dying all quick even though in the last film he was barely there too.

( + )

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
    MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins was far worse- I'm hoping they make Last Stand out to be another attempt at a mental block in Jean's head, so that way it's all just a fantastical dream and none of it really happened

Avatar image for darklydreamingdeadpool
    DarklyDreamingDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate wolverine origins, if this movie had balls, i would not kick them, but rip them off and put it in it's throat, so it can shoke to death on it. this movie is an atrocity of a bunch of idiots that have no idea, who wolverine, deadpool or any other character of this movie is. i love deadpool and what they've done to him...... i would love to bomb fox out of this continuity.....

No Caption Provided

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins. It was just not that interesting.

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I quite enjoyed wolverine origins but I hated last stand

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine Origins

Avatar image for christianrapper
    christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually liked wolverine. I loved the first part with the talking wade Wilson. he was pretty kool. the rest was pretty good and had some kool action scenes. x3 was just dreadful.

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last stand was the worse one imho

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Stand was a miserably bad movie. Origins: Wolverine was a silly piece of crap.

HowlingWolves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tough. If you can overlook your favorite X-Men dying and some cringey dialog, The Last Stand wasn't that bad. Sure, it did butcher the source material, but it wasn't that bad of a movie. Not that good either, but not horrible.

Wolverine Origins on the other hand butchered the source material and was a horrible movie with a stupid plot.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine.whats more depressing, it was leaked before it was actually shown on big screen. I was on a bus going to work when the bus played a rough edit of the film. Youd see strings during stunts.grrrr

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither.

I liked them both.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus that's a tough one. I'd probably go with Origins just all around bad.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Last Stand.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

going to say i hate Last Stand more... for two specific reasons... 1. Storm was as usual completely mistreated in Last Stand, she was functionally leader of the X-Men, but of course wolver-boring had to save the day and come up with the solution. and 2. Origins had a PERFECT GAMBIT

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Last Stand. Ugh.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.