Whats gunna happen to the current new x-men?

• 197 results
#1 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

whats happening to the current new x-men?

elixir, hellion, surge, mercury etc.

i know that rockslide, dust, blindfold, and wolfcub are joinging new x-men and that x-23 is going to x-factor.

but whats happening to the rest?

#2 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know what's going to happen with Prodigy (no one else cares!), Elixir, Gentle, Mercury and Hellion.

#3 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see more of Dust. She has great potential.

#4 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

She'll be in Young X-Men.

#5 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"She'll be in Young X-Men."

Forgot about that.

#6 Posted by Koro (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see Young X-men.

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see more of the chick with the burkha who can control sand and become sand.

#8 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I want to see more of the chick with the burkha who can control sand and become sand."

So...Dust?

#9 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think that the previosu young x-men training squad will eventually reappear in young x-men?

#10 Posted by Lightning Omega (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Will tehy graduate and join other teams or will they join the new brotherhood of mutants?

#11 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they're ready to graduate, but bad writers do stupid things. You see it in X-men all the time. Some of them will definitely join the new brotherhood. I think Prodigy and the Cuckcoos will join the brotherhood, as well as Mercury. I've always wanted to see a Mercury vs. Dust match. Surge to me is up in the air. She could go both ways. Anole is useless to me so I hope the Brotherhood kills him. I don't think we'll be able to tell just who's on the team, cause I don't think Cyclops would send a squad like that after a team with Magma on it, but once again it's the moronic writers, not the characters. Pixie should go study some magic with Amanda Sefton, or Jennifer Kale. And since I won't piss on Hellion to save him from a forest fire, so I hope he meets the same fate as Anole.

#12 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

It would make no sense to have the Cuckoos, Prodigy on the brotherhood nor hellion, surge, or elixir. Mercury... maybe cos Wither is on it.

They should keep Elxir, Hellion, Mercury and Surge on the X-Men hopefully they will be on the Young X-men squad after the first arc.

If gunningheim makes Hellion, Elixir or Surge evil i will never pic up his shitty titles again.

#13 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

It doesn't make sense for Moonstar to be on the brotherhood as well, but she will be. It would be cool to see an evil Elixir. Plus, you do so many people have a thing for surge? She's not that great a character. For some reason, the way they write her don't seem natural. It's like how they used to write Nightcrawler when they made him get usurped by Angel. It was just off somehow.

#14 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Surge, she parralels Rogue witgh ehr struggle with leadership, but Elixir and Hellion (+ Mercury and X23) are my favs new x-men. It would annoy me so much if Elixir and Hellion were evil cos they could be such good x-men: they would not make elixir evil cos wither hates him and they wud be on the same side. I would be annoyed if Mercury was evil cos shes a great x-woman.

Hellion has sooo much potential to be a good character and I liked what Kyle and Yost did with him: making him more appealable and sensitive and a guy who cared for his friends.

I am sure that Moonstar was depowered yet on the cover of young x-men #2 she has her psionic arrow and bow??? and it just seems stupid that her and Magma would attack the establishment that created them. It woudl make more sense if the new brotherhood was of hellfire; Selene and Donald Pierce as well as Sunspot??? maybe thats hwo it ties in.

Ideally i woudl graduate or advance Hellion, Elxir, Surge, Prodigy, Mercury, X23, Rockslide, and Dust (possibly cuckoos) and put them on an X-Men squad (Hellion Leader).

Leaving Anole, Pixie, (Cuckoos), Match, Indra, Loa, Wolfcub etc...... for a young X-Men Squad.

#15 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

".....you do so many people have a thing for surge? She's not that great a character. For some reason, the way they write her don't seem natural....

LIke so many New X-men she has soooo much potential to be a great character.

The team of "Hellion, Elxir, Surge, Prodigy, Mercury, (X23), Rockslide, and Dust (possibly cuckoos)" shoudl be made full x-men on an actual x-men title with Kyle and Yost as writers (brilliant writers demostrated by stint on New X-men and X23 seri).

The younger should then be elaborated upon and have adventures written by Marc Gunningheim: he will most liekly ruin the other characters if he uses them and ruin the last 2.5 years of New X-men history for me. he does nto deserve to use them!!

#16 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Sunspot would be part of the brotherhood, let alone one of it's leaders. He stood around longer than both Moonstar and Magma, Why would he betray them? He may be hot-headed, but he's not a turncoat. I still don't see what they did that makes them deserve to graduate. Graduating from a junior team to the X-men means something, and frankly none of the characters in New X-men have done enough to get that much praise(maybe X-23).And Hellion is a alright character, put him up against Marvel-boy when the new warriors were in the Child's play storyline(I think that's about even as far as power), and not only is he out-classed, but he gets to wear his a$$ as a hat at the end of the fight. Surge is another one who people just keep says tons of great things, in reality she would have never made it through the X-tincion Agenda storyline. She just wouldn't. All I'm saying is the kids have a lot more to do(in my eyes) before they can be X-men.

#17 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"All I'm saying is the kids have a lot more to do(in my eyes) before they can be X-men."
you forget about the nimrod & purifier arcs and the messiah complex saga. I was stating the point that seeing as Selene could have soemthing to do with the brotherhood it is possibel that Roberta could also in alligiance with his old teammates. Hellion, Elxir and Surge etc..... need a chance to prove themselves X-Men. Gunningheim would be stupid to put them on the brotherhood especially with Rockslide and Dust on the Young X-Men team. Who knows? maybe he will eventually have them in the squad? Hopefully he will kill off wolfcub ink and greymalkin(there are too many ferals)and get some decent members?
Post Edited:2008-02-27 17:47:24
#18 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there been any official word with Hellion's fate, yet? I've read alot of teasers and spoilers, but as of yet I cannot get a straight answer. If they kill Hellion off, yeah... what a total waste. I agree with Enigma about Keller's potential. He's an excellent character with a bunch of sides to him. We've seen the hot head, we've seen the fighter, we've seen the protector, and we've seen the sympathetic side of him. There's no way you can just scrap a character like this in favor of someone else. I just don't see it.

#19 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Has there been any official word with Hellion's fate, yet? I've read alot of teasers and spoilers, but as of yet I cannot get a straight answer. If they kill Hellion off, yeah... what a total waste. I agree with Enigma about Keller's potential. He's an excellent character with a bunch of sides to him. We've seen the hot head, we've seen the fighter, we've seen the protector, and we've seen the sympathetic side of him. There's no way you can just scrap a character like this in favor of someone else. I just don't see it."

what rumours have u heard abotu hellion?

#20 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

-I've heard him "potentially" graduating to a full X-Man

-I've heard that he'll be introduced into Young X-Men

-I've heard he'll join the Initiative

-I've heard he'll out right not survive the Messiah Complex storyline.

So.. yeah. Alot of different situations there regarding his character. Personally, I'd like to see him being made into either a member of the X-Men or put into Young X-Men. If they kill him off, and right now he's hanging by a thread. They had to basically resussitate him in the broken down, what's left of the Infirmary. So it isn't exactly looking good for my favorite here.

#21 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Ok X-men member would rock: Like when Cannonball graduated. (hopefully a title will use a bunch of the oldies like him, elixir, surge, mercury and the cuckoos; young x-men squad sucks.)

• He (they all could) could just be at school training not on any squad (have a title) whilst recovering from his injuries. (they would be in liek the background and would feature in titles liek young x-men).

Young X-Men would be my second choice: just hope that Gunningheim would use him well on a decent squad.

• Intiative would be like "meh": ok not bad, but not exactly great.

• Killing him off would totally suck and I would never read a title by that writer again.

I think he'll probs be in young x-men (if not on team will probs feature if not be on team) and this will probs all be made clear when Cyclops reforms the x-men in Uncanny #500:

several of them were several injured liek Hellion, Nightcrawler and Elixir was comatose; they all went to Muir Isle.

Even in disbanding the X-Men surely they would be looked after?

#22 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

That sounds awesome, Lexi. Someone else should go to the initiative(not just Colossus), and I can think of no one better than Hellion. He don't have enough control over his powers to be an x-men yet. Maybe he can learn to control them, then come back to young x-men. I think that's my real problem with him. He shows very little control over his powers, and people really are pushing for him to graduate. He's not ready. and when Cannonball graduated it was about time. He grew as a character. It's sad to say, but now they reverted him back into Jet-Ass.

#23 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"That sounds awesome, Lexi. Someone else should go to the initiative(not just Colossus), and I can think of no one better than Hellion. He don't have enough control over his powers to be an x-men yet. Maybe he can learn to control them, then come back to young x-men. I think that's my real problem with him. He shows very little control over his powers, and people really are pushing for him to graduate. He's not ready. and when Cannonball graduated it was about time. He grew as a character. It's sad to say, but now they reverted him back into Jet-Ass."

thats a good point.... but he could learn to learn to control his powers at the institute when it reforms.

I hate collosus but he would eb no good on the initiative: he would be better dead.

How has cannonball reverted to Jet-Ass?

#24 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"Cobalt says:
"That sounds awesome, Lexi. Someone else should go to the initiative(not just Colossus), and I can think of no one better than Hellion. He don't have enough control over his powers to be an x-men yet. Maybe he can learn to control them, then come back to young x-men. I think that's my real problem with him. He shows very little control over his powers, and people really are pushing for him to graduate. He's not ready. and when Cannonball graduated it was about time. He grew as a character. It's sad to say, but now they reverted him back into Jet-Ass."
thats a good point.... but he could learn to learn to control his powers at the institute when it reforms. I hate collosus but he would eb no good on the initiative: he would be better dead. How has cannonball reverted to Jet-Ass?"

Oh! I am so in agreement! I cannot stand Colossus in any shape or fashion. I have disliked him from way back.. I hated that the smartest girl in the entire school (Kitty Pryde, my fave of course) had to have a crush on this waste of ink. He cheats on her and dismisses her... and in alternate futures, basically kills her, the one he says he loves, for his sister? Oh yeah! Serious issues with that right there. I would be happy if they kill of Colossus (again) and let him stay dead!

As for Hellion? I would definitely want him in the future to BE one of the X-Men. He, out of all the New Mutants save Mercury, have the most potential!! I don't really care for Surge, Cub, X-23, or any of the rest.. When I followed the books and read them, my interest was taken by Mercury and Hellion. I liked Wallflower, but yeah.. they had to go kill her off, too. Thanks..

#25 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"The Enigma says:
"Cobalt says:
thats a good point.... but he could learn to learn to control his powers at the institute when it reforms. I hate collosus but he would eb no good on the initiative: he would be better dead. How has cannonball reverted to Jet-Ass?"
Oh! I am so in agreement! I cannot stand Colossus in any shape or fashion. I have disliked him from way back.. I hated that the smartest girl in the entire school (Kitty Pryde, my fave of course) had to have a crush on this waste of ink. He cheats on her and dismisses her... and in alternate futures, basically kills her, the one he says he loves, for his sister? Oh yeah! Serious issues with that right there. I would be happy if they kill of Colossus (again) and let him stay dead! As for Hellion? I would definitely want him in the future to BE one of the X-Men. He, out of all the New Mutants save Mercury, have the most potential!! I don't really care for Surge, Cub, X-23, or any of the rest.. When I followed the books and read them, my interest was taken by Mercury and Hellion. I liked Wallflower, but yeah.. they had to go kill her off, too. Thanks.. "

I detest Collosus almost as much as I hated Xorn.

But anyway... I totally agree but Mercury, Elixir, Stepford Cuckoos and Hellion would be great X-Men. Surge would be ok but not special and Anole and Pixe seem crap... overated.

#26 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"Cobalt says:

All he does anymore is do the whole human rocket thing. that get old after a while. He's still a great leader, but it's like he lost all the skills he had developed before he joined the x-men(X-force#44), and everything he learned while working with Pete Wisdom(I can see Cyclops letting him use Death from above on the enemy). If they were gonna do that to him they were better off putting him in limbo like they do with Sunspot(another person who could be an x-man).

#27 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Cobalt: It turns out that Cannonball is going to join Cable raising the Baby Messiah in the future.

Hellion needs more time to develop. By the end of their run Kyle and Yost had suceeded in creating a sensitive character with great potential.

#28 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84378 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Sunspot comes back when Young X-Men debuts... He, Magma, and Moonstar are the "advisors" You'll get to see Sunsot again. "

Really? Thats awesome

#29 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Sunspot comes back when Young X-Men debuts... He, Magma, and Moonstar are the "advisors" You'll get to see Sunsot again.

#30 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Sunspot comes back when Young X-Men debuts... He, Magma, and Moonstar are the "advisors" You'll get to see Sunsot again. "

what are they advisers of exactly?

..... wither anyone?

#31 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

All I care about is Rockslide, Hellion, Elixir, Mercury, and Anole. Dust is ok, but the praying on every page gets old. She's devout, we get it. I don't think Young X-Men will be very good. The writers, from what i've seen in an interview, know nothing of what they're talking about

#32 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-Men (the book) is being cancelled.. They're introducing a new book Young X-Men. Danielle Moonstar, Magma, and Sunspot are the advisors of the new team. Well, it's comprised of some of the same members as New X-Men, but there area few obvious oversights. (Hellion and Mercury are not on the team)

Wither.. whatever happened to him! Last I heard, after he withered Laurie's arm, he took off. M-Day screwed with his head and somehow he took up with the Black Queen of the HFC? I don't know what's happened since. It's like he's vanished!

#33 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"All I care about is Rockslide, Hellion, Elixir, Mercury, and Anole. Dust is ok, but the praying on every page gets old. She's devout, we get it. I don't think Young X-Men will be very good. The writers, from what i've seen in an interview, know nothing of what they're talking about"

Rockslide and Dust join Young X-Men.. I think Elixir is there in a small capacity, though I don't know if he's listed as an "official" member or not. There has been NO word on Hellion's fate and Mercury is just MIA.

#34 Posted by Chameleone (8710 posts) - - Show Bio

I just have a feeling Young X-Men will never be able to live up to New X-Men

#35 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

The team needs to be Hellion, Elixir, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, X-23.

The new writers look crap and i agree with what chameleoen sed about them.

wither is rumoured to be in the brotherhood... who is leading them? and what does donald pierce have to do with it?

#36 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

chameleone says:

"I just have a feeling Young X-Men will never be able to live up to New X-Men"

totally.... kyle and yost were brilliant it only became my fav when they became writers and the fact that they chose the coolest mutants..... the first 4 arcs were best with decimation until mercury falling... belasco slipped as it included less important characters.... still great tho.

I HATE THE LOOK OF YOUNG X-MEN.

#37 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys just made me start collecting Young x-men. And Cannonball with Cable again...Oh happy day. Now all that needs to happen is for Siryn to tell Warpath(her real best friend) that she's preggers. Can you picture his face? That one caption would be worth the price of at least ten copies.

#38 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"The team needs to be Hellion, Elixir, Surge, Rockslide, Mercury, X-23. The new writers look crap and i agree with what chameleoen sed about them. wither is rumoured to be in the brotherhood... who is leading them? and what does donald pierce have to do with it? "

You can leave off X-23 for me. I don't like her. She's Wolverine with PMS. Yeah... Like we don't see enough Wolverine as it is.

And Wither with the Brotherhood? That's sorta sad... I was re-reading his origins, along with some of the other New X-Men a while back and I feel bad for him. I wish the X-Men would find him and try to.... heal the wounds of his. Though.. they're deep.

#39 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a fight between Exilir and Wither would be sweet. I'd like to see how they would use their powers to counter, or cancel out eash others.

#40 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"I think a fight between Exilir and Wither would be sweet. I'd like to see how they would use their powers to counter, or cancel out eash others."

Wither would win, I believe. Because even his regenerative powers wouldn't save Laurie's arm when Kevin touched it.. Wither's like.. majorly powerful. It's hard to resist the touch of death. Could he touch Wolverine and like.. finally kill him or would he heal himself?

#41 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked wither (cool character and power)... but i hated the fact he was overshadowed by elixir... it wud make sense for him to be on the brotherhood after the death of laurie....: there are no young mutants left to be on the brotherhood.... maybe ... ANOLE hahaha.

cable will be awesome....

#42 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

Cobalt says:

"I think a fight between Exilir and Wither would be sweet. I'd like to see how they would use their powers to counter, or cancel out eash others."

Elixir would win..... but i bet Wither kills Greymalkin cos he dies in the first arc. or hopefully that new Ink guy.

#43 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I know when Elixir killed Stryker, he turned black. Now that.. was freakin awesome..

But Wither being bad bugs me.. He shouldn't be bad.

#44 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

Greymalkin, isn't that the name of the street the x-mansion is on? And the name of Cable's old space station?

#45 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"Cobalt says:
Wither would win, I believe. Because even his regenerative powers wouldn't save Laurie's arm when Kevin touched it.. Wither's like.. majorly powerful. It's hard to resist the touch of death. Could he touch Wolverine and like.. finally kill him or would he heal himself? "

well if he detroyed all of wolverne's cells then yes. but in fairness elixir has grown in power since decimation and lauries's arm... probs so has wither.

#46 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep...Greymalkin Lane. That's where the Institute is located.

#47 Posted by Cobalt (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be funny if Cable sent him back in time to tell Cyclops about MC, but over shot the time.

#48 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

LexiCat says:

"I know when Elixir killed Stryker, he turned black. Now that.. was freakin awesome.. But Wither being bad bugs me.. He shouldn't be bad. "

his power is not exactly what you would expect from a hero tho? touch of death... hero's don't kill. (only severly maim their opponetents and leave them for dead)

#49 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Young X-men is kinda risky, BUT u Rockslide and Dust are pretty cool! I like Rockslide being all macho, and Dust being sucha a mystery (and dust doesnt pray every page, and if she did who cares!)

I am worried about Mercury, because she's sooo cool! I wish she joined Young X-men!

And the Hellion, Anole, Stepford Cuckoos, Exiler, etc.... I hope we find out about their fates......

#50 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

See it isn't your power that defines you. It's how you use it and who you are. Kevin Ford isn't a bad person. I mean, everyone he's killed has been accidental. How would you react to killing your Dad, because he hugged you to comfort you?

Kevin's a gifted artist.. and essentially a good person at heart. At least I think so.. So yeah it's hard to see him as the bad guy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.