Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where do you guys think X-haven is located?

• 71 results
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@mcklayn: Hey don't knock the novels. Your not a real poster on this board unless you've written at least 3 novels in one night, and your only an OG if you've had someone number your points so they can respond.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mcklayn: @koays: I agree that they failed. I just don't think vilifying Cyclops and others in order to tell a story about some mist, all of a sudden sterilizing and killing mutants when its never had that effect before, is the way to go. I admit I don't have the full story but the ooc Cyke bashing especially from people like Magik just makes me wish that Cyke had led a group off world like what was planned originally instead of whatever they are doing now. I'm certainly not against building up the Inhumans but not at the expense of the Xmen. Its unnecessary really. The Inhumans releasing the the mist and different factions viewing Nuhumans as unholy or as violating the sanctity of the process or whatever, as well as the Inhumans trying to establish a home, the possible rebellion or attempted overthrow of the royal family, internal conflict in the family, dealing with the Kree etc are all interesting enough self-contained stories that would do well in those books. I say build it the right way not cheaply and for gimmicks and gaffs. The only thing I may mildly be interested in was for depowered mutants to find some way using the must to get their powers back and for there to be a need for a sort of team up between the Xmen and Inhumans. Really this hero vs hero is old played. I mean we've been getting this for how long now...so much so until people barely know the Avengers villains or the Xmen with their rich rogues gallery, all everything is anymore is infighting, bitching and moaning about what this group is doing vs that one.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now we know.

Confirmed its Limbo

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By adamTRMM

And it already backfired.

#theyneverlearn

beaubier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup definitely backfired. I can't believe how stupid they are, letting Illyana go on potentially dangerous missions BEFORE having failsafes put into place.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By kcomicfan

I am OK with X-haven being in Limbo.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody remember Sunset Grace? Her mutant power was to create and terraform her own pocket dimension...maybe that'd be safer than Limbo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing where X-Haven is, you'd think the Academy X kids would've had more qualms about going there.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing where X-Haven is, you'd think the Academy X kids would've had more qualms about going there.

Since when anything regarding NXM is even important? Marvel Now left no doubts about that. The one who was somehow interested in them is also out so now they 100% embraced the fate of mutant fodder... and while being mutant in general isn't safe, being mutant fodder might be simply lethal.

I don't even dare to think of what is planned for them...

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: I can still hope they have some sliver of importance again. :'(

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raunjisto: @thunderscream: @immolation: Seems sort of incompetent on Storms part to have it Limbo doesn't it.

Tabula Rasa could have worked. Getting a life seed and using it to terraform a planet could have been interesting. Lila Cheney and her Dyson Sphere could have worked. A new Atlantis or even Wakanda. Hell Genosha with some sort of Force Warriors like we had in Age of X might have worked and been interesting as well

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody remember Sunset Grace? Her mutant power was to create and terraform her own pocket dimension...maybe that'd be safer than Limbo.

I remember her. But IIRC she died, and her pocket dimension went with her. One of my favorite issues because it was a Jean and Scott adventure, actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limbo! (I think I guessed right) ;)

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raunjisto:

Be strong. Uncertain times are ahead of us lol

Maybe one day when KY are done with Thor and ANXM are out we'll get our chance as well.

@hawk2916:

Were you following Hickman? Cause I don't really remember if it was Savage Land or Tabula Rasa where Sunspot operated with his Avengers.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By HAWK2916

@adamtrmm: Didnt really follow all of it, I think maybe it was the Savage Land though. And the Savage Land stuff has never been my favorite anyway. Usually i just skip those stories, but it would seem like a better option than the seeming walking gaff that X-haven being in Limbo is. I think the Age of X thing with the force walls and all would have been a good way to include some of the other missing mutants though

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

Man this is so messy... I'm still mad at all this Terrifart and mutant inability to deal with it.

Nice idea with the Force Wall though, if they need to be quarantined from the outside world, why not fully embrace the benefits of mutant gifts? With a TK\energy dome upon them, Storm terraforming the atmosphere making it clean of unneeded poison, lol throw in Sentinels guarding them from the outside the Wall to fully embrace and symbolise what a Decimation ripoff this whole mess is lmao kiddikiddin

In any form, I think most of ideas would be better than limbo...

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now I'm wondering how many telekinetics they even have now.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dman1366

@koays: Maybe I missed something, but what exactly did Bendis' UXM do? You said it was the only book doing something, what changed from the beginning of his run to the end? Literally nothing changed except Iceman being gay, but that is not even really change.

I think all X-Books have been suffering since the beginning of Austen's run. It went from story telling to fight scene after fight scene with really childish dialog. I mean seriously, there is no actual story telling happening, save for Lemire's run so far.

I am hopeful that Lemire can go the distance. I really hate that he is rehashing both the Legacy Virus and Decimation, but that was clearly forced on him (since it is a theme in every Marvel book atm). Marvel is not getting rid of the X-Men, but they are trying to get the Inhumans some lime-light before the movie. From what it seems, Lemire seems to be stripping as much away from Bendis' continuity as he can, so he can tell an actual story with mystery, plot, and progress.

I just hope he doesn't get bogged down with a shit load of GotG and Inhuman cross-overs. If that happens, then he will never get to tell his story, and we will end up with the same situation as Bendis and Aaron; where the beginning is the exactly the same as the ending, and no progression has been made.

Marvel's problem is that they are stripping away the craft of writing comics, and turning their medium more into deep advertisements for the movies and television shows.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Koays

@dman1366: well not to get in to deep with this because I'm on my phone and that could take my entire shift.... But you can say Bendis didn't do anything because the run is over. But in terms of maintaining interest while it was still ongoing? There's no arguing that Bendis had the most talked about book in the line. Even subtracting the criticism the arguments over what X-books had more potential compared to him during the run are nonexistent. At the end of the day, Bendis' run up until Cyclops' speech to Malloy still has loads of potential and good individual issues, its the resolution (or lack of) on the plot points and angles that makes the whole thing pointless trash. Where as Amazing X-Men ressurected Nightcrawler and returned the juggernaut to power stronger then ever but doesn't have a single great issue to its name.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I read a bunch of these replies and maybe i missed it somewhere, but something like Fortress X would of been cooler, with the TKs fixing the wall and stuff each day, alot better then a small school in limbo lol

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limbo & Lacrosse

The topic of this intriguing thread is an under-rated topic.

X-Haven feels like the opposite of the Savage Land, a primal territory which served as the site for Mister Sinister's experimental revolution in the episode "Reunion" (1994) of X-Men: The Animated Series (Fox).

Ideas about how superhumans or extraordinary mutants can co-exist with normal/regular people has been a popular storyline in comics for some time now --- DC Comics i.e., Clark Kent (Superman) at the Daily Planet, Bruce Wayne (Batman) business enterprises, etc. However, nowhere is this concept more richly explored than in the world of the X-Men (Marvel Comics).

Professor X definitely cares how Scott/Cyclops mingles with humans with his special ordinary-looking (but power-controlling) sunglasses.

If we read a story like, "Storm and Cyclops visit the national horse race disguised as civilians," or "Rogue and Gambit visit a music store to buy gifts for Professor X for Christmas," we get the sense that a proposed X-Haven could/should exist in Limbo.

That seems to be the real intellectual significance of the Secret Wars, implying that off-planet excursions and galactic engagements involving mutants as they are relevant to Earth dominion-fortifications create valuable storylines about the experience of being a mutant.

Reunion (1994)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.