Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where do you guys think X-haven is located?

• 71 results
    chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is it off world? a different dimension? somewhere on earth?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

ima say something different and say some sort of pocket reality, some where they can use a device or magiks power to teleport too, Maybe something she conjured up with her new dr strange like powers lol

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By HAWK2916

It should be Lila Cheney's Dyson sphere. Or the planet Europa or the planet Haven. Maybe they've taken the Inhumans place on the Blue side of the moon. It might be some pocket dimension. I also thought about Tabula Rasa or how they love to always visit the Savage Land in every run

Darkpesmerga10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Maybe renamed X-nation? i hope its in the savage land, students getting into trouble with cute dinos

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think that it is on the Moon

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Chiraq

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
    deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Detroit

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK guys you got me....its my crib. You can tell by all the rocks in the background. I live on a rock face.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: You're probably hiding Cyclops too. C'mon man, what'd he do?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: @sprior93: I have it on Good Authority that Cyclops publicly stated that he's "been in more classic stories then the entire Avengers Super Roster combined." and that the Guardians of the Galaxy "may as well be renamed 'Kitty Pryde and her sidechicks' since no matter how much time they spend together no one will think it's real but Starlord".

He's now being held in a secret prison beneath Disney World in Florida where he'll be reprogrammed into a more productive member of the company.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: tabula rasa I love that idea I hope your right

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: I'm really hoping for Lila's Dyson Sphere. Who knows maybe Namor turns to the mutants for help when Squadron Supreme cones after him. Maybe he offers a rebuilt Atlantis as a Haven and mutants become his army against the Squadron. I doubt it but...ehhh... I guess Tabula Rasa could be OK but my hope is for some Lila back in my life lol. I think the Dyson sphere is like 200 miles in diameter so probably the size of a state like South Carolina or West Virginia. Not really sure how big Utopia was but I guess this is slightly more space.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By McKlayn

@hawk2916: The Sphere would be fun, I loved Lila as well so that would be cool. And anything to involve Namor would be epic, but idk something about tabula rasa always interested me, kind of cool and right under the nose of everyone and they not realize it. Maybe teh evolved atmosphere developed some sort of way to disperse it on its own idk

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HAWK2916

@mcklayn: Just saw a rumor regarding x-haven, Don't know how true it is but...

"X-Haven is another dimension not another planet. It’s a section of Limbo that Magik carved off and terraformed into an Earth-like pocket dimension; we will eventually find out that she had help from Umar, sister of Dormmamu who Magik absorbed and not killed. Magik returned Dormmamu to Umar in exchange for their help splitting off a part of Limbo for the mutants.

Again this is a rumor I picked up online. Don't know how authentic it is or whether its some fanfic or what

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adamTRMM

@hawk2916:

Sounds too much like continuity is being followed thus automatically impossible :p

Magik absorbing a dimension inside herself still makes me smh though...

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: lol yeah. That should make it easy to dismiss huh. The fact that it follows continuity somewhat because we all know that continuity is taboo at Marvel now and should never ever be considered. We can't tell good stories because of continuity right??

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

Damn straight lol

You know I'm now curious what would Remender do if he'd stay. And with the whole Evolutionary War that he teased in the end of the last UA mini we're just left to wonder. I'm glad that he won't mischaracterize more X-chars but he left too many loose ends that had to be dealt with and now will most likely be blatantly ignored.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

"X-Haven is another dimension not another planet. It’s a section of Limbo that Magik carved off and terraformed into an Earth-like pocket dimension; we will eventually find out that she had help from Umar, sister of Dormmamu who Magik absorbed and not killed. Magik returned Dormmamu to Umar in exchange for their help splitting off a part of Limbo for the mutants.

Again this is a rumor I picked up online. Don't know how authentic it is or whether its some fanfic or what

Some how i missed this reply, that would be awesome if i guessed right :-p lol and i wouldn't hate it better then off planet imo

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

The cover of issue 3 seems to confirm this rumour. These might be Limbo or Dark dimension demons. (Probably Limbo, since the Dark Dimension usually has mindless ones)

No Caption Provided

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: hmmm. Never put that together. That could be interesting though. That would up Magik's *kewl* factor even more

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: wait isnt limbo inside magik right? so X haven would be inside magik <.<

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's in Galactus' bum.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@chiq: wait isnt limbo inside magik right? so X haven would be inside magik <.<

lol. yeah, that would be weird.

Magik used stepping discs before her fight with Dormammu, she started spitting out demons with each teleport after she absorbed Limbo, then it transitioned into flames. Don't really know what to make of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Possibly Weirdworld? Based on interviews/previews, we know the X-Men will be going there at some point.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

Possibly Weirdworld? Based on interviews/previews, we know the X-Men will be going there at some point.

Is weird world located on earth?

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By McKlayn

@chiq: so if like Magik gets killed, does all of X haven get destroyed lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just going around the earth???

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@chiq: so if like Magik gets killed, does all of X haven get destroyed lol

lol. We actually see her along with the rest of cast inside X haven. Has anyone in comics actually done something so weird? teleport into herself? If it is Limbo, she probably spat out a portion of it and put it in some empty dimension.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiq: Thank Bendis for that development. It just makes things difficult to explain but maybe they can pull it off

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Uranus.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By dernman

@koays said:

OK guys you got me....its my crib. You can tell by all the rocks in the background..

Filthy mutant babies. Grow up and leave the crib already.

I live on a rock face

Like a zit of on the face of humanity.

:p

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
    deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's in Uranus.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My assumption is not on earth, but that's all I got.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Probably another abandoned Weapon Plus or Facility base.

@hawk2916 said:

It seems kinda hookey but mostly because of the involvement of Umar and Domammu. Granted it's possible Magik didn't kill the matchstick as we thought she did... which I personally doubted would stick for any length of time, because nothing seems to do with Domammu... secondly it's because it involves Umar, who a) was supposed to be dead if I am not mistaken prior to Domammu going to Limbo b) has expressed her complete disinterest in the Earthly plane and c) doesn't actually give a hoot about her brother and has quite often plotted his murder on her own. (If an example is needed of how their relationship is, do go and read Defenders: Indefensible which is still the most recent depiction of the siblings).

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Its too many elements of continuity here for me to really believe it. Umar could easily still be around somewhere or brought back because of Secret Wars. Also she could want Dormmamu for something, perhaps she will absorb him herself or torture him or whatever. But either way its a bit difficult to believe.

I also wonder if any x-haven story won't just turn into another Xmen:The 198 during the decimation arc. Still not happy about what's transpiring here so at this point I wonder if I'll even be sticking around to find out what's what when all this gets sorted. Its increasingly getting more and more difficult for me to invest time and money in following this stuff

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Depending on if she was ever gone to begin with... since I cant recall seeing or hearing anything about Domammu resuming power and killing his sister before his appeance in Limbo... Umar was atleast still god-almighty of the Dark Dimension when she last appeared when Hulk got his hands on the wishing well thingamahoot. But who knows, things might have been Bendised when we werent looking?

I can get that, it just seems very hard for the X-Men these days to break any new, or atleast any interesting ground when most of the things they do is go back to another setting and topic:

• AvX: Yay! finally more mutants... undone by the Terrigen Bomb and back we are to post HoM.
    • Whoa whoa a new x-team? Oh wait it's just the time lost first team.
    • Xavier is alive and he walks! Oh no now he's crippled again... and now he's dead. Ups, now he's alive again...
    • Scott's a hero and a leader that everyone follows! Hmm, now he's back to being a kind of leper.

The worst thing is ofc is that this might even be intentional, not that Marvel wants to completely ruin the brand, but just sideline them enough so the Inhumans can flourish.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Lol. Yea that's a pretty accurate summation of things go

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst thing is ofc is that this might even be intentional, not that Marvel wants to completely ruin the brand, but just sideline them enough so the Inhumans can flourish.

See i don't completely subscribe to the "kill X-Men, so that ___ can live" idea especially given that this current direction isn't necessarily bad (more repetitive then bad really), unlike the previous one where things weren't going anywhere and all the books were stagnant for months at a time.

But i have gotten this feeling lately that some of the choices (the current team line ups, the repeated demonizing of Cyclops in the narrative) seem to be fueled by writers feelings on the characters rather then by where the characters are in the story. I feel like people at Marvel have sort of reached a point where everyone prefers the characters and dynamics of the late 80's and thus are trying to replicate a period where Cyclops isn't as prominent or relative to the story and promote character that were. Which isn't bad (i mean i like all the characters really) but it kind of bothers me that it looks like during a period where Cyke is one of the most popular characters, we got several books where he isn't present and really most of the "Astonishing Era" team are absent from the cast.

It's just kind of funny when you pick up Secret Wars and the only person who dies is Cyclops, while everyone else gets to split up and rally an army. And then we cut to regular continuity and he's this huge villain who the entire cast hates. Just seems like maybe people don't want him i the spot he's in.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Hence why I go with sidelining rather than killing. And I think it's more of a move made by Marvel/Disney as companies rather than the X-Men characters, Marvel is simply putting it's money on the franchise they control completely rather than the one they share and will only pry from Fox's cold dead fingers as long as the movies make them money. And as long as both Marvel and Fox are going on well financially, Marvel will just quietly keep the X-Men on the sideline as long as the books continue to sell.

I think it's more of a case of Cyke simply going to the logical end of the road he's been on for so long now. He's the leader, the guy who makes hard choices, strange allies and enemies that sometimes only makes sense to him... post-SW I imagine he just finally went too far. He'd have been in this situation alot sooner if his team of X-Force had ever made a screwup and revealed themselves to others.

Regarding SW... well, looking back at how he acted during AxV, where he was utterly confident he/mutants could control the Phoenix, it didn't surprise me he tried to have a go at Doom the way he did, which ofc was just there for everyone to see how powerful Doom actually is.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Well yea, i pretty much have stated the same thing every time one of those threads has come up. But i just don't think that the current direction should even provoke the thoughts of "X-Men being low priority at marvel" when it's actually more interesting and intricate then what i'm seeing in other books.

You see I'd agree about this being a logical progression, but this is the 4th time they've Re-Upped the idea of Cyclops ostracized/villainous Cyclops. Each time they explore and redeem him, only to sink him lower. Like there not really continuing his development so much as they are making it difficult to like him. Pretty much everything that Fraction did to design the "Cyclops is the leader" persona makes it so that you'd always understand that he'd make tough choices and be unpopular for it, but when you get around to about the 4th or 5th deconstruction of the persona it stops being a character journey because he's no longer experiencing rises and falls, or even a downward spiral as result of a single decision, he's just playing a bit role where he's out of focus but everyone still decides to dislike him. Again it's a bit premature to make any assumptions since were still not even sure what Cyke did; but it's just the feeling i've gotten lately that Marvel's head writers just don't like him or his popularity.

I think it's in character of course for him with the phoenix, to go at God-Doom and even story wise it makes sense to establish the threat. But it felt like a middle finger to snap his neck and move on with the story. I mean really looking at it, the X-Men made up a huge chunk of Secret Wars and their not even trying to hide this fact in the most recent issue....but the one X-Man they brought with them was killed off in the early issues. I mean i just feel like the writers don't like him despite his surge in popularity being evident in the variant covers for the very series he's killed off in issue 2 of.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Well, whenever it's interesting or not is dependent on the reader.

Thats true, Cyke is just sort of going through the motions atm.

I think it's important to differentiate here between what is Cyclops and what is X-Men as a whole and how much of this surge you mention is actually down him alone and what is due to the others, the teams as a whole and simply the nostalgia factor of returning to some by-gone ages and stories.

Plus I have to say I do wonder where they got the Phoenix egg from the in first place, because I recall the Phoenix was completely destroyed in AvX... so I kinda suspect the only reason Scott got the egg and was on-board the ship was simply to provide and example of Dooms power, which might as well have been the Juggernaut, the Sentry or someone else that could be made an example of to get the power established.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Well the surge in popularity has been at least visible since the "Join the Revolution" campaign. And what I was really hinting at was that they brought arguably the most "relevantly interesting" character in the X-Men into Battle World and killed him off rather then have him be a part of the action that seems to be heavily featuring his series.

We've known that the Phoenix was coming back since BotA and the Phoenix Egg being the way it regenerates is established...but I'm positive that the oly reason he had it was so he could fight Doom...especically considering there was nothing else he did that could 1) Stop the incursions. 2) Defeat the Ultimate Universe in the attack. It just seems like such a bit part though, to have him contribute next to nothing. And really only seems relevant if the last Marvel event you read was AvX and you were still holding on to the image of Phoenix Cyclops.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: @koays: I would agree wholeheartedly with youbgys about how Disney/Marvel is treating the Xmen but then when I think about how they promote Deadpool who they also have to share with Fox, it makes me wonder. Lately Deadpool is in everything and there are more books coming with him in it. Fox is doing a Deadpool movie but Marvel doesn't seem to concerned about promoting him and helping Fox make money. Yet with the Xmen its a different story. Rehashing the Decimation storyline is aggravating to fans and really unnecessary at least in the way they are doing it. It makes no sense unless you think about them promoting one franchise at the expense of another which when you look at the more recent events is what Marvel has been doing for a while now. I know they want to make money off of the Xmen still but you can't believe that they wouldn't rather convert all x-fans into Inhuman or GOTG fans. Then again its not good what they've done with FF or the Avengers either. It almost feels like they are thumbing their noses at the longtime fans

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Not that i'm trying to say "YES MARVEL IS OUT TO GET FOX AND THE X-MEN!!!" because i really don't think that. But Deadpool has been all over the place since at least Secret Invasion, and really a few years even before that. So maybe it's just the fact that he has a very large independent brand of his own that's not worth damaging. I hate when i see people using that Deadpool movie as an excuse because its silly to assume that because something isnt true with one example it applies to another.

That said, I don't think that the Decimation retread is hurting X-Men. I mean love Bendis' run or hate it...it was the only book that had something happening in it for 3 years. Every issue was relevant because you know if Iceman is gay in Bendis book then it becomes a major plot line in all the others, but if it's the other way around it can get ignored completely. Really i just don't think that killing off large groups of mutants and pitting them against the Inhumans in a storyline that crosses 5 books and 3 franchises is anywhere near as damaging as another 2 arcs of Amazing X-Men would've been to the X-Men. It's like, sure the Inhumans are going to benefit from this greatly and it's likely going to springboard them toward greater prominence in the next 5 years, but the X-Men books sucked...and now they've got a direction, cast and writers who are all working together to make decisions on the franchise....and if we get that i can get behind reading a story that villanizes my favorite character a revisits story elements of an arc I recently read because the fact is it's still got a better future then anything i could come up with February.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Not sure I'm getting what you mean about the Deadpool thing.

I kind of disagree with this so-called new direction for the xmen. The books would and could have had plenty of direction after AVX if they had really gone with it. You have Cyclops being an outlaw and starting a revolution which could have been explored more instead of being sunk and buried with a whole bunch of bendisisms. The revolution could have taken the turn of Cyclops going after all anti-mutant groups and policies and or organizations, corporations or governments that support them. Storm and Wolverines side could have been about peaceful coexistence and policing the mutant community. You could have had an xforce back to its original premise of rooting out and stopping threats before they reach crisis levels, especially considering all that transpired in AVX. The idea of a corporate X-factor employing a group thats kind of fed up with the politics or the role of teaching etc. And finally the idea we keep discussing here as an X-corporation as a search and rescue for oppressed mutants and/or those who don't have the "protection" of the JGS.

To me that is the basis for plenty of direction and some interesting teams and developments. Maybe its my own viewpoint or whatever but good storytelling doesn't need a bunch of gimmicks like taking a character who has been heterosexual for 50 years and on a whim changing his sexuality to make a headline or win an award. Its a gimmick to have randomn character deaths or to have names become mantles just for the sake of change and shaking things up. Just tell good stories and allow time for things to develop and it will be fine. That's what Claremont did and it worked and I would think that a run as successful and iconic as his would be what other writers would aspire to

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: What i mean is that recently whenever someone says "Marvel's relationship with Fox is negatively impacting the comics" the reply is always "So why is Deadpool being pushed?" as though because he's being pushed in film and comics it means none of the evidence we have of how the X-Men are treated means anything. Like i said, i don't completely subscribe to the idea that Marvel is self sabotaging, but even if I was trying to disprove the idea Deadpool is a bad example because he's been over exposed for most of the 2000s.

As far as the direction goes, i don't really disagree with anything your saying but i don't feel like it changes what actually happened. After AvX things looked kind of interesting for a while and then one by one titles were canceled and writers were moved and only Bendis survived with a book that could be called "must-read" even if it did sh%t on it's self . Honestly nothing about the X-Men pre Secret Wars had me excited, there was no potential. XX-Men was just drifting after Wood left, Amazing was irrelevant, Spider-man and the X-Men was...a book, All New was insulting, and Uncanny self-destructed. There was nothing to look forward too, and even though things like Searching for the Juggernaut and Storm's team getting trapped underground were generally good stories...nothing about them made me excited for what could've been the next issue.

The way I see it, it's like everything that we keep proposing as potential stories..wasn't even possible without a real hard shake up because the JGS had no credibility and Xavier School had no depth. I couldn't see the X-Men starting back up with any of those story ideas post Secret Wars because at the end of the day it would've felt like more of the same crap we'd just gone through with Amazing and XX-Men where we're introduced to these older foes and yet you don't care because the mystery or plotlines don't exist outside of the individual titles. Right now, we've got a situation where we know the entire world is effected by T-Mist and even though the books are all doing their own thing for now, you know that there all on the same page and that Storm has an opinion on the O5 running around alone with T-Mist and mutant hate all over, and that if M and Psylocke are working with Magneto something had to happen to make them team with him rather then the X-Men....each book makes the other story more and more important...which is the exact opposite to what we had in the beginning of the summer when the JGS could've blown up in Amazing and Uncanny would've kept going like it was nothing.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: @hawk2916: You both have incredibly interesting takes and i wish i would of gotten in on this alot earlier. I also want to say after fast reading all your threads (yea i may of missed a few points sue me you guys write novels lol) That your both right. After AVX i believe Hawk is right there was alot of hype and plenty of INTERESTING directions that the X men could of went. The Revolution appealed to me, and I was super excited about books going forward.

Koays was is right that they totally failed, they didn't interact the good stand alone stories didn't matter and no one cared about the other. The cross overs they had (battle the atom anyone?) were horrible and poorly executed. The writers turned what could be an interesting era of X men into a challenge not to drop the title each week.

Now they have used some gimmicky things to set up the new era of X men, and still its just as interesting as ever. There are great opportunities in front of us and we should be excited for what comes next. I however do not agree that storm has any opinion on what the 05 is doing, there seems like a giant disconnect from the main two titles and the All New title. We need, we hope that the writing will prove different now than it was then. That is the difference, can bunn and lemiere succeed at turning a possibly interesting premise into interesting stories we care about and that will linger for decades or fail like bendis and aaron did. Or will the dissconnect over whelm the books, the stories drag and end up no where until we pray that the next X man comic we open will paper cut us and cause us to bleed out before we have to read it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.