Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What's happening here?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fabulosity
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I found those images in some website where it say Cyclops is a douche bag. Now, I didn't create that website.

Also, I found another website saying this (again, I didn't create that website either Just wanted to share with you guys).

"Of all the great douche bag characters out there, there is no bigger douche bag than Scott Summers. Yeah I know what you’re thinking, “What about Tony Stark?” Well the difference is he’s up front about his issues. Not Mr. Perfect Scott Summers however, Mr. I have to handle the tough choices Summers uses his leadership as an excuse to be a jerk. Let’s review shall we.

Ever since Jean Grey died (again) Scott has had a major stick up his arse. Throughout all the X-Men’s recent hardships Scott has done nothing but be a dick to as many people as possible, including people like Charles Xavier. All Xavier did was take this little punk off the street along with his two brothers, one of which he lied to Scott about (Gabriel) and who is now running roughshod through outer space. But that’s neither here nor there. Xavier tried to lend a hand during a recent crisis only to be kicked out of his own home by Scott.

Scott barely seemed to care when Bishop shot Xavier by accident, instead being all stoic and crap. In all fairness he did send Wolverine and the new X-Force to kill Bishop (a former friend) and protect the son that he abandoned by the way. His son is now a bitter gun toting maniac because of it. Not only did he leave a new born baby with said manic but he sent a team of killers to protect him. People he made into killers. This guy is a huge jerk wad can’t you see?

It’s too bad Ororo Monroe isn’t around to set that guy straight. She was a much better leader of the X-Men anyway. Remember the time she lost her powers (the guys who write Heroes do)? She still beat up lame ass Scott Summers to retain her role as leader of the team. When Scott lost his powers he was useless until they “killed” him. Even his choice in women is suspect.

Dude if you’re girlfriend has a knack for coming back from the dead, then maybe you should wait a while before playing the field. Her body wasn’t even cold before he started shaking up with Emma Frost of all people. There should be a rule against dating women who have tried to kill you on repeated occasions or something.

Not to sound nitpicky but Scott has one of the lamest powers out of all the X-Men, all it takes is a well placed rock upside the head and this idiot is down for the frickin’ count. I mean really, oh look at me I shoot beams out of my eyes and I call myself Cyclops because I’m so frickin’ clever! What a dork.

In the end, the reason I hate Scott Summers is that he hasn’t really changed since day one. Still the stoic, sulky little jerk after all these years is getting really old, hell it was old in the 80’s. Scott Summers uses whatever hardships his team is facing as an excuse to treat his people like dirt and it’s about time somebody shot his ass.

C’mon, how hard can it be? Just hit the jerk over the head with something heavy and bury him alive. At least they got the right idea and killed him off in the movies, that was good thinking on their part and the highlight of the film. Scott Summers has so outlived his usefulness now that all mutants are registered with the government anyway who needs that guy?

Let’s review here: Scott Summers is a lousy friend, a mentor betrayer, a dead beat dad, and an all around world class jerk. Here’s hoping that Omega Red shows up and sucks the life out of Scott and does the Marvel Universe a huge favor."

It seems that I'm not the only one. Just saying.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Stahp.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Are you genuinely asking what is going on in those panels or are you just copying someone elses' dislikes?

Btw, the scans are showing the difference between Scott and Logan. Scott is willing to use his students, who are kids, to help fend off invading Sentinels and Logan is not. It's principle vs nessescity.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smh....figures

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you genuinely asking what is going on in those panels or are you just copying someone elses' dislikes?

Btw, the scans are showing the difference between Scott and Logan. Scott is willing to use his students, who are kids, to help fend off invading Sentinels and Logan is not. It's principle vs nessescity.

Obviously I did say I found those image. Didn't I? Also, those in quotation is from someone else saying. Not me. So pretty much is a copy from someone else. I didn't wrote this, of course. Just sharing the quote. I hope this is not bad enough to see my thread close once again. Just asking what's going on, in the part where Wolverine is saying this

"I've done everything you ever asked me to do. I've kept your secrets. I've lied to my friends. I've killed who you said to killed. I do all that so they wouldn't have to"

Does he mean the kids? I did ask what's happening here that's all. I'm not calling nobody names or who is or not fabulous. I was just curious cause I must have miss this book.

Because it seems to me that Wolverine want the kids to be save and he will fight for them, while Cyclops just want them to fight. I'm thinking he doesn't care if they die or not. I'm just going by their arguments. I never saw this one. So I hope I'm not doing nothing wrong just by that.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabulosity: Sorry but it's a little difficult to tell where your stuff ends and this other guy begins.

Logan is referring to the X-Force, a covert group of mutants Cyke put together to eliminate threats to mutants before they got the chance... a deathsquad really. What strained Logan to begin with was that Scott asked X-23 to be a part of it, essentially putting her back in the same boots her makers had her wear. Also the thing with the X-Force was that it was also kept secret from the other mutants.

But ultimately, yes, they are the kids in the back. Logan has been killing and doing Scott's dirty work for quite a while at this point, so they didn't have to become like him.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fabulosity

Sorry for not putting the tittle of the website where I found this quote from. But here is the tittle.

Scott Summers must die.

Heck, isn’t it his turn?

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabulosity: Sorry but it's a little difficult to tell where your stuff ends and this other guy begins.

Logan is referring to the X-Force, a covert group of mutants Cyke put together to eliminate threats to mutants before they got the chance... a deathsquad really. What strained Logan to begin with was that Scott asked X-23 to be a part of it, essentially putting her back in the same boots her makers had her wear. Also the thing with the X-Force was that it was also kept secret from the other mutants.

But ultimately, yes, they are the kids in the back. Logan has been killing and doing Scott's dirty work for quite a while at this point, so they didn't have to become like him.

Oh ok. That's what I was thinking. Thanks. Where I found those images doesn't quite say what book or issue is this from. Can this be from All New X Men? I don't know, but I want to start collecting those.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writer is biased:

• Wolverine can't really claim any high ground, ever. He's been a jerk and a killer for years and it's only recently that he tried to change his image. In fact, he generally advocated that all of the younger members should learn to fight for years. That is why he taught self-defense to so many junior members.
    • Storm has never shown any interest in the next generation of mutants until now (the New Mutants basically fell apart because she left them with Magneto, and bonus points to anyone who remembers the Mutant Massacre where the New Mutants were missing and presumed dead after Thor's energy burst but Storm nor anyone else in the lineup bothered to check for bodies). She had no interest in training during the New X-Men, and relatively recently became a co-headmistress. She's never been all that interested in that role, so she wouldn't be able to set anything straight, nor would it be appropriate for her to do so. This isn't a knock against the character, but the fact is that she's generally preoccupied with other responsibilities, and unlike the faculty in New X-Men, she's never been looked at as an educator - she's one of the team captains first and foremost.
    • And most of the X-Men's Big Guns can be taken out by a rock to the head, because most of them do not have enhanced durability.
    • Most of the X-Men haven't really changed for years. I would actually argue that Scott showed more character development than most of them: there is a clear progression from awkward teen, to responsible field leader, to team leader/officer, and his various roles, and I think many writers spent more time with him across the years exploring his thoughts. He grew a lot under Claremont's pen, and it was he who defended the new roster (Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, etc.) against Xavier when he pointed out that they were adults, and needed to be treated/trained as such.

Basically, none of the senior team members have any standing in this argument and most are "guilty" of the same "offenses" this writer claims Cyclops committed.

I think it's a shame that one of the most stable and responsible characters in the team is considered "mean" or a "douche" when he is basically the only one addressing both the team's core and overall mission at this point.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Wolverine can't really claim any high ground, ever. He's been a jerk and a killer for years and it's only recently that he tried to change his image. In fact, he generally advocated that all of the younger members should learn to fight for years. That is why he taught self-defense to so many junior members.

Think the difference is that Logan has and continued to teach the kids to fight so they can defend themselves and each other, Scott has asked them to kill.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: That's not entirely true. Unless you mean with X23 he asked her too and that was a horrible call for multiple reasons including her origin. Excuses can be made but it wasn't right.

But in these particular panels and even throughout the schism event he never asked them to kill anyone. He was ready to give up when the sentinel came and the kids showed up ready to fight it. He agreed so that they wouldn't lose the last haven for mutants while the other X-Men were away.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

When was the last time the X-men were actually unified? I can't really remember.

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fabulosity

Now, this is from Deviantart with a stamp of Cyclops.

No Caption Provided

Here is her quote. I think is a she.

"I don't care if you disagree, but look at how he's been in the X-men series over the years.

After Jean's first death, he moves on with a woman eerily alike Jean called Madelyne Pryor whom he marries and builds a family with. Later on their son gets kidnapped and Jean gets back from the dead.

And what does Scott do?

He leaves Maddie to get back to Jean. Even Jean thinks it was stupid of him to leave his wife, but he does not go back to Maddie, and she later on goes insane and meets a demon whom invokes her mutant powers, turning her evil due to lack of interest in finding their kidnapped son and any interest in herself at all.

After he marries Jean Grey, he gets killed by Apocalypse to later be resurrected by his wife, after that whole ordeal, Scott gets mentally scarred and then starts to have sessions with Emma Frost, to get over the whole deal. The two then gets a weird psychic affair. And when Jean finds out about this, he bails while Emma gets psychically tortured by Jean.

And if that does make him a douche, I don't know what will. He has a grand obsession over Jean that is unhealthy and very creepy.

This stamp is for everyone to use.

Scott Summers - X-men (C) Marvel"

Let me make it clear this is another quote from somebody else. Just pointing that out... is not from me.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By oldnightcrawler

The writer is biased:

That's not really accurate. While Wolverine has trained many of the students in self-defense and combat, there's actually only a few that he ever hand-picked for active duty. Actually, I think only Kitty and Armor, really (both of whom were virtually invulnerable, good students, and able to fight him to a standstill). He may have trained others to fight, but there's very few he suggested become X-men.

He only suggested that the New X-Men get to be active members well after they'd proven themselves in the field, and has actually spent most of his time with the X-men considering himself their protector. This has always been the difference between him and Cyclops, who was trained from day one to send kids out into the field.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixofthetides said:

The writer is biased:

That's not really accurate. While Wolverine has trained many of the students in self-defense and combat, there's actually only a few that he ever hand-picked for active duty. Actually, I think only Kitty and Armor, really (both of whom were virtually invulnerable, good students, and able to fight him to a standstill). He may have trained others to fight, but there's very few he suggested become X-men.

He only suggested that the New X-Men get to be active members well after they'd proven themselves in the field, and has actually spent most of his time with the X-men considering himself their protector. This has always been the difference between him and Cyclops, who was trained from day one to send kids out into the field.

I meant junior members who were between New Mutants and X-Men status, such as Psylocke, Dazzler, Kitty (even though she got some residual skills from being possessed), and eventually Armor. But I'm pretty sure I remember that he was named as the main teacher in hand to hand during the outback days.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I meant junior members who were between New Mutants and X-Men status, such as Psylocke, Dazzler, Kitty (even though she got some residual skills from being possessed), and eventually Armor. But I'm pretty sure I remember that he was named as the main teacher in hand to hand during the outback days.

sure, but in most of those cases (except Kitty and Armor, who are the exceptions), the characters in question were legally adults.

Gazerbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unpopular opinion alert: Wolverine becoming a “badass with a heart of gold” and a mentor to a series of teenage female x-men (kitty pryde, jubilee, armor).

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Night4345

@phoenixofthetides: But I'm pretty sure I remember that he was named as the main teacher in hand to hand during the outback days.

He was the close combat teacher for the school before M-Day.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, we get it, you hate Scott because thinking he is a douche is the FABULOUS thing to do these days. And that extremely biased writer you copy/pasted that stuff from does too.

But guess what ? The majority of us Don't.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lulz!!!

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is not a douchebag. I like him. Just because he is following Magneto's role and that he finally realize Magneto was right doesn't make him a douchebag. Mutants need to be protected and that's true. He only doing what is right by protecting them.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCOTT SUMMERS: IMPERVIOUS TO HATERS!

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.