Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Where are these characters??

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Sage?
    Cluster?
    Spiral?
    Lifeguard?
    Yukio?
    Blink?
    Neal?
    Warpath?
    Frenzy?
    Stevie?

Any others we who are lost? Where were they last seen? Do we want them back? Who else?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Who is Neal? I'm also wondering if anyone knows whether Lifeguard has been seen since 06 even.

also my theory on Cluster is that the Fantomex in WatX-Men is actually her, having had some crazy Weapon X sex change....it makes sense when you consider that the one in X-Force is the arrogant, self serving version as shown in his focus issue and the other is the going through a emotional breakdown.....and being called "Uncle Cluster" by Genesis.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I cant believe anyone would care about or miss Cluster or Fantomex. Thats definitely a character I dont have to ever see again and can do without. Everyone else mentioned I want back in sone capacity. Especially Warpath, Sage, and Frenzy. Add Moonstar, Magma and Wolfsbane to that mix as well. Instead we get multiple books with the same characters in them over and over through each cancellation and relaunch. And if thats not enough we get pas and future versions of the current characters too. Jeez!!! Thanks alot Marvel. Some real creative geniuses running around there

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By devilsgrin81

@koays said:

Who is Neal? I'm also wondering if anyone knows whether Lifeguard has been seen since 06 even.

also my theory on Cluster is that the Fantomex in WatX-Men is actually her, having had some crazy Weapon X sex change....it makes sense when you consider that the one in X-Force is the arrogant, self serving version as shown in his focus issue and the other is the going through a emotional breakdown.....and being called "Uncle Cluster" by Genesis.

Neal is Thunderbird III

Lifeguard... don't think so... she was briefly in Uncanny as a street level x-man in San Fransisco during the Utopia/Extinction team era...

Sage is one of my absolutel favourite characters. She needs to return to pages ASAP.

Some of the others listed have been in recent series or books, and are a bit shelved - Spiral for example. I believe there's allusion to something happening to Jean-Phillippe and Cluster... and Fanto is the last one... but i may have overthought it.

Frenzy is legitimately lost to us at the moment. I think somehow she'll end up with Cyclops' Uncanny, or with Magneto...

Blink can totally blink out of existence. She's seriously a ridiculously over-loved character. The real Clarice "died" in six issues. She should have stayed dead. AoA Blink was the encore performance. And a pale imitation of the self-sacrifice of the original.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: Ahh gotcha. Also surprised Lifeguard made it past the decimation.

Also Frenzy is confirmed as still at the school in the latest issue of Nightcrawler.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

@koays: Neal Sharra. The 3rd Thunderbird.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@poisonfleur: Lifeguard was supposed to be in the new X-treme X-men that came out a few years back but she kind of...never showed up.

Yukio was (as of 30th of July last year) last seen in Wolverine (2nd series) #300-304.

Not sure about the others.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@poisonfleur: Lifeguard was supposed to be in the new X-treme X-men that came out a few years back but she kind of...never showed up.

Yukio was (as of 30th of July last year) last seen in Wolverine (2nd series) #300-304.

Not sure about the others.

Hello! What was Yukio's condition last time you saw her? Last I saw, she was in a wheelchair. I REALLY want her to be a character in Storm's solo.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Neal is Thunderbird III

Lifeguard... don't think so... she was briefly in Uncanny as a street level x-man in San Fransisco during the Utopia/Extinction team era...

Sage is one of my absolutel favourite characters. She needs to return to pages ASAP.

Some of the others listed have been in recent series or books, and are a bit shelved - Spiral for example. I believe there's allusion to something happening to Jean-Phillippe and Cluster... and Fanto is the last one... but i may have overthought it.

Frenzy is legitimately lost to us at the moment. I think somehow she'll end up with Cyclops' Uncanny, or with Magneto...

Blink can totally blink out of existence. She's seriously a ridiculously over-loved character. The real Clarice "died" in six issues. She should have stayed dead. AoA Blink was the encore performance. And a pale imitation of the self-sacrifice of the original.

:Lifegaurd, Sage and Frenzy need to come back and preferable give some deminsion to the sided X-men.

Whaatt-- Don't knock Blink. Especially after this last X-film, I say she's proven herself worth for a modern day reinvention. Let's be honest, she puts Nightcrawler and Azazel to shame in the movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@poisonfleur: I think she was in a wheelchair? Didn't actually see her myself, this is second-hand information.

Also apparently Blink is at the Jean Grey school, as of May 27th this year.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHERE IS NATE GREY

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

they'll stay dead, maybe reappear for one or two issues, and then go dead again. It's just a bunch of characters not appreciated by the writers(and a lot of wasted potential)

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if they're dead or something. Maybe hidden somewhere. I like Blink.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ultimatekey

WHERE IS NATE GREY

The last time we saw him was in the Fearless Defenders series. Nothing major other than the fact that him and Dani Moonstar are still boyfriend girlfriend. But that is about it.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By poisonfleur

@martinceld said:

WHERE IS NATE GREY

The last time we saw him was in the Fearless Defenders series. Nothing major other than the fact that him and Dani Moonstar are still boyfriend girlfriend. But that is about it.

That has Nate Grey-- WOW I just shmoved right over FD. I couldn't stand the art and the plot got boring fast.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes x 10 to this. She popped up in Dazzler's XXM book. I wouldn't mind her popping up in Storm's as an outside support contact that later joins her at the JGS. I don't think they've talked to each other since Sage left her XSE team to join the Hellfire Club and support Sunspot.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur:

Whaatt-- Don't knock Blink. Especially after this last X-film, I say she's proven herself worth for a modern day reinvention. Let's be honest, she puts Nightcrawler and Azazel to shame in the movies.

i'll totally give points to movie Blink. She was fragging bad-ass. And the clever way she used her powers truly did put the personal 'porters to shame. Comic Blink - even AoA Blink was pretty lame.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Sage should've joined to replace Karima ...I much prefer her to Storm's kid, who just isn't very original or interesting so far....

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Honestly Sage should've joined to replace Karima ...I much prefer her to Storm's kid, who just isn't very original or interesting so far....

quoted for truth koays. Kymera is amongst the most boring and 1 dimensional characters introduced in years. Sage is the opposite in every way.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

quoted for truth koays. Kymera is amongst the most boring and 1 dimensional characters introduced in years. Sage is the opposite in every way.

Ahhh--- Shtap it. I like Kymera. She is also very now and hasn't even been in 10 issues. Give her a break.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

Ahhh--- Shtap it. I like Kymera. She is also very now and hasn't even been in 10 issues. Give her a break.

Thats sort of the problem, she's been around since BotA, didn't do anything during that and now (some 7 months later) she becomes a major player in the middle of this arc after Storm ask for info about the future.

Lol nevermind that she can't tell Storm why somethings happening, but she can kill a guy in the mansion to stop it. She was just better when she was going to hunt down the Future Brotherhood.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By devilsgrin81

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

not to be bitchy... but how is Kymera very "now"? to me she seems entirely unnecessary, except to make Storm more important (which is a good thing, true). Her father remains unnamed... her powers remain unexplained... 1 issue was enough to have Sage permanently at the top of my favourite character's list (2nd after Storm). Sure Claremont was writing her, but still. 1 issue.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

not to be bitchy... but how is Kymera very "now"? to me she seems entirely unnecessary, except to make Storm more important (which is a good thing, true). Her father remains unnamed... her powers remain unexplained... 1 issue was enough to have Sage permanently at the top of my favourite character's list (2nd after Storm). Sure Claremont was writing her, but still. 1 issue.

I am pretty sure the reason why Kymera hasn't been fully explained because she is Bendis and I think Wood had to ask permission to use her. So her character is still a bit in the air still and it's really up to Bendis to establish her. Thank God Wood has done enough to give her some presence in this timeline without stepping over Bendis' characters he has yet to establish.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By devilsgrin81

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

I am pretty sure the reason why Kymera hasn't been fully explained because she is Bendis and I think Wood had to ask permission to use her. So her character is still a bit in the air still and it's really up to Bendis to establish her. Thank God Wood has done enough to give her some presence in this timeline without stepping over Bendis' characters he has yet to establish.

that doesn't explain why you like her, or equate her to being very "Now" Pfluer. That looks like excuses... lol. I can understand liking her character design... but thats all we actually have at this point... oh and now she's besties (read: unrequitedly in love with) with future Shogo... lamer and lamer.

SleightOfHand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SleightOfHand

@devilsgrin81 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

I would be very surprised if she belonged to Bendis. He's shown zero interest in writing Storm, so I can see him caring about her daughter.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleightofhand: I think, Mind you I don't know, BotA was A Bendis focused arc. Wasn't it his plan to leave certain characters remain in the past? Kymera being one of them? Although I don't really know-- Because Raze was left behind but didn't he meet his end in No More Humans? I dunno anymore. I just assumed Bendis left her here for a reason.

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@koays said:

that doesn't explain why you like her, or equate her to being very "Now" Pfluer. That looks like excuses... lol. I can understand liking her character design... but thats all we actually have at this point... oh and now she's besties (read: unrequitedly in love with) with future Shogo... lamer and lamer.

Well I do like the scenes Wood made with Storm and Kymera. It really puts storm in an actual mother role. She was always the mother of the X-men-- now seeing her with an actual daughter is the start of something interesting, imo.
    Also I adore Shogo and Jubilee-- so seeing Storm and Jubilee with Children is the best! And when they both were in the flames shouting for both of their kids-- AAHH I so felt that scene. Loved it.
    And IMO-- Kymera is like Gert form Runaways. I think she has a secondary power-- but her main power is her link between her animal-- like Gert/Chase with Old Lace.
    As I said before. Easy up a little bit, Kymera is still very new and hasn't even been in 10 issues. Give her a chance.

BUT-- The only thing I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE about Kymera-- is that she seems like living proof Storm and Black Panther will get back together-- NO NO NO NO NOPE-- I HATE the idea of that. UGGHH NO!! NEVER AGAIN!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sleightofhand: I think, Mind you I don't know, BotA was A Bendis focused arc. Wasn't it his plan to leave certain characters remain in the past? Kymera being one of them? Although I don't really know-- Because Raze was left behind but didn't he meet his end in No More Humans? I dunno anymore. I just assumed Bendis left her here for a reason.

You have to remember that the future of BotA is supposedly connected to the future that WatX-Men has been showing us for a while. So arguably it may have just been expanding on what is the future (at least for now) of the X-Men and connecting it to more then just All New and WatX-Men. Also whatever Bendis had planned doesn't mean much considering his books are miles away from Kymera(despite her mission to hunt the future Brotherhood), but maybe after the WoX things will shuffle again.

Also Raze uses timetravel, for all we know he found out he was going to get up close and personal with the Phoenix and decided not to do it the second go around.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This is exactly what has hurt the xmen imo. All the so-called futures and the time traveling has just gotten out of hand. In fact I would say between the constant regurgitating of the Phoenix and then the Time Travel, everything is just so un-original and really ridiculously convoluted for no good reason.

Over the years ive enjoyed Rachel grey and even Bishop at times but really at this point I wouldn't be upset if we got rid of all alternate reality and future-in-the-present characters. (Rachel, Nate, Cable, Bishop). I mean I love some of them but enough is enough already!!! Send them to the future and maybe just have a group of Xmen set in the future like the 2099 type of stories and leave the present alone.

I know some like new characters and will criticize anyone for pointing out un-original power sets. But seriously? Kymera and Shogo and Ice-hulk and Xavier Jr and Raze. Come on!! Really, why introduce characters like Kymera and try and use her when we dont know her powers or have questions about her background and story. I mean I'd rather we just build on what's already been there. Remember Dani Moonstar? It would be interesting for her to use animal empathy in that way and have whatever animal, in this case a panther, at her call in a similar way. IMO something like that is far more interesting than these aaron and bendis joke creations.

The OP listed quite a few characters that are nowhere but maybe off-panel at the school or whatever yet we are getting new characters created and introduced with every event. Why?!! It's ridiculous. Frenzy was turned from an x-villain to now part of the Xmen for what to disappear and not be used? Where is Sage? The Xmen are going into space after Woods leaves and dealing with the Shiar, sooo where's Lifeguard? Never got the story on Spiral. But instead of building on anything as far characters and dangling plots its lets introduce new kids with weird mutations and a bunch of what-if children and as far as stories uuuummm lets just go with " The Phoenix" and "The Future comes to the past to attack the present" and we'll solicit that it will" change the status quo". And were supposed to believe that's interesting writing.

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking forgotten. They have been forgotten. That is sad because I liked Blink from the movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.