Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's Your Favorite X-Men Cartoon?

• 103 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
    deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll What's Your Favorite X-Men Cartoon? (143 votes)

X-Men: The Animated Series 52%
    X-Men: Evolution 31%
    Wolverine and the X-Men 22%
    X-Men (Anime) 1%
    Wolverine (Anime) 0%
    Pryde of the X-Men 3%

What's your favorite X-Men cartoon--and why? Also, what's your least favorite X-Men cartoon? And if I've offended any of you by calling the anime shows cartoons, I apologize. Sort of. I'm also aware that Pryde of the X-Men is merely a TV pilot, but I'm including it anyway just in case someone says, "What?! No mention of Pryde of the X-Men?" And yes, there's another thread like this, but it's over four years old.

My personal favorite X-Men cartoon is X-Men: Evolution. It's probably the most childish of the bunch, but it entertains me the most. To me, it was the most fun, and I felt like it gave appropriate focus to all the characters.

My least favorite that I've seen so far is probably Wolverine and the X-Men because a lot of the characters got shafted. I don't think it's bad at all, however. I just enjoy it the least out the X-Men cartoons I've seen. I did like how the show portrayed Emma Frost, Magneto, and Nightcrawler, though. It's a shame the show was cancelled.

X-Men: The Animated Series is obviously awesome--I just don't have the nostalgic attachment to it that most X-Men fans do. That's probably because I grew up in the 2000s.

Pryde of the X-Men wasn't too bad. I have it on VHS. It was pretty cheesy and more than a little silly, but it could've made for a decent TV series. Maybe.

I have yet to see the X-Men anime and Wolverine anime, but they're on my list of crap to watch.

Discuss.

• 
    killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

the original is still the best

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By westy206

Gambit in 90's was immense and Bishop and Apocalypse voice. When I read comics I hear the voices from this cartoon apart from Beast & Storm

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) X-MEN ANIME

I think it is a valuable remake of the Saga of Proteus and it was interesting see the characters interpreted from the japanese perspective. Also the animation was good.

The only weak points are the characterization of Emma Frost, who is unrecognizable and of Storm, who is non influential in the story.

2) X-MEN TAS

It is a very valuable remake of the stories nineties. But it is a little too child oriented.

3) X-MEN EVOLUTION

It is nice and it has some interesting ideas, but Scott and Jean aren't well characterized and the last seasons lost the focus on the characters.

4) WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN

It isn't a cartoon about the X-Men, it is a cartoon about Wolverine with some X-Men who act as his stooge.

5) PRIDE OF X-MEN

Really in this cartoon tere are so many things who I dislike, that I don't know where to start to dislike: the characters, the dialogue, all.

WOLVERINE ANIME

I haven't seen it

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose X-Men evolution, because I loved the characters design and it introduced X-23 which is awesome but X-men TAS is very close behind.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Evolution then TAS, i loved the pheonix and dark pheonix saga, and gladiator was cool, the brat(jubilee) was my favorite always getting in trouble or left behind to take the trouble. Evolution i loved the brotherhood especially toad(my favorite character in the series) and avalange and his beef with cyke.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

@cattlebattle: I meant like major flaws. Sure it had imperfections, but nothing that was downright bad.

For the most part it stayed true to all the characters and storylines.

Beata

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

TAS is classic.

Loved Evolution as a kid and I still like it now.

WaTXM was great! It's a shame it only lasted for a season. I think it had the potential to be something really special.

Not a fan of the X-Men/Wolverine anime series.

Azalae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS

DeconDevilDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By DeconDevilDoom

the animated series will always be the best i think although x men evolution was great and had a lot going for it and it had a great finally and at the end of the final episode they even make references to the actual canon as if it actual prequel to x men the animated series

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean

sagiravi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

1) X-MEN ANIME

I think it is a valuable remake of the Saga of Proteus and it was interesting see the characters interpreted from the japanese perspective. Also the animation was good.

The only weak points are the characterization of Emma Frost, who is unrecognizable and of Storm, who is non influential in the story.

2) X-MEN TAS

It is a very valuable remake of the stories nineties. But it is a little too child oriented.

3) X-MEN EVOLUTION

It is nice and it has some interesting ideas, but Scott and Jean aren't well characterized and the last seasons lost the focus on the characters.

4) WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN

It isn't a cartoon about the X-Men, it is a cartoon about Wolverine with some X-Men who act as his stooge.

5) PRIDE OF X-MEN

Really in this cartoon tere are so many things who I dislike, that I don't know where to start to dislike: the characters, the dialogue, all.

WOLVERINE ANIME

I haven't seen it

I completely disagree that Scott and Jean weren't well characterized in Evolution, i'd argue that Evo Scott is the best incarnation of the character ever, he represented everything that was the best in the character without all the trauma and other baggage from the comics and Jean for once is not a plot device and had some good character development, and even their relationship was done much better and more interesting and fun to watch without all the angst crap that was in the comics (and thankfully no crappy triangle from the comics either).

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagiravi: I agree (especially about their relationship), but I got the impression that they lacked something to be perfect.

Delaroja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was not allowed to watch many tv shows or comics as a child so I do not know many of those so i will have to do some research...

But I didn't really like W and the X-men that much but loved X-men Evolution

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Night4345

Evolution.

Spider-Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Spider-Hulk
    No Caption Provided

Personal Favourite.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
    SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I didn't love X-men TAS, at least not the beggining whixh is what I've watched. It was pretty boring, and I didn't particularly care for characters like Morph (the guy who died in the first few episodes). I actually liked X-men and the Wolverine's first few episodes, which made me continue watching it. So X-men and the Wolverine.

Martian81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've seen all, but my personal favourite is Wolverine and the Xmen, its animation was better than TAS, story was also quite good.I think it needed a second season at the very least to hit the heights TAS did. I was very very shocked and disappointed when it was canned after one season.I hope and dream someone can take up another season with the animation style and plot line that they had even if some years have gone by. Alternatively they should reboot the animation series as well and set the new one in the 80's just after the film of Apocalypse wraps up, we get to see the mutants at the close of the cold war.

SolidWall211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Personal Favourite.

HANDS DOWN! It's Evolution. Grew up with it.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By EC2277

@ec2277 said:

@sagiravi: I agree (especially about their relationship), but I got the impression that they lacked something to be perfect.

You are right, in X-Men Evolution Jean and Scott were characterized very well, in some ways better that they were in the comics. The only critique I can do is about the develop of their relationship: I think the writers could have develop better the evolution of the relationship between Scott and Jean, from friends whose mutual interest is more than a simply friendship, to become a real couple. But in the last seasons of the series, the author prefered focus their attention to the action, leaving aside the psychology of all characters.

Therefore I have to revise my judgement about X-Men Evolution, but not my charts: it is my third favourite X-Men series.

Avatar image for shadowofthelight
    ShadowoftheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well DUH The Animated Series

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Takeshi55

Despite The Animated Series not having most of my favourite Mutants, it definitely did Gambit right. Now he sounds like some generic Jamaican.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite The Animated Series not having most of my favourite Mutants, it definitely did Gambit right. Now he sounds like some generic Jamaican.

They didn't do Gambit right, though. He constantly refers to himself in the third person and the only time its even evident that he is some sort of thief is in one episode when they show his back story. I suppose him being referred to as that would be too "edgy" for kids at that time. You never see him pick a lock or anything like that. He is just a generic character that throws cards.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takeshi55 said:

They didn't do Gambit right, though. He constantly refers to himself in the third person and the only time its even evident that he is some sort of thief is in one episode when they show his back story. I suppose him being referred to as that would be too "edgy" for kids at that time. You never see him pick a lock or anything like that. He is just a generic character that throws cards.

I meant to say they did his voice right.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I meant to say they did his voice right.

Oh, lol. Yeah, I guess I can give that to them.

UHypocrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Animated Series

Oh how good were those days

PurePleazure4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS. It was the best cartoon we ever had.

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen the animated series was the introduction to xmen comics.. but looking at it now is a little dated..

But wolverine and the xmen i wish they didnt cancel

Xmen evolution was dope as well

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm completely the opposite. I voted for Wolverine and the X-men. TAS was ok, but Wolverine was more high fashion lol.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@poisonfleur said:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

X-men TAS

Best cartoon Ever

got me into x-men comics. it was a gimmick that worked

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SunsetGold

X-Men the original, no contest. It was the most loyal to the comics and the character designs. And so what if the animation looks old? That's how most cartoons in the late 80s looked back then. That's not hard to understand.

I would have liked Evolution far better if it didn't mess up some of the character's personalities and appearances (since when was Rogue an emo goth? Come on!) It did have it's good points but it was heavily flawed.Some of the stories were incoherent.

I did like Wolverine and the X-Men but it always seemed to cut short for some reason. It didn't get the full-length time it really needed.

The anime version wasn't too bad but it really lacked a suitable cast of characters. A lot of them didn't even do much. At least Cyclops was treated far better here than the films.

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: Savate and a hypnotic charm to manipulate the opponents as well? Since when do you see a thief skilled in savate? That isn't generic. And he doesn't just throw cards. He has more than one ability.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I grew up with X-Men: TAS. That was the show that got me into Comics in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've only seen the 90s one, but it doesn't hold up for me.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Storyboarding Suite

"X-Men: The Animated Series" (Fox Kids) stands out for its faithful adaptation of the original comics, with drawings and storyboards that simply lay out the main themes from the actual comic books. No other X-Men (Marvel Comics) non-literature media offers such straightforward storytelling true to the original vision of the comic book writers.

X-Men: TAS presented a handsome multi-part storyboard titled "Reunion" (1994) in which Xavier and Magneto had to team up to tackle a nefarious science-perversion scheme cooked up by the calculating Mister Sinister and his monstrous allies (i.e., Vertigo, Nasty Boys, Brainchild, etc.) on an untamed island.

This TV gem highlighted a genetics-popcorn graffiti art niche in America.

No Caption Provided

ororo-munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men: The Animated Series

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really liked Wolverine and the X-Men. They were going to bring in Magik and Colossus in season 2, but it got canceled because Disney.

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men Tas

David_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xmen evolution. I like xmen tas too but evolution featured more of my favorite charecters.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOPE. 90's Cartoon X-Men will go down in History!!! By far the BEST.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

and to date those are the voices i hear for the majority of the characters (Magneto, Cyclops and Apocalypse especially)

I hated the voice for Apocalypse in X-Men TAS. I always read him in the voice of Darkseid from Superman TAS. I also think Evolution did a better Cyclops. TAS Cyke sounded like he had a stick up his ass.

On topic, I never got into any of the X-Men cartoons. I like the movies tho. I usually read Xavier as Patrick Stewart. Stewart has also been consistently voicing the charecter in other Media since 2002 tho.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@invain: Lol I can't help Cyclops. That's just the voice I hear..it sounds awesome to me when you pair some of his modern character stuff with it or even reading his "Why we are the X-Men" speech from the end of God Loves Man Kills. It's depth that TAS never gave him but the voice is near perfect. I love evolution but he sounds much to Young for adult Scott.

I think Darkseid is too subdued for Apocalypse. I mean that may be perfect for what we fans WANT Apocalypse to be like...but as for the giggling dandy who laughs at his clever victories and is arrogant as all hell...you know? The guy he actually is in the comics? Yea TAS is perfect for that ridiculous a--hole.

I

Prof X....I kinda jump around. Anything from early 90s is TAS. Anything Morrison is PatStew. Anything else depends how serious were supposed to take Xavier.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything with emma on the main cast wont/didnt last long

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wolverine and the X-Men.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

I think Darkseid is too subdued for Apocalypse. I mean that may be perfect for what we fans WANT Apocalypse to be like...but as for the giggling dandy who laughs at his clever victories and is arrogant as all hell...you know? The guy he actually is in the comics? Yea TAS is perfect for that ridiculous asshole.

In the comics Apocalypse's voice is described as

"A voice that thunder would envy"

And to me this does not match that description.

Loading Video...

Side note: While looking up videos of Apocalypse's voice, I saw a couple from X-Men Evolution. I thought he sounded pretty cool there but I don't think I watched a single Evolution episode that had him in it. It also looks like he might of had two different voice actors in X-Men TAS. The one in this video is the one that I dislike the most.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#99  Edited By darkdetective27

Probably Wolverine and the X-Men.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Shepard-Croft

90s X-Men series. However, I only watched that one and Evolution.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.