Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which did you hate more - Last Stand or Origins: Wolverine?

• 87 results
    Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Since it seems like X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are the most hated movies in the X-Men film franchise, which one of these movies did you hated more? Or do you like both of these movies?

Personally, I didn't like how so many characters were killed off in X-Men: The Last Stand, especially Cyclops and Professor Xavier, so I couldn't exactly deal with Last Stand that well because of that.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Last Stand was just terrible. I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed Origins with the exception of what they did with Deadpool. So much potential there wasted.

same here

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that one of the worst things about Origins was that they wrote Deadpool terribly and I'm hoping that there is a future X-men movie or solo film that will get Deadpool right.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I don't like the X-Men movies, they bred actors that ruined Marvel characters ( Storm/Deadpool) and then went on to ruin DC characters, ( Catwoman/Green Lantern) It was like some kind of bad acting rampage.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I don't like the X-Men movies, they bred actors that ruined Marvel characters ( Storm/Deadpool) and then went on to ruin DC characters, ( Catwoman/Green Lantern) It was like some kind of bad acting rampage.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Although I don't think the actors are bad (fantastic actors)...just the writers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Last Stand, at least Origins had some half-decent action scenes...

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I don't think the actors are bad (fantastic actors)...just the writers.

I agree with this.

leych

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is worse than Last Stand.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A turd sandwich or a turd burger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

How can you have Juggernaut and Colossus in the same film and not have them fight?

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Stand at least tried IMO. X-Men Origins Wolverine is like a cheesy 80's Jean Claude Van Damme movie with modern actors in it.....In fact it more or less has the plot of the movie "Commando". The dialogue is terrible, the editing is terrible, they don't even get the powers right.....Blob, Cyclops, Gambit, Silverfox....unbelievable. I could actually sit here and tear into it, but I digress......So yeah, I think Wolverine is just a horrendous movie on so many levels

@hyiena said:

How can you have Juggernaut and Colossus in the same film and not have them fight?

Why would they?? They have only met about 3 times in the comics and Juggeranut is way out of his league.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@hyiena said:

Why would they?? They have only met about 3 times in the comics and Juggeranut is way out of his league.

Colossus has met Juggernaut way more than three times in the comics. just sayin'.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rank the movies like this:

1. X2
    2. X-Men: First Class
    3. X-Men
    4. X-Men: The Last Stand
    5. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I'm looking forward to Wolverine and X-Men DOFP!

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men First Class was the only true "X" movie that has been made thus far. I didnt like any of the Singer movies really. Nor Ratner. I did however like Wolverine Origins although to be certain it was rough around the edges. I want to see the new Wolverine movie but I will wait for Netflix for the new Singer X-Men DOFP.

@cattlebattle said:
    @hyiena said:

Colossus has met Juggernaut way more than three times in the comics. just sayin'.

This is correct and Piotr went the distance with Marko more than once as well. One the more famous times I think was their Bar fight.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to have to say origins was worse. Sadly I payed to see both of these movies in theaters.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cattlebattle

@cattlebattle said:
    @hyiena said:

This is correct and Piotr went the distance with Marko more than once as well. One the more famous times I think was their Bar fight.

You know what I meant, they only have actually fought like three times....they're not the mortal enemies everyone seems to think they are.....and no, Colossus never really went the distance with Juggernaut. In the bar fight, he never even really landed a punch and got floored by one hit. Juggernaut is usually a plot device

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 the_stegman  Moderator

Ebola or Cancer, which should I choose? hmmm

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last stand is the worst for me personally... seeing cyke die and the phoenix killed by logan? really? pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

id did enjoy the final fight scene though it was pretty good- i felt like the fight scenes from the first 2 movies had nothing on the mutant battle at the end. Still they messed that up to by letting lil darts take out mutants

it would be tough to sit through either of them again, but WO did Gambit excellent justice

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Yes I know. I was (trying to be) sarcastic about the 180's bar fight. Colossus has (to my knowledge) NEVER won a fight with Jugs. Juggernaut is a plot device? More like the enemy of the week when the writer just cant seem to think of anything else. Plot device implies some critical plot at some point in time occurred by that statement. Juggernaut has been wholly unimportant since the early eighties.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

@cattlebattle said:

Love that issue! one of my all-time faves! http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-greatest-x-men-comic-about-drunken-brawl/

There was also the first time he faced him, with Black Tom, and then he faced both of them again with Spider-man in the last issue of Marvel Team-up, and then he faced him again just before the first time the X-men fought Nimrod.. actually, that's only four times, I guess; maybe cattlebattle's right. I actually can't think of more than those four times.

oh, and on the topic of XMO: Wolverine vs X-men: the Last Stand, they were both god-awful train wrecks through and through, but the Last Stand was definitely by far the worst.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Im not sure about the exact count, so let's go with four for now. Piotr is still 0/4 vs Jugs though. The Last Stand was so bad it was more of a parody or farce of the Singer movies than anything. And since the Singer movies sucked that is not saying very much at all.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Stand at least tried IMO. X-Men Origins Wolverine is like a cheesy 80's Jean Claude Van Damme movie with modern actors in it.....In fact it more or less has the plot of the movie "Commando". The dialogue is terrible, the editing is terrible, they don't even get the powers right.....Blob, Cyclops, Gambit, Silverfox....unbelievable. I could actually sit here and tear into it, but I digress......So yeah, I think Wolverine is just a horrendous movie on so many levels

this pretty much sums up how I feel.............

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins was the worst of xmen series.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: Im not sure about the exact count, so let's go with four for now. Piotr is still 0/4 vs Jugs though. The Last Stand was so bad it was more of a parody or farce of the Singer movies than anything. And since the Singer movies sucked that is not saying very much at all.

hey!! X-men was a genre breakthrough, and X-2 was a great movie!

I still consider X-2 to be one of the best superhero movies ever made, despite how bad X-men 3 and Wolverine were.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Last Stand was over all way worse than Origins. I don't think THAT many things were terribly wrong with Origins, save for Deadpool.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@pokeysteve said:

I agree that one of the worst things about Origins was that they wrote Deadpool terribly and I'm hoping that there is a future X-men movie or solo film that will get Deadpool right.

It'd be really great if they connected the solo movie with Origins and explained away his presence in that. Probably too much to hope for though.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm biased here.

I was one of the massive Deadpool fanboys who was pumped for the movie when Deadpool was officialy casted in it. Then we got Baraka-Pool.

Can not forgive. Can not forget.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chasereis: then why did you watch the Last Stand?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

origins

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Origins. I didn't like how they just splash Gambit in the movie without doing proper justice to the character. I dislike how they used wade/deadpool it was a nice try but it was just meh to me how to they decided to portray him. I will say how over they did there job with sabertooth his character was the best out of all them including Wolverine.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By novi_homines

@cattlebattle said:

this pretty much sums up how I feel.............

this. Origins by about a mile.

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I think X-Men: Last Stand was the worst IMO.

I didn't like how almost everybody dies and there were too many characters stuffed in that movie.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler: I eventually watch ALL the comic movies even the poorly reviewed ones. I don't believe anyone else's assessment of anything, I like to try things for myself. Just because someone else likes or dislikes it doesn't deter me from making up my own mind about things. And sometimes if I really like or even really hate something I might peruse it again JUST to reaffirm that I do like or hate it.

Avatar image for nightcrawler358
    NightCrawler358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last Stand screwed up a lot of potential, but at least the interesting elements were there. I've never really liked Wolverine as a solo character.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think X-Men: Last Stand was the worst IMO.

I didn't like how almost everybody dies and there were too many characters stuffed in that movie.

I also didn't like the way all the characters just died without a logical explanation.

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origins wolverine is the worst X-men movie in so many levels...

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: They were desintegrated by Jean absurd molecular level of telekinesis that's all.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both were bad movies IMO. I guess if I just had to choose I'd rather watch X3 because of Storm (i love watching Halle) and Jean Grey ( Famke is sexy too)

Xeno_Seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

origins haha. i didn't even see it for like three years after it came out.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

I didn't hate either but I liked Origins more.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47  Edited By poisonfleur

Oh Heavens-- Is this actually a Question!??

Wolverine Origins was ABYSMAL!!

X-men: The Last Stand was good. The fight scene at Jean's house, The AvX parallels, Kitty and Beast & their respective actors, Storm finally got a wig that looked right, Mystique joking with the guard and killing him.

What did Origins have going for it???? Gambit-- That's about it.. but then again... Wolverine 1-K.O.ed him mid-sentence... boo... (Plus they removed my homegurl Storm's cameo from the film but showed her off in the commercial-- False advertising.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh Heavens-- Is this actually a Question!??

Yes, this is actually a question. LOL!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Bezza

Just watched Origins and Last Stand again this week funnily enough and much of Origins was cringeing. They reinvented Sabretooth as something completely different from the earlier films and Logan post claws was far more powerful than Logan in X men 1-3. Everyone who reads the comics knows that Logan cannot take care of sabretooth as easily as he did in their fights in Origins (post getting adamandium). Last Stand was mostly bad for a) the awful Vinnie Jones Juggs and b) killing off too many characters...but the acting was great. The last fight with Wolvie and Phoenix was epic with Logan having to take the choice of killing the woman he loves.

Also, last stand had that brilliant stunt of magneto moving the Golden Gate bridge, which for me remains the best power showing of any marvel character yet in any film and that includes Hulk and Thor!!

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Just watched Origins and Last Stand again this week funnily enough and much of Origins was cringeing. They reinvented Sabretooth as something completely different from the earlier films and Logan post claws was far more powerful than Logan in X men 1-3. Everyone who reads the comics knows that Logan cannot take care of sabretooth as easily as he did in their fights in Origins (post getting adamandium). Last Stand was mostly bad for a) the awful Vinnie Jones Juggs and b) killing off too many characters...but the acting was great. The last fight with Wolvie and Phoenix was epic with Logan having to take the choice of killing the woman he loves.

Also, last stand had that brilliant stunt of magneto moving the Golden Gate bridge, which for me remains the best power showing of any marvel character yet in any film and that includes Hulk and Thor!!

I agree that with Last Stand, the whole idea about killing off various characters really got to me. I always find it ridiculous that certain movies would kill off a large cast for no reason at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.