Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's your favorite cartoon of X-Men?

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) 90's cartoon (especially the phoenix and dark phoenix saga, better then the comicbooks)

2) wolverine and the x-men #savewolerineandthex-men, its a real thing on facebook plus i wanted to see if emma comes back to life

3) x-men evolution the first season was the best but then in dragged on and on and on ish

did they have more seasons in the x-men anime?????i have the first one, i didnt like it that much

rodrigomonsalv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

x men anime sucks a lot, but the art is good, x men 92 is pure art i love it so much, you can see some conections with marvel comic universe, its cool

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

X-Men: TAS

Avatar image for handofprometheus
    HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverine and the X-Men

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

X men evolution

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

X-men Animated Series. (1992)

No Caption Provided
    SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite was xmen evolution its the only Scott - Jean pairing that i liked, and the only version of Jean Grey i really liked.

I know the Evolution wasnt as good as the one from early 90s, but i was 6 years old girl when evolution came out and i really loved it a lot.

Evolution Scott was amazing imo. He was less stiff than in comics but in same time very good and dedicated leader.

Nightcrawler was great too , very fun and i liked his frinedship with Scott .

I know a lot people didnt liked idea of Logan , Ororo and Hank being professors but in that time i didnt knew anything about Xmen comics. All i knew about them was from that cartoon.

Oh and evolution did not had Scott-Jean-Wolverine love triangle also Emma-Scott-Jean love triangle , and that makes Evolution best cartoon eva ^_^.

ps: sorry for my poor english u.u

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By AgeofHurricane

^Mhm.

Evolution was fantastically hot, and as has been astutely said above, it features the best iteration of Scott Summers known to man, and that alone makes it a cut above the rest.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@andersonhoran: The only one I really liked was Wolverine And The X-Men. I think it had the best story, continuity, and set-up; the animation was styley, but not distracting. If I had any complaint it would be how many episodes were basically just Wolverine solo stories.

I have some nostalgia for the '92 X-men, but even at the time I didn't think it was very good; the comics were just so much better, especially at the time.

X-Men: Evolution had my favorite premise out of the bunch, but besides making Cyclops and Jean likable I just couldn't get into the character interpretations or stories. The art and costume designs made it kind of hard to watch too. That said, I can sort of see how the popularity of this show would be the impetus for bringing Cyclops and Jean back as teenagers (like they have in the comics, and are about to in the films), since this seems to be the versions of the characters everyone likes.

X-Men Anime had my favorite team of the bunch, but still failed to make any of the characters compelling. The story was kind of boring, and the art style was kind of distracting. I did appreciate the emotional weight given to some of the darker themes, but beyond that this didn't one do much for me.

If I was going to recommend an animated X-men series, I still think the Astonishing X-Men Motion Comic is the best. It may have (arguably) the worst animation, but it has the best story, characterization, character moments, design, and art style of any of them.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all pretty wack. In the very least, X-Men Anime had a more adult tone, which better fits the X-Men, but still, the show had a lot of flaws.

dark phoenix saga, better then the comicbooks)

You know those super rare occasions where someones opinion is wrong?? This is one of those ;)

cajunpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, it's all about Gambit. The Animated Series still ranks as my favorite, as Gambit was heavily used in that series (and Chris Potter just nailed the voice). I didn't get into Evolution until they brought in Gambit, as a bad guy no less, but it was still pretty good, and they had a great Gambit & Rogue episode towards the end (plus, in the finale, Gambit & Colossus were shown in the picture on the X-team). Wolverine & the X-Men was tough for me. The first episode with Gambit was really good, but the second one really painted Gambit in a bad way (he was trying to blow up an island, much like a terrorist). Little off base there, but still a decent series. Never saw the other one.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men animated series

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pryde of the X-men for visuals alone.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They were all pretty wack. In the very least, X-Men Anime had a more adult tone, which better fits the X-Men, but still, the show had a lot of flaws.

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

dark phoenix saga, better then the comicbooks)

You know those super rare occasions where someones opinion is wrong?? This is one of those ;)

:PPP it doesnt count cause its my birthday.....im always right!!!!!!!!

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evolution will always have a special place in my heart.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
    1. TAS
    2. Evo
    3. WatX
    4. Anime
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. TAS
    2. Evo
    3. WatX
    4. Anime

is it just me or was evolution a bit babyish???????

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:
    1. TAS
    2. Evo
    3. WatX
    4. Anime

is it just me or was evolution a bit babyish???????

Haha some episodes certainly. Then again all of them had some level of silly kiddy goody goody meh in certain episodes (except for that weak-sauce anime).

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evolution hands down. So many great cameo's! That whole episode in the forest with Beast, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Iceman, and Kitty, it was pure magic.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:PPP it doesnt count cause its my birthday.....im always right!!!!!!!!

Lol. Happy B-day. Mine was last week. Let the record show that only the greatest of people are born in July.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Koays

*cough* And January *cough*

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

*cough* And January *cough*

hey my sister's b-day is january 14 and mine is july 15.......:D

SamantaGothic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iam born in january XD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

andersonhoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men Animated Series. (1992)

No Caption Provided

oh yeah! haha :)

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Evolution, because it got me into reading comics. A process that started because I was curious about the X-23 character that appeared in one of the episodes. But, Wolverine and the X-men would be my top pick if it ever get out of being cancelled (which would be never). WatX premiered the appearances of Dust, Pixie, Hellion, Rockslide, Mercury and probably others that I didn't notice. A shame it was made before the Disney acquisition of Marvel. KYost should make a New X-Men animated series.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was going to recommend an animated X-men series, I still think the Astonishing X-Men Motion Comic is the best. It may have (arguably) the worst animation, but it has the best story, characterization, character moments, design, and art style of any of them.

Lol seriously if that's an option i pick that one. Love Evolution and TAS but sometimes i just want to have my stories read to me, could really use more of these in my opinion.

SunsetGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SunsetGold

The best one will always be the original animated series. It's a classic and the most loyal to the comics. Nothing can compare. It's just so magical. I loved the whole cast and there was never a boring moment for me. There were a few episodes that weren't that great, but they still had an interesting premise. Evolution was pretty average. I would have liked it a lot better if the characters were better portrayed and the stories were more well focused. At times, they were pretty incoherent and didn't have a direction, which the animated series did very well. The biggest offenders of characters to me were Kitty and Rogue. Kitty Pryde is one of my favourite characters in the comics. Here. she's my least favourite. She acts overly stupid and self-centered and also a bit of a brat as well. Rogue was a goth, which was the biggest change out of everyone. She acted moody and constantly complained and basically isolated herself from everyone else. Where's the brave, sassy. fearless Rogue in the original cartoon that everyone loves? She's not in this one, that's for sure. Quicksilver was far too much of a Draco Malfoy. I know he's a villain, but a different take would have been better. He's still one of my favourites nonetheless. I prefer Lance though.

Wolverine and the X-Men was the weakest of the lot. It definitely had potential but it just lacked a lot of depth. And some of the characters were treated very unfairly in this series. Gambit only appeared at least three times in this series and that was it. He was in Evolution far more and was one of the main characters in the original series. He's my all time favourite X-Men character, which is another reason why I was very disappointed with Wolverine and the X-Men. Quicksilver and Rogue were underused. Psylocke and Apocalypse got pushed aside as well. I've seen bits of the anime but it didn't really interest me that much.

I prefer the comics in general but TAS will always be my favourite out of all the adaptations.

yellint22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I loved WATX the most as I grew up with it and it basically got me into comics. I still love it though simply because it dealt with a lot of charecters, themes and relationships that haven't been aproached by other adaptions. Also, with a few exceptions (cyclops other than in breakdown which is fabulous), it has the best, most accurate protrayls of many of its Charecters. Don't use the lack of screen time against it, it did a lot in the short time it had (though it could have gained some time by cutting the wolverine centric episodes)

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I grew up on wolverine and the X-men. so that is my favourite

alex101594

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By alex101594

Tie between 90s and Wolverine and the xmen. I love the Og but Wolverine and the Xmen have my two favorites Iceman and Emma Frost, plus it did last characters justice.

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the 90's animated show and Wolverine And The X-Men equally. Evolution has bits and pieces that I like but overall I'm not a fan. The anime is just godawful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.