Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where do I begin?

aronkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By aronkenobi

Hey there,

I recently got back into reading comics and wanted to just jump into the titles I used to read like X-Men and some Avengers stuff. The problem is where to start, or if that´s even an issue or not.

Any recommendations og do I just pick up the latest issue?

Lightburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which do you prefer more X-Men or Avengers? if you just wanna read both you can pick up All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men For Avengers you can get the re-released Avengers title since Marvel NOW

If you wanna get a little bit of both you can read Uncanny Avengers where a few mutants have become avengers to better the tied between the avengers and the X-Men since Avengers Vs X-Men.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When did you stop reading comics? If it was around 2004, then much has changed. If you quit later than that, then you shouldn't have much of an issue jumping in with your prior knowledge.

I'd start by diving right into Marvel Now's #1 issues. For the X-Men, this is definitely All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. For Avengers, I would lean towards adjectiveless Avengers and definitely Uncanny Avengers.

If you need to bone up on what's happened the last few years, I suggest looking into a subscription to Marvel Digital Comics Unlimited, which is fully stocked with many of the seminal comics from the last decade and beyond.

Avengers vs. X-Men is a definite must read (either the comics or a summary) as it really defines both the X-Men's and Avengers' new normal.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as X-Men go All New X-men is pretty good. As to Avengers I like New Avengers best.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

As far as X-Men go All New X-men is pretty good. As to Avengers I like New Avengers best.

I would definitely recommend both of these, but I like Uncanny X-men and Uncanny Avengers better.

No Caption Provided

As much as I like all of those, the one I'm most anticipating is X-men.

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6  Edited By McKlayn

@passionflower said:

I would definitely recommend both of these, but I like Uncanny X-men and Uncanny Avengers better.

No Caption Provided

As much as I like all of those, the one I'm most anticipating is X-men.

No Caption Provided

That is a pretty good start, i do like New Avengers over Uncanny but if your interested in both of them Uncanny Avengers is a perfect title as it has a combination of both worlds

Impy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Impy

Start from the very begiiiiining, a very good place to staaaaaart...

Since it's not too far into Marvel Now! you shouldn't have much trouble catching up on the titles if you start at the #1s.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.