Which combined powers would you prefer to have: Storm and Wolverine or Cyclops and Emma Frost?

#1 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio


#2 Edited by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

so which?

or

Emma and Cyclops
#3 Posted by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

storm and wolverine idk is a bit useless storm can fight at distance or flying and wolverine is a close combat fighter so i don't see it as a good combination :/

emma and scott at least both can fight at distance, and the diamond form only would be a extra protection

i pick wlverine and storm because i like both characters,and because i don't like emma...:P

#4 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1's powers can be useful even in a subtle fashion (i.e. slight weather/environment control, acute senses, healing factor, maybe even the claws to an extent).

Team 2 only has Emma's TP, which I must admit is plenty useful, but there's no real way to hide optic blasts or a diamond form while out in the open.

If only for the sake of convenience in secrecy, I pick team 1.

#5 Posted by Dernman (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Wolverine and Emma's Powers but that isn't a choice. :'(

#6 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3203 posts) - - Show Bio

weather control and a hf seems like a good combo to me coupled with heightened senses and flight yea I'm going with team 1

#7 Posted by TheCannon (18903 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll go with Emma & Cyclops simply for the telepathic abilities.

#8 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 FTW 
 
 
(Even if you say Storm vs Bugs Bunny, I would choose bugs bunny)

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the combination of Cyclops and Emma but the thought of being able to fly would be very awesome and manipulate the weather would be very helpful in stopping typhoons, storms in our place. so i'm going with Storm and Wolverine.

#10 Edited by ArtGamer (1262 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman said:

I want Wolverine and Emma's Powers but that isn't a choice. :'(

This.

would be epic :P

but the healing factor would be a bit useless :/

#11 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

I actually like the combination of Cyclops and Emma but the thought of being able to fly would be very awesome and manipulate the weather would be very helpful in stopping typhoons, storms in our place. so i'm going with Storm and Wolverine.

I'm shocked. 
#12 Posted by 0n1zuka (3715 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly prefer Storm and Wolverine to Scott and Emma, but this pandering makes me want to vote against the former.

#13 Posted by JohnnyGat (1570 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke and Emma. Considering I can use the telepathy to prevent my uncontrollable eye beams from being uncontrollable plus it's much more useful for me in everyday life.

#14 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (658 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd go with Storm and Wolverine. No practical uses for optic beams or diamond form. TP would be the only upside.

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

who else?

#16 Posted by SyIar (405 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberninja said:

Team 2 FTW (Even if you say Storm vs Bugs Bunny, I would choose bugs bunny)
#17 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20308 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Wolverine.

#18 Posted by nickthedevil (12771 posts) - - Show Bio

WEATHER WIZARD FTW

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

WEATHER WIZARD FTW

may i know the reason why?

#20 Edited by Phylos (2644 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke and Emma.

#22 Posted by Pwok21 (2426 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman and Domino.

#23 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18169 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of those.

Emmas and Wolverines.

#24 Posted by Roddy010 (5257 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Wolverine...

#25 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

who can break the tie?

#26 Posted by God_Spawn (37949 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and Emma for obvious reasons.

Moderator
#27 Posted by Vec (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and Emma's I see my self as being a red diamond because of the optic blast and being able to choose witch part of my body it exits from with the telepathy.

#28 Edited by stambo42 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them now, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

#29 Posted by Roddy010 (5257 posts) - - Show Bio

@stambo42 said:

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them know, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

OFT. Storm usually wraps herself in a mini vortex that supports her body that helps stay afloat. She manipulates and rides the air currents to "fly"...Think of it like riding a bike...The seat and handlebars are the mini vortex and the peddles are the wind currents....

#30 Posted by jhazzroucher (15868 posts) - - Show Bio

@stambo42 said:

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them know, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

good point. i forgot about having cyke's awesome powers but you just can't control it. I don't want to wear the visor all the time.

#31 Posted by Skaddix (3114 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm and Wolverine. I get to control nature and it takes away storm's greatest weakness being susceptible to melee damage. Not to mention practical immortality. I wonder if you would be able to channel electricity through your claws that would be awesome.

#32 Posted by stambo42 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@stambo42 said:

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them know, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

OFT. Storm usually wraps herself in a mini vortex that supports her body that helps stay afloat. She manipulates and rides the air currents to "fly"...Think of it like riding a bike...The seat and handlebars are the mini vortex and the peddles are the wind currents....

Um, presuming it is as simple as riding a bike, there is a learning curve to riding a bike, with plenty of crashes along the way. Just forming a perfect little ballenced mini vortex works fine for comics, where we're used to suspending our disbelief, but it we're applying the idea outside of comics it seems a bit tricky. It takes a lot of force to lift a person off the ground, and now we're talking about fine motor control over that force? I guess since Mags can control our movements by the iron in our blood I'll buy that it could be developed with lots of practice, but that was one of the charms of what they did with Sean Cassidy in First Class.

#33 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3582 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops and Emma Frost. Telepathy is an awesome power, and you'd have a diamond form for protection and force beams for even more offensive capability. Meanwhile, with the versatility of telepathy, you could pretty much do anything you wanted, go where you wanted and take what you wanted. Or even help and resuscitate if you wanted to be completely benign.

#34 Posted by SoA (4841 posts) - - Show Bio
guess my vote...
#35 Posted by Roddy010 (5257 posts) - - Show Bio

@stambo42 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@stambo42 said:

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them know, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

OFT. Storm usually wraps herself in a mini vortex that supports her body that helps stay afloat. She manipulates and rides the air currents to "fly"...Think of it like riding a bike...The seat and handlebars are the mini vortex and the peddles are the wind currents....

Um, presuming it is as simple as riding a bike, there is a learning curve to riding a bike, with plenty of crashes along the way. Just forming a perfect little ballenced mini vortex works fine for comics, where we're used to suspending our disbelief, but it we're applying the idea outside of comics it seems a bit tricky. It takes a lot of force to lift a person off the ground, and now we're talking about fine motor control over that force? I guess since Mags can control our movements by the iron in our blood I'll buy that it could be developed with lots of practice, but that was one of the charms of what they did with Sean Cassidy in First Class.

Well Storm does have an acute precision with wind control. I've seen her make a bed float on air as if it were on the ground. She was also able to pull Kitty out of the X-mansion and into the sky to have a chat without destroying anything. So yes it would take fine control to manipulate winds to that degree....

#36 Posted by stambo42 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@stambo42 said:

@Roddy010 said:

@stambo42 said:

Storm and Wolvie, so I can fly, and survive the landings should I slip up on that fine current control. I mean, if she's supposed to be floating on the force of air currents, wouldn't her body be constantly buffeted from multiple directions?

I don't think of TP as a blessing, I think you need a personality like Emma's to see it as "fun", or anything other than a headache of TMI. Force beams constantly emitting from my eyes? No thank you. Even if he can supposedly control them know, and writers have just been ignoring it since Whedon.

OFT. Storm usually wraps herself in a mini vortex that supports her body that helps stay afloat. She manipulates and rides the air currents to "fly"...Think of it like riding a bike...The seat and handlebars are the mini vortex and the peddles are the wind currents....

Um, presuming it is as simple as riding a bike, there is a learning curve to riding a bike, with plenty of crashes along the way. Just forming a perfect little ballenced mini vortex works fine for comics, where we're used to suspending our disbelief, but it we're applying the idea outside of comics it seems a bit tricky. It takes a lot of force to lift a person off the ground, and now we're talking about fine motor control over that force? I guess since Mags can control our movements by the iron in our blood I'll buy that it could be developed with lots of practice, but that was one of the charms of what they did with Sean Cassidy in First Class.

Well Storm does have an acute precision with wind control. I've seen her make a bed float on air as if it were on the ground. She was also able to pull Kitty out of the X-mansion and into the sky to have a chat without destroying anything. So yes it would take fine control to manipulate winds to that degree....

Well than, my point is simple and two fold. A. You and I are not Storm, with her years of experience. B. She was not born with those powers, nor that control. Like most mutants, she developed them at puberty, and refined them from there. In a real world scenario (which is of course as ridiculous as this entire thread) she's lucky she didn't kill herself figuring out how to do this stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.