Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's next for Cyclops?

• 72 results
    Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Abishai100

Storm/Cyclops: LoveCraft Teleology

You can't just write-off Cyclops, because he is the X-Men hero who provides the team a sense of mental grounding. Sure he needs those special sunglasses to prevent going eye-power crazy, but he seems more collected about his mutation when compared to other challenged X-Men members such as Rogue, Wolverine, and Morph.

I think Cyclops should make a splash with a post-apocalyptic love story involving Storm. Maybe Jean Grey ends up with Wolverine, giving Cyclops and Storm room to develop their shared passion for mature leadership.

Storm and Cyclops also provide nice science-based genetics-power fantasy grounding. Storm must keep balance with Mother Nature, and Cyclops must lead with a vision power that demands a degree of human responsibility (after all, how sensitive is vision?).

"Storm and Cyclops are discussing how to approach mutant bigotry through the lens of ethnic bigotry. They remark how a jungle pygmy and a Western farmer are both familiar with green grass and can therefore identify the perception of the color green. This scientific link despite a world of experience difference suggests that peace is possible. As Storm and Cyclops revel in this small discovery, they begin to develop a deep mental connection."

Psychophysics

No Caption Provided

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

@abishai100: yea, uh no at least just say they are horny for each other <.< you got to have idiots like me be able to understand whats happening

As far as Cyclops death, i do believe its greatly exaggerated. THE MAN, THE MYTH, shall live and come back to REUNITE THE TEAM AND DESTROY INHUMANS!! or uh, help the species to survive in limbo <.<

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Scott it either Dead or Trapped somewhere.

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can't kill god so clearly there's been a mistake.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7
    deactivated-57e73b68b7ed7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt he is dead.

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should retire from the X-Men to raise a child with Emma :P

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should retire from the X-Men to raise a child with Emma :P

A child named ruby maybe? <.< God I wish they would of added Ruby to the Main universe when they added all the other olds and ends like OML and Ultimate Spiderman

TristanHeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn: Yes, bring on Ruby.

Emma could even continue to be part of the team working from home.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Its kinda disappointing to see the direction x men as gone in over the years.At one time I cared about the characters. now i don't really give a shit. I still say they shoulda made Xorn magneto way back in the planet x story line instead of that chicken shit changeup they had Chuck Austen do. It would have been interesting to see how it would have developed from there. for me it started to go downhill in between that and astonishing x men and turned to crap with the majority of the stuff that leads to present day. I don't really care about Cyclops anymore and he was once my favorite guy. Why are young Cyclops friends even still around again? I do care about whats next for peter stancheck though and kris, and Faith, Charlene and John Torquelson. cuz they are just more interesting characters right now.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By anjuwayo

I canda want him to be with his hopefully still axis evil brother havok. Helping havok get his daughter back. And i was hoping emma return to her evil ways as white queen and find out she is pregnant. Bring ruby summers to 616, since they dont wanna bring her from another universe...

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is on the cover for All New X-Men #2.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I hope that it turns out Cyclops is alive, but he just can't be bothered anymore. Like a real "well if the Avengers don't care enough to not have us live in Limbo why should I bother?"

They have to have Cyclops be the one who screwed everything up because otherwise everyone would just have to admit that what he has been saying for the last X amount of years is true. The X-men side of the Universe was just getting to a nice standpoint, new mutants being born, it was right after a serious mutant genocide (axis), the factions were interesting. But now back to the current state of absolute crap.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

He can never survive because he is worthless ;)

No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Optic blasts can't melt steel beams.

Marvel is up to something, Cyclops fans should be very afraid.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From Ex. X-men 3 and all new X-men today.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Limbo Listener

Let's posit that Cyclops and Storm begin an affair in Limbo and then Cyclops decides to declare himself as supreme dictator, and as Storm contemplates the wisdom of such a radical act, maybe Jean Grey starts to develop feelings for Cyclops again.

This could be a 'taking-liberties' storyline. The bottom line seems to be to include Cyclops in storyboard discussions about general leadership. We know that Hollywood (USA) obviously seems to favor Wolverine spotlights.

Limbo

No Caption Provided

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Chapmar

Seriously so sick of this stupid one line teasers every issue. Plus the whole angle of cyclops being the cause of all the problems when the entire arc of the entire series of Bendis' uncanny X-men was that he WAS NOT willing to go that extra step and the problems of wrestling with towing the line of hero and pariah.Hell the whole Matthew Molloy arc exists to be the wake up call, the what if Scott went too far.

And even when he went too far he still did it in a way that would negate violence and death, and some could argue that he was doing the right thing to keep a mutant from being killed.

Drives me nuts.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chapmar: I think it's all one big red-herring at this point with Cyclops attacking the Inhumans. I don't doubt that he attacked, but I feel like he had a plan behind the whole thing and that it'll have some sort of effect later one. I'm hoping.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raunjisto: I'm hoping so too but the way Marvel is going these days I wouldn't be surprised.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.