Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13410 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's the deal with Mystique and Wolverine?

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Editman

In the Animated Series, they seem to have some sort of history, even in the movie it was the same thing. I haven't come across a comic with this relationship. So What's the story behind them?

Avatar image for termination_squad
    Termination Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Termination Squad

She worked along Weapon X, her love was on the team

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

In Wolverine and the X-Men animated series they were in love I'm pretty sure (during the Weapon X days). In comics I dont believe Mystique was ever a part of Weapon X. Though I could be wrong about that.    
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

In the second film she mentions that no-one has ever left a mark like him.  She was disguised as Jean Grey and trying to seduce him , when he found the three scars left by his Adamantium claws from the first film.  Being a metamorph she usually heals quicker, but the Adamantium scarred her.  I don't think they were ever an item.  More like she was trying to mess with his head.
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Vindellavon

Didn't they have a past fling in the comics? I think it was Get Mystique that revealed that part.
    yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By yodagod

Wolverine and Mystique have a long and complex history going back nearly a hundred years.  They have been rivals and lovers equally often though I don't think they have ever actually been in love.  They always had a mutual respect for one another both for their skills and commitment to their ideals.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @yodagod: Where was that established?
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By FoxxFireArt
    @xerox-kitty: 
    They did have a relationship, established in the Get Mystique book. Seems they met in Mexico and traveled together well into what appeared the 1930s, where they had a gang. Wolverine sold out the gang. Most died, but Mystique got away. They met up some time later, while stowing away on a train, where he claimed that he just stabbed her in the back before she could. He didn't believe her about living happily after one last big score. Her only reply to that was, "I guess we'll never know.".  Once his back was turned she kicked him off the train.
    They battled in Get Mystique and were really kicking each others' asses. Wolverine got the upper hand, but refused to kill Mystique. This meeting seemed to be part of the motivation for Mystique appearing in front of Bobby. All the while she seemed like she was trying to kill Bobby, but she never went all the way. At then end she admitted that Logan was right. That she was alone. I thought that Manifest Destiny book was really interesting. Mystique pretty much helped Bobby over come the toxin she slipped him. At the end Bobby confronts her that he thinks that she is in love with him. She didn't say anything.
    Before Utopia, last we saw Mystique she told Bobby that she would come see him one more time. Not with her face or body, but promised him that he would love her. After that she jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge.

Ever since that time I've been anticipating their next meeting. Sadly with the Dark X-Men story. I don't think we will get that meeting anytime soon. I was looking forward to that since Mystique isn't a willing participant and I saw Mike Carey would be writing X-Men Legacy.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @FoxxFireArt: I've read the Manifest Destiny story (and thought it was nonsensical rubbish), but didn't know what the reference to Wolverine was about. 

Thanks for the info on Get Mystique.  That's what I didn't know about.  Although it sounds awful.  And it now means she's now slept with both Sabretooth & Wolverine.  What is it with Mystique's taste in feral men??
    Vindellavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vindellavon
    @xerox-kitty said:
      What is it with Mystique's taste in feral men?? "
    Methinks Mystique likes it rougher than usual?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By goldenkey

a shape changer.   She can put her g spot on the tip of her nipples........awsome
    Avatar image for rogue__red_guard_
    Rogue (Red Guard)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not only do that often hint to there being a past love. in the House Of M story line they are actually current lovers as well as work partners. heck she started a new war just because he told her he felt useless not fighting. its said here and there in parts that they were in the "weapons plus program" together. that came before weapon x. thats also how she knows creed. but obviously wolverine doesn't remember her. but if you read carefully. mystique is one of only 2 people that wolverine ever tracks with his sense of smell from miles away. 

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thunderscream

I think they'd make a cute couple if Raven could ever clean up her act :P

FMStyyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FMStyyx

If Mystique wasssnt a bit*h shed be perfect for wolv.. Shes the most badass chick ever, and wolv is the most badass in marvel (bc he doesnt hav energy based powers or fly, he has skill, healing and claws epic)

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

@Thunderscream said:

I think they'd make a cute couple if Raven could ever clean up her act :P

i',m wondering if they're in love.

Carloc21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Carloc21

I'll I know is mystique definitely wronged him for sure and she's a total bitch for not bringing him back to life and would let the entire universe be destroyed because of her rage

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By poisonfleur

...Because Hugh Jackman gets Jean, Silverfox, Mariko, Storm, and Mystique and Mystique as all the girls... I think I missed a couple btw.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i always thought wolverine and mystique should be together. they kind of have a twisted version of the batman and catwoman deal. you can tale mystique cares for him because in one of the issues of wolverine he was about to go kill his kids. a ploy setup in an attempt to break him by this shady group. who rounded up a team of logan's kids he didn't know about over the years and they told them they were going to train them so they would be able to kill logan so they could have there revenge for wolverine abandoning them. but the real plan was to set it up where they would attack him he would kill them all. then once he found out they were his kids it would break him mentally. mystique found out about this and went to tell wolverine. even though she knew wolverine was looking for her so he could kill her she still tried to warn him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f
    deactivated-5b8a3b8a2f17f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@comic_book_fan: You do realize what happened with Logan and Raven during 30's when he and Mystique were going to rob Kansas city bank where he was physically seduced and promised that they will have a healthy happy family by Raven only to betray him but who cares because he deserved it as told by some fans even though those fans know she had already done this with Bobby and Gambit....

Talking about those children she was literally unkilliable and she felt the guilt about being responsible for his previous assault(Goes to Hell) because she thought that Logan should her mercy for not killing her when Scott told him to kill her when she betrayed the X-Men....(Get Mystique)

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biswaboxz: yeah but mystique is known for being selfish i mean she did shoot her own daughter and yet she cared enough about logan to try to warn him knowing what he would do.

Invain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They hooked up in the early 90s, shortly before Mystique started her relationship with Forge. Then in around 2008 it was retconned to where they've known each other since the early 1900's or some shit.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

They did get close at some point.

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How many kids does Mystique have at this point? It seems like she has hooked up with a lot of people.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust: They really drove it home in BotA with spawn by both Chuck and Logan. I wonder if her mutant physiology gestates differently, maybe her malleable cells expedite the process and she can produce offspring in half the time. What if she doesn't even need to copulate and just coming into contact with genetic material and combining it with her own allows her to create an easy-bake-oven shapeshifter clone army?

znop01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By znop01

Didn't Logan and Raven find themselves in a roadside motel getting it on while she (Raven) was impersonating Jean Grey and Jubilee busted them -- incidently kicking Logan motorcycle over as she ran back to the mansion?

Avatar image for deactivated-60e87a786cc9c
    deactivated-60e87a786cc9c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@znop01 said:

Didn't Logan and Raven find themselves in a roadside motel getting it on while she (Raven) was impersonating Jean Grey and Jubilee busted them -- incidently kicking Logan motorcycle over as she ran back to the mansion?

Yeah,that's logan & .........raven.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.