Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Which current X titles is everyone reading?

Avatar image for ace_of_spades90
    Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just started getting into the X-Men again (I mostly read morrison's New X-Men run in the past).

With that said, I decided to go with Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. The former because it's supposedly the "flagship title," and the latter because I'm a huge Storm and Jubilee fan. I like Uncanny a lot. It really does feel like a good jumping point as things are explained well. X-Men is a little less noob friendly.

Another thing I wanted to add is that I didn't like what I read of Battle of the Atom. Granted, a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't pick up every issue from all of the titles. But yeah, it was confusing to say the least. Would it be okay if I skip most crossovers? I hear a lot that they are pointless.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2  Edited By McKlayn

i mean it depends honestly, you can skip cross overs but its does make them worst then they are to begin with (it can even ruin a good one) also it may leave you dumbfounded at the end some times, bu tyou can always read a wiki or something online and get the jist of it so your personal call really. I read most all X men titles so :-p

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lightburst

All X-men Titles.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Skip crossovers completely or read all of it.

I'm reading ANXM,WATXM, UXM, X-Men, Amazing X-men

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

uncanny, All New, and Uncanny Avengers

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
    RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaggedScarecrow
    • All New X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Force
    • Cable and X-Force
    • X-Men
    • X-Men Legacy
    • Uncanny Avengers (if it counts)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

None of them. IMO, Marvel Now was not kind to the X-Men.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Wolverine008

Savage Wolverine.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just All-New X-men really.

Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All X-men Titles.

How do you guys do that? I would too but I have to spend money on other things (bills, texbooks, etc.)

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rebelpunk13

am i the only one that enjoyed BOTA?

Ace_Of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I have a quick question btw: are most x men books standalone? Meaning, can you read just one or two and be fine (barring crossover events, of course).

Rebelpunk13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uncanny and all new go hand in hand with eachother

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Uncanny X-Force

Amazing X-Men

X-Men

Wolverine and the X-Men

Ult X-Men

... Also getting Wolverine since I am really enjoying Cornell's Killable story arc

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

@ace_of_spades90 said:

I just started getting into the X-Men again (I mostly read morrison's New X-Men run in the past).

With that said, I decided to go with Uncanny X-Men and X-Men. The former because it's supposedly the "flagship title," and the latter because I'm a huge Storm and Jubilee fan. I like Uncanny a lot. It really does feel like a good jumping point as things are explained well. X-Men is a little less noob friendly.

Another thing I wanted to add is that I didn't like what I read of Battle of the Atom. Granted, a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that I didn't pick up every issue from all of the titles. But yeah, it was confusing to say the least. Would it be okay if I skip most crossovers? I hear a lot that they are pointless.

yeah, Battle of the Atom really wasn't very good, and, really, most X-men crossovers aren't that good. At least, not compared to what's good about the books when they aren't crossing over. Honestly, I think you'd be fine to skip them. You'd probably even like the books more if you skipped those issues; personally, the BotA issues were the only issues of X-MenorUncanny X-Men that I didn't enjoy.

And, yeah, if those^^^ are the two books you're reading, you've probably picked the best two. X-men is definitely intended more for longtime fans than Uncanny', but they're both pretty great. Being that one is Cyclops' X-men and the other is Storm's, I think of them as the duel flagship titles.

Obviously lots of people follow Wolverine's flag as well (myself included), but that seems to be regardless of whether he's on the X-men or not.

That said, if I were going to recommend any other X-men books right now, it would be Amazing X-Men; the first two issues were great. While it does play somewhat to the nostalgia of older X-men comics, it serves far better as an introduction than, say, the first few issues ofX-Men did.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Hey I have a quick question btw: are most x men books standalone? Meaning, can you read just one or two and be fine (barring crossover events, of course).

yes.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im reading all new and uncanny since they kinda go together sort of, amazing xmen which just started and it seems like its really good, xmen (the female team), and cable and xforce altho its not so great anymore. I kinda want to read xmen legacy but ive hear nothing about it. Watxm would be decent if they would quit having crossovers every 2 issues. Oh and uncanny avengers if that counts

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Chapmar

I am reading Uncanny X-men and all new X-men. I only buy the trades and I believe that they are the only ones that are necessities. Having them both written by the same author means they are inextricably linked and read well together and seem more natural than the others.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By HumanRocket

I got into All New X-Men til BOTA but jumped into Amazing X-Men and now I'm thinking of picking up All New X-Factor because of Pietro and Polaris.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• All New X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Men
    • Uncanny X-Force
    • Cable and X-Force
    • X-Men
    • X-Men Legacy
    • Uncanny Avengers (if it counts)

wow you read all those? I got the first issue of uncanny avengers but dropped it after that, lol. Although i wished i got uncanny avenger 14 with scarlett witch death(finally) and rogue's death(sad:'(

I read mostly all-new x-men especially for jean grey. I also get uncanny x-men if the preview pages are good, the lasy uxm i got was uxm 14 and 15 which are really good. I watch cable and the x-men, x-men and amazing x-men on the internet(they show some pages in the book so you klnow the jiff of it). (i was going to quit x-men after avx but then they made the o5 come to the present, who can pass that up?)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.