Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

When do you think Cyclops and Wolverine will make up?

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

When do you think that Cyclops and Wolverine will ever reunite their schools if there is a greater evil happening in the future? I know that Cyclops and Wolverine always had this rivalry with each other, but not like this. It's interesting that we are exploring this right now and I would like to see where this is going, but how long do you think this will last before fans get tired of this?

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

Probably not for a few years.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Not if things keep going the way they are now.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe depends on how pervy the writers get with jean

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@dayvid3 said:

Oh boy, I hope they don't try to hook Wolverine up with the teenage Jean Grey. That would be going too far.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the writers can think up an event that makes the X-Men get back together to battle what ever threat....

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When the writers can think up an event that makes the X-Men get back together to battle what ever threat....

Yeah, I hope that day comes soon...

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Maybe when Professor X comes back or when there are 100 Sentinels in the sky. Which ever one comes first.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@teerack said:

Maybe when Professor X comes back or when there are 100 Sentinels in the sky. Which ever one comes first.

Agree!

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I would love for there to be no reunion but for Wolverine to be so in favor of not rocking the boat to preserve his school that he begins to lose touch with what the mutant cause is and becomes to be scene by the hardliners as being on the 'humans' side. I don't just mean in Cyclops mind but say for example a mutant student all full of youthful rebeliousness makes a scens at a political rally or something like that with no one hurt and instead of helping the kid Logan turns the kid over to SHIELD and the kid goes to jail for a long time on a trumped up charges. Now that being said I seriously doubt that will ever happen as Marvel is unlikely to throw their sacred cow under the bus like that but I think it could be interesting.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I don't... I kind of like the broken conflicted X-Men. I wish the X-Men were a little more fractured. Maybe then we would have so many character overlap in titles...... I know there are people who hate the whole heroes VS heroes thing, but I like the grayness. There is nothing more compelling than a story that has two fanboys screaming at each other which side was right.....

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@lorex said:

I would love for there to be no reunion but for Wolverine to be so in favor of not rocking the boat to preserve his school that he begins to lose touch with what the mutant cause is and becomes to be scene by the hardliners as being on the 'humans' side. I don't just mean in Cyclops mind but say for example a mutant student all full of youthful rebeliousness makes a scens at a political rally or something like that with no one hurt and instead of helping the kid Logan turns the kid over to SHIELD and the kid goes to jail for a long time on a trumped up charges. Now that being said I seriously doubt that will ever happen as Marvel is unlikely to throw their sacred cow under the bus like that but I think it could be interesting.

plus it would be crazy out of character. Wolverine did the exact opposite of that by taking in Quire, who actually is really dangerous.

I'm sure they'll be on the same side of things at some point, but I'd actually prefer to see them as allies against a particular common threat, than actually on the same team again.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were never really friends and as long as Cyclops is going to be using students as soldiers I don't see them getting back together.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Even when they were on the same team, they were always at the best rivals. Sooner or later the X-Men will be a united front again, but even when that day comes I think they have so much negative history between them at this point that I don't ever see them ever burying the hatchet again.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: I don't... I kind of like the broken conflicted X-Men. I wish the X-Men were a little more fractured. Maybe then we would have so many character overlap in titles...... I know there are people who hate the whole heroes VS heroes thing, but I like the grayness. There is nothing more compelling than a story that has two fanboys screaming at each other which side was right.....

I agree. Besides singular views suck. Now we have Alex's whole "I want to be part of your world" shin dig, Scott's "Revolution or bust" approach, and Logan's "F__k this noise lets just sit here and hope they forget about us" thing. I really hope we see X-Men take a life of its own just to add to the complexity of mutants situation and views.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

I agree. Besides singular views suck. Now we have Alex's whole "I want to be part of your world" shin dig, Scott's "Revolution or bust" approach, and Logan's "F__k this noise lets just sit here and hope they forget about us" thing. I really hope we see X-Men take a life of its own just to add to the complexity of mutants situation and views.

I definitely would like to see this happen. It feels like we're barely getting the whole scope about the mutant situation in the marvel universe and I really hope that the X-Men would make this issue truly stand out more in the Marvel Universe.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Exactly! I would love for these ladies to really discuss what they think is going on and how things should be handled. Even for Storm to tell Logan what HER team will stand for as opposed to the school. Still an affiliation, but serving a different purpose.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will admit that I do enjoy seeing the whole "whose right and whose wrong" discussion boards on these characters! It makes the discussions even more interesting. I guess I'm more worried about whether or not the other X-Men (besides Beast) will ever get a say in this conflict between Cyclops and Wolverine. I'm pretty sure they are, but I guess I would rather see conflicts arise from the other X-Men rather than Cyclops and Wolverine since I've already seen these two fight for many years. A rivalry between Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde sounds way more interesting.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@muhabba said:

They were never really friends and as long as Cyclops is going to be using students as soldiers I don't see them getting back together.

O_o? They were like brothers and had a ridiculous amount of respect for each other. They were rivals but at the very least friends.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

After everything that's happened, it wouldn't make an ounce of sense for them to get back together anytime soon, or ever.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JohnnyGat

Before I reach 70 years old probably.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blood1991 said:

@judasnixon said:

I definitely would like to see this happen. It feels like we're barely getting the whole scope about the mutant situation in the marvel universe and I really hope that the X-Men would make this issue truly stand out more in the Marvel Universe.

@rabbitearsblog: Exactly! I would love for these ladies to really discuss what they think is going on and how things should be handled. Even for Storm to tell Logan what HER team will stand for as opposed to the school. Still an affiliation, but serving a different purpose.

I'm on board for all of this. The X-men have been a bunch of different factions, with different purposes, coexisting as allies, at least as far back as the mid-80's; there's no reason they still can't, theoretically.

I'd love to see Wolverine's school attacked by Sentinels or whoever, and him having to begrudgingly teleport his students to Cyclops' secret base. Or Storm telling Havoc and Cap', "don't worry, we got this". Or Cyclops needing the kind of help that he could only get from Beast's expertise.

I wanna see the two schools play baseball against each other.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

O_o? They were like brothers and had a ridiculous amount of respect for each other. They were rivals but at the very least friends.

I got the respect vibe from them and allies and such but I've never gotten a friend vibe from them.

HyeDaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@judasnixon said:

Yeah, I hope that day comes soon...

Yeah. I hope of that too

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ive thought about this a little bit and im guessing that for the next few years the X-men will be fractured and pushed and pulled apart and theyre going to spread thinly throughout the world. now that mutants are back theres a lot of different things the characters could do now that they dont all have to live on the same island protecting each other. give it a few years then something big is gonna come, either the rebirth of Professor X or Jean Grey. this will pull all the various strings of X-men, Cyclops' and Wolverine's X-men squads, the X-forces, New Mutants, the New X-men, etc. im nto saying this will end with Cyke and Wolverine becoming best friends but i think by that time they'll at least be able to tolerate each other again

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

I disagree. They were friends. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember back in Morrison's run where Wolvie said to Fantomex that there is no truer friend than Cyclops. Or something like that.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muhabba said:

I disagree. They were friends. Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember back in Morrison's run where Wolvie said to Fantomex that there is no truer friend than Cyclops. Or something like that.

I also think they were pretty close in Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, even though there were some moments where they fought.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dayvid3 said:

Oh boy, I hope they don't try to hook Wolverine up with the teenage Jean Grey. That would be going too far.

Why... he's had innuendo's before:

No Caption Provided

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dayvid3

Could be why he wanted a school of his own :p

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

@muhabba said:

I also think they were pretty close in Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men, even though there were some moments where they fought.

Apparently I've missed some issues. I'll just go back to bashing Spider-Man.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.