Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

When will the X-Men series end?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

Poll When will the X-Men series end? (11 votes)

2-3 years 18%
    4-5 years 18%
    6+ years 55%

The last movie (so far) to be released by Fox is an unknown Wolverine film releasing in 2017. At that time, Hugh Jackman will have 48-49, when do you think will be the last X-Men film? The reason I ask it is that I really want them in the MCU, and sooner or later (preferably sooner), the series will be rebooted, and this is the ONLY way they are getting the rights back. And to be honest, though I want the rights to return, I do want the X-Men franchise to end on a right note (though DOFP would be a good ending to the franchise). When do you all think this will happen? This isn't really a question if the rights should return to Marvel, but more a question of when will the first series come to an end?

• 
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koays  Online

As someone who doesn't like the idea of the X-Men in the MCU I'm hoping they don't ever, since it would over complicate both and possibly cheapen an X-Men movie.

And realistically its a long ways off because Gambit and Deadpool are getting movies and depending on their success this could open up doors for more X-Men movies. Plus there's a big part of the fandom that even without seeing Apocalypse and how it plays out would like to see more adventures involving the young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and the recruitment of more members.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

As someone who doesn't like the idea of the X-Men in the MCU I'm hoping they don't ever, since it would over complicate both and possibly cheapen an X-Men movie.

And realistically its a long ways off because Gambit and Deadpool are getting movies and depending on their success this could open up doors for more X-Men movies. Plus there's a big part of the fandom that even without seeing Apocalypse and how it plays out would like to see more adventures involving the young Cyclops, Storm, Jean and the recruitment of more members.

what about the magneto movie?!?!?!?!?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Koays  Online
    LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the magneto movie was a concept that eventually got folded into First Class.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the magneto movie was a concept that eventually got folded into First Class.

Yeah, sadly. He was the best part of the movie and judging by it we got a missed opportunity.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

It's kind of tough to say in this case. I think it all depends on what Fox is going to do if the actors get too old for their roles and whether or not they are planning to reboot the movies or give it to Marvel at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.