When is a good point to jump onto Uncanny X-Force?

#1 Edited by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering if this weeks Uncanny X-Force issue was a good week to jump on. I don't want to start in the middle of an arc, I'd rather wait till a new one starts. If this week isn't a good jump on point, does anyone know when one will be?

I've constantly heard really good about the series and I've been dying to get it.

#2 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

By the first trade to see if you like it.

#3 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole thing is worth it, especially the first arc.

#4 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738: It is a great read. I am picking them up via trades.

#5 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I would rather just start getting the monthlies than get a bunch of trades in order to catch up. So is this issue a good jumping on point or do none of you know?

#6 Posted by kingdomenic (159 posts) - - Show Bio

I have all the monthlies on sale on ebay right now. The whole series. But if you can get them at your local shop and you go back as far as issue 20 that starts the other world arc. Issue 25 starts the current arc. I would try to go back to at least to issue 8 though. That starts the Dark Angel Saga.

#7 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingdomenic: Thanks! I'll have to go and see if he has issue 25. A lot of people have been telling me to just pick up the trades, but I just don't have the money to get four or five of them. Plus, my comic shop has one of the most pitiful graphic novel selections on the planet. He never gets anything new. Again thanks for the advice. This is like the forth forum I've asked on and this is the first post that has actually suggested a good issue to jump on with. lol.

#8 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue #1.

#9 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

The whole thing is worth it, especially the first arc.

this!

#10 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 25 pick up trades of the Dark Angel Saga

#11 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

@cc1738 said:

@kingdomenic: Thanks! I'll have to go and see if he has issue 25. A lot of people have been telling me to just pick up the trades, but I just don't have the money to get four or five of them. Plus, my comic shop has one of the most pitiful graphic novel selections on the planet. He never gets anything new. Again thanks for the advice. This is like the forth forum I've asked on and this is the first post that has actually suggested a good issue to jump on with. lol.

I'd really recommend getting the trades. The whole series is awesome and I can't praise it enough. You could try buying them second-hand (like from Amazon) to save cash. Just get like one a month for cheap and you'll be up to date with a mind full of awesome before the year is out!

#12 Edited by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

If you live in a place where there is a limited amount of comic book distributors like me (only 1 damn comic book shop where I live) and you wish to get your hands on an issue quickly then start from issue 25, and then get the following ones. But if your comic book shop has issue 20 then like everyone else has said, go for it. Whatever the issue, it is still a great read, well balanced team. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.