Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's with the Uncanny X-Men's Powers??? (UXM #22 Spoilers)

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forgive me if this was covered elsewhere, what is the current state of the Uncanny X-Men's powers???

*Spoiler Warning* for those who have not read UXM #22

It was revealed that the Dark Beast was responsible for the sentinel attacks on the X-Men. and it was also revealed that the reason the powers of the Uncanny X-Men (Cyclops, Emma, etc) were not working properly, was because they were infected with Nanotech Sentinels. "Good" Beast has since claimed to have shut them down.

Wouldn't that mean that Cyclops now has his previous level of control over his Optic Blasts? Does Emma have a fully functioning telepathy back? Won't Magneto have full mastery of magnetism again? Does this mean their powers going haywire had nothing to do with the Phoenix force? Also, wasn't there some chatter about Cyclops getting a change in his powers?

Perhaps Bendis intended to further explore the fallout from the Nanotech Sentinel discovery before being derailed by Original Sin. Perhaps the Nanotech Sentinels are part of the bigger thing that has their powers going haywire.

But if there really isnt anything more to it than Nanotech Sentinels, i must say im sorely disappointed by this revelation. Not that i want their powers to be back to their status quo. I like the thought that Cyclops might be able to unleash another level to what is a rather one-dimensional power at the moment. I like how this new Magneto has to use his wits more because of his more limited powers.

Thoughts? Comments?

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No their powers are still broken...the nanotech sentinels only gave Dark Beast the ability to turn their powers on and off at will....note that during a sentinel attack some of the students were also unable to use their abilities, even though they had never previously had an issue. We already know from a preview of a later issue that Scott at least is training to regain control over his blasts

slimlim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By slimlim

@lordmordor: I totally missed that! looking at #22 again, there was a scene when Triage had trouble healing Dazzler. Good to know.

Thanks for that. Phew.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.